Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:43:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 274 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🌟🌟🚀 [ANN] CRYPTOFLIX 🌟🌟🚀 Watch Movies. Fund Films. Get Cryptos. Repeat.  (Read 42456 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Makkara

Activity: 1064
Merit: 166

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 12:12:30 PM

I really like the possibility to have a streaming platform where I can pay in crypto, and a lot of features in cryptoflix are interesting. The best is the possibility to fund film I think.

I wonder how they will get out the volatility of the currency regarding the payment

I don‘t think they have to. As you are not paying monthly you just pay at the current rate of the currency when you have to pay for watching something.

But I believe there will also be monthly or other periodic subscriptions, so if payments are done in crypto, volatility will be present.

I am not sure but some days ago they stated that they don‘t want to make a monthly subscription model but a model like iTunes where you pay for what you watch.
I think that's better especially for people who don't have the time to watch a lot. I think they will be most successful with the free part on their platform.
I also think it is beneficial both for users and the project as a whole. This is undoubtedly more convenient than a monthly subscription.

I still think it depends on the cost of the subscription versus the cost of purchasing each individual movie/video.

netflix understood the right formula that works, maybe is just better to go with it than come up with other systems that is not sure if they really work

Pi Network - mining app for phone: https://minepi.com/spippolino
Blockfolio trading: https://blockfolio.com/trading?r=MvFRE7EX98
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
viljy

Activity: 1736
Merit: 857

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 12:45:05 PM

I like there there is already a demo/alpha product online (https://platform.cryptoflix.io/) for us to look at. Really shows the commitment of the team. Cryptoflix is a clear case where blockchain can be used to cut out all the middlemen and thereby rewarding both the consumers and producers of the content.

thanks for sharing this with us, guess is missed this Oo" good to see something working.

Did anyone try to watch a movie on the platform?
To me it looks like Netflix, but the quality of the pics used is worse. So i am wondering about the performance of the streaming

Is it possible to watch films already there? I thought it was just a demo version. In any case, I am sure that the quality there will be no worse than in similar services.

There's a Dunkirk Trailer there. Streams better than other services.

I watched this movie. I did not like him. A long and boring film. I wonder if there will be serials on this platform. It would be nice.
premium_domainer
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1012

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:20:01 PM

I like there there is already a demo/alpha product online (https://platform.cryptoflix.io/) for us to look at. Really shows the commitment of the team. Cryptoflix is a clear case where blockchain can be used to cut out all the middlemen and thereby rewarding both the consumers and producers of the content.

thanks for sharing this with us, guess is missed this Oo" good to see something working.

Did anyone try to watch a movie on the platform?
To me it looks like Netflix, but the quality of the pics used is worse. So i am wondering about the performance of the streaming

Is it possible to watch films already there? I thought it was just a demo version. In any case, I am sure that the quality there will be no worse than in similar services.

There's a Dunkirk Trailer there. Streams better than other services.

I watched this movie. I did not like him. A long and boring film. I wonder if there will be serials on this platform. It would be nice.

I will try the trailer when i have the time for it.

By the way about Dunkirk, i think; it was the best film that could be done with this subject.

| 500+ Premium Crypto domains for sale | CryptoMagazine.org | Advertise in my Signature for free by PM'ing me | BitcoinsChannel.com | CryptoUniversity.org  | Are you able to see this?
CryptoCutie

Activity: 238
Merit: 131

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:34:52 PM

thanks for the informations, i see cryptoflix will have a bright future. Lets check the Bounty Campaign. Smiley
therealvau3

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:42:30 PM

I really like the possibility to have a streaming platform where I can pay in crypto, and a lot of features in cryptoflix are interesting. The best is the possibility to fund film I think.

I wonder how they will get out the volatility of the currency regarding the payment

I don‘t think they have to. As you are not paying monthly you just pay at the current rate of the currency when you have to pay for watching something.

But I believe there will also be monthly or other periodic subscriptions, so if payments are done in crypto, volatility will be present.

I am not sure but some days ago they stated that they don‘t want to make a monthly subscription model but a model like iTunes where you pay for what you watch.
I think that's better especially for people who don't have the time to watch a lot. I think they will be most successful with the free part on their platform.
I also think it is beneficial both for users and the project as a whole. This is undoubtedly more convenient than a monthly subscription.

I still think it depends on the cost of the subscription versus the cost of purchasing each individual movie/video.

netflix understood the right formula that works, maybe is just better to go with it than come up with other systems that is not sure if they really work
But there are still people do not whatch tat much that a subscription makes sense. They are most time on Amazon movie. And here is much potentiam where Cryptoflix can be a good challenger with their approach.
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:51:59 PM

You will check every filmmaker? Or how investors will know, this is a good filmmaker or may be scammer?
yeswepump
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1011

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:15:19 PM

Hey Everyone, Christian here

Regarding the CRYPTOFLIX Film Market, where FLIX Token owners can invest in films and own a little piece of Hollywood, I want to make it absolutely clear, that the movies we want to present to the possible investors, should have a potential to be present in many more windows of exhibition than VOD and the CRYPTOFLIX Streaming Platform. This is one of the key differences between our model and that of most other Blockchain based funding platforms for film.

To optimize the potential and income waterfall for a film, all windows of exhibition need to be pursued - these windows are:

1) Festivals (if applicable for the genre/type)
2) Theatrical (Cinemas) - this is still the best option for profits
3) DVD/Blu Ray - Still works, but not as it used to - by far
4) VOD - like CRYPTOFLIX
5) Pay TV/NetFlix
6) Free TV
7) Others

If a filmmaker was to exhibit a movie "only" on a lesser known blockchain based streaming platform, then there will be little or no profits to share with investors and likely break even is far far away.

We want the FLIX Token holders to be able to invest in quality Movies made by experienced filmmakers with the intent of taking it all the way - to ensure a maximum earning potential.

When the time comes for the movies to be in the VOD window - then they will be on CRYPTOFLIX.

Thanks for the continued interest and discussions/questions.

Please don't forget to sign up for the Early pre-sale alert on our webpage: www.cryptoflix.io.

Take care, Christian

This sounds an amazing roadmap and strategy. Do you already have connections with Indian huge market?
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:30:53 PM

You are trying to curtail piracy by watermarking copies of films with an ID linked to a payment on the blockchain. What happens when you have found the payment? In many cases purchases of pirated content are done with stolen credit cards.
Frickeladm

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:35:47 PM

Regarding the CRYPTOFLIX Film Market, where FLIX Token owners can invest in films and own a little piece of Hollywood, I want to make it absolutely clear, that the movies we want to present to the possible investors, should have a potential to be present in many more windows of exhibition than VOD and the CRYPTOFLIX Streaming Platform. This is one of the key differences between our model and that of most other Blockchain based funding platforms for film.

To optimize the potential and income waterfall for a film, all windows of exhibition need to be pursued - these windows are:

4) VOD - like CRYPTOFLIX
5) Pay TV/NetFlix
6) Free TV
7) Others

If a filmmaker was to exhibit a movie "only" on a lesser known blockchain based streaming platform, then there will be little or no profits to share with investors and likely break even is far far away.

We want the FLIX Token holders to be able to invest in quality Movies made by experienced filmmakers with the intent of taking it all the way - to ensure a maximum earning potential.

When the time comes for the movies to be in the VOD window - then they will be on CRYPTOFLIX.

Please don't forget to sign up for the Early pre-sale alert on our webpage: www.cryptoflix.io.

Take care, Christian

This sounds an amazing roadmap and strategy. Do you already have connections with Indian huge market?

That sounds quite amazing. Are you also considering VR stuff? I heard there is a big market for 360° VR festival/show seats
the_donald

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:44:03 PM

You are trying to curtail piracy by watermarking copies of films with an ID linked to a payment on the blockchain. What happens when you have found the payment? In many cases purchases of pirated content are done with stolen credit cards.

I think it's time to give up on the notion of stopping piracy from happening. it's not gonna happen. best if the dev's focus on having a good platform , rather than ineffective anti-piracy measures.

levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:00:50 PM

I think it's time to give up on the notion of stopping piracy from happening. it's not gonna happen. best if the dev's focus on having a good platform , rather than ineffective anti-piracy measures.

You can't kill piracy.

You can reduce it with good services. Cryptoflix can be one of this.

pynetx

Activity: 798
Merit: 262

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:22:16 PM

4) VOD - like CRYPTOFLIX
5) Pay TV/NetFlix
6) Free TV
7) Others

Take care, Christian

That sounds quite amazing. Are you also considering VR stuff? I heard there is a big market for 360° VR festival/show seats

Yeah, I would love to see some partnership with VR projects like Vibe etc.
belechau

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:14:38 PM

4) VOD - like CRYPTOFLIX
5) Pay TV/NetFlix
6) Free TV
7) Others

Take care, Christian

Actually, I invested in Vibe and had good returns, It would be a good partnership, with a Team committed to throwing them up. But there are many other opportunities for partnership, and perhaps a project with Ico active is a better partner at the moment, both would have the same interest with partner of different but complementary platforms
CryptoCutie

Activity: 238
Merit: 131

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:43:06 PM

No No that ico here is not a VR protect, its more how then Netflix and HBO Wink
Fermin AK

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

Presale is live!

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:44:20 PM

4) VOD - like CRYPTOFLIX
5) Pay TV/NetFlix
6) Free TV
7) Others

Take care, Christian

Actually, I invested in Vibe and had good returns, It would be a good partnership, with a Team committed to throwing them up. But there are many other opportunities for partnership, and perhaps a project with Ico active is a better partner at the moment, both would have the same interest with partner of different but complementary platforms
I see that you hae a clear idea of what is need to be done to success.

I have one question. How are you going to get agreements to produce the movies?

PS92

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:12:20 PM

I thought if they will manage to gain their special audience they may avoid competition. However, they need some unique stuff for that

I think they can do that, I think there some under the radar films that netflix or any video stream platform missed. So this can be win win situation.

A unique crowd for cryptoflix and a platform for special audiences.

My bet would go with high quality production made by themself. Everyone can rent a blockbuster movie but if you produce oyur own stuff. Maybe some real good book/comic/manga adaptions nobody else wants to do....

I think that's not a bad idea. That's a niche that lots of crypto enthusiast would enjoy

Token Williams

Activity: 310
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:16:04 PM

Anyways, to adoid any stiff competition, they decided wisely to start from the countries where similar services not so popular. Moreover, I can see other differences between Net- and CryptoFlix
This decision is undoubtedly a good move, but it is not necessary to delay much with access to the international arena. Otherwise, the interest in this project may overheat!

i think it is a good strategy to try before conquering a part of the market where there is little competition and there are no similar services and then expand in other areas...

with that strategy you can make final touches to your app/website with customer feedbacks and enter the highly competitive market when you are more than ready before.

imo this is the right way
It's not a bad strategy looking at it in that way, that way they can launch a better product in more competitive markets.

If Cryproflix offers you everything that Net-offers and more, it will definitely have a guaranteed success.
It is a very good idea, occupying the market with a lower competition because it will not have too many obstacles.
I also like the idea of helping filmmakers, some not having enough funds to implement their projects, some being very good.
I've seen enough low-budget movies, better than some that have had a fairly high funding.

Isn't the latter something that SingularTV does as well?
kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:36:09 PM

No No that ico here is not a VR protect, its more how then Netflix and HBO Wink

Nope, not a VR project but now I want to ask this, in my opinion in the future we'll see VR movies, are you going to support them?

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
MandatoryOption

Activity: 546
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:47:34 PM

I thought if they will manage to gain their special audience they may avoid competition. However, they need some unique stuff for that

I think they can do that, I think there some under the radar films that netflix or any video stream platform missed. So this can be win win situation.

A unique crowd for cryptoflix and a platform for special audiences.

My bet would go with high quality production made by themself. Everyone can rent a blockbuster movie but if you produce oyur own stuff. Maybe some real good book/comic/manga adaptions nobody else wants to do....

I think that's not a bad idea. That's a niche that lots of crypto enthusiast would enjoy

Isn't that exactly the thing they plan to do with the option to crowdfund movie projects? I mean, they are not exactly making their own movies but giving producers the possibility to realize projects that won't be recorded otherwise.
hanshammer

Activity: 280
Merit: 22

The Future of Sports is Fan Controlled

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:59:55 PM

I think there are ways to use encrypted payments on the blockchain or they use a mixer or something like that. Could that be possible? I didn't find the exact answer in the Whitepaper.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 274 »
  Print  

Jump to: