Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 05:52:32 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 350 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH  (Read 628654 times)
timebinder

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 10:01:22 PM

I made a ripple deposit which has not shown up. Support ticket #14583

I just checked and the Ripple turned up about 9.15 this morning.

Is Kraken going the way of Bitcoin-24? Money not turning up, total lack of support, I'm just waiting for the site to go down next...

I made a SEPA withdrawal 3 weeks ago, my second so the details are correct, and despite it saying 'success' I have yet to receive my money. No response from support despite numerous polite attempts. Others are having the same problem and are expressing it on the Kraken FB page. Somebody from Kraken removed all the negative posts but didn't respond to them. This is a very poor show.

What on earth is going on? My public id is: AA75 N84G LXNE GDJY

I'm awaiting deposit of wired USD sent 14 days ago for a sizeable sum. The FAQ says it takes 5 to 10 days. Which itself is excessive. But it's now 4 days beyond the published maximum...

Such delays are bad enough, but not even an apology or explanation.

Dargo, you seem to be the best customer relations agent. I have submitted a support ticket, numbered 14518. My public account ID is AA46 N84G LJWJ A4PQ. Thanks for any insight.

timebinder

Someone just replied to the ticket you created two days ago. I'm sorry about the delay with the deposit, but the name on the deposit didn't match the name on your Kraken account, and that will certainly cause a delay beyond normal wait times. But we'll get it sorted out.

Dargo, any idea how long such things are supposed to take given the obvious critical shortage of Kraken staff?

I had a reply yesterday asking for a screenshot and I sent it within the hour. That's now 24 hours ago. Another entire day. These constraints have existed apparently for over a month so new staff should have been trained and made fully operational well before now.

I've used half a dozen stock brokers, online trading platforms and various other financial companies, which all have live chat and/or customer service phone support or at worst email support with replies within a couple hours. Just really frustrated and disappointed with the current Kraken situation, and I know there are many others as per the Facebook page comments.

Is there an official Kraken announcement about getting things up to speed?

And can you please nudge the support team to clear my deposit?

thanks
timebinder

timebinder

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 11:27:57 PM

The CEO of Payward/kracken has also posted on Reddit a demand that Mt. Gox pay his price or they will "suffer."

That's simply false. Our CEO has only said in the Reddit thread that he would be happy to sell the domains to Mt. Gox at original cost - all they have to do is ask. It wasn't a "demand" for money with the consequence that Gox will somehow suffer.

The posting speaks for itself.  The demand stated Mt. Gox had to pay at a Bitcoin rate back in 2011 so the demand is for several thousand dollars.  This kind of thing could put the MSB licenses in jeopardy so it seems irresponsible to do such a thing given that Payward already has a portfolio of Bitcoin-related domain names.  This "all they have to is ask" is childish and immature and is not an excuse.  There is also the issue that the domains are configured to capture e-mail as well.

Sure, the offer is for cost given the rate in 2011. Our CEO thinks that's a fair offer and I agree with him. But I'm sure he'd be willing to negotiate if Gox feels it isn't fair. My point is just that it's an offer, not a "demand" accompanied by the threat of "suffering" for Gox if it isn't met - nothing like that is said in the thread.

Your point about the domains being configured for email seems a good one to me. Since we're not doing anything with the email, it shouldn't look like we might be. But it's really our CEO's decision how to respond to the points that have been made here and in the Reddit thread. I don't want to get into the debate too much, especially since it was pretty well hashed out on Reddit. It seems to be a polarizing issue, with some people thinking it's pretty bad and others thinking it's no big deal and still others saying it's a smart move on our part. As I've said in this thread before, we appreciate everyone communicating their opinions to us, and that certainly includes members robanswe and HELP.org. I just don't want our words to be misrepresented, and I think it's a misrepresentation to say that we're making a demand for money with the threat of suffering if the demand isn't met.  

I have been involved with domains quite extensively over a number of years.  These kind of stunts are seen as childish and idiotic and when a dispute is made finding of "bad faith" is pretty much a sure thing.  The CEO calls himself a crypto-currency "magnate" and he already has a substantial portfolio of Bitcoin-related domains.  Why he feels the need to do this shows a lack of judgment and just overall immaturity.  I had opened a Kraken account and I was waiting until it became available but I would not send funds to a company that does this type of thing and then argues with people when they point out how ridiculous it is. 

I've also been involved with domains for many years and surprised you're taking such offence to a common marketing practice. And there's also no reason not to argue against false accusations such as you seem to have made about suffering if the demand isn't met.

timebinder
timebinder

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 12:16:46 AM

[/quote]

I have been involved with domains quite extensively over a number of years.  These kind of stunts are seen as childish and idiotic and when a dispute is made finding of "bad faith" is pretty much a sure thing.  The CEO calls himself a crypto-currency "magnate" and he already has a substantial portfolio of Bitcoin-related domains.  Why he feels the need to do this shows a lack of judgment and just overall immaturity.  I had opened a Kraken account and I was waiting until it became available but I would not send funds to a company that does this type of thing and then argues with people when they point out how ridiculous it is. 

[/quote]

I've also been involved with domains for many years and surprised you're taking such offence to a common marketing practice. And there's also no reason not to argue against false accusations such as you seem to have made about suffering if the demand isn't met.

timebinder
[/quote]

The quotes are

"I haven't gone after other exchanges' typos but I'd argue that doing so would be a legitimate business tactic ... "

"He should have bought them to protect his users from the Scammer, but he didn't and now he suffers the Competitor, which I say is getting off easy.  That's business."

I do not consider it a "legitimate business tactic" and most cases like this are sure losers if a dispute is lost.  A law was passed in the US that provides for $100K in damages for each domain when you do something like this.  It is immature to go around claiming you are a smart businessman by doing this and saying your competitor should now "suffer."   The Kraken CEO fails to understand that he is scammer for doing this.
[/quote]

Whatever dude, you can take personal offence to the way someone expresses their passion for business competition. It's quite common in startup and affiliate marketing to nab typo domains. Very common practice. And while immature for seasoned company's, BitCoin and Payward are new entities and competition is racing ahead. In business, anything goes except for fraud. That you find the CEO's approach immature changes nothing about the legitimacy of Kraken or the CEO.

What does though, is the currently poor service and communication that we're getting due to customer support delays.

Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 01:30:47 AM

As I said, typosquatting seems to be a very polarizing issue. I have trouble seeing anything particularly wrong with it, but I respect the opinion of those who do.

I agree with timebinder that customer support is a much more serious issue for us right now. I wish I could give an estimate for when customer support will be back on its feet and responsive again, but it's really hard to say. We're making progress but it's been slower than I expected. We've hired more support agents and that has helped, but we've still got a backlog of tickets, so we may need more agents. But we are slowly reducing the backlog. Also, we have bottleneck issues where certain kinds of problems need input from one person to get solved and this is a different problem that still needs to be resolved. Things have also been slower last week and this week with the holidays, and this especially includes issues that require input from our banks. My impression has been that our banks have been operating on very reduced staff last week and this week. We've had reduced staff as well though.  

The situation with customer support is completely unacceptable and we sincerely apologize to everyone for it. All I can say is that we're working to improve it and it is slowly improving.
timebinder

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 01:32:09 AM

I made a ripple deposit which has not shown up. Support ticket #14583

I just checked and the Ripple turned up about 9.15 this morning.

Is Kraken going the way of Bitcoin-24? Money not turning up, total lack of support, I'm just waiting for the site to go down next...

I made a SEPA withdrawal 3 weeks ago, my second so the details are correct, and despite it saying 'success' I have yet to receive my money. No response from support despite numerous polite attempts. Others are having the same problem and are expressing it on the Kraken FB page. Somebody from Kraken removed all the negative posts but didn't respond to them. This is a very poor show.

What on earth is going on? My public id is: AA75 N84G LXNE GDJY

I'm awaiting deposit of wired USD sent 14 days ago for a sizeable sum. The FAQ says it takes 5 to 10 days. Which itself is excessive. But it's now 4 days beyond the published maximum...

Such delays are bad enough, but not even an apology or explanation.

Dargo, you seem to be the best customer relations agent. I have submitted a support ticket, numbered 14518. My public account ID is AA46 N84G LJWJ A4PQ. Thanks for any insight.

timebinder

Someone just replied to the ticket you created two days ago. I'm sorry about the delay with the deposit, but the name on the deposit didn't match the name on your Kraken account, and that will certainly cause a delay beyond normal wait times. But we'll get it sorted out.

Dargo, any idea how long such things are supposed to take given the obvious critical shortage of Kraken staff?

I had a reply yesterday asking for a screenshot and I sent it within the hour. That's now 24 hours ago. Another entire day. These constraints have existed apparently for over a month so new staff should have been trained and made fully operational well before now.

I've used half a dozen stock brokers, online trading platforms and various other financial companies, which all have live chat and/or customer service phone support or at worst email support with replies within a couple hours. Just really frustrated and disappointed with the current Kraken situation, and I know there are many others as per the Facebook page comments.

Is there an official Kraken announcement about getting things up to speed?

And can you please nudge the support team to clear my deposit?

thanks
timebinder

The deposit has just been made to my account.

timebinder

GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 01:40:58 AM

I'd like to see higher standard rate limits as well. It's an issue I've raised before with the devs, but not in quite a while, so I'll raise it again. We're planning a websocket for streaming data as well, but I think it's realistically going to be at least a few months for that. In the meantime, though, feel free to inquire about the higher rates for market makers as I suggested above.  
My ticket regarding such case (#13389) is already waiting 2 weeks.

Regarding the alt currencies with low volumes, I believe there is no point to adding new ones as there are no other strong enough coin (verified by market cap and time) than btc, ltc, nmc. But I see no point of keeping XRP and XVN, they requires additional support and are in fact dead or will be dead in near future because of their concept. At least they should be hidden from regular interface and available as option switch in settings. Also Korean fiat currency is redundant for most of the world - more fiat currency is very very good but they should be visible as option by switch in settings. If you want to have good feedback prepare survey for all registered users.

you're not alone, i'm waiting for a deposit since 10 days, 1 response from support (after 4 days) then when i replied nothing so far and still no deposit.

I've always spoken greatly of kraken but this detonation in service levels is a big concern.

kakobrekla

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Psi laju, karavani prolaze.

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 08:40:42 AM

It's quite common in startup and affiliate marketing to nab typo domains. Very common practice.

It's quite common in ghetto and shady parts of town to get robbed. Very common practice.

d33s3r

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 03:57:53 PM
Last edit: January 03, 2014, 04:18:54 PM by d33s3r

Hello,

Sorry to disturb you, i just tried to make some small amounts of trade 2NMC/XRP & 1LTC/XRP and it says "Cancelled".. so i think it's not available yet.. Huh with "Reason - Market price protection"

The question is: when ? ...

Found this on Ripple: https://ripple.com/blog/kraken-now-trading-xrp/

Huh Edit: Strange for you people up there, for my SEPA wire it took's something like 36/48 hours.
Rannasha

Activity: 728

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 04:28:06 PM

Hello,

Sorry to disturb you, i just tried to make some small amounts of trade 2NMC/XRP & 1LTC/XRP and it says "Cancelled".. so i think it's not available yet.. Huh with "Reason - Market price protection"

The question is: when ? ...

Found this on Ripple: https://ripple.com/blog/kraken-now-trading-xrp/

Huh Edit: Strange for you people up there, for my SEPA wire it took's something like 36/48 hours.

Market price protection means that executing your market order would've altered the price too much, which is very easy to do in thin order books. Use a limit order instead, these will get executed regardless of the effect on the price.
d33s3r

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 04:40:05 PM

Thank you for your reply !

Like you can see i'm little newb in this...

so it's too much for Ripple market to support 2 NMC and 1 LTC "flow in" or i just don't understand you ?
Rannasha

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 05:15:13 PM

so it's too much for Ripple market to support 2 NMC and 1 LTC "flow in" or i just don't understand you ?

Yes.

The Ripple-markets are extremely thin. If you look at the order book, the volumes are almost non-existent. If you sell 0.457 NMC, you fill the top bid at 200 XRP and the next price would be 116 XRP. A similar story on the ask-side.
d33s3r

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 05:28:29 PM
Last edit: January 03, 2014, 06:29:04 PM by d33s3r

Yes.

The Ripple-markets are extremely thin. If you look at the order book, the volumes are almost non-existent. If you sell 0.457 NMC, you fill the top bid at 200 XRP and the next price would be 116 XRP. A similar story on the ask-side.

Ok ok.. are you from Kraken-team Ranasha? Cuz even with 0.5 and 0.05 / 0.02 / 0.01 NMC it's the same story ... Market price protection.

with 0.005 NMC  "Amount too low"

-___-
Rannasha

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 06:07:12 PM

Yes.

Ok ok.. are you from Kraken-team Ranasha?
No.

Cuz even with 0.5 and 0.05 / 0.02 / 0.01 NMC it's the same story ... Market price protection.

with 0.005 NMC  "Amount too low"

-___-

I notice that the last traded price was 300 XRP, which is a lot higher than the best bid. Perhaps it's triggering market price protection because of that.

Use a limit order, it'll execute that just fine.
MusX

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 11:58:51 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2014, 10:58:45 AM by MusX

All Litecoin deposits are safe. An internal technical issue is preventing some accounts from being properly credited with LTC. All pending transactions will be credited shortly.
How fast is it going to be fixed? the quote is 2h ago.
Ticket was created, ltc are not credited, no reply in the ticket so far (#14803).
There are some cases when time is not so critical, this is not such case. Please adjust the priorities of resolving the tickets. If you are aware of the issue/bug (as you mention on facebook profile), fix it ASAP and then go back to regular support tasks. So far you have the best support and best exchange, keep it going. don't screw it Smiley

edit: confirm - resolved for me.

btcx (OP)
VIP

Activity: 302
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2014, 09:12:50 AM

Litecoin deposit issues should now be resolved. Please let us know if you're still experiencing any difficulty. Thanks for your patience and sorry for the trouble!

Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Namecoin, Dogecoin, Ripple, Stellar, US dollar, euro, British pound, Canadian dollar and Japanese yen exchange:  https://www.kraken.com
CybeRoky

Activity: 66

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 01:15:57 PM

Yes my LTC show up today.. Also I made SEPA transfer on Thursday and it show up in my bank account yesterday so good words for Kraken! Smiley
tbosman

Activity: 34

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 04:31:40 PM

(continuing this from the beta-thread that was necro'ed)

I was trying to develop a liquidity provider algo to this exchange but it's impossible to work with current rate limits.
I'm receiving the error rate limit exceeded even if i post one request every 6 seconds.
That limit is ridiculously low for developing trading bots.
Hope you will find a way to allow at least 1 order or request per second in the future, this is a very serious issue for an exchange that wants to attract liquidity and be competitive.   
Can you please write of these limits in the API page?
It sucks to lose 3 working days to code something big and then realizing it can't work because of this ridiculous low rate limit!

Hi - It's not a big deal, but you've necroed our beta thread. We have a post-launch thread now and that's the best place to post stuff (it's in this same subforum). 

I agree that if you're trying to operate as a liquidity provider or market maker, the standard limits aren't nearly enough. But we do offer higher limits for people who will be acting as liquidity providers. Just create a support ticket about it and PM me with the ticket number.

The standard rate limit should allow for 1 call every 5 seconds, so I'm not sure why you're having trouble with 1 call every 6 seconds.

Any chance of better rate limits for regular users as well? One call every 5 seconds is rather low. Right now, volume is low enough that this likely isn't a big issue, but bots can help to push volume and liquidity (even bots not operated for the purpose of market making) and being able to have more rapidly updating data is quite useful for bots.

Alternatively, and probably even better, a websocket/streaming API that provides continuous updates (like what MtGox is using or the "hidden" Bitstamp websocket) would be nice.

Any plans to upgrade this public part of the API?

I'd like to see higher standard rate limits as well. It's an issue I've raised before with the devs, but not in quite a while, so I'll raise it again. We're planning a websocket for streaming data as well, but I think it's realistically going to be at least a few months for that. In the meantime, though, feel free to inquire about the higher rates for market makers as I suggested above. 
I made a ticket about this 4 weeks ago, pm'ed you the number immediately and followed up after two weeks. Still no response. This is really annoying cause i cant even develop any further  with the current rates.

Just in case my ticket number is #9805
wakawaka

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 05:35:12 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2014, 11:51:44 PM by wakawaka

I believe, the LTC deposits work fine now, but I am still having issues depositing NMC (no coins got credited to my account after 4 hrs. Ticket 14990).
Edit: solved now.
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 07:31:15 PM

(continuing this from the beta-thread that was necro'ed)

I was trying to develop a liquidity provider algo to this exchange but it's impossible to work with current rate limits.
I'm receiving the error rate limit exceeded even if i post one request every 6 seconds.
That limit is ridiculously low for developing trading bots.
Hope you will find a way to allow at least 1 order or request per second in the future, this is a very serious issue for an exchange that wants to attract liquidity and be competitive.   
Can you please write of these limits in the API page?
It sucks to lose 3 working days to code something big and then realizing it can't work because of this ridiculous low rate limit!

Hi - It's not a big deal, but you've necroed our beta thread. We have a post-launch thread now and that's the best place to post stuff (it's in this same subforum). 

I agree that if you're trying to operate as a liquidity provider or market maker, the standard limits aren't nearly enough. But we do offer higher limits for people who will be acting as liquidity providers. Just create a support ticket about it and PM me with the ticket number.

The standard rate limit should allow for 1 call every 5 seconds, so I'm not sure why you're having trouble with 1 call every 6 seconds.

Any chance of better rate limits for regular users as well? One call every 5 seconds is rather low. Right now, volume is low enough that this likely isn't a big issue, but bots can help to push volume and liquidity (even bots not operated for the purpose of market making) and being able to have more rapidly updating data is quite useful for bots.

Alternatively, and probably even better, a websocket/streaming API that provides continuous updates (like what MtGox is using or the "hidden" Bitstamp websocket) would be nice.

Any plans to upgrade this public part of the API?

I made a ticket about this 4 weeks ago, pm'ed you the number immediately and followed up after two weeks. Still no response. This is really annoying cause i cant even develop any further  with the current rates.

Just in case my ticket number is #9805

I don't have any PM from you, so maybe you PMed someone else. But I assigned your ticket to an agent and we'll get in touch as soon as we can.
carajillu

Activity: 577

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 10:59:28 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2014, 11:15:11 PM by carajillu

I have been waiting for more than 24 hours now for a NMC deposit. Namecoin deposit not credited yet. I opened a ticket yesterday night, if you can see the funds, can please credit it yourself?? I cannot have the coins stuck the whole weekend: ticket 14964 . Some hours ago an agent responded the ticket saying that :

Your NMC has been added to your account, but that for some reason it's still marked "Confirming".

As far as I know 24 is much more than enough for confirming a NMC transaction. Can you please reset your daemon or something or credit the coins manually? I'm losing money because of that.

Thanks

EDIT: SOLVED.  Thanks
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 350 »
  Print  

Jump to: