Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:58:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty Rewards: Sell immediately or HODL?  (Read 7097 times)
brilowed

Activity: 150
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 06:36:01 PM

I think it all depends on how much you believe in the success of the company.  If this is a successful company for you, then it is worth keeping the coins.
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zenifertran

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 11:00:14 PM

I'm doing these bounty campaigns for a bit of fun and to give my mind a bit work to do, creatively speaking.  So my mindset for any bounty tokens is just to HODL and allow the devs to implement their roadmap and take the project through to completion.  I think this will give the best realisation of value on the tokens.  Sure, some may fail and they will likely end up worthless, but since I only invested time, not money, into receiving them
Niklomn

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 06:36:48 PM

You can sell tokens at once, so that the profits can be invested in more promising coins.  I think this is a good choice.
sercio3178

Activity: 81

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 07:39:30 PM

I usually prefer holding,but sometimes when I urgently need some money I can sell a small part of my bounty rewards.If I notice that the project is going to be a  scam,I sell  their coins immidiately. You have to think to yourself that at the same time you are receiving your bounty tokens, others have just invested in hopes that the price will increase. Almost nobody invests out of shear support ...
mercinek344

Activity: 97

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 08:46:50 PM

I think it's better to hold it at least until the price of the reward token you get is equivalent to the ICO price so you do not feel wasted the time you've spent during the bounty campaign especially , if the duration of the bounty campaign takes more than 2 months
greenklo

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 08:51:39 PM

I think it's better to hold it at least until the price of the reward token you get is equivalent to the ICO price so you do not feel wasted the time you've spent during the bounty campaign especially , if the duration of the bounty campaign takes more than 2 months
I think you're right.  If you hold good tokens, then after a while the price of these tokens will grow.
mundang

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 03:04:46 AM

Sell them immediately cause some bounty campaign  once they hit exchanges they will go up for a while that will be the opportunity to sell your bounty tokens while it is  high before they dumped the price
petrovkirill808

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 06:39:32 AM

I've been doing bounty campaigns only since December 2017.  Not long, in the scheme of things.  But one thing that truly surprised me during the last couple of months is the number of bounty hunters who look to sell their tokens ASAP.  At first, I didn't understand why, but I think I'm beginning to.

For me, I'm doing these bounty campaigns for a bit of fun and to give my mind a bit work to do, creatively speaking.  So my mindset for any bounty tokens is just to HODL and allow the devs to implement their roadmap and take the project through to completion.  I think this will give the best realisation of value on the tokens.  Sure, some may fail and they will likely end up worthless, but since I only invested time, not money, into receiving them, I'm not really worried.

So with that mindset, I struggled to understand why so many people were eager to offload their bounties at the earliest opportunity.

But over the weekend, I sat down and did some calculations on the accumulated bounty rewards I'm expecting to receive.  Each bounty by itself was a modest return, but when combined in totality, it was a sizeable amount.  And that's when it struck me...

Lots of people who live in less fortunate parts of the world, particularly in areas with high unemployment, probably NEED to sell their bounty rewards to put food on the table and pay their bills.

But I really don't know if my assumptions are correct.  So, my question to you is...

Do you sell your Bounty Rewards straight away or HODL?  Any insight into your reasons would be appreciated.

## If this post has been thought provoking for you, I'd really appreciate a bit of Merit in return ##

I sell my coins only if their price is slightly lower than the ICO price
if the price is 3-5-10 times lower then unambiguously HODL!
mardaed

Activity: 994
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 07:05:46 AM

I've been doing bounty campaigns only since December 2017.  Not long, in the scheme of things.  But one thing that truly surprised me during the last couple of months is the number of bounty hunters who look to sell their tokens ASAP.  At first, I didn't understand why, but I think I'm beginning to.

For me, I'm doing these bounty campaigns for a bit of fun and to give my mind a bit work to do, creatively speaking.  So my mindset for any bounty tokens is just to HODL and allow the devs to implement their roadmap and take the project through to completion.  I think this will give the best realisation of value on the tokens.  Sure, some may fail and they will likely end up worthless, but since I only invested time, not money, into receiving them, I'm not really worried.

So with that mindset, I struggled to understand why so many people were eager to offload their bounties at the earliest opportunity.

But over the weekend, I sat down and did some calculations on the accumulated bounty rewards I'm expecting to receive.  Each bounty by itself was a modest return, but when combined in totality, it was a sizeable amount.  And that's when it struck me...

Lots of people who live in less fortunate parts of the world, particularly in areas with high unemployment, probably NEED to sell their bounty rewards to put food on the table and pay their bills.

But I really don't know if my assumptions are correct.  So, my question to you is...

Do you sell your Bounty Rewards straight away or HODL?  Any insight into your reasons would be appreciated.

## If this post has been thought provoking for you, I'd really appreciate a bit of Merit in return ##

For bounty rewards of course you need to wait where or when is the listing. You need to find out also if its worth selling because after the ICO end its consider that price is not profitable. But if you`re not gonna need it then you can HODL it till the price is fix.
jakezyrus

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 09:24:06 AM

For bounty rewards of course you need to wait where or when is the listing. You need to find out also if its worth selling because after the ICO end its consider that price is not profitable. But if you`re not gonna need it then you can HODL it till the price is fix.

most bounty hunters do dispose thier coins after they reiceved it , that is also the reason that most ico coins did fell after they hit on an online exchange . only few die hard bounty hunters will kept on hodling thier precious coins because they hope that that their coins can still pump on the long run .

though in my case i do keep on hodling my coins whenever i recieve them from a bounty because i  know that my alts will have a good future  because i only joined the best bounty .

another reason that i prefer to hodl my coin in a long time its because i dont need  money so far because i do also have other jobs pr sideline to support my daily needs .
aigor9994

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 10:24:59 AM

immediately I sell.
already regretted several times when choosing a strategy
I think that a lot of coins become zero
Genesis Crypto

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 07:16:22 PM

This is a very interesting question. Some people sell half, and half Hodl. In fact, this is one of the most difficult moments when you need to sell. If a good price and you are satisfied, then you can sell immediately. Also, you can wait for the first pump
DanielBTT

Activity: 86

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 01:58:21 PM

It depends on the quality of the bounty in which you participate, you can not say unequivocally. In the first queue, you need to analyze the ISO project itself and decide whether it has a future. You might wanna hold these coins for a longer period of time, dispossing them off that easily might not be a very good idea  because some may turn out toobe valuable
XG

Activity: 286
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 02:33:24 PM

depending on what bounty I follow, if the bounty does not have a good prospect in the future I will definitely sell the coin that I get from the bounty, but if in the future coin from bounty have a chance to increase the price I definitely hold the coin
Jumita2003

Activity: 21

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 12:25:51 AM

After all, I am not in dire need of money to support my basic existence. I have the luxury to try to allow the project which I promoted to gradually accomplish their goals. It actually takes time for a project to reach their objectives, and along with this, for their tokens to acquire a higher value.
Artos893

Activity: 183

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 08:23:29 AM

Now probably it's better to immediately sell tokens, because the price very quickly falls on these tokens and you will get less profit.
blinkin

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 11:31:31 AM

If the market is unstable, it is better to immediately sell tokens because if you hold the tokens on a long term, the price will fall very much.
keramzit

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 11:39:54 AM

I think if you hold tokens a couple of months, the price of these tokens will increase significantly.
shushle

Activity: 336
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2018, 11:43:43 AM

Sad if I had kept the tokens, then they become even more expensive. Each listing, news increased the price. The situation is different this year. The price of tokens falls a couple of days after the start of trading. This happens with very interesting and promising projects.

│   F Λ N C H Λ I N   by SportsCastr   │     A sports token that knows your favorite team
(     Private Sale OPEN on QRYPΓOS     )          ►   WHITEPAPER   ◄
[   TWITTER     FACEBOOK     REDDIT     ANN THREAD     TELEGRAM     INSTAGRAM   ]
kilimanjaro54

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 01:30:00 PM

I think if you believe in the success of the company, it is better not to sell tokens at once.  Perhaps in the future this company will be successful and the price of tokens will grow several times.
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 »
  Print  

Jump to: