Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:37:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... 230 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official BITMINE CoinCraft series 28nm ASIC miners thread  (Read 565016 times)
Black_ice666

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 07:58:45 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2014, 08:14:01 PM by Black_ice666

Zefir, correct me if I'm wrong, but English is not your mother tongue?

"Who cares?" in common English usage, pretty much all variants, is pejorative. I didn't take it that way, but I can see where one might.

Absolutely not, I have several mother tongues, but English is none of them. Besides mine being based on German school English (which has a reputation of being clumsy anyway), I am well aware of my limitations when it comes to lingual nuances - hell I'm only engineer and narrow minded by design Smiley

My argument was that 'Who cares?' is different from 'Who cares about the details, they won't change anything, do they?'. Maybe it is just me, but the second variant for me reverses the relation, i.e. the first one translates to 'f*ck off' towards the customer, the second to 'f*ck off, I don't care why you're late' from the customer. If that's not the case, I'll admit my failure and say sorry.

Now I hear customers yelling: time to discuss English language but no time for updates Angry

I can give you some definitive ones from the SW side:
  • CoinCraft Desk
    • done: the driver got integrated in upstream cgminer just today (check git repository)
    • done: all remaining FW parts (UI, sensors, actors) passed long term testing over night
    • done: with that, FW is ready for deployment
  • CoinCraft Rig
    • done: IAP bootloader to reflash STM32 over SPI in the field
    • done: initial hashing proxy tunneling SPI comms between host and 2 chip chains
    • done: Initial cgminer driver
    • WIP: sensor and actors (temperature, voltage regulator, etc.)
    • WIP: self-optimization, long-term stability

Essentially, the FW for the Desk was done before time (devices are assembled / tested while I type), while the SW for the Rig will be ready just in time.

See this is something new, that's sounds like, somethings moving forward/being done...

Thanks for the update Zefir Wink

The only bad thing i have to say about it, is that's its sad, that bitmine.ch dint have 1 min. to make an update them self like that one...

Not downgrading your update (i kinda ask for it, and its great, don't get me wrong), i appreciate it, and thanks...

I just think, that many have the same problem as me, why is it that, the company, we paid god money, (really god money) can't find the 1 min it takes to make an update, like yours, on our (collectively) million dollar investment?
(if production is halted at the moment, their shut be nothing but time...)

Its feel shady, and like their is something to hide, if its becurse of more delay they shut just come out and say it, its not like it cut get any worse then it already are... :S

But again, thanks for the effort Zefir...
rufu

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 08:11:16 PM

The support should be available at 10:00 - 12:00 and 14:00 - 16:00.
He tried it at 14:20 and 15:55...nobody there...I have the exact timestamps from our Facebook conversation...

And no, it's not a lie lol...why should I lie?

sometimes you must wait 10 oder 15 minutes...

Dear Wolke, waiting 10 or 15 minutes for a bitmine callcenter agent means you are wasting 10 or 15 minutes of your live.
Talking to them is useless. Two weeks ago they told me: “Shipping end of next week”

This week they told me (at least more realistic now): “We don’t know...”
Of course, they can’t know after this what I was reading this week from Zefir:

We remember the famous posts of Mr. Massarotto: “Production started” and “First units leaving our warehouse this week”.
But what happened? After posting this relevant information they realized, they don’t have PCBs available.  They have weeks of delay and they don’t take care for all parts being available?

What will happen next? They are missing the screws or the screwdrivers?
I don’t want to waste more time, I stopped calling them.
E-mail and telephone obviously is not a proper way to communicate with Bitmine AG.
segaklon

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:02:17 PM

Me not liking anything the last thread, and not to think but my question is this.

We have lost our money and mining? All this has been a scam?

Please someone clarify this bitmine I start to get nervous and so many lies.
Cheshyr

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:09:40 PM

I have chips in hand, as do other people.  Some of the DIY community is already shipping A1 based products.  It's not a scam.  However, it sounds like mistakes were made, and they got a little over-enthusiastic in annoucing their success.  Now, they're being very careful what they say.

They will ship; it's a question of when.  I hope you see your product soon.
Tegija

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Just Fun!

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:21:20 PM

I have chips in hand, as do other people.  Some of the DIY community is already shipping A1 based products.  It's not a scam.  However, it sounds like mistakes were made, and they got a little over-enthusiastic in annoucing their success.  Now, they're being very careful what they say.

They will ship; it's a question of when.  I hope you see your product soon.

they are just not saying anything.

yeah, you are right, i´m sure they will ship, but first when we can't make any profit anymore...

Enjoy your life!
drbell

Activity: 16

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 12:07:53 AM

I've seen a few people talking about claiming back their money and an additional 10%

I get the feeling that BITMINE want you to claim back your bitcoins.  Look at it from BITMINEs point of view.  I am going to use my purchase as an example, I know that not everyone paid the same.

I paid approx $6000 for a Coincraft Desk, at the time this was 6 BTC. BITMINE would have converted this straight away into $6000. If I now ask for my money back, BITMINE will have to buy 6BTC to pay me back, which at current rates is about $3300, if you then add on the 10%, that becomes $3630.  

I gave BITMINE $6000 (6 BTC) they will send me back only $3630 (6 BTC), so that's a profit of £1300 per miner.  Not only that, they have a shinny new miner that they can mine with or sell for $6000.

The bottom line is for everyone that asks for a refund BITMINE will get $1300 and a miner.

If BITCOIN can hold the deliveries until the 60 day refunds kick in, and people start to claim back their money, then they will be rolling in money and miners.  
Maybe this is why the miners have not yet been delivered, they want to drag their heels until the refund policy kicks in and hope that people ask for refunds.

Me Paranoid ... Probably ... BITMINE scheming gets ... Highly Likely ...
E

Activity: 234

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 12:17:36 AM

I've seen a few people talking about claiming back their money and an additional 10%

I get the feeling that BITMINE want you to claim back your bitcoins.  Look at it from BITMINEs point of view.  I am going to use my purchase as an example, I know that not everyone paid the same.

I paid approx $6000 for a Coincraft Desk, at the time this was 6 BTC. BITMINE would have converted this straight away into $6000. If I now ask for my money back, BITMINE will have to buy 6BTC to pay me back, which at current rates is about $3300, if you then add on the 10%, that becomes $3630. 

I gave BITMINE $6000 (6 BTC) they will send me back only $3630 (6 BTC), so that's a profit of £1300 per miner.  Not only that, they have a shinny new miner that they can mine with or sell for $6000.

The bottom line is for everyone that asks for a refund BITMINE will get $1300 and a miner.

If BITCOIN can hold the deliveries until the 60 day refunds kick in, and people start to claim back their money, then they will be rolling in money and miners. 
Maybe this is why the miners have not yet been delivered, they want to drag their heels until the refund policy kicks in and hope that people ask for refunds.

The people who are approaching (or are in?) eligibility for refunds paid a bit more than 6 BTC. Try 60+... My mining profitability spreadsheet shows I paid 0.062BTC/ghash/s for my 1TH desk order. That was 168 days ago, btw; lead time for my Feb. ordered little single was 248 days from order...

I have no plans for a refund request, but if I did, I definitely wouldn't be expecting my BTC back XD
BuTaJIu4eK

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 07:53:07 AM

Promised week delivery has already passed, and ASIC miners - no!
  Bravo Bitmine  Grin
 Angry
 Angry

P.S. At the rate of exchange which awakes Returns Bitcoins?Huh
ujka

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 07:55:12 AM

I get the feeling that BITMINE want you to claim back your bitcoins.  Look at it from BITMINEs point of view.  I am going to use my purchase as an example, I know that not everyone paid the same.

I gave BITMINE $6000 (6 BTC) they will send me back only $3630 (6 BTC), so that's a profit of £1300 per miner.  Not only that, they have a shinny new miner that they can mine with or sell for $6000.

It's just the opposite.
They priced their hardware in $, bitcoin was only used as a payment method.
You paid $6000, for this you nedded to send 6 btc at that time.
Your refund is $6600. Right now, you can buy 11 btc with that.
Daveb0

Activity: 51

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 08:16:30 AM

From their TOS
5.4 Once you have notified Bitmine that you are cancelling the contract, Bitmine will verify that it complies with our refunds policy and, if confirmed, will refund you within 30 days of receiving notice of such cancellation for any sum that has been paid by you on that specific order. Refund will be made either by bank wire transfer or by Bitcoin payment depending on the original payment method

I would expect you the the btc back in case you paid in btc.
And yes I know, now the guys who paid in btc when it was at around 1k will complain - if it would be the other way round, the guys who paid when the btc was at around 100 would complain.
There will alway be somebody complaining, who does not realize, that this is the inherent foreign exchange risk you take when you buy/sell/trade in different currencies.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 08:23:34 AM

From their TOS
5.4 Once you have notified Bitmine that you are cancelling the contract, Bitmine will verify that it complies with our refunds policy and, if confirmed, will refund you within 30 days of receiving notice of such cancellation for any sum that has been paid by you on that specific order. Refund will be made either by bank wire transfer or by Bitcoin payment depending on the original payment method

And yes I know, now the guys who paid in btc when it was at around 1k will complain - if it would be the other way round, the guys who paid when the btc was at around 100 would complain.
There will alway be somebody complaining, who does not realize, that this is the inherent foreign exchange risk you take when you buy/sell/trade in different currencies.

At last, a man with a brain!
trek27

Activity: 172

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 09:22:03 AM
Last edit: February 21, 2014, 05:02:10 PM by trek27

Point 5.4 of TOS in any way guarantees that someone being refunded in bitcoins would obtain the same amount he had paid (in btc that is). Yes,  they allowed making wire transfers (USD, EUR) and bitcoin payments. But does anyone has an invoice with amount expressed in Btc? I ask for invoice and not, for example, confirmation of payment.

It would be really extremely strange for a company like Bitmine to take on the risk related to USD/Btc rate. Most probably in case of refunding they will calculate due amount in USD (according to CPP) and then use the same method of exchange to Btc they used while receiving payment. Why? Because almost surely they immediately exchange all received bitcoins to fiat as all their costs and contracts are in fiat.

Anyway, if someone asks for a refund (and paid in bitcoins), please, let us know how Bitmine handles such refund.

ujka

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 09:22:50 AM

Hashfast thread went for hundred pages about this  Grin

My understanding is:
Goods are priced in $, bitcoins were used as method of payment, amount calculated at date of payment.
Refunds are in $ also, returned by the method of payment originaly used. If that's BTC, amount will be calculated at the time of refund.
manali9

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 09:24:35 AM

Did someone recieved his Coincraft till today?
How do I know what is my queue position?
QuestionTime

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 10:46:24 AM

From their TOS

I agree with ujka as the price of miners was not denominated in BTC, BTC was merely the agreed method of payment and therefore the agreed value of goods for purchase or refund remains as USD. Therefore, I believe the bolded section of 5.4 refers only to method of refund and not the value of refund which is denominated in USD.

Just my interpretation, ultimately it's up to bitmine or the court judge.
Wolke
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 10:48:48 AM

Did someone recieved his Coincraft till today?
How do I know what is my queue position?

you can call them or write a mail ^^

Wolke
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 11:07:01 AM

the phone was ringing over 20 minutes -> no one, only musik.... wtf....

georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 11:10:35 AM

From their TOS

At last, a man with a brain!

Antonio (from Bitmine) told me you will only get dollars back. NEVER btc.
Like most businesses accepting BTC they immediately convert their BTC to dollars/chf thru exchanges like bitstamp etc.. and don't hold any BTC recieved by customers.

michal1

Activity: 24

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 11:15:15 AM

Has anyone ever seen this big company or a factory? Do you have any real photos?
Ultros

Activity: 471
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 11:23:55 AM

I refrained myself from posting until now because I rather be a lurker usually but I really don't understand what is going on.

I'm really trying hard to not give in to despair and rage.

A lot of people must be calling them and spamming their mailbox to get information. That must be stressful and time-consuming for them. I don't get why they can't spend 10 minutes posting some news to diminish that annoyance. Wouldn't that be best for Bitmine to give their clients some reasons to wait patiently instead of flipping out?
Is that really less painful for them to be hammered with requests and threats than posting 2 lines on their homepage? Something like "We're really sorry to announce a one-week delay in our shipping schedule because of (insert a reason here). Thanks you for your understanding".

Nothing is worse than silence. Gorgiomassa Is logging almost everyday on this forum and stay online for 5-10min. I see him each time and each time I wonder if he'll finally post some info and nothing happens. Why?

I still think they'll deliver and are just having a chain of bad luck. The mining business is full of obstacles and risk, everyone with a brain agreed to that when preordering... but that lack of communication wasn't expected. It is really deteriorating the situation.

I must thanks Zefir for bringing some insight but that can't replace an official statement unfortunately.

Please GM, with all due respect, say something.
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... 230 »
  Print  

Jump to: