Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:36:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are you selling your altcoins so soon?  (Read 11361 times)
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 12:06:14 PM

I don't know too why they are selling. There is so much FUD these days that causes fear, maybe it's the reason.
Fear of losing opportunity, since they already see that the coins that they have already gain some value, not realizing that the opportunity is much higher if they hold till the project start to move forward, its hard for many of us to assess what can be the direction of certain coins that we hold, the tokens after hitting exchange got some value, when early investors see that they automatically sell without reading or researching the possible peak that the coin will
achieved after some.
BrBoy

Activity: 453
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:59:38 PM

I usually invest in the TOP 10 on a coinmarketcap, because I can not rely on new coins. But with the new coins, there is often a big change in the rate due to such unsure traders
farland7

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:51:43 AM

I follow the news in telegram and on YouTube and sometimes I get on FUD and sell coins. It is still difficult for me to distinguish fake news from real information
Jraf95

Activity: 170
Merit: 46

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 12:05:01 PM

The  crypto world is full on noobs right now, What do you expect?!
And of course the main reason was that last crash, everyone thought that bitcoin and cypto are dying, most of them sold their alts and bought bitcoin
I think Not at all maybe others would sell so early for the sake of being safe and not to have crashed  and others would sell for it is there way to trade. Eventhough there are some flaws that alt would risk but its still the best to hold it for long time so that it can have bigger profit in time.
Antivoid

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 12:08:34 PM

its a stragety that you buy and sell quickly if you make the right decision, but i see people who earn most is those holding altcoin for a long term
richaerich

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 12:08:42 PM

poeple are selling their altcoins so soon because they panic when the price is bleeding, that's why a lot of people sold their coins when it happens.
we have to hodl our altcoins as long as possible if we really think that those coin have a great and bright future
KuromaYoichi

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 12:13:27 PM

I sell my altcoin soon because i believe i get enough profit for now and will buyback once the price retrace or i lose confidence about the project and decide to move onto another project. It's different strategy for every person, some affected by fud and panic sell their coin but i have been here long enough so i am not afraid of that kind of thing.

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
geverciss

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 12:16:23 PM

I am not one of them, I will wait to get the good price. Selling them to early make me can't get a lot of profit. I want to say for peoples who sell them right away, try to keep a small amount of them, track the price, when it goes up multiple times, you will know how it feels.

good idea, by waiting to get good price result, i think with a little save and track the price we can do to enjoy it. must try..

The cryptomarket is so young no one can really tell what's the fair price is. I personally stick to HODL until I can sell my altcoins and get the price I consider reasonable.
PadenoM

Activity: 308
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 01:22:35 PM

People are selling too soon often in panic mode, I sold too soon because i tought it was a bubble, it was but just the start so now i'm regretting, i could have multiply *2 my wallet
lovemsngr

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 02:48:18 PM

When I read the news and I understand that this is a lie, but many people when they find out they suddenly start selling coins. In this case, I'm not always sure that the coin will be able to recover after such a dump and also I'll sell it off, too
Andika23

Activity: 269
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 02:53:09 PM

because altcoin is not so well known than bitcoin, so I would rather sell it faster if altcoin could be like bitcoin maybe I would not sell that fast and many people prefer bitcoin because pontesi is very good for the future.
Valuyet

Activity: 168
Merit: 29

Digital Wealth Management Platform

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 02:56:37 PM

Most of us as being member of this forum are the main goal is to earn bounty stake tokens and convert them into money and people would try to cash their money and enjoy their life while joining more bounty campaigns at the same time.
Some of my friends are selling their bounty stake tokens too soon because they need money to cover their personal and family's basic needs.
But I choose to hold them because I really do want them to grow as indeed they're pumping since I got them though signature and other campaigns bounty rewards.

kramat

Activity: 910

https://i.ibb.co/2NX43h7/Avatar-1.jpg

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:07:27 PM

there are many reasons for this because most altcoins are unstable and if they sell when the price is high then it is the right thing and when we hold and the price goes down then the regret we get. So the truth is to sell it if you already benefit from the tokens you have because altcoin's price will not continue to be at a high rate.

Fasdartin

Activity: 618
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:11:57 PM

because altcoin is not so well known than bitcoin, so I would rather sell it faster if altcoin could be like bitcoin maybe I would not sell that fast and many people prefer bitcoin because pontesi is very good for the future.
Because im easily attract to its higher value so i sell it but not all, just half of it. And sometimes i sell it because im planning to buy other altcoin that much potential than to other my altcoin before. Also i see the potential of some altcoin so i sell my coin then buy it to have more profit to get.
JDS1000

Activity: 414
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:51:37 PM

A difficult question and so many expert opinions.Once again, convinced that are talking to really interested people
Corosian

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:57:23 PM

Dunno, the price of altcoin can be volatile as hell...many times I decided to hodl, many times I cried into my pillow at night a few days after
meldrio1

Activity: 1358

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:36:06 PM

I think they are panic sellers once they see their altcoins are red in the market they gonna sell right away, seems like many newbies are investors. For me I want to sell my altcoins if I need money or I sell it once they hit my target price, I just keep holding my altcoin right now.

chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 04:47:19 PM

I here and see that a lot of people are selling their altcoins for this reason or for that reason. In some cases I here that people are even spending their altcoins to buy Bitcoin. Now that one really has me confused. To me it's way to early to be selling your altcoins. It's like selling an original painting before it even gains in value or while it is still gaining in value. What smart investor does that unless they are selling out of fear or because they are desperate. For me I am holding all of my coins for now because it is way to early to even think about selling your altcoins; what say you?

So tell me, why are you selling your altscoins so soon?

It's called active trading.

Let me give you a real situation I was in.
I had a significant amount of my portfolio invested in Monaco and it just wasn't going anywhere.
There was an upcoming ICO that I wanted to invest in (Appcoins) so I had a choice: Hold my altcoin for potential huge gains later (or losses) or just sell all my monaco at a loss and put it into the ICO.
I chose to to sell it at a loss and put it into the ICO.

Well, I was able to turn 3 ETH into 12 ETH in two months.

During that time, Monaco had slightly gone up, then down, then slightly up...at it's peak during that two month period, if I would have sold I would have turned 3 eth into about 3.4 eth.

so tell me, was it fear that made me sell?
Or informed investment decisions?

Grim149x

Activity: 854

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 04:51:24 PM

It's because a lot are in it just for the quick cash and doesn't really believe in the project they signed up for.

zikabra

Activity: 574
Merit: 139

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:51:43 PM

I don't think that is reason, people are selling altcoins for several reasons, either they have goal and they have reached that goal or if altcoin is going down then they sell because they don't want to lose too much money if it crash deeper, or they are just panic sellers which are buying high and selling low  Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: