Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 07:44:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PHS][50% PoS] PhilosopherStone | NoPremine |10 month Dist | 1.6.4.1  (Read 121919 times)
Palmdetroit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

PHS 50% PoS - Stop mining start minting

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 11:31:48 PM

must have been an older version. The one you linked in the other post load right up. Thanks!

connectivity was bad on the older clients too so you should be good to go!

Scyntech

Activity: 349
Merit: 250

“Blockchain Just Entered The Real World”

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 11:40:00 PM

must have been an older version. The one you linked in the other post load right up. Thanks!

connectivity was bad on the older clients too so you should be good to go!

yep, back to mining! Thanks again

███████████████████████
     ███▄ ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█▀▀  █████
    ███  █▀  ▀█▀▀▀       ▐█ ███
   ███  ▄██▄▄█▀▄▄▄        █▌ ███
  ███ ▄█▀  █     ▀█▄▄     ▐█  ▐██
 ███▄█▀    █        ▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄ ██
████▀      █           ▀██▀   ▀█ ██
 ██▀█▄     █          ▄█▀▀█▄▄▄█▀██
  ██ ▀█▄   █      ▄▄█▀▀    ▐█  ██
   ██  ▀█▄█▀▀█▄▄█▀▀        █▌ ██
    ███  █▄  ▄█▀█▄▄▄      █▌███
     ███  ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀█▄▄▐████
      ███████████████████████

▄▄       ▄▄▄        ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄ 
  ▀█▄   ▄█▀ ▀█▄    ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀   ▀▀█▄
    ▀█▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█▀  ▐█         █▌
    ▄█▀█▄      ▄█▀    ▐█         █▌
  ▄█▀   ▀█▄  ▄█▀       █▄       ▄█
▄█▀       ▀██▀          ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀

Network
BLOCKCHAIN JUST ENTERED THE REAL WORLD
  Decentralized Crypto-Location Oracle Network
GET WHITELISTED FOR TOKEN SALE ( Limited )

WHITE PAPER  ││  ANN Thread  Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Reddit
Palmdetroit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 12:30:13 AM
Last edit: February 17, 2014, 08:14:38 AM by Palmdetroit

should we go?
Code:
We are hosting The Crypto Currency Convention in NYC on April 9th. We would like them to speak and promote PhilosopherStonecoin.

Our mission is to bring awareness and acceptance to all Crypto Currency and not just bitcoin.  .

Go to www.CryptoCurrencyConvention.com and click on the Speaker Tab.

Thank You

Please update to fix connectivity issues (will try to keep this last post for a bit so everyone upgrades)

News: Connectivity has been patched Please Update 1.3.4

Philosopherstone-1.3.4-win32.zip               F12DCC25F2DBB7175DE3FB80521A33A6

Scyntech

Activity: 349

“Blockchain Just Entered The Real World”

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 12:53:46 AM

I'd say you should. The coin is a fairly good trade on the exchanges.

███████████████████████
     ███▄ ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█▀▀  █████
    ███  █▀  ▀█▀▀▀       ▐█ ███
   ███  ▄██▄▄█▀▄▄▄        █▌ ███
  ███ ▄█▀  █     ▀█▄▄     ▐█  ▐██
 ███▄█▀    █        ▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄ ██
████▀      █           ▀██▀   ▀█ ██
 ██▀█▄     █          ▄█▀▀█▄▄▄█▀██
  ██ ▀█▄   █      ▄▄█▀▀    ▐█  ██
   ██  ▀█▄█▀▀█▄▄█▀▀        █▌ ██
    ███  █▄  ▄█▀█▄▄▄      █▌███
     ███  ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀█▄▄▐████
      ███████████████████████

▄▄       ▄▄▄        ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄ 
  ▀█▄   ▄█▀ ▀█▄    ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀   ▀▀█▄
    ▀█▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█▀  ▐█         █▌
    ▄█▀█▄      ▄█▀    ▐█         █▌
  ▄█▀   ▀█▄  ▄█▀       █▄       ▄█
▄█▀       ▀██▀          ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀

Network
BLOCKCHAIN JUST ENTERED THE REAL WORLD
  Decentralized Crypto-Location Oracle Network
GET WHITELISTED FOR TOKEN SALE ( Limited )

WHITE PAPER  ││  ANN Thread  Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Reddit
Jabulon

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 12:03:53 PM

A little help please, as I'm new to PHS and the whole POS thing. Basic questions, but the answers would be valuable to many, I am sure.

I've been running v1.3.2 of the wallet client, which I understand needs to be upgraded. So, when I run the new version, do I need to import my stones from the old client? How do I do that? From a wallet.dat backup? How to execute this (debug console window? Import private keys? What are the specific steps/commands?)

Also, no clue what this 'IRC attack' was or what it implies for me.

Finally, is there a 'beginners' guide to how to set up POS minting, or could someone put one up here? I did see the in-wallet 'easy methos' steps one can do in console tab, but as was pointed out by the poster, there is the concern about having wallet passphrase left in history.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Visit NightBark Music, home of the BlackCoin Music Video! https://www.youtube.com/user/nightbarkmusic
paardenkip

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 01:49:43 PM

A little help please, as I'm new to PHS and the whole POS thing. Basic questions, but the answers would be valuable to many, I am sure.

I've been running v1.3.2 of the wallet client, which I understand needs to be upgraded. So, when I run the new version, do I need to import my stones from the old client? How do I do that? From a wallet.dat backup? How to execute this (debug console window? Import private keys? What are the specific steps/commands?)

Just replace the new files from the zip with the old ones.

That's all.
Jabulon

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 02:36:58 PM

That's all.

Right. But which 'files', and how? The 'files from the new zip are the phs qt and stoned.exe, so you clearly don't mean those. Are you saying import the old wallet.dat? See, that was precisely my question. Which files, and how.

Visit NightBark Music, home of the BlackCoin Music Video! https://www.youtube.com/user/nightbarkmusic
Palmdetroit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 05:34:20 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2014, 05:46:27 PM by Palmdetroit

That's all.

Right. But which 'files', and how? The 'files from the new zip are the phs qt and stoned.exe, so you clearly don't mean those. Are you saying import the old wallet.dat? See, that was precisely my question. Which files, and how.

Hi the release files are all in one, as to make upgrading easy.

Will add this to main Post.

Upgrading
Code:
1. Stop current Qt client(wallet) and wait 1-2mins for all files to shut down / close.
2. Optional, but recommended: Zip up wallet.dat or the data directory of PHS for backup Windows>(c:/users/username/appdata/roaming/philosopherstone/)  (if you already keep frequent backups can skip)
3. Unzip download to where you would like and run QT file, and run it -you are upgraded. (Check help>about Philosopherstone to verify version)
Stake

Jabulon

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 06:17:53 PM

That's all.

Hi the release files are all in one, as to make upgrading easy.

Will add this to main Post.

Upgrading
Code:
1. Stop current Qt client(wallet) and wait 1-2mins for all files to shut down / close.
2. Optional, but recommended: Zip up wallet.dat or the data directory of PHS for backup Windows>(c:/users/username/appdata/roaming/philosopherstone/)  (if you already keep frequent backups can skip)
3. Unzip download to where you would like and run QT file, and run it -you are upgraded. (Check help>about Philosopherstone to verify version)
Stake

Thank you!

trcwhale

Activity: 84
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 09:18:07 PM

Hi All,

Tell me what's so cool about this coin and why I should mine it. I have 10MH available.

Let me know.
Jabulon

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 10:05:53 PM

Hi All,

Tell me what's so cool about this coin and why I should mine it. I have 10MH available.

Let me know.

The proof-of-stake benefit is considerable if you hold your stones. Accumulate enough stake and you can reap (POS 'mint') new coins faster than you could POW mine them. Less volatile than many cryptos as there is less dumping (likely due to the inducement to keep one's stake). In essence, a stabilizing factor is inherent in the very design of the coin. This is an intelligent coin. Not another copy-and-paste litecoin knock-off. Nor is it a coin with gargantuan block rewards flooding the crypto ecosystem with a gazillion meaningless new trash-coins worth microscopic fractions of a penny each. That may be exciting for noobs, but it gets old fast. So it's a coin worth mining, and I'd also recommend buying outright. Sell off your crappy coins and move into quality. Really, this and Vertcoin are about the only two I can take seriously (barring Litecoin and BTC, of course).

trcwhale

Activity: 84
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 10:57:35 PM

Hi All,

Let me know.

The proof-of-stake benefit is considerable if you hold your stones. Accumulate enough stake and you can reap (POS 'mint') new coins faster than you could POW mine them. Less volatile than many cryptos as there is less dumping (likely due to the inducement to keep one's stake). In essence, a stabilizing factor is inherent in the very design of the coin. This is an intelligent coin. Not another copy-and-paste litecoin knock-off. Nor is it a coin with gargantuan block rewards flooding the crypto ecosystem with a gazillion meaningless new trash-coins worth microscopic fractions of a penny each. That may be exciting for noobs, but it gets old fast. So it's a coin worth mining, and I'd also recommend buying outright. Sell off your crappy coins and move into quality. Really, this and Vertcoin are about the only two I can take seriously (barring Litecoin and BTC, of course).

Thx

It is like peercoin then.

I was thinking what's stopping someone from making super POS coin that would generate 2000%  or more per year. Why not?

Molitor

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 11:06:57 PM

Hi All,

Let me know.

I believe PHS hit number one on Coinchoose earlier today. It's down to #15 now.

bdc2343

Activity: 296

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 02:42:29 AM

should we go?
Code:
We are hosting The Crypto Currency Convention in NYC on April 9th. We would like them to speak and promote PhilosopherStonecoin.

Our mission is to bring awareness and acceptance to all Crypto Currency and not just bitcoin.  .

Go to www.CryptoCurrencyConvention.com and click on the Speaker Tab.

Thank You

Please update to fix connectivity issues (will try to keep this last post for a bit so everyone upgrades)

News: Connectivity has been patched Please Update 1.3.4

Philosopherstone-1.3.4-win32.zip               F12DCC25F2DBB7175DE3FB80521A33A6

There is no doubt the key players in these stones should go to this.  It will help a great deal in promoting the stones bringing more people to our community.  So, yes palmdetroit should go for sure!!!!

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
virtualreality69

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

Check out FireCoin!

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 02:49:48 AM

Net hashrate of 1,000+ Mh/s, but only 3 pools are listed? 1 of which has 0 people hashing.

Are there additional pools out there to join?

http://firecoin.tk  --> FireCoin: Currently one of the fastest growing, rare, alt-currencies!!
currently selling several undervolted cards: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=645037.0
www.amazon.com/shops/Virtualreality69
CryptoCoinSolutions

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 08:18:04 AM

Wallet will not sync.

Of the 40+ stones I mined with a GPU rig, only 21 remain. It seems that coins get "magically" subtracted from my wallet.

I'm getting "interest" payments sent to my wallet every hour, app hung, rebooted, restarted wallet, won't sync.

I think this coin is officially destroyed. Nice try though.
Jabulon

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 12:23:30 PM

Wallet will not sync.

Of the 40+ stones I mined with a GPU rig, only 21 remain. It seems that coins get "magically" subtracted from my wallet.

I'm getting "interest" payments sent to my wallet every hour, app hung, rebooted, restarted wallet, won't sync.

Alarmed by your post, I fired up my wallet, checked balance, synced. All my thousands of stones were there intact, app is fine, sync was smooth and quick. Not sure what is the cause of your problem, but to immediately conclude that it is a system-wide failure of the coin - that strikes me a bit overblown. Check more deeply on the home-front before making global assumptions. Re-install with latest wallet upgrade, take a chill pill.

dannyel27

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 05:13:01 PM

Hey everyone,
I'm new here and I wanted to know what about OS X client?

I'm really interested in PHS.

Thanks,
Dannyel
atletiaficionado

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:21:17 AM

Wallet will not sync.

Excuse yourself.. but this coin is going to blossom soon.. quite the opposite of being destroyed.. If your experiences are true than i apologize and suggest that you always backup your wallet and keep it updated. If your trolling, then troll else where please.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:41:54 AM

Hi All,

Let me know.

Thx

It is like peercoin then.

I was thinking what's stopping someone from making super POS coin that would generate 2000%  or more per year. Why not?

because your coin would soon have little worth....even 50% year is very high if PHS grew really big they would probably reduce it a little bit.  PHS is a good coin get a few k, it's fun watching the pos come in. Load your wallet from the exchange every day with a bit... it's nice to see the pos coming every day.

cents was 1000% every 10days... that killed the coin.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: