Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 05:26:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 274 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🌟🌟🚀 [ANN] CRYPTOFLIX 🌟🌟🚀 Watch Movies. Fund Films. Get Cryptos. Repeat.  (Read 42456 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Token Williams

Activity: 310
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 12:46:06 AM

I wonder if a model like Basic Attention Token is not better suited for CryptoFlix. Basic Attention Token rewards users for consuming ads in a browser. Monetary rewards for consuming entertainment would be a great way to spread adoption.

Youmean, that people must get rewards for watching films? But they must pay tokens for this...

That would be my dream job. Ads are annoying, movies are entertaining
PS92

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 01:02:57 AM

I wonder if a model like Basic Attention Token is not better suited for CryptoFlix. Basic Attention Token rewards users for consuming ads in a browser. Monetary rewards for consuming entertainment would be a great way to spread adoption.
I think that wouldn't be profitable. The production of movies and documentaries is very expensive and money is needed to finance everything.

It's a nice idea, but not really feasible. The money needs to be there before, so they can produce the film.
You cannot steer around the fact that servers needs to be paid, there will be licencing fees and there is not the monthly salary of the programmers included.
To make this work, you will need a subscription plan for your customers. Ads cannot make you enough money to pay the licencing alone.
So they will also get subscription money which can invested into the productions of movies again. This would work. But watching movies for free while
getting tokens for ad placement - wont be sufficient.

Maybe they can heavily reduce the fees through their approach of dividing the world in regions and offering mostly local movies. Also, many movies are supposed to be free so maybe there's no fee either.
The other costs would still be there though.

It should be fitted for each region, because people in poor countries can't pay the same fees as people in Norway

drdorianjd

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 01:15:01 AM

Are you planning in getting the token to exchange platforms?
crazyfrog01

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 01:19:15 AM

There is talk about incentivised platform usage? How do you charge and reward at the same time?

The reward part is the film productions' crowdfunding, I don't think that you will be reward by only watching movies, you misunderstood something I guess

Just imagen you would get rewards for watching movies and tv shows. I would watch the whole day.
Well, I do have a day job, and I think my mind would blur out after few weeks if I would be watching movies/series all day long :p
But, this is a double thought... if you pay to be able to view, and you get rewarded for viewing, why not skip a step and let people pay at the end of the month, or if they watched more than what they should pay, fund their account with the earned tokens Smiley

Then is the question of how much would what kind of movie or tv show bring in to have a chance to get more then you have to pay. Remembers me of BlackMirror, one of the first episodes where they have to watch all this stuff to get credits and then to pay credits to skip all this ads etc.

Sandblock  ❱❱  Decentralized consortium of brands and customers
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬          WhitepaperTelegramAnn Thread          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❰ TOKEN SALE ❱ MAY 16
jonnytracker

Activity: 672
Merit: 261

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:58:57 AM

There is talk about incentivised platform usage? How do you charge and reward at the same time?

The reward part is the film productions' crowdfunding, I don't think that you will be reward by only watching movies, you misunderstood something I guess

Just imagen you would get rewards for watching movies and tv shows. I would watch the whole day.
Well, I do have a day job, and I think my mind would blur out after few weeks if I would be watching movies/series all day long :p
But, this is a double thought... if you pay to be able to view, and you get rewarded for viewing, why not skip a step and let people pay at the end of the month, or if they watched more than what they should pay, fund their account with the earned tokens Smiley

Then is the question of how much would what kind of movie or tv show bring in to have a chance to get more then you have to pay. Remembers me of BlackMirror, one of the first episodes where they have to watch all this stuff to get credits and then to pay credits to skip all this ads etc.

First they want to force ads, now they want to pay not to show.. very manipulative.. I hope Cryptoflix does not adopt this method
helloal

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 07:07:46 AM

Having a commercial-free platform is a good approach. Pay-TV subscription services (that are now becoming extinct) failed at this by still bombarding users with commercials.

beeelzebub

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 07:27:34 AM

Having a commercial-free platform is a good approach. Pay-TV subscription services (that are now becoming extinct) failed at this by still bombarding users with commercials.

I don't think pay-tv subscription services are failing. Netflix, hulu, amazon and etc are booming. Or are you telling something different?

Herad Hedid

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

Altair VR. Next-gen Blockchain VR Wikipedia

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 07:31:46 AM

Why would cryptoflix want to pay you for watching movies? This is just absurd

Same reason why Basic Attention Token pays people for browsing the internet and watching ads: cut out the middle man and keep most of the advertising revenue.

But CryptoFlix has settled on ad-free free movies.

Maybe they could implement the code from Oyster protocol on their website. So that they can create revenue without the needs of ads.

That could be a good idea, but I think the DEVs already have a solution and a good business plan with regards to revenue matters. Smiley
I think they aim at first for developing countries where people don't have much money. I think it's important for them to be as cheap as possible.

Makkara

Activity: 1064
Merit: 166

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 07:32:34 AM

I don't think pay-tv subscription services are failing. Netflix, hulu, amazon and etc are booming. Or are you telling something different?

agree i have never seen advertisement in netflix actually, i think they are doing pretty well infact

Pi Network - mining app for phone: https://minepi.com/spippolino
Blockfolio trading: https://blockfolio.com/trading?r=MvFRE7EX98
omwibya

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 07:49:21 AM

Same reason why Basic Attention Token pays people for browsing the internet and watching ads: cut out the middle man and keep most of the advertising revenue.

Maybe they could implement the code from Oyster protocol on their website. So that they can create revenue without the needs of ads.

That could be a good idea, but I think the DEVs already have a solution and a good business plan with regards to revenue matters. Smiley
I think they aim at first for developing countries where people don't have much money. I think it's important for them to be as cheap as possible.

a subscription service would be better, without commercials. people are put off by them

⧱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●     Uchit - The Hub of Communication and Collaboration based on Blockchain Technology.     ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧱
⧱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬      Whitepaper     Facebook     Twitter     Telegram       ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧱
PRE-ICO | 1st April 2018
batako

Activity: 1022
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 08:54:06 AM

It is nice when I read that cryptoflix will offer free educational contents. I wish the content will have a good quality and not just the ordinary one.
cevap

Activity: 490

www.Zercados.com

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 09:25:43 AM

agree i have never seen advertisement in netflix actually, i think they are doing pretty well infact

That's the idea, I think, that you pay, but you don't have to watch commercials. HBO also doesn't have them in the middle of movies.

crazyfrog01

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 09:46:27 AM

Well that is the thing why you pay for pay tv like Netflix, right? You don't need to bother with commercials etc. As you already hsve paid your share.

Sandblock  ❱❱  Decentralized consortium of brands and customers
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬          WhitepaperTelegramAnn Thread          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❰ TOKEN SALE ❱ MAY 16
turkandjaydee

Activity: 1456
Merit: 567

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 09:54:14 AM

Yes of course, an altcoin needs to be listed at least on 1 exchange after ICO, so there will be volume and buyers.
jonnytracker

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 09:57:11 AM

a subscription service would be better, without commercials. people are put off by them

yes, people are annoyed enough by youtube they go for ads removing plugins
king_of_alts

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:02:51 AM

Yes of course, an altcoin needs to be listed at least on 1 exchange after ICO, so there will be volume and buyers.

You can expect the token to hit EtherDelta shortly after the ICO. I wouldn't really worry about exchanges.
cevap

Activity: 490

www.Zercados.com

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:27:41 AM

It is nice when I read that cryptoflix will offer free educational contents. I wish the content will have a good quality and not just the ordinary one.

It depends on what is good quality for you. Free content usually has a bit lower quality, since plagiarism is a crime. We'll see how cryptoflix will deal with it. As far as I understand, they plan to introduce educational content later, after the main platform will be ready, right?

aveon

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:31:34 AM

It depends on what is good quality for you. Free content usually has a bit lower quality, since plagiarism is a crime. We'll see how cryptoflix will deal with it. As far as I understand, they plan to introduce educational content later, after the main platform will be ready, right?
Apparently, their primary goal is video content. Of course it may contain some educational materials, but first of all they have to attract audience. This can easily be done with entertaining, not educational materials.
kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:30:33 AM

Apparently, their primary goal is video content. Of course it may contain some educational materials, but first of all they have to attract audience. This can easily be done with entertaining, not educational materials.

Students (and even non-students) will appreciate  high quality educational video content. Right now the only source for those is youtube and you don't even find what you're searching for most of the time

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
jonnytracker

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 12:14:52 PM

Students (and even non-students) will appreciate  high quality educational video content. Right now the only source for those is youtube and you don't even find what you're searching for most of the time

There are educational subscriptions sites like udemy and other services. Full course and training
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 274 »
  Print  

Jump to: