Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:49:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are you selling your altcoins so soon?  (Read 11361 times)
chaa123

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 11:25:40 AM

Well, investors have different reasons why they sell so soon. But for those reasons, the main point is that they are earning effectively, regardless of the method....
guschinaa

Activity: 22

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 11:28:34 AM

I here and see that a lot of people are selling their altcoins for this reason or for that reason. In some cases I here that people are even spending their altcoins to buy Bitcoin. Now that one really has me confused. To me it's way to early to be selling your altcoins. It's like selling an original painting before it even gains in value or while it is still gaining in value. What smart investor does that unless they are selling out of fear or because they are desperate. For me I am holding all of my coins for now because it is way to early to even think about selling your altcoins; what say you?

So tell me, why are you selling your altscoins so soon?

People are selling in loss because:

1) They fear that the value may drop further and thus they will have to bear more loss.

2) New investors invest money hoping that there will be no loss. When they see prices dropping they start panicking.
miltonpogi

Activity: 245
Merit: 11

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 11:43:08 AM

Well, basically the reason why holders sell their altcoin soon because  they know that bitcoin is in crisis right now or it got drop so hard, if they sell their altcoins now, they may probably got loss  theur investment thats why they are holding their altcoins untill its price increase.

tansoft64

Activity: 532
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 12:39:36 PM

For me I will sell my holdings so soon first because I need money, second I already have gain big profit on it so that i'm avoiding too much greedy on money or avoiding lose, 3rd is not a worthy token to hold.
Olatunjex

Activity: 1064
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 12:53:41 PM

I dispose tokens without potential, i usually don't dump my altcoins except coins that i know it will become useless if i don't dump them while i still. Nevertheless i keep altcoins with good prospect to increase in future.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
sakokinak

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:40:49 AM

I here and see that a lot of people are selling their altcoins for this reason or for that reason. In some cases I here that people are even spending their altcoins to buy Bitcoin. Now that one really has me confused. To me it's way to early to be selling your altcoins. It's like selling an original painting before it even gains in value or while it is still gaining in value. What smart investor does that unless they are selling out of fear or because they are desperate. For me I am holding all of my coins for now because it is way to early to even think about selling your altcoins; what say you?

I still hold it and hold it if people sell it probably for fear of the loss they will get in the future because we also know the price of the current coin drops dramatically and maybe for that reason people sell it

I support this idea - there is no reason to sell your coins when the market is going down. Everybody is aware of the volatility of cryptocurrency, but still, too many people start to panic. Just hold the coins everytime!
SavageBrother

Activity: 129
Merit: 8

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:42:21 AM

This is what me and a friend where talking about. We tend to sell to soon and focus on a cent or sub dollar activity. Whilst waiting for a year (with the right projects) might give you a multi-dollar profit. But yeah, find those projects lol.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢          Buddy          ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Development Automation Platform
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢ token.buddy.works ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Amel
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1033

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:48:26 AM

I dispose tokens without potential, i usually don't dump my altcoins except coins that i know it will become useless if i don't dump them while i still. Nevertheless i keep altcoins with good prospect to increase in future.
if you want to safe and still profitable, in my opinion is selling tokens that already have prices above the ICO when the market. i
f you want to hold the token, hold the token that you think is have unique from his project
Cemplakaleght

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:08:59 AM

in my experience I get or hunt altcoin from ICO program. exactly the starting price I think can be high, so once the ICO program is done and from the dev party start registering in the exchanger.
and in the listing price can rise doubled, itupunput not up to one day, the price can drop dramatically
Pulafripta

Activity: 132

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:14:14 AM

most of the traders are very down with their portofolio and felt bad they invested the bitcoin in altcoins so in this green period its like a fresh breath for them, they see hope and are trying to recover as much as possible as quick as possible. they are afraid will go down again. or others like me sell them to buy more in a few days or week .
dalesotpi

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:14:23 AM

in my experience I get or hunt altcoin from ICO program. exactly the starting price I think can be high, so once the ICO program is done and from the dev party start registering in the exchanger.
and in the listing price can rise doubled, itupunput not up to one day, the price can drop dramatically

Yep that most is the main reason, due to dramatic decrease in prices as soon as the new coin enters the market due to a number of reasons largely competition. Coin holders then lose trust so early in the game and end up selling in panic where on the contrary they should have been holding their assets.
As many have been saying, the coin is still in transient period. Selling too early in the game is last I would do with my coins.
Fonneda

Activity: 161
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:23:36 AM

If you're expecting only a minor dip it might not be worth your time to go in and set up trades, but when the market is in a steady downturn like it is now it's just silly to hold bags.
MEMEX

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:24:37 AM

Some investors are traders, when they see opportunities in bitcoin, and have no reserve money to buy bitcoins, the only way is to sell the assets they own. Maybe this is called market trends. I think this is a normal silkus in the trade of cryptocurrency
aldrin6697

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:26:11 AM

The market was not reliable as it was before making weak hands sell in dip while prices continues to go down to minimize the damage, average will have no where else to go but sell
happyme1818

Activity: 568
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 10:04:28 AM

I sell altcoin to gain more profit. We all know bitcoin is the mother of all cryptocurrency and the basis of what you earned aside from fiat currency. Diversification is a must if you want to gain more. Buy on the dump and sell on the pump and buy back again once the market maked a correction.
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 10:15:22 AM

Why selling our altcoins for profits? It is because the market cannot grows indefinitely. If you take out the profits after the others, you are going to lose. Don't be too greedy, else you are going to lose some money.
olympys

Activity: 266
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 11:00:36 AM

I can say a few reasons why i have sold my altcoins so soon:
1. I need some money to invest another Crypto or pay bills
2. I have already received sufficient profit and would like to record income
3. I sell, if expectations for growth are not justified
4. I sell at the general falling of the market with the purpose to buy in the future for low price.
katarin2030

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 11:04:24 AM

The market was not reliable as it was before making weak hands sell in dip while prices continues to go down to minimize the damage, average will have no where else to go but sell
I will generally prefer altcoin with less price and buy them in bulk, once the price increases then selling the altcoins gives me more profit that's why selling altcoins so soon can be a good tactic, but this tactic may not be ideal for bitcoin. 
Rexpax

Activity: 141
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 11:12:22 AM

I guess there are different reasons why people sell their altcoins so soon. Sometimes the market is down and people are getting FUD and becoming scared that their altcoin value will only decrease. That is panic sell. Some people decide just to do away with a certain coin and invest in a more promising one to their mind. I think there is no need to sell the coin right after the  ICO. The project should develop and gain its value... Cool

ukboss

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 01:08:52 PM

In this online market there are too many altcoin but most of the coin is not a valuable so if you buy low valuable coin and you must sell as soon as possible because if you work trading as a expert trader you must sell because your prediction is perfect so he must work with day trading. Some people got a free Airdrop token and that reason they must sell it as soon as possible because it is a free coin. Somebody hold coin because those coin is valuable as like ethereum, Bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: