Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:16:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 274 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🌟🌟🚀 [ANN] CRYPTOFLIX 🌟🌟🚀 Watch Movies. Fund Films. Get Cryptos. Repeat.  (Read 42456 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
CryptoCutie

Activity: 238
Merit: 131

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:27:33 PM

never heard from a ERC23 token, but when it will works with myetherwallet is that also ok for me.
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bolovich

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:31:40 PM

Anyways, to adoid any stiff competition, they decided wisely to start from the countries where similar services not so popular. Moreover, I can see other differences between Net- and CryptoFlix
This decision is undoubtedly a good move, but it is not necessary to delay much with access to the international arena. Otherwise, the interest in this project may overheat!

i think it is a good strategy to try before conquering a part of the market where there is little competition and there are no similar services and then expand in other areas...

with that strategy you can make final touches to your app/website with customer feedbacks and enter the highly competitive market when you are more than ready before.

imo this is the right way
It's not a bad strategy looking at it in that way, that way they can launch a better product in more competitive markets.

▬▬▬▬ ViValid   █   ITEMS' VALUE AND OWNERSHIP IN THE BLOCKCHAIN
every item has a story   █   PRE SALE 14th May 2018                                                
   █   Whitepaper   Twitter   Telegram       
Jay2408

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:35:37 PM

never heard from a ERC23 token, but when it will works with myetherwallet is that also ok for me.

I also can't name an ERC-223 token but seems to be an improvement compared to ERC20. Do all exchanges support ERC-223 tokens?

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
haxllega

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:53:16 PM

You are right. I am interested why not every project uses this new token standard if it has improvements.

Genesis07

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:06:23 PM

Today I've learnt more about the value proposition of Cryptoflix. The things I learnt was that iTunes/Netflix can take a long time to pay content creators (and Cryptoflix will be able to pay instantly), and also that there will be a lower minimum quality of movies/video on the platform

Cryptoflix will need to feature as many improvements as possible in order to compete with the establishment. My favorite is the payments for investments.

the road is still long and difficult, there are going to be a lot of legal stuff involved in doing something like that, however is something new and interesting if they manage to do it

what is soft cap requirement for this project? All those partnerships should be consider in softcap.

The caps are minimum 3k ETH and maximum 25k ETH. The tokens will be compliant to the latest ERC223 standard, so it will be smart contract-based. The token sale date is provisionally April 15th.
What is this ERC-223 standard? I heard only about the standard of erc-20 (eth)

ERC-223 has some critical issues, it's no longer used imo.

The main and the most important is lack of event handling mechanism of ERC20 standard.

Lol I don't know where you get you informations but it's the other way around, it's well exapalined on github https://github.com/ethereum/EIPs/issues/223

This paragraph:

Another disadvantages of ERC20 that ERC223 will solve:

Lack of transfer handling possibility.
Loss of tokens.
Token-transactions should match Ethereum ideology of uniformity. When a user wants to transfer tokens, he should always call transfer. It doesn't matter if the user is depositing to a contract or sending to an externally owned account.

Seems you are correct:

3 Primary improvements with ERC223:

(1) Eliminates the problem of lost tokens which happens during the transfer of ERC20 tokens to a contract (when people mistakenly use the instructions for sending tokens to a wallet). ERC223 allows users to send their tokens to either wallet or contract with the same function transfer, thereby eliminating the potential for confusion and lost tokens.

(2) Allows developers to handle incoming token transactions, and reject non-supported tokens (not possible with ERC20)

(3) Energy savings. The transfer of ERC223 tokens to a contract is a one step process rather than 2 step process (for ERC20), and this means 2 times less gas and no extra blockchain bloating.

Switching from ERC20 to ERC223

"ERC23 tokens are backwards compatible with ERC20 tokens. It means that ERC23 supports every ERC20 functions and contracts or services working with ERC20 tokens will work with ERC23 tokens correctly."

Sources: https://github.com/Dexaran/ERC23-tokens/tree/Recommended#erc23-token-standard (ERC23 and 223 are the same thing). To read the full discussion about ERC20 and ERC223, follow this link: https://github.com/ethereum/EIPs/issues/223

so erc20 token project dont have to make a token swap then? did i understood it correctly?
therealvau3

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:13:07 PM

You are right. I am interested why not every project uses this new token standard if it has improvements.
I was also surprised about the new ERC23 token. But have found that they are  backwards compatible with ERC20 tokens.
tudor_simion

Activity: 349
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:27:01 PM

Anyways, to adoid any stiff competition, they decided wisely to start from the countries where similar services not so popular. Moreover, I can see other differences between Net- and CryptoFlix
This decision is undoubtedly a good move, but it is not necessary to delay much with access to the international arena. Otherwise, the interest in this project may overheat!

i think it is a good strategy to try before conquering a part of the market where there is little competition and there are no similar services and then expand in other areas...

with that strategy you can make final touches to your app/website with customer feedbacks and enter the highly competitive market when you are more than ready before.

It's not a bad strategy looking at it in that way, that way they can launch a better product in more competitive markets.

If Cryproflix offers you everything that Net-offers and more, it will definitely have a guaranteed success.
It is a very good idea, occupying the market with a lower competition because it will not have too many obstacles.
I also like the idea of helping filmmakers, some not having enough funds to implement their projects, some being very good.
I've seen enough low-budget movies, better than some that have had a fairly high funding.

Herad Hedid

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

Altair VR. Next-gen Blockchain VR Wikipedia

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:29:13 PM

I really like the possibility to have a streaming platform where I can pay in crypto, and a lot of features in cryptoflix are interesting. The best is the possibility to fund film I think.

I wonder how they will get out the volatility of the currency regarding the payment

I don‘t think they have to. As you are not paying monthly you just pay at the current rate of the currency when you have to pay for watching something.

But I believe there will also be monthly or other periodic subscriptions, so if payments are done in crypto, volatility will be present.

I am not sure but some days ago they stated that they don‘t want to make a monthly subscription model but a model like iTunes where you pay for what you watch.
I think that's better especially for people who don't have the time to watch a lot. I think they will be most successful with the free part on their platform.

cmg12

Activity: 280
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:33:44 PM

If Cryproflix offers you everything that Net-offers and more, it will definitely have a guaranteed success.
It is a very good idea, occupying the market with a lower competition because it will not have too many obstacles.
I also like the idea of helping filmmakers, some not having enough funds to implement their projects, some being very good.
I've seen enough low-budget movies, better than some that have had a fairly high funding.
I wouldn't say "guaranteed success" - there are many awesome companies which are struggling but I'm sure that cryptoflix has so much potential that it will succeed
CHRISBIN702

Activity: 1120
Merit: 279

My blockchain can beat up your blockchain

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 09:50:40 PM

I wouldn't say "guaranteed success" - there are many awesome companies which are struggling but I'm sure that cryptoflix has so much potential that it will succeed

I actually have high hopes for this project. My only real problem with it is, I don't know exactly how much i want to invest.

Not for sale.........
Why, how much you got?
Genesis07

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:57:37 PM

I actually have high hopes for this project. My only real problem with it is, I don't know exactly how much i want to invest.

first of all, get your own project running Smiley then you can buy this completely out Smiley i think Smiley hehe
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 10:10:11 PM

I am interested in the free content promised by Cryptoflix. What kind of free content can Cryptoflix provide that Youtube or e-learning platforms such as Khan Academy and edX do not?
belechau

Activity: 686

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 10:43:59 PM

Really impossible to talk about guaranteed success, but with each analysis of different opinions, comparing everything I have observed, I am convinced of how great Cryptoflix and its Platform can be, with great possibility of continuous growth and domination of the segment soon
cmg12

Activity: 280
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 11:43:38 PM

Really impossible to talk about guaranteed success, but with each analysis of different opinions, comparing everything I have observed, I am convinced of how great Cryptoflix and its Platform can be, with great possibility of continuous growth and domination of the segment soon
This is why I said that we can't say that this project will guarantee successful investment
crazyfrog01

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:01:22 AM

Sorry maybe this question was already there and I have missed the answer or so but I have to ask then again.

Will there be something like a region lock? I think for example that you can‘t access everything in Netflix but just the content for your region you have subscribed. Same goes for example for Amazon Prime.
Will there be something similar or can you always access every content from whereever you are? Like I am in Japan but could also easily access movies from Germany for example?

Sandblock  ❱❱  Decentralized consortium of brands and customers
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬          WhitepaperTelegramAnn Thread          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❰ TOKEN SALE ❱ MAY 16
BeggarInCryptos

Activity: 401
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:04:24 AM

This is one of those projects which will either boom or fail. I'd be interested to understand if there are any points of contact with other crypto projects in the same area of activity, like LiveTree or Flixxo, or others I am not aware of.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
alphashotgun

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:06:18 AM

This is one of those projects which will either boom or fail. I'd be interested to understand if there are any points of contact with other crypto projects in the same area of activity, like LiveTree or Flixxo, or others I am not aware of.

i am curious too. well th be honest I don't see the point of the nested of the decentralization here but I like the idea of the project anyway
the_lovely

Activity: 42
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:59:05 AM

i am curious too. well th be honest I don't see the point of the nested of the decentralization here but I like the idea of the project anyway

what do you mean?
alphashotgun

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:01:03 AM

what do you mean?

im sorry that was autocorrection necessary instead of nested
the_lovely

Activity: 42
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:02:31 AM

what do you mean?

im sorry that was autocorrection necessary instead of nested

ok that makes sense then
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 274 »
  Print  

Jump to: