Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:38:06 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PHS][50% PoS] PhilosopherStone | NoPremine |10 month Dist | 1.6.4.1  (Read 121919 times)
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 01:04:24 PM

I contacted Bittrex today for listing PHS .

Here's the answer:

Thanks for contacting us about your coin. We look for coins that have high community demand, innovations to cryto-coin technology, or a contribution to science or humanity. Given the demand for coin launches, we limit ourselves to only a handful a week. Launching is free and at our discretion. If you'd like to guarantee the launch of your coin and get additional marketing in our platform, we offer the option to spotlight your coin for 2.0 BTC.

All that bitching and moaning about Cryptsy (and lost coins 6 weeks ago)... is hurting PHS...
And all my transfers in June have been fine.

So the PHS network is cheap now and worth $63,000...
And Bittrex wants 2% of that to list PHS...
Any CEO would consider that a good investment to get the cap back to $100,000.
paardenkip

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 03:10:44 PM

Here's the answer:

Thanks for contacting us about your coin. We look for coins that have high community demand, innovations to cryto-coin technology, or a contribution to science or humanity. Given the demand for coin launches, we limit ourselves to only a handful a week. Launching is free and at our discretion. If you'd like to guarantee the launch of your coin and get additional marketing in our platform, we offer the option to spotlight your coin for 2.0 BTC.

All that bitching and moaning about Cryptsy (and lost coins 6 weeks ago)... is hurting PHS...

It would be nice to see the bagholders (those with more than 1% of the coins) step up a little. It's in your interest the most to let this coin succeed.
sorrros

Activity: 954
Merit: 104

ludenaprotocol.io

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 07:30:32 AM

You genuinely believe that getting listed on Bittrex will give PHS more than a +20% bump in price over 3 days?

Cryptsy is actually a bigger exchange. And by the way we may want to respect them and collaborate with them as they are PHS only exchange right now; there's no need to create unnecessary fuss for 20$ transactions...

What the coin needs to succeed in the long term is other ideas to make it more distinctive/innovative now that so many other coins have moved to POS; ideas to drive awareness, adoption and systems outside of crypto-enthusiasts forums to give the coin practical - as opposed to speculatory - value for day-to-day use by the many...

► LudenaProtocol ◄ ♦️ A Gamified Social Platform for Worldwide Gamers ♦️ ► LudenaProtocol ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Instagram|Whitepaper
paardenkip

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 02:55:15 PM

You genuinely believe that getting listed on Bittrex will give PHS more than a +20% bump in price over 3 days?

Cryptsy is actually a bigger exchange. And by the way we may want to respect them and collaborate with them as they are PHS only exchange right now; there's no need to create unnecessary fuss for 20$ transactions...

What the coin needs to succeed in the long term is other ideas to make it more distinctive/innovative now that so many other coins have moved to POS; ideas to drive awareness, adoption and systems outside of crypto-enthusiasts forums to give the coin practical - as opposed to speculatory - value for day-to-day use by the many...

No, I dont believe that.

I believe in taking action.
sorrros

ludenaprotocol.io

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 03:36:52 PM

Fair point! But who wants to spend energy/money/time on things that don't make a difference... 

What kind of action would you have in mind paardenkip? Any ideas?
It may be worth some kind of brainstorming, not sure if this forum is the best place but anyways...

If there is a path that's worth following I'd be happy to invest time in it. And I hope many others who like PHS would too!

No, I dont believe that.

I believe in taking action.

► LudenaProtocol ◄ ♦️ A Gamified Social Platform for Worldwide Gamers ♦️ ► LudenaProtocol ◄
paardenkip

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 06:13:09 PM

Fair point! But who wants to spend energy/money/time on things that don't make a difference... 

What kind of action would you have in mind paardenkip? Any ideas?
It may be worth some kind of brainstorming, not sure if this forum is the best place but anyways...

If there is a path that's worth following I'd be happy to invest time in it. And I hope many others who like PHS would too!

I think we need a bigger and more active community. Getting this coin to other (big) exchanges would give some exposure.
So im still voting on Mintpal and allcoin. But it seems some other coins are cheating on the voting so we are falling down on those vote lists.

Palmdetroit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 910

PHS 50% PoS - Stop mining start minting

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 10:26:01 PM

Here's the answer:

It would be nice to see the bagholders (those with more than 1% of the coins) step up a little. It's in your interest the most to let this coin succeed.

They likely accumulated at the lows last year, and made their investments back last run-up, and feel to rush to liquidate.

Right now I'm waiting to see what this USD access on Cryptsy will do.

For the 2-10 BTC to bribe exchanges to list PHS, I think it would likely be better to just buy PHS.

Right now it seems the market actually prefers scams and/or pre-mines/IPOs( Cheesy), guess they get more press,.

recent thoughts:

- Funding Optional 1% stake donation to development, give up on asking for donations- could be used for promotions and 3rd party development (games, etc )
- Strengthen Community - Integrated Chat into client, userbase/community have a way to communicate directly. (IE trades, idea sharing, collaborations, etc)

- Initially I thought the PHS distribution was top heavy, but after comparison to the major cyrptos, it's actually not bad. Cheesy

Anyway I'm still around guys and PHS is open source and I am more than happy to work with anyone who wants to add or improve PHS codebase or features.

paardenkip

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 01:40:06 PM

Here's the answer:

They likely accumulated at the lows last year, and made their investments back last run-up, and feel to rush to liquidate.

Right now I'm waiting to see what this USD access on Cryptsy will do.

For the 2-10 BTC to bribe exchanges to list PHS, I think it would likely be better to just buy PHS.

Right now it seems the market actually prefers scams and/or pre-mines/IPOs( Cheesy), guess they get more press,.

recent thoughts:

- Funding Optional 1% stake donation to development, give up on asking for donations- could be used for promotions and 3rd party development (games, etc )
- Strengthen Community - Integrated Chat into client, userbase/community have a way to communicate directly. (IE trades, idea sharing, collaborations, etc)

- Initially I thought the PHS distribution was top heavy, but after comparison to the major cyrptos, it's actually not bad. Cheesy

Anyway I'm still around guys and PHS is open source and I am more than happy to work with anyone who wants to add or improve PHS codebase or features.

I think staking 1% for development is a great idea!
kingscrown

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 03:33:04 AM

chat integrated would surely be good.

sorrros

ludenaprotocol.io

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 07:12:52 AM

I'm with you on the % donation and the messaging.

We could also think about how to promote acceptance by businesses, possibly with an incentive; 50% yearly interest is one of the highest, which if nothing else is done will dilute price.

Why not allocate a higher share of stacking (i.e. 5% or 10%) and build a hefty promotional reserve to be given to merchants accepting PHS? This should obviously need a contract, and possibly a foundation for PHS as legal entity.

Obviously the system should be transparent and agreed in advance to avoid any manipulations later on.
(even community voting; there has been too many abuses /bad decisions by some communities over the past months - take XBC for example. I like to believe the PHS community wouldn't favor short term profits at the cost of future ones...)

In addition, there were alredy a good deal of good ideas back in January:::::

The obvious trait of the currency that will appeal to people is its %50 annual return--for investors and speculators this is a tasty proposition--but who else would greatly benefit from this feature in short-term, but keep the currency moving and promote volume in the exchanges? A few ideas:

-pre or post startup businesses
-small business owners
-independant researchers
-small law firms
-private schools and private universities
-small medical practices

It wouldn't be difficult to compile a small, professional set of brochures and introduction manuals that 1) explain bitcoin and cryptocurrencies 2) convey a serious and professional image for Philsopher Stones to its audience and 3) convince its audience that in the uncertain age we live in, with the collapse of Fiat and the rise of digital currencies, making Philosopher Stones a part of your porfolio or investment strategy is not only sound, but you would be unwise not to do so.

In conjunction with this straight-forward approach, we should consider more unorthodox, guerrilla-style techniques for targeted advertising and exposure.

-Create a newsletter that you send to the above mentioned groups.
-create ads that can be placed for free in small communitity publications such as residential listings, classifieds, public library boards --> target specific communites that are more likely to have investors
-recruit college students to put up fliers, tear-aways, place brochures in classrooms
-send direct, personal form letters to doctors, lawyers, congressmen, senators, and any key personel that are easily looked up
-aggressive social media campaign - twitter, facebook, reddit, etc.
-professional, yet simple website or blog with regular updates regarding PHS and persistant newsfeed regarding crypto
-go further-->ensure that PHS website has charts and streaming market data --> give people a reason not only to come to the PHS site, but give them a reason to stay

::::::::::::::::::::::

Now it's a question of implementing them! I think short wins are to use the PHS arwtork of the Qt in all communication (looks more professional), improve the website and FB page (i.e. a page rather than a person profile, which would be easier to manage by the community).

Palmdetroit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 05:29:29 AM

1.6.4.1 Non mandatory

Bugfix
New wallet image
New seeds

Github will now be the one stop for all your PHS needs (Binaries, Source, Blockchains)

DOWNLOAD Latest QT, source, and chain Here!

Also, http://phstones.com/mobile.php has been updated (faster and works)

Palmdetroit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 08:03:14 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2014, 09:19:28 PM by Palmdetroit

1.6.4.1 Non mandatory

Bugfix
New wallet image
New seeds

Github will now be the one stop for all your PHS needs (Binaries, Source, Blockchains)

DOWNLOAD Latest QT, source, and chain Here!

Also, http://phstones.com/mobile.php has been updated (faster and works)

DOWNLOAD Latest Mac QT
Please donate to Instacash for Mac wallet:
BTC  19P2P5bQFfjEF9TfrD9hc3WedC9kHDqotW

David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 02:18:47 AM

Please, if you believe my post is abusive, PM me and I'll remove it.

Presstab and I are launching an experimental coin, Hyperstake. This is a high-PoS coin and since a lot of high-PoS aficionados are on several coins at once, I believe it would be interesting to tell you.
To buy HYP before Sunday evening, you must buy TRK (you can sell them later if you want, or just stake, up to you). After, market will be the only way (multipool could be considered - this is all about community, experimentation and... fun!).
Hyperstake shall act as a sandbox for other more regular coin, a testbed for technologies. My first hyperstake post lists the various experiment we are conducting.

Please, if you believe my post is abusive, PM me and I'll remove it.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
kingscrown

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 03:54:04 AM

Explorer and RichList
HALL OF FAME

750 PHS - tokyoghetto
250 PHS - ?
200 PHS - alibabacool
100.01 PHS - MXN
50 PHS - paardenkip
50 - ?

so the biggest user has 750 PHS ?

SolidStateSurvivor

Activity: 553

Solo Miner Legend

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 03:26:54 PM

Explorer and RichList
HALL OF FAME

750 PHS - tokyoghetto
250 PHS - ?
200 PHS - alibabacool
100.01 PHS - MXN
50 PHS - paardenkip
50 - ?

I think that is a list of donors. Tongue

Founding member of Hashmeisters Inc...
Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 03:28:00 PM

Explorer and RichList
HALL OF FAME

750 PHS - tokyoghetto
250 PHS - ?
200 PHS - alibabacool
100.01 PHS - MXN
50 PHS - paardenkip
50 - ?

its easy to calculate higher the value , higher the donation.
SolidStateSurvivor

Activity: 553

Solo Miner Legend

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 03:37:53 PM

The block explorer: http://phs.blockx.info/ aint working, right?

Says "inactive" here:
https://who.is/whois/phs.blockx.info

Founding member of Hashmeisters Inc...
kingscrown

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 09:51:15 PM

Explorer and RichList
HALL OF FAME

750 PHS - tokyoghetto
250 PHS - ?
200 PHS - alibabacool
100.01 PHS - MXN
50 PHS - paardenkip
50 - ?

its easy to calculate higher the value , higher the donation.

ahh i misunderstood, its donations not 'richlist'.
all good Wink

Steach

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 05:06:21 PM

Go pump phs!!!! Grin
breakbeater

Activity: 444
Merit: 250

Life is a bitch, get used to it...

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 06:57:11 PM

Why to pump?
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: