Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:10:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't panic!  (Read 2198 times)
mariayaz

Activity: 294
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:09:20 AM

Well i agree to some extend but no one can give guarantee that the prices will rise up again, what if they don't? so cryptocurrencies are very unpredictable. only invest what you can afford to lose.

✦✦✦✦✦  ☸ SECURE - FAST - FAIR ☸  ✦✦✦✦✦   (https://www.bitgame.com/?trackCode=BITCOINTALK)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dankenstein

Activity: 279
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:11:31 AM

For anyone who is panicking at the market-wide price drops, please don't! There is no reason to panic. Look long-term, don't look at price charts over the last week or month, look at them over the last year and see the pattern of rises followed by pullbacks... but the course is always upwards.

If you're new and bought in during December and now see huge losses... the worst thing you can do is sell now. Prices will increase in the long term. The current dip is just a correction to the wild excesses of last month. Don't panic!
If the prices you can see now are lower than the prices that you bought in at, then the best thing you can do is buy more. Why? This will lower your average entry price.
If you bought bitcoin at $16000 and see it now at $8000, the course of action is clear: buy the same amount at $8000, and your average entry point is no longer $16000, it's (16000+8000)/2=$12000.

Don't sell, buy!

i also think that nobody should sell anything, because up and downs are just normal and yes usually it's not a bad decision to buy low, if you have some money left. but somehow i can unterstand the people, which buy btc for such a high price like 18k per coin or more, that they prefer at the moment selling their coins instead of spending more money into the market, because some of them have put all their money inside allready :-)

i mean, as i can see on your rank, you are in cryptos since a while, so it's easy to say don't sell because you probably have not made any losses yet. but for people, whitch lost 50 per cent or more of their money over the last 2 weeks, it's a hard decision, especially to put more money inside the market :-)

Cnut237 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:15:40 AM

For anyone who is panicking at the market-wide price drops, please don't! There is no reason to panic. Look long-term, don't look at price charts over the last week or month, look at them over the last year and see the pattern of rises followed by pullbacks... but the course is always upwards.

If you're new and bought in during December and now see huge losses... the worst thing you can do is sell now. Prices will increase in the long term. The current dip is just a correction to the wild excesses of last month. Don't panic!
If the prices you can see now are lower than the prices that you bought in at, then the best thing you can do is buy more. Why? This will lower your average entry price.
If you bought bitcoin at $16000 and see it now at $8000, the course of action is clear: buy the same amount at $8000, and your average entry point is no longer $16000, it's (16000+8000)/2=$12000.

Don't sell, buy!

i also think that nobody should sell anything, because up and downs are just normal and yes usually it's not a bad decision to buy low, if you have some money left. but somehow i can unterstand the people, which buy btc for such a high price like 18k per coin or more, that they prefer at the moment selling their coins instead of spending more money into the market, because some of them have put all their money inside allready :-)

i mean, as i can see on your rank, you are in cryptos since a while, so it's easy to say don't sell because you probably have not made any losses yet. but for people, whitch lost 50 per cent or more of their money over the last 2 weeks, it's a hard decision, especially to put more money inside the market :-)

I totally agree that it is hard if the current price is far below the price at which you bought in. That I why I thought I would make this thread, to try to calm people's nerves and get them to see the bigger picture, not just how the price has moved since they came into crypto.
If I can just help one person not to panic, I will be happy Smiley

prototype40

Activity: 38
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:21:32 AM

I'm actually buying more NEBL and ONION right now.. sales days! If you invest what you're willing to lose there's no need to panic. Remember this.
Piterg

Activity: 420
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:24:04 AM

those who entered at the maximum only one tip in this situation, this is to keep and not sell, if you sell then you will not be able to recover your losses later. And if there are available funds, you can still buy in order to average
Thyaga

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:25:55 AM

Don't sell, buy!

What if someone needs money for now? whether the person is suggested to sell or hodl some time again in order to reduce the cut-loss.
breeze170

Activity: 186

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:27:38 AM

Panic? I don't. I have great trust in markets. I am only waiting for whales to come and pump the prices back yet again. It will last somewhat longer than expected but it will be very profitable for everyone.

Cnut237 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:32:54 AM

Don't sell, buy!

What if someone needs money for now? whether the person is suggested to sell or hodl some time again in order to reduce the cut-loss.

I think if you need money for now, then just take out the minimum that you need. Leave the rest untouched. So you will see a small loss that will turn to a gain in a few months' time.

rolozcar

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:34:22 AM

If you look at BTC previous yearly charts, you can see the market has always been bearish in the first months, after that the market has always been going up, the best option is to hodl and accumulate more BTC while at discount.
edi-mf

Activity: 45

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:34:50 AM

I'm panicking because I don't have cash to buy more crypto in this amazing sale!  Cry
Ryder100

Activity: 17

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:35:06 AM

The price of btc should not have been higher than about $8000 at this point in time.

If you look at the trading charts on a day scale, and draw a line through the higher highs up (with the last higher high on you line being around 21 Oct 2017) btc was rising steadily with this dynamic support and resistance line up until around the 25th of Nov.  After 25th of Nov 2017 the charts show a typical pump and dump pattern.  The price got pumped to $19000 + and now we are nearing the bottom of the dump.

For sustainable growth, following this dynamic support and resistance line, Btc should reach the $12000 around mid june 2018, however there will probably be some more pumps before that causing it to reach $12000 earlier, but it will only crash once more if it pumps rather than rise steadily.

We do not want these pumps, we would prefer patience and for btc to rise more steadily, hence we do not want btc to rise to more than $12000 before mid june 2018.

right now we should be happy that btc has come back to the price it should actually be at on today's date, around $8000.  It might drop slightly lower as it breaks the $8000 support, but not much lower.

It is unfortunate for the people who got involved in btc since nov 25th, as they got caught up in it during it's pump stage and are now experiencing it's dump.  Do not worry, your money is safe,  just be patient and hope for a slower steady growth rather than than another pump, and you will have your money back within the year.

Of course this is just my analysis and opinion, but it seems to be what the charts are telling me.
anindo

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:41:01 AM

Yeh, you are absolutely right! Most importantly, it's calm and patience. And, if there is still common sense and the ability to count, it will be success!
rainangel7

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:42:22 AM

Always remeber rule nr. 1
Invest just what you can afford to lose, those who panic probably are people who ingored the rule.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:42:57 AM

when it comes to altcoins, sometimes it IS a good idea to panic. not panicking means losing a lot of money because when the dumps start they won't just stop simply. they will go on for a while.
and also not to forget how others are panicking. you can't ignore where the altcion market is headed and not all the altcoins are going to recover after the large scale dump ended.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:43:14 AM

Don't sell, buy!

Not to worry about corrections I always hedge my funds with USD + I make some money box to be able to live for up to half a year without cashing out my crypto at dips. Only this way I can calm down and take any correction easy.
helin9108

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

ELYSIAN | Pre-TGE 5.21.2018 | TGE 6.04.2018

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 10:44:25 AM

Don't sell, buy!

I would like to thank you for this post and thread because people are much feared and dipressed with this fall.And I also agree with you , do not panic now and hold your all bitcoins and altcoin even anybody want to invest now , its a good chance to buy bitcoin as this cheap level. And as this fall stops bitcoin will rise till 10000$ level again in just 20-25 days. Now a days much FUD and fake news came so this fall happen. So hold all your coins. And I think after reading this thread and post some people get some reliefe from fear.

boranes

Activity: 644
Merit: 253

Change Your Worlds Build a New Era!

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:45:12 AM

Don't sell, buy!
Shit this forum become ridiculous.

What kind of advice is that?

What about those people who invested hundred thousand dollars in bitcoin when it was $16K and lost half of their money already, you are suggesting them to buy for $8K because some silly math calculation (16+8)/2= 12?

Look at my calculation:

$100K invested when bitcoin was 18K = $50K loss.
Another 100K at this price = $200K invested while you are still 50K at lost. Wink

░░░░░▄██░██░██▄        ████████████████▄     ███▄░░░░░░░▄███
░░░▄███▀░██░▀███▄     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████     ▀████░░░░░████▀
░▄███▀░░░██░░░▀███▄  ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███     ░▀████░░░████▀░
▄███▀░░░░██░░░░▀███▄ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███     ░░▀██▀░▄████▀░░
███▀░░░░░██░░░░░▀███ ░░░█████████████▀     ░░░▀░▄█████▀░░░
████░░░░░██░░░░░████ ░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▀         ░░░▄███████▄░░░
▀████░░░░░░░░░░████▀ ░░░░░░░░░░░████         ░░▄████░████▄░░
░▀████░░░░░░░░████▀   ░░░░░░░░░░░░████       ░▄████░░░████▄░
░░░▀███▄░░░░▄███▀       ░░░░░░░░░░░░░████     ▄████░░░░░████▄
░░░░░  ██████▀           ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██     ███▀░░░░░░░▀███
The Future of Gaming Comission
FreeGames And Items Exchange
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ereun

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:47:57 AM

And it takes an uncertain time to pull your capital back, it could take a month or a year. of course all do not like the word "Loss" though sometimes we can not fight the flow. Grin
But do not be afraid too, because we can still maintain our coin until the price back up."do not panic" This is the difference Bitcoin trading with other trading.
Edrahil67
Copper Member

Activity: 50

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:49:17 AM

The Sun Always Comes Up After The Storm  !  Cool
Sid3d

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:50:38 AM

The crypto market began to fall due to the fact that everyone started to panic. Everyone rushed to sell bitcoin. And the price has fallen even more. Guys, calm down, everything will be fine.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: