Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:58:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PHS][50% PoS] PhilosopherStone | NoPremine |10 month Dist | 1.6.4.1  (Read 121919 times)
CryptoCoinSolutions

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 04:02:26 AM

First version. Stone shape + "P: in circle. Idea from HarryPotter movie  Smiley

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36382809/PHS-StoneShape.jpg

P.S. I will be very happy to receive any kind of bounty  Wink And my PHS wallet - 9Z7RRbMkHTuzc2yE8LXk3pc4TreGvnrN92

The use of red is very powerful and makes it stand out from all other wallets on a users machine. When looking in the taskbar at the currently running programs, it will blast out of that group. The quality of a stone, that is a gem, a ruby, the color from the movie is a good cross marketing technique. I like this, I want to see this in my taskbar wallet collection.
CryptoCoinSolutions

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 04:38:02 AM

Wallet start-up splash screen, general marketing, wallet colors. Megacoin is very red, but the red and semi-black works well.

http://i42.tinypic.com/2ynfomt.jpg

In the Taskbar: (just representative of the need to make the icon small, and sharp, from scratch as an icon, some site that does this well for you).
These icons take a lot of work, special care needed for absolute simplicity, a replica of the general logo of course, but even more simple. This needs a lot of work to make it a good "icon", different animal.

http://i42.tinypic.com/rwp8d2.jpg

PHS: 9TTHWYPpAUpdbKW6ueczGhx6hhbbJ3L1Cf
CryptoCoinSolutions

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 04:50:05 AM

Wallet Splash - General Logo
http://i41.tinypic.com/2hxa974.jpg

In Tray Icon (taskbar, page tab, etc ...):

http://i40.tinypic.com/2gujczr.jpg
CryptoCoinSolutions

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 04:51:18 AM

Have to agree here, red gem red background stands out, and of course red is the property of life and the cross marketing...  

Red and black are extremely powerful colors, as we all know, ;-)
rdcpsi

Activity: 34

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 11:22:03 PM

1.3.1 Info Update
(being tested for release in week or so) Grin

Also toying with command line arguments to adjust how often you generate stake (anti dust). and clearing up some other legacy issues.

Excellent, really good to see some innovative coding gong on with PHS.

Every POS coin I have had has ended up choking on it's own dust causing 100% CPU usage after just a few months with the only fix (at least that I'm aware of) being to send to a new wallet; with the side effects of both losing stake and paying fees in the process.

Philopolymath

Activity: 558
Merit: 295

Walter Russell's Cosmogony is RIGHT!

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 08:26:26 AM

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Tutorial for MINTING/STAKE etc...

The peercoin info is not very helpful
the part about rpc password and wallet password/encrytion unlock for minting etc... is VERY confusing
DON'T ask people to just leave coins in UN-encrypted wallet for minting...duh!

Where is the daemon file?
Is there one created somewhere I can't find one?
not in app data or downloaded qt file?Huh

Also NEW WALLET
Do I need to send my coins to the new wallet? Must I Pay tx fee just to use and get old coins to new wallet?
Can I just save my wallet.dat and then copy the old  into the NEW wallet AFTER it loads AND syncs???

Wish I could LEARN more so I could help more..

OPINION
Who cares what the damn wallet looks like or the logo design when there are so many other vastly more important issues of FUNCTIONALITY
Harry fucking Potter has nothing to do with this coin. Don't fuck this coin with such an insult

leonardo Davinci Pythagoras Plato Lao Tzu Confusious  Walter Russell even Van Morrison is great but no forking HP

Support Alien Beer Circle research...www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRXDk2RMQ4A
Palmdetroit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

PHS 50% PoS - Stop mining start minting

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 09:07:36 AM
Last edit: January 06, 2014, 09:49:00 AM by Palmdetroit

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

the part about rpc password and wallet password/encrytion unlock for minting etc... is VERY confusing

Also NEW WALLET
Do I need to send my coins to the new wallet? Must I Pay tx fee just to use and get old coins to new wallet?
Can I just save my wallet.dat and then copy the old  into the NEW wallet AFTER it loads AND syncs???

OPINION
Who cares what the damn wallet looks like or the logo design when there are so many other vastly more important issues of FUNCTIONALITY
Harry fucking Potter has nothing to do with this coin. Don't fuck this coin with such an insult

leonardo Davinci Pythagoras Plato Lao Tzu Confusious  Walter Russell even Van Morrison is great but no forking HP

I lold , a guide is in the works! And the new client will just work with the old wallet files, just backup before you run a new client.

1.3.1 coming 'soon

Oblivion

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 10:42:12 AM

Great to see people getting involved creating logo's etc Cheesy Really Nice.

As for PoS with locked wallet, I think this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnLvE_Vnojc tutorial (for PPcoin) is similar.
Should work fine, have not tried myself though.

Just to be safe: Back up wallet before trying this out!

If it does not work, let me know so I can delete this post.

bdc2343

Activity: 296
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 06:03:15 PM

Hello Team,

I would like to introduce myself and hopefully become a contributing member of the Philosopher Stone community. 

I'm starting to perform some research on several Forums and will be compiling a list of Promoter's who can help to promote this coin (stone) when the time is appropriate.

I'm a Certified Test Engineer and work for one of the largest Industrial Companies in the world, so I understand the development process and how long it takes to get bugs fixed and to deploy the code for further testing. 

If you need testing performed, let me know and I'll be glad to do this.  Also, let me know when the time has come to start promoting.  I will then reach out to promoters.

bdc2343  Smiley

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
zeeman

Activity: 598
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 08:02:20 PM

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Also NEW WALLET
Can I just save my wallet.dat and then copy the old  into the NEW wallet AFTER it loads AND syncs???

OPINION

leonardo Davinci Pythagoras Plato Lao Tzu Confusious  Walter Russell even Van Morrison is great but no forking HP

I agree with you, I can't get the stuff working as well. I get the popup which wants me to enter my pass, but when I give my pass, the wallet won't be unlocked.
I watched the video by the guy who made it work for PPcoin and tried to do the same for PS.

here are my lines of code:

In the %appdata% > roaming > Philosopherstone I added a file called philosopherstone.conf

Code:
#philosophercoind.conf
# JSON-RPC options (for controlling a running ppcoind process)

#Server mode allows Qt to accept JSON-RPC commands
server=1

# You must set rpcuser and rpcpassword to secure the JSON-RPC api
rpcuser=test
rpcpassword=test2

#The reserve balance field is the minimum amount of coins you want to have available and NOT put up as stake.  
#The reason for this is that if you are generating proof of stake you cannot spend those coins for 520 blocks.
#reservebalance=0

In programfiles(386) > Philosopherstone-1.3.0-win32     I created mint.bat with this lines of code, there is no daemon-map:

Code:
@echo off
@echo Enter PPC password...
SET /P variable=Password :
philosophercoind walletpassphrase %variable% 9999999 true

Hope someone can give me a clue about what I'm doing wrong. That would be great.
Tranz
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052

May the force bit with you.

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 08:27:26 PM

1.3.1 Info Update
(being tested for release in week or so) Grin

Also toying with command line arguments to adjust how often you generate stake (anti dust). and clearing up some other legacy issues.

Excellent, really good to see some innovative coding gong on with PHS.

Every POS coin I have had has ended up choking on it's own dust causing 100% CPU usage after just a few months with the only fix (at least that I'm aware of) being to send to a new wallet; with the side effects of both losing stake and paying fees in the process.

Yes My inbox has been full of this complaint since day one, it is resolved on test clients and is being tested for release in the 1.3.x line of updates.

I am curious to what your idea is for this? I was thinking of simply limiting the coins that go into the kernel based on weight and a set limit to prevent CPU exhaustion.

What were your ideas?

HBN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303749.0 hobonickels.info
Personal Donations: F1TranzWqFGZyFeTMu6iLbtTQgdXuJPsiL
Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw
bdc2343

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 08:38:10 PM

Hey guys let me know if this helps??

Step 1:  Open your wallet
Step 2:  At the top you will see an option:  Help
Step 3:  Click Console tab.  Then at bottom of that screen, type in help
Step 4:  You will see a list of commands the program can receive for your wallet, near the bottom of the list, notice the walletpassphrase command syntax.
Step 5:  where you typed in help, type in:  walletpassphrase yourwalletpassword 9999999 true.  yourwalletpassword is the encryped password you gave your wallet.
Step 6:  Notice your wallet lock should now be unlocked (lower right corner).  Also, I think the code now perform auto minting when the wallet is unlocked when you pass the true variable.
Step 7:  When you want to lock your wallet, type in walletlock.

Please let me know if this helps.  I also struggled for days trying to figure this out.  I work with programmers every day and know how they think, they sometimes have a manual command line way to perform certain functions.  I'm glad this version has the console command line configured in.

bdc2343   Smiley

Oblivion

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 09:28:13 PM

Really intrigued by this coin and some of the ideas around it. I'd love to get involved.

I'm a graphic designer but also have experience with web development and social media. I designed, coded and built Project-Grey.com. More recently I've handled designed work for the Australian BTC exchange CoinJar.com.

What I think would be great for Philosopher Stones is some solid branding. It's an awesome idea and I can build a really strong image for it. Once we've got that I can setup a Facebook, a twitter for updates, a sub-reddit for organized community discussion.

Here's a few ideas I had in my head:

https://i.imgur.com/xjgvf9m.png

Keep up the awesome work!

I like these! The second one is referring to an alchemy book that is related to Newton if I'm correct?
bdc2343

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 09:45:02 PM

I also like the second one.  It's a perfect fit for our theme. 

Also don't forget the one in your previous post that has the dark stones in the water.  That one to me is the coolest. 

paardenkip

Activity: 79

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 12:32:56 AM

This coin has great potential!

Hope there will be some better promotion in the future. This coin needs a pro website.
bdc2343

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 12:53:23 AM

1.3.1 Beta Test Client

https://sourceforge.net/projects/philosopherstone/files/PHS/BetaTestClients/

Need some feedback, so contact if you run into any problems! Also please test languages and QR

Notes:

ALWAYS BACK UP BEFORE USING ANY NEW CLIENT!

1.3.1 BETA will not work on legacy systems!

Backup wallet.dat every-time, and it's not a bad idea to also backup the philosopherstone folder with all files as well.
BETA clients are for experienced users only, and may contain bugs - although they have had some testing, please be careful!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1.3.1 Pre-Release BETA
-=-=-=-=-
More optimizations
More localizations, new languages added
QR implemented
Patch more attack vectors
fix windows compile issues
multiple bug fixes, memory leak fix
getbalance, listunspent,timeoffest,keypoolrefill added/fixed
more removal of legacy code
copy transaction option in QT
and a bunch of other stuff
many legacy coin references
testing out some new images

Just downloaded it and extracted it.  Nice new splash!!!  Cool looking.  But, it took about 5 mins to bring up the wallet, and an error occurred.  Error stated "Philosopher-qt.exe has stopped working.  A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify you of a solution if available.".    I then have to click the Close Program button which brings down the wallet immediately.

Oblivion

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 04:59:39 PM

I also like the second one.  It's a perfect fit for our theme. 

Also don't forget the one in your previous post that has the dark stones in the water.  That one to me is the coolest. 

Thanks!  Grin
zeeman

Activity: 598
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 05:34:07 PM
Last edit: January 07, 2014, 05:47:53 PM by zeeman

Hey guys let me know if this helps??

Step 1:  Open your wallet
Step 2:  At the top you will see an option:  Help
Step 3:  Click Console tab.  Then at bottom of that screen, type in help
Step 4:  You will see a list of commands the program can receive for your wallet, near the bottom of the list, notice the walletpassphrase command syntax.
Step 5:  where you typed in help, type in:  walletpassphrase yourwalletpassword 9999999 true.  yourwalletpassword is the encryped password you gave your wallet.
Step 6:  Notice your wallet lock should now be unlocked (lower right corner).  Also, I think the code now perform auto minting when the wallet is unlocked when you pass the true variable.
Step 7:  When you want to lock your wallet, type in walletlock.

Please let me know if this helps.  I also struggled for days trying to figure this out.  I work with programmers every day and know how they think, they sometimes have a manual command line way to perform certain functions.  I'm glad this version has the console command line configured in.

bdc2343   Smiley

Thanx for the steps. I am able to unlock my wallet this way. But on the leftside corner I still have the message: "minting suspended due to locked wallet"
The little wallet logo on the right shows the wallet is unlocked. It also shows the text: "wallet is encrypted and currently unlocked" while hoovering over.
This means PS is telling me 2 different things. 1. Your wallet is unlocked. 2. The program cannot mint because the wallet is locked.

Oeps,.... little update! Now the message about not being able to mint is gone (took about 10 min.) So the wallet is unlocked and the message is gone.
Does anyone know how to add coins to the "Stake" part in my wallet? While I look at the overview, I see the numer of coins I have but none of them shows up after Stake:
Some coins I received 19 december. So I must be able to get some coins now isn't it?

bdc2343

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 12:44:45 AM
Last edit: January 08, 2014, 01:11:50 AM by bdc2343

A MUST READ!!!!!!

Team,

A bit of a downturn in the market today.  Hopefully it will stabilize and we can continue an uptrend soon.  Remember, nothing goes just straight up.  But you know, this coin has GREAT potential.  I love it more than bitcoin.  Why?  
1.  It has a cool ass name - Philosopher Stones is very unique and will catch the attention of many people.  Especially people with money and who have above avg intelligence.
2.  It will produce less than 10 million coins in total.  50% less than bitcoin.  WOW!!!  This coin has the potential to become very rare.  Wanted by many.  Price could soar PAST bitcoin if it catches on.
3.  Proof of Stake (PoS) - PeerCoin (PPC) uses this feature but only provides 1% interest.  But wait...drum roll.....PHS provides up to 50% interest annually, 3.44% monthly.  Are you crazy!!!  There is no coin that even comes close to doing this.  So guess what, In my opinion, we that own this coin should NEVER sell them until you retire or become a millionaire.  No investment gives you returns like this.
4.  ASIC Resistance - While you work, watch videos, or browse, the PHS client can mine coins for you as fast as new specialized hardware- without the heat, noise, and huge electric bills.
5.  Energy Efficiency -PHS uses existing hardware and does not require huge, power hungry mining to maintain the network.

Overall, this is my #1 coin by far.  Let's bring people into our community and build it up.  Pass the word around about these cool stones.  I feel one day we will look back and be thankful we discovered PHS during its infancy to watch it grow to hundreds or maybe thousands per stone.

ps.. if your reading this and are not part of our community, please join and help us out.  We are getting ready to EXPLODE!!!!

bdc2343

CartGeezer

Activity: 272
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 01:51:49 AM

POS Minting

I searched and read thru the site picking up things here and there.  Failed a few times but this seems like it will work:

Dropped a philosopherstone.conf in \Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Philosopherstone that looks like this:

---
server=1

# You must set rpcuser and rpcpassword to secure the JSON-RPC api
rpcuser=<mad>
rpcpassword=<maxx>
---

Then, in my wallet directory, I made and dropped in mint.bat that looks like this:
---
@echo off
@echo Enter PPC password...
SET /P variable=Password :
stoned walletpassphrase %variable% 9999999 true
---

After it's all synced up, opened a DOS command window and changed to the wallet directory.  Ran mint.  Here's where I had trouble.  It didn't seem to want the rpcpassword, I just got password errors.  I finally figured out it wants the wallet password, or pass phrase in "quotes".  Not placing quotes around the pass phrase will give an error also.

So, I entered my pass phrase and .... the "not minting" in the left corner went away, and the lock in the right corner sez "wallet is encrypted and unlocked".  I assume this means I was finally successful?

I can't tell yet, haven't read anything here yet that says yay or nay.  Also, I don't have stake yet, as my coins are only a couple days old.  I understand they must 'age' a bit, 5 days minimum to 15 days for fully weighted, if I remember correctly.

So, success or fail?  Only the superior-intellegenced and experienced humans populating this thread will know, and perhaps speak?

Thanx all!

CURE DEM DMD GPL HBN HYPER KED POT TEK  THC -   I'm such a PoS
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: