Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:57:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are you selling your altcoins so soon?  (Read 11361 times)
Snixer

Activity: 303
Merit: 43

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 11:11:59 PM

Some people sell their coins because they earn from bounties. Some people make panic sell. Some people are very impatient. There are various type of people here. You can't blame anybody for selling their coin. It's their choice. Personally I try to hold if I'm in loss, I never sell for loss.

Most of the time I agree with you that you should never sell for a loss but sometimes selling might be a good choice if you find a great opportunity with another coin that might make you way more profit than if you had kept the other coin.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Cryptovalute24ore.it   •  Guide Semplici e Complete, Notizie e Quotazioni sulle Criptovalute   •  TELEGRAM   ▲  Acquista Gioielli Artigianali con Criptovalute su FioridiLilla.com  
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
seandiumx20

Activity: 312
Merit: 109

arcs-chain.com

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 11:13:24 PM

because not all of the participants in a project is rich in coins, some of here are just bounty hunters who in needs with financial. We all know that financial problem is the number one problem that is facing of every family. This kind of people don't do research or don't know what really crypto is so maybe they should know it first so they can know if the price value will grow up.

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Whitepaper
jayco25

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 11:21:39 PM

Many sell altcoins and buy bitcoins due to news that the price of bitcoin will rise again so most of the altcoins prices are now somewhat lowered. Another reason a lot of bounty hunters want a sure profit so after getting token from bounty program they sell it.

#Datarius
ctguitardude

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 11:37:30 PM

I think the answers are obvious, people sell altcoins because their value is inherently tied to the rise and fall of bitcoin. I think one way to hedge your risk frankly, is to be willing to part ways with a certain portion of money and be willing to buy coins early on when cheap or with ICO's that have a real product or support. Buying low at high volume is likely to lead to success, depending on how you define short and long term, given the market is so young still. One ICO I came upon recently is a decentralized video platform called Viewly that is actively courting real youtubers with real audiences to come to their platform which will be an ad free video platform all on the blockchain.

YouTube is huge, and clearly it's a time tested market ripe for a little disruption. If you can find ICO's like this or even coins that are still cheap but post ICO, buy a fair amount on low cost and hold, it's how many are seeing real gains. Look at their road maps and plan accordingly. I took a look at what Viewly was planning: https://medium.com/view-ly/viewly-roadmap-released-b1a6efefeb1d and found that they had a solid game plan, and I could adjust when I would keep and sell my coins accordingly, or at least have an idea. I suggest doing that with all of these ICO's and altcoins. Go with coins that are promising a real service or product. See if they are solving a problem. The market is young and will continue to go up overall with all these dips, and if you make gains, take your initial investment out, and play with whats left over.
Pokemon Go

Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 11:42:43 PM

because I fear the altcoin price that I have will go down again.
desi92

Activity: 210
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 11:47:37 PM

Many people are selling their alt coins due to recent market crash. They expect big income when they invested on crypto yet all the prices dropped they only think for short term and not for long term investment, also there are crucial factor that making investors panic is the issue about FUD news and scams, they become afraid thus they sell their coins. But still im holding mine. HODL

If we are afraid about altcoin scam then dont buy it. Just buy the altcoin that we think is legit and hold it even the price crash.
Fud news is related with market manipulation by whales so smart investor will not care about it.
GeorgiaCoin

Activity: 275

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 11:50:17 PM

In some cases, those who buys during pump( at it's peak value)  sees they've lost 30 to 40% from the purchase price. Get impatience within couple of weeks, find another coin they think is raising and can recover the money lost by investing in it. So, they sell and move on to next one. Not everyone will succeed, many end up holding bags there too.  
Mr Batman

Activity: 378

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 11:52:16 PM

I never sell my altcoin so soon, because I always hold my altcoin.

vickycoin05

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 11:57:57 PM

We all have our own reasons why we sell our coins. It maybe because of FUD, need for money, or we discover something that we want to get rid of it right away. In any case, just know when to sell and when to hold.

You're right, different reasons which we need to sell it especially on emergency purposes that we really need money. Altcoins are very good investment but it will depend the platforms of their ICO if we really need it to hold and if we are contented on its value we sell it as we have a great amount of profit.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 12:16:08 AM

We all have our own reasons why we sell our coins. It maybe because of FUD, need for money, or we discover something that we want to get rid of it right away. In any case, just know when to sell and when to hold.
Agree, I think every trader has his own strategy why they sell their altcoin. I myself always sell my altcoin when pump prices. of course it's the right time to sell. I don't really like holding altcoins for too long because I think it's more risky. sometimes I also cut lose when the altcoin has no more chance to ride. yeah it depends on the conditions and strategy
bakulgarem

Activity: 361

BIB Exchange

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 12:32:49 AM

for my own I sell my Altcoin quickly because it has got more profit at this time.

███     WHITEPAPER  |    TELEGRAM    ███ █     BiB Exchange     █ ███     TWITTER     |   INSTAGRAM     ███
S e t   O f f   t h e   W e b 3   G e n e r a t i o n   N o w
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄   ►► Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE   ▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
iBlitz22

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:11:25 AM

Some people sell their coins so soon because they want to have money to pay bills or something like that, some sell them because they want to invest to other altcoins or bitcoins and lastly, some people sell them because they are just going with the flow and they don't have much idea on how they should handle it in the first place.
paulsen

Activity: 232
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:44:33 AM

I am not one of them, I will wait to get the good price. Selling them to early make me can't get a lot of profit. I want to say for peoples who sell them right away, try to keep a small amount of them, track the price, when it goes up multiple times, you will know how it feels.

good idea, by waiting to get good price result, i think with a little save and track the price we can do to enjoy it. must try..
serkhio

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:15:35 AM

As there are some great investment chance now but lack of funds. That's the only reason I sell the airdrop free tokens so immediately.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
VenturaBro

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:18:55 AM

I think many people were afraid of the Chinese New Year, which ended up being somewhat uneventful.

But I think more or less the coins have started to stabilize around now. Maybe even more in March.
kololo

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:24:46 AM

In my experience, sell the altcoins just after ico can let you get some little money but will not let you get the BIG money.

As ethereum has a deep price after the ico. So, I want to say HODL!
Snakerist

Merit: 15

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:27:15 AM

I don't know too why they are selling. There is so much FUD these days that causes fear, maybe it's the reason.

djscreem01

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:28:26 AM

The crypto currency has taught me that I need to be patient.
it is necessary to follow the graphics well and interpret well.
then it must be destroyed when the moment of break is caught.  Roll Eyes
changcloy

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:36:18 AM
Last edit: February 26, 2018, 12:28:33 PM by changcloy

I here and see that a lot of people are selling their altcoins for this reason or for that reason. In some cases I here that people are even spending their altcoins to buy Bitcoin. Now that one really has me confused. To me it's way to early to be selling your altcoins. It's like selling an original painting before it even gains in value or while it is still gaining in value. What smart investor does that unless they are selling out of fear or because they are desperate. For me I am holding all of my coins for now because it is way to early to even think about selling your altcoins; what say you?

So tell me, why are you selling your altscoins so soon?
Before when i was so new here I am selling my altcoins so soon because I want to proved it to my family and friends that Bitcoin and altcoins are really true,second i bought some stuff for my kids,lastly i treat myself using my coins but now i starting to save my coins again because i want it to grow more and I am planning to try myself in trading using the coins I earned from bounties and sig campaigns.
Elseye

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

ApolloX

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:41:02 AM

I can't relate myself to those who sell early. However sometimes it's an only real option. It's not rare when dev's abandon their projects and if you decided to hold - you get literally nothing...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: