Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:59:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 ... 230 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official BITMINE CoinCraft series 28nm ASIC miners thread  (Read 565006 times)
jseppeli

Activity: 430
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 09:19:12 AM

What are the dimensions of the coincraft desk version (w x h x d) and what is the appr. weight?

I once asked this a long time ago and they answered 40x40x17cm, don't know if the dimwnsion are still the same or have they changed them at some point during the planning of the desk
do not know the weight
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mork

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 10:29:54 AM

What are the dimensions of the coincraft desk version (w x h x d) and what is the appr. weight?

WxHxD: 39x17x41 - depth without power cable

Weight I don't know, don't have a scale here. On the package they say 20kg, but I guess that's not the real weight.
Something between 10 and 20kgs I'd say with two modules.
Mork

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 11:36:22 AM
Last edit: May 10, 2014, 11:56:55 AM by Mork

Yesterday I made myself the trouble and created a fancy excel document to check the sweet spot of my 2 module CCD and to know in detail, how fucked I actually am.
My coindesk has two modules, of which one is fine and one is quite picky, limiting over and underclocking. There is currently no way to have different settings for the different modules, to get the most out of the wreck that would have been a decent miner months ago. So the weakest module is the limiting factor.

I'll make this short:

Settings 1
Bitcoin Price330 €/BC
Starting diff.8,000,872,136
Days to next change2.1
Avg. minutes per block9.8 (*)
Avg. est. diff change15%
Power cost0.3 €/KWh
(*) 10 is targeted, but on average almost always lower than that.

Miner settings
Clock890 Mhz
Voltage850 mV
Bus speed6000 kpbs
Avg. hashrate brutto452,000 MHs
Avg. Power470 Watt
Watt/GHs1.0398

Using these settings and assumptions, I can run the miner for 7 diff changes, including the next one in 2.1 days. The estimated day of that final change is 03.08.2014 - starting on 16.08.2014 it will mine at a loss.
There is no matter what, it can not mine any longer than that, because I already tweaked it to almost 1 Watt / GHs and it is impossible to push it lower than that due to the faulty module - at some point it will simply turn off or produce way more HW errors than accepted shares. Anything that is still possible in terms of efficiency with this miner does not make any difference. 16.08.2014 is the estimated day it will go red.

Until then it will, given 100% uptime (the miner sometimes simply stops to mine) and the variables printed above, it will mine me 251,01 Euros.
The miner did cost me roundabout 1100 Euros.

Profit - power included
Maximum mined profit251.01 Euro *
Investment-1100.00 Euro
Netto=-848.99 Euro
* 1.74840244 BC @ 330 Euros - 1114 KWh * 0.3 €

This does not include:
  • Loss of money due to difficulty being MUCH lower when the miner should have been delivered. This sums up to a couple thousand of Euros, but I won't do the math here, too depressive.
  • Loss of money due to much higher bitcoin price in the past, which leverages the loss.

More downsides:
  • I understood that a Desktop unit is something you can have at home and you go for a Rig if you have a cellar, data warehouse or something where the miner is not around you. The miner is loud as hell, I have to put it in it's own room with the door shut and I don't know what my neighbours will say about it.
  • There is pretty much no room for more cooling. There are already 2 jet engines in this unit. I might get some fans that are even faster, but that would make it even louder as it already is.
  • It will heat up a 15m² room pretty quick. Not really a surprise, but I wanted to point out that you really need some fresh air where you put the miner.
  • They sent me the unit right before they needed to add another compensation module. They took full advantage of the fact that on a 200GH CCD, one additional module compensates for up to 100 days of late delivery. On top of keeping their 25% performance increase by themselves by reducing chips per board. On top of underperforming. On top of difficulty increase by factor 7 since original date of delivery.

On the upside:
  • I have another Rpi now and some more cables
  • The case itself is nice, I can put it to some use
  • Free 1KW power supply (way too oversized for the 620 Watt max. draw I can push my desk to, way too small for anything with 4 or more modules).

If you are one of the many who have not received their miner yet: CANCEL NOW. Without the Bitcoin skyrocketing - which is a pure gamble to rely on - there is no way to get a ROI.
Do it in a proper way to prevent further headaches: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=486808.msg5410362#msg5410362.

Man, what a depressive journey this has been. Sad
Finnminer

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 02:12:53 PM

Power cost 0.3 €/KWh
Holy crap that's expensive! Where do you live? I pay around 10 cents here in Finland.
masterOfDisaster

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 02:38:02 PM

Power cost 0.3 €/KWh
Holy crap that's expensive! Where do you live? I pay around 10 cents here in Finland.

You stumbled upon one of the major reasons for Bitcoin's geographical centralization that is to come (electricity costs are accompanied by capable infrastructure etc., but the electricity costs will play an important role for the economical aspects of mining) Wink
This will be a continuous process.
... but just imagine what happens once the block reward gets halved again at block 420,000 - either the reward increases dramatically or the miners that are operated at placed with expensive eletricity will get shut down, because it will be cheaper for their owners to buy BTC at exchanges...
Mork

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 02:49:42 PM

Power cost 0.3 €/KWh

Germany. I opted for real green power, not some green labeled nuclear power, which is quite expensive unfortunately. And we have high taxes on power, so the industry can pay low taxes on power - hooray!
For mining one probably should go for 100% nucular, but that's not my way.
regtable69

Activity: 588

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 03:00:13 PM

hey guys just bought an amt bitmine unit and wondered if there is any way i can run them on ubuntu. what would i require to do this? kinda a novice with linux so needs to be either in depth tutorial or very simple. not sure which cgminer and whet drivers/dependencys i will need.

http://ghettomining-co.in/net/coin 0% fee +potential block reward  https://discord.gg/NXDanPe net discord
http://ghettomining-co.in/ltc/coin 0% fee                                            https://discord.gg/kHekYc5 pool discord to sign up
http://ghettomining-co.in/waya/coin 0% fee
masterOfDisaster

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 05:09:01 PM

hey guys just bought an amt bitmine unit and wondered if there is any way i can run them on ubuntu. what would i require to do this? kinda a novice with linux so needs to be either in depth tutorial or very simple. not sure which cgminer and whet drivers/dependencys i will need.

Basically it should work with tools like cgminer.
If you look at the cgminer github repository you find driver support for the coincraft a1 chip.
Dependencies for compiling cgminer can be found in the repository as well.
You will have no fancy web administration and the display of the miner will not be used that way, but the miner should work.

But I don't know why you want to install Ubuntu if you consider yourself linux novice.
There's no Ubuntu binary distribution available for the RaspberryPi and compiling it yourself will take aeons. Cross-compiling it for the RPI on a more powerful device should be out of reach. Maybe you find an interesting distribution here: http://elinux.org/RPi_Distributions
Get a new SD card, try a distribution of you choice and be glad that you still have the original SD card to finally let the miner work Wink

Attaching the miner to a different device than the RPI will be even more challenging because the controller of the miner seems to be attached via the IO port of the RPI.

Just leave it as it is and let that miner run before it creates more costs on your electricity bill than the mined BTC are worth...
HardwareReviewer

Activity: 255

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 06:59:28 PM

http://www.coindesk.com/46k-spent-mining-hardware-happened-next/

Prepare to enter a world of stress
skaarj

Activity: 12

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 07:02:55 PM

I have some questions:

How do you use your bit mining hardware - are you mining as standalone or did you join a mining pool? I just found out about people mining together but I do not know entirely what it means (hard time at work place). Are there any pre-defined pools in the software?

And... is the coincraft rig so loud as it is said?

Thanks
stevebrowne

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 07:59:59 PM

Interesting, and shows what a classic SCAM Bitmine are pulling.

This reviewer ordered 4 days after me, and yet got his miner, and here I am 1 month later still, AND STILL NO REFUND.

==================================================================================
BITMINE IS A SCAM - THEY ARE IGNORING CUSTOMERS
DO NOT BUY FROM BITMINE - YOU WILL NOT GET YOUR MINER WHEN PROMISED AND WILL NOT GET A REFUND
==================================================================================
masterOfDisaster

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 08:20:16 PM
Last edit: May 11, 2014, 08:20:06 AM by masterOfDisaster

Interesting, and shows what a classic SCAM Bitmine are pulling.

This reviewer ordered 4 days after me, and yet got his miner, and here I am 1 month later still, AND STILL NO REFUND.

He not only got his 1 TH/s miner quite early (strict queue order bla bla), he got the additional hash rate in the same delivery.
Strange coincidence - posting an article on http://www.coindesk.com/mining-hardware-companies-miners-roundup/ (header: Dario Di Pardo (@dariodipardo) | Published on March 31, 2014 at 14:38 BST; so the world was aware of an order by Dario at Bitmine and Bitmine was aware of being watched by the world) and receiving the ordered goods 7 days later like stated in the recent article...

Bitmine sucks and the more we learn about it, the more it sucks.
He ordered later than others.
He received the order earlier than those who ordered later.
Bitmine bitched (should I call them Bitchmine? Nice anagram for Bitmine.ch - just shift the "ch") not about power supply shortage, but delivered the 1 TH/s.
Bitchmine delivered the additional hash rate at once.

...just to look like a good choice...
gpufreak

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 11:04:20 AM
Last edit: May 11, 2014, 12:00:07 PM by gpufreak

I finally where able to get them on the phone yesterday and they said there are 3-4 people with USD refunds "before me in queue". My payment of the first order ~ $ 39.596,70 (incl. the 10%) will be paid Monday or Tuesday they said. Actually it should be on my account yesterday...

i got them on the phone today too and asked about the refund queue. and it didnt exists. he told me that i was on that list and i "will surely" recieve my money but he did not know when. so the refund que is only a trick to calm you down and makes you waiting longer.

and monday or tuesday is the same bullshit they told me last week.
then hurry, in 25 minutes they closing phonelines

Not able to get them on the phone, waiting tune over and over... Lets see if I have more luck on Monday.

why i am not surprised? :-|

Quote website ( source: http://bitmine.ch/delays-refunds-processing/ ):

Unfortunately, we have a fixed amount of international wire transfer orders that our bank allows to process daily so we’ve now created an internal refund queue that will be processed daily based on the date that your refund request has been approved. Rest assured that we are putting every possible effort to reduce the overall waiting time.

... So to me they say it is in place, to you they say it didnt exists, on their site they say it does exists. Now which one is it  Wink ...
dplusf

Activity: 258

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 05:57:51 PM

I finally where able to get them on the phone yesterday and they said there are 3-4 people with USD refunds "before me in queue". My payment of the first order ~ $ 39.596,70 (incl. the 10%) will be paid Monday or Tuesday they said. Actually it should be on my account yesterday...

i got them on the phone today too and asked about the refund queue. and it didnt exists. he told me that i was on that list and i "will surely" recieve my money but he did not know when. so the refund que is only a trick to calm you down and makes you waiting longer.

and monday or tuesday is the same bullshit they told me last week.
then hurry, in 25 minutes they closing phonelines

Not able to get them on the phone, waiting tune over and over... Lets see if I have more luck on Monday.

why i am not surprised? :-|

Quote website ( source: http://bitmine.ch/delays-refunds-processing/ ):

Unfortunately, we have a fixed amount of international wire transfer orders that our bank allows to process daily so we’ve now created an internal refund queue that will be processed daily based on the date that your refund request has been approved. Rest assured that we are putting every possible effort to reduce the overall waiting time.

... So to me they say it is in place, to you they say it didnt exists, on their site they say it does exists. Now which one is it  Wink ...

if they have a list why dont inform the people who have requested refunds about on which place their are in the que?
and why their are delaying refunds in btc also?

i would rather not believe anymore what bitmine says.

do you really believe they have fixed amount? this is not your private checking account. its a call at the bank for them to raise the amount if needed.
either it is a lie or bitmine have cashflow problems.
regtable69

Activity: 588

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 07:57:37 PM

these guys are not the only ones in the sh*t there is amt a bitmine reseller in legal action with clients for some unknown reason they cant discuss. but im summising bitmine were at fault for the failings.

http://ghettomining-co.in/net/coin 0% fee +potential block reward  https://discord.gg/NXDanPe net discord
http://ghettomining-co.in/ltc/coin 0% fee                                            https://discord.gg/kHekYc5 pool discord to sign up
http://ghettomining-co.in/waya/coin 0% fee
bomberb17

Activity: 771
Merit: 528

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 06:11:56 AM

My target:
Port the whole mineros to another linux distro for the RPi (e.g. raspbian).

Why?
Bitmine's custom linux distribution (yocto) is very minimal, it doesn't have a package manager or a gcc compiler to install other software (like no-ip for remote access, cgmon for automatic restarting if cgminer hangs, screen to observe cgminer running etc.)

My steps so far:
1. Download raspbian image from http://downloads.raspberrypi.org/raspbian_latest.
2. Write raspbian to another SD card using win32diskimager.
3. Copy the whole mineros directory to the new SD.
4. Put the new SD into the CC Desk's RPi (a bit tricky  Smiley )
5. After booting, run
Code:
sudo apt-get update
6. Install RPIO
Code:
sudo apt-get install python-setuptools
sudo easy_install -U RPIO
Code:
sudo apt-get install python-smbus
Code:
apt-get install python-pexpect
9. Install latest cgminer (4.3.3):
Code:
sudo aptitude install git autoconf libtool libcurl4-openssl-dev libncurses5-dev pkg-config yasm make libusb-1.0-0-dev
git clone git://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer.git cgminer
cd cgminer
./autogen.sh
./configure --enable-bitmine_A1
make
make install

So after these steps, everything "should" have been set...

But my problems are:

A. By manually running cgminer:
Code:
cgminer --text-only --lowmem --bitmine-a1-options 16000:800000:8000 -o stratum+tcp://nl1.ghash.io:3333 -O bomberb17.worker:1234
it does not run (displays the "starting cgminer..." screen for a second then it exits). Tried without the "text-only" and/or "lowmem" options, didn't make any difference.

B.
Code:
root@raspberrypi:/home/pi# python /mineros/boot.py start
start-stop-daemon: unable to stat //python (No such file or directory)
start-stop-daemon: unable to stat //cgminer (No such file or directory)
(Although by running this command, the fans start spinning and I get the display in front)

So if someone familiar with linux can help solve this, please post! I can also provide link to download the raspbian image with all of the above steps done to save your time, PM if you want it..

(I have posted the above also in the "CC Troubleshooting" thread).
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 08:21:40 AM

My target:
Port the whole mineros to another linux distro for the RPi (e.g. raspbian).

Why?
Bitmine's custom linux distribution (yocto) is very minimal, it doesn't have a package manager or a gcc compiler to install other software (like no-ip for remote access, cgmon for automatic restarting if cgminer hangs, screen to observe cgminer running etc.)

My steps so far:
1. Download raspbian image from http://downloads.raspberrypi.org/raspbian_latest.
2. Write raspbian to another SD card using win32diskimager.
3. Copy the whole mineros directory to the new SD.
4. Put the new SD into the CC Desk's RPi (a bit tricky  Smiley )
5. After booting, run
Code:
sudo apt-get update
6. Install RPIO
Code:
sudo apt-get install python-setuptools
sudo easy_install -U RPIO
Code:
sudo apt-get install python-smbus
Code:
apt-get install python-pexpect
9. Install latest cgminer (4.3.3):
Code:
sudo aptitude install git autoconf libtool libcurl4-openssl-dev libncurses5-dev pkg-config yasm make libusb-1.0-0-dev
git clone git://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer.git cgminer
cd cgminer
./autogen.sh
./configure --enable-bitmine_A1
make
make install

So after these steps, everything "should" have been set...

But my problems are:

A. By manually running cgminer:
Code:
cgminer --text-only --lowmem --bitmine-a1-options 16000:800000:8000 -o stratum+tcp://nl1.ghash.io:3333 -O bomberb17.worker:1234
it does not run (displays the "starting cgminer..." screen for a second then it exits). Tried without the "text-only" and/or "lowmem" options, didn't make any difference.

B.
Code:
root@raspberrypi:/home/pi# python /mineros/boot.py start
start-stop-daemon: unable to stat //python (No such file or directory)
start-stop-daemon: unable to stat //cgminer (No such file or directory)
(Although by running this command, the fans start spinning and I get the display in front)

So if someone familiar with linux can help solve this, please post! I can also provide link to download the raspbian image with all of the above steps done to save your time, PM if you want it..

(I have posted the above also in the "CC Troubleshooting" thread).

Look at boot.py - what daemons does it start? Do you have them installed?
paolo77
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 10:03:07 AM
Last edit: May 12, 2014, 12:30:03 PM by paolo77

good morning at all , i have Bitmine Coincraft 1  th/s   run at 1th ,how do I get it to 1.5 th / s? thanks in advance to those who help me.
jseppeli

Activity: 430

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 11:06:16 AM

good morning at all , i have Bitmine Coincraft 1  th/s   run at 1th ,how do I get it to 1 th / s? thanks in advance to those who help me.

1th = 1th/s
paolo77
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 12:30:24 PM

sorry  1.5 th/s !!!! Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 ... 230 »
  Print  

Jump to: