Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:55:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 350 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH  (Read 628600 times)
Serpens66
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1131

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 08:49:01 AM

Dargo you should check the kraken website and improve it.
Everytime when there is a "panic" the website shows this "currentyl not avaible" error message very often.

Mit Cointracking (10% Rabatt) behältst du die Übersicht über all deine Trades und Gewinne. Sogar ein Tool für die Steuer ist dabei Wink                          
Great Freeware Game: Clonk Rage
binance.com hat nun auch SEPA und EUR Paare! Mit dem RefLink bekommst du 5% Rabatt auf die Tradinggebühren!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 09:07:08 AM

Panic time, and kraken working slow again....  Embarrassed
yslyung
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 10:58:59 AM

thx dargo for the prompt reply. received a mail saying it's looked at.

yes any korean bank transfers are instant but next biz day is totally acceptable.

thx again for good customer service.

Made a withdrawal request 2 days ago & it still says pending sitting idle. Drago, can you please look into this ? ACHTUDG-WLYD4O-KHVAMP
Previously made a withdrawal from Euros to local bank account in korea & it is so much faster than now from KRW to local korean bank.

thx.

I alerted the person who handles the Korean bank funding to the issue. It should get resolved quickly. I think Korean bank transfers are usually next business day, so I'm not sure why this one is delayed.
deephouse

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 12:40:10 PM

Hi,

I just placed a Buy order in kraken and the status of my order is displayed as Untouched. Has the buy order been placed? Does Untouched means executed?
I can't seem to find my order under the Order Book (XBT/EUR) (looked at the specific date & amount of BTC).

Serpens66
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 01:01:38 PM

Hi,

I just placed a Buy order in kraken and the status of my order is displayed as Untouched. Has the buy order been placed? Does Untouched means executed?
I can't seem to find my order under the Order Book (XBT/EUR) (looked at the specific date & amount of BTC).

untouched means nobody filled it, but it is placed. so you should find it in the orderbook if it is a limit order. (maybe refresh the orderbook? and check the numbers you entered)

Mit Cointracking (10% Rabatt) behältst du die Übersicht über all deine Trades und Gewinne. Sogar ein Tool für die Steuer ist dabei Wink                          
binance.com hat nun auch SEPA und EUR Paare! Mit dem RefLink bekommst du 5% Rabatt auf die Tradinggebühren!
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 02:42:03 PM

Everytime when there is a "panic" the website shows this "currentyl not avaible" error message very often.

Panic time, and kraken working slow again....  Embarrassed

What do you mean by "panic"? High volume? Rapid change in price? Where are you seeing the "Currently not available" message? On the Market Data page? Somewhere else? If the site is running slow, are there particular pages that are slow? Other notable behavior? Any details you can give would be helpful. Thanks.   
Serpens66
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 02:52:11 PM

Panic time, and kraken working slow again....  Embarrassed

What do you mean by "panic"? High volume? Rapid change in price? Where are you seeing the "Currently not available" message? On the Market Data page? Somewhere else? If the site is running slow, are there particular pages that are slow? Other notable behavior? Any details you can give would be helpful. Thanks.  
Panic means alot of traffic and alot of people want to buy/sell bitcoins at the same time Wink

I only use 3 pages: Market data, Trade and Funding.

When there is alot of traffic it says on the Trade page "..currently not avaible" and I can't place a order. Then I refresh the page by clicking on "Trade" and most of the time everything is good again. But if it is more panic (sorry, don't know how to say this Cheesy) some seconds later it is again the same error, so when it is "extreme" there is every 30 seconds this message and I have to refresh. Today it was only a short time and only every 2-5 minutes.
On the market data it only appears this pop up ... I don't remember what it says exactly.. something like your data is not up to date.
And on the Funding screen, after order a withdrawal it says something like "this feature is not avaible" but the withdrawal went through though.

Sry for bad english... I did my best to explain it Cheesy

Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 05:58:24 PM

Panic time, and kraken working slow again....  Embarrassed

Panic means alot of traffic and alot of people want to buy/sell bitcoins at the same time Wink

I only use 3 pages: Market data, Trade and Funding.

When there is alot of traffic it says on the Trade page "..currently not avaible" and I can't place a order. Then I refresh the page by clicking on "Trade" and most of the time everything is good again. But if it is more panic (sorry, don't know how to say this Cheesy) some seconds later it is again the same error, so when it is "extreme" there is every 30 seconds this message and I have to refresh. Today it was only a short time and only every 2-5 minutes.
On the market data it only appears this pop up ... I don't remember what it says exactly.. something like your data is not up to date.
And on the Funding screen, after order a withdrawal it says something like "this feature is not avaible" but the withdrawal went through though.

Sry for bad english... I did my best to explain it Cheesy

Thanks - your English is fine. It sounds like maybe we're not exactly sure what causes it. Heavy traffic or volume on the site is a good possibility though.
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 01:03:02 AM
Last edit: April 17, 2014, 01:22:31 AM by Dargo

Update on the "Heartbleed" SSL vulnerability:

As I said before, our site isn't vulnerable. We already had the patch in place before news of the bug went public. There are no signs our site was actually compromised by this vulnerability, but it nonetheless is possible that passwords were leaked prior to the patch. So as a precaution, you should change your password, and the same goes for passwords to other sites.

However, even if you've already changed your password, there's still a remote possibility that the new password isn't safe. This is because Cloudflare, which we use, hasn't yet revoked and reissued their SSL certificates. If any of the private keys for the certificates were leaked prior to the time that Cloudflare had the patch in place, this would still leave a vulnerability. Cloudflare thinks it's most likely impossible that any of the private keys were leaked. But as a precaution they're going to revoke and reissue certificates. We'll let you know when they do this, because you probably should change your password again after the new certificates are in place. See the link below for more information from Cloudflare.

http://blog.cloudflare.com/answering-the-critical-question-can-you-get-private-ssl-keys-using-heartbleed

Please note that even if it turns out to be impossible that any of Cloudflare's private keys were leaked, this doesn't mean that private keys for other non-Cloudflare certificates couldn't be leaked. For other sites that you use, you may want to find out where their SSL certificates come from and find out when new certificates will be issued so you can change your password again.

Cloudflare announced a little while ago that they've issued new certificates. It's very unlikely that the keys for the old certificates were compromised, but as a precaution we recommend:

• Changing your password
  • Deleting old two-factor authentications and creating new ones
  • Deleting old API keys and creating new ones
  • Edit: It would also be a good idea to turn on revocation checks in your browser so you are alerted to any site trying to use a revoked certificate.

We'll make a more formal announcement about this (here and elsewhere), but since we've been discussing it here some, I'm giving a quick update.
cyber_hulk

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 09:54:39 AM

Hello,

i would like to share my experience with kraken so far. i do like their website, trading features and security.

however i had serious problems doing withdraws to my bank account which were delayed for 4-6 weeks.

i made a withdraw (international bank wire) to my thailand bank account on March 19th with ID: ACB4AOQ

Until today i havent received my money. i already contacted the support but they said they cant do much and the bank is investigating and it can take another 4 weeks or so.

the point is that i need my money right now, i have done nothing wrong.

on a previous withdraw to the same bank account i had a similar delay where it took 6 weeks until i got my money credited to my bank account ( ID: ACB5Z34 ).

i contacted the support and they told me that the bank is a bit behind for whatever reason and that they catched up with all bank wires and 2 days later after i contacted the support i finally got my money in my account.

so please advise what we can do because i'm a little bit stuck and i certainly dont want and cant wait another 4-6 weeks.

even though i really like kraken as an exchange with all its features and good security those delays in withdrawing money to bank account are not acceptable.

regards

cyber_hulk

Hi cyber_hulk - I'd be happy to take a look at your case, but to do so I'll need your ticket number (please send it by PM).

Hi Dargo,

i have PM'ed you the ticket number. until today nothing showed up in my bank account and no updates from the support.

regards

cyber_hulk
Serpens66
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 08:17:25 AM
Last edit: April 18, 2014, 04:33:01 PM by Serpens66

Topic: "On hold"

Dargo could you please do something about this "on hold" problem? It is this problem when you send the same amount of money more than once to kraken in a "short" time (i think it was like 2-3days?).

You (Kraken) created this problem, but why are you not able to solve the cases of "on hold" in a short time? I heard from a german user, that he waits since one week.  What should he do to speed it up?? You really should find something to speed those things up! (first Screenshots were acceptet, but now I heard they are not accepted anymore)

I think it is not okay that you created this problem, but are not able to solve it quickly. It should be a "standard" problem with a standard and quick solution since I guess every new User make at least once this mistake especially when he uses the Fidorbank.

(edit: I think Yunus told me, that screenshots are not acceptet anymore, but now I hear from that user, that support told him to send a screenshot)
edit2: As "usual" there might be a missunderstanding with the user I mentioned and the support and that's why it took so long.. but anyway I don't think it's just this case and you should have a standard solution which is fast.

mooncake

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 03:48:33 PM

Dargo - Could you provide status update on USD withdrawal please? Thanks.
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 06:42:48 PM

Topic: "On hold"

Dargo could you please do something about this "on hold" problem? It is this problem when you send the same amount of money more than once to kraken in a "short" time (i think it was like 2-3days?).

You (Kraken) created this problem, but why are you not able to solve the cases of "on hold" in a short time? I heard from a german user, that he waits since one week.  What should he do to speed it up?? You really should find something to speed those things up! (first Screenshots were acceptet, but now I heard they are not accepted anymore)

I think it is not okay that you created this problem, but are not able to solve it quickly. It should be a "standard" problem with a standard and quick solution since I guess every new User make at least once this mistake especially when he uses the Fidorbank.

(edit: I think Yunus told me, that screenshots are not acceptet anymore, but now I hear from that user, that support told him to send a screenshot)
edit2: As "usual" there might be a missunderstanding with the user I mentioned and the support and that's why it took so long.. but anyway I don't think it's just this case and you should have a standard solution which is fast.

We didn't create the problem. The root source of the problem is our bank's API, which in the past has issued double and triple deposits, where it looks like a user has made 2-3 deposits in the same amount when in fact they have made only one. The financial risk presented by this bug is very high when you run an exchange where users can convert fiat to crypto and withdraw in a matter of minutes, so we have to be extremely cautious about it. Our bank says they have fixed the issue, but due to the extreme caution needed, we have our own monitoring in place. Given the bank API we have to work with, it's not an easy problem to solve. Ultimately we may need to change the deposit process so that each deposit gets a different reference number. But this means that users would need to log into the site for each deposit to get a new reference number, which some will probably find inconvenient.

I sounds like the user you mention was held up in part due to confusion over screenshots. We do accept screenshots, but they're not needed in all cases. I'll make sure all support staff are clear on this. We're also considering what we can do to speed up the release process until a more permanent solution is in place. We're sorry for the inconvenience of held deposits, but it's not something we do lightly and we're working to implement a better solution. 
Serpens66
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 07:03:36 PM

thank you Dargo, yes the Fidor bank has sometimes some problems =/ and security is very important of course.
We're also considering what we can do to speed up the release process until a more permanent solution is in place.
this is what I meant, thanks Smiley

Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 07:47:39 PM

USD withdrawals are slow, and will continue to be slow until we get a new USD bank parter online (at which point we'll also bring USD deposits back online). The ETA for the new USD bank is anywhere from a few weeks to a few months. I'm sorry I can't be more specific, but the timeline for securing bank partnerships is almost impossible to predict. We hazarded an estimate of April 1st before and that turned out to be way off. We're working on some great partnerships, but there's no assurance of when it'll happen until it happens.

If you're currently waiting on a USD withdrawal, you should contact support for an update on it.
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 01:06:21 AM

Another reminder about the "Heartbleed" bug:

To ensure that we're no longer susceptible, all of our old SSL certificates have been revoked and new ones issued. This means that you should create new login credentials for your account. Please read the full statement about it for details:

https://www.kraken.com/about/blog
mooncake

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 03:11:54 AM

USD withdrawals are slow, and will continue to be slow until we get a new USD bank parter online (at which point we'll also bring USD deposits back online). The ETA for the new USD bank is anywhere from a few weeks to a few months. I'm sorry I can't be more specific, but the timeline for securing bank partnerships is almost impossible to predict. We hazarded an estimate of April 1st before and that turned out to be way off. We're working on some great partnerships, but there's no assurance of when it'll happen until it happens.

If you're currently waiting on a USD withdrawal, you should contact support for an update on it.

I am not waiting on a USD withdrawal. I am asking so that I can decide whether I should trade BTC/USD on Kraken. I do not wish to trade BTC/EUR as it is not part of my trade portfolio.

I understand from your reply USD withdrawals are slow and will continue to be so. Can you give us a sensing based on the current circumstance? If I request for USD withdrawal now, how long will it take to be processed by Kraken?
KrakenTrader

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 05:46:26 PM

Another reminder about the "Heartbleed" bug:

To ensure that we're no longer susceptible, all of our old SSL certificates have been revoked and new ones issued. This means that you should create new login credentials for your account. Please read the full statement about it for details:

https://www.kraken.com/about/blog

Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 04:15:47 PM

I understand from your reply USD withdrawals are slow and will continue to be so. Can you give us a sensing based on the current circumstance? If I request for USD withdrawal now, how long will it take to be processed by Kraken?

I can't give more than just a rough estimate, but it will probably take on the order of 2-4 weeks.
Serpens66
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 04:42:09 PM

hmm.. there is no "panic" at the moment, but there are connection problems though.
They same I described some days ago...
At the moment it's ~ every 5-15 minutes that I have to refresh the page, because the connection is lost.

Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 350 »
  Print  

Jump to: