Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:49:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty Rewards: Sell immediately or HODL?  (Read 7097 times)
Gamblet

Activity: 476
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 09:12:45 PM

It depends on the project. If the project looks promising and the team is active, then you can not sell this token. If the project was not promising, it's better to sell it as early as possible.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
anonymous2020

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 09:18:38 PM

I've been doing bounty campaigns only since December 2017.  Not long, in the scheme of things.  But one thing that truly surprised me during the last couple of months is the number of bounty hunters who look to sell their tokens ASAP.  At first, I didn't understand why, but I think I'm beginning to.

For me, I'm doing these bounty campaigns for a bit of fun and to give my mind a bit work to do, creatively speaking.  So my mindset for any bounty tokens is just to HODL and allow the devs to implement their roadmap and take the project through to completion.  I think this will give the best realisation of value on the tokens.  Sure, some may fail and they will likely end up worthless, but since I only invested time, not money, into receiving them, I'm not really worried.

So with that mindset, I struggled to understand why so many people were eager to offload their bounties at the earliest opportunity.

But over the weekend, I sat down and did some calculations on the accumulated bounty rewards I'm expecting to receive.  Each bounty by itself was a modest return, but when combined in totality, it was a sizeable amount.  And that's when it struck me...

Lots of people who live in less fortunate parts of the world, particularly in areas with high unemployment, probably NEED to sell their bounty rewards to put food on the table and pay their bills.

But I really don't know if my assumptions are correct.  So, my question to you is...

Do you sell your Bounty Rewards straight away or HODL?  Any insight into your reasons would be appreciated.

## If this post has been thought provoking for you, I'd really appreciate a bit of Merit in return ##
[/quote
Like you I am also doing bounty campaigns and whenever I got my reward o immediately look at the price and when the price satisfies me..I did sell my tokens,,not because I'm afraid that the price may go down. But because I badly  need it for financial assistance some of us here were doing this not for fun but for financial needs..
Bajula

Activity: 166
Merit: 16

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 09:22:07 PM

Why are you gonna seel them imediately? came on, be a little bit more patient and try to wait for a higher profit in a few months later after you receive them
daicavung

Activity: 280

The Protocol for the Audience Economy

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 09:26:22 PM

You should hold them for a while, now the market is going down very deep, the price of the coin is severely reduced so holding is the safest method for you.

meikelcoin

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 04:19:12 AM

Never sell your earned coins immediately after entering the stock exchange, you can miss the departing train. It is better to leave these coins for a couple of month, and then you can think about selling
jokerblack

Activity: 125
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 01:00:28 PM

I advise you to hold the coins for a couple of months.  Usually, after such a time, the price either starts to rise or starts to fall.
huyentrang08000

Activity: 77

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 01:02:24 PM

If the project is successful, then of course I keep it and, if possible, buy it.
Arlette Foxsparkle

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 01:13:19 PM

I've been doing bounty campaigns only since December 2017.  Not long, in the scheme of things.  But one thing that truly surprised me during the last couple of months is the number of bounty hunters who look to sell their tokens ASAP.  At first, I didn't understand why, but I think I'm beginning to.

For me, I'm doing these bounty campaigns for a bit of fun and to give my mind a bit work to do, creatively speaking.  So my mindset for any bounty tokens is just to HODL and allow the devs to implement their roadmap and take the project through to completion.  I think this will give the best realisation of value on the tokens.  Sure, some may fail and they will likely end up worthless, but since I only invested time, not money, into receiving them, I'm not really worried.

So with that mindset, I struggled to understand why so many people were eager to offload their bounties at the earliest opportunity.

But over the weekend, I sat down and did some calculations on the accumulated bounty rewards I'm expecting to receive.  Each bounty by itself was a modest return, but when combined in totality, it was a sizeable amount.  And that's when it struck me...

Lots of people who live in less fortunate parts of the world, particularly in areas with high unemployment, probably NEED to sell their bounty rewards to put food on the table and pay their bills.

But I really don't know if my assumptions are correct.  So, my question to you is...

Do you sell your Bounty Rewards straight away or HODL?  Any insight into your reasons would be appreciated.

## If this post has been thought provoking for you, I'd really appreciate a bit of Merit in return ##

You know what it depends upon to you if you want to hold it or sell it....  Well everyone of us has their own personalized strategy with regards of our coin....  Maybe for you it much better to hold it until the price of that certain coin will pump or you will sell it immediately.... Well the are just practical.... Instead for waiting it why not selling it....  But the truth is, it is better to hold it than being a panic seller...  But it depends to you after all thats your strategy.....
mrspumpkin

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 03:47:49 PM

If you believe in the project and team's, then you don't need to sell it immediately. But some people need to sell tokens for a living,  and I am one of them.
thanhha06500

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 05:07:40 PM

I am always holding for a while. And the results were always good. The price usually drops after the ICO when the bounty hunters are selling. I am usually waiting a month or two
davidmckillip

Activity: 65

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 05:21:33 PM

First of all, if you are selling your rewards immediately you dumping coin and doing something bad to this project. So I prefer to hold.
adutlf88xn

Activity: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 08:11:31 AM

I think they should sell the rewards from the bonus campaigns. Because it almost always goes down after being distributed except for some future projects. So, the best way is to sell everything, but pay attention to the potential of the project, it can help you get N times reward.
culberth

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 08:25:18 AM

When the coin listed on exchange, I will sell if the coin price high enough or I doubt that the coin will dump. Also I will hold if the coin has potential to grow up again even if it dump by bounty and airdrop hunter.
Hoenya

Activity: 252

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 08:33:25 AM

inthink that what to do next is dependednon a lotoof different conditions, first of all onyour finance state and on your strategy

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol
Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING
[https://tokensale.w12.io/]
Hoenya

Activity: 252

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 08:34:19 AM

It depends of how good the bounty project is. If it is promising project like Enlte - it will be better to hold it and get a lot of profit Smiley If not, you should sell it right after tokens be listed of some exchange.
indoubt that you will be glad to lose everything, so think carefully about bounty campaign of airdrop you are going to take part in

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol
Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING
[https://tokensale.w12.io/]
Gabus

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 08:41:14 AM

If you are confident with the project that it can grow potentially to the fullest in the future,the best thing to do is to hold until the develoepers has fully developed the coins,which may take a couple of months or even a year so then the price of your tokens would be huge x100 or more would be possible so i suggest every bounty hunters to hold these bounties for longer.
h31s3nb3rg

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 08:44:46 AM

Holding your bounty reward is the most practical way to keep it . By means of that , there's a good chance that you may earn a great profit when that coin has a good potential after a months or so . And because of that strategy you can analyze correctly the movement of your coin and you can decide properly about your plans on your investment.
Dimanman113

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 08:49:43 AM

Yes, many immediately sell the award immediately, so they do not believe in the project or need money urgently! When I know that the project is good and successful, I leave the tokens for a long time! But I also participate in bounties, in which I'm not sure there will be a future, but pay a lot, such tokens I immediately sell as soon as come and buy other more promising coins!
iASIC

Activity: 308

AMA BCT

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 09:54:51 AM

I think it's a good idea to keep the time, because when you trade the tokens very low, they probably will drop more than the ICO, so be patient, do not rush to sell you lose.
gloporo

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 12:58:07 PM

I think it's better to hold coins, especially if these coins are promising.  Very often after a few months the price of these coins grows at least 2 times.
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »
  Print  

Jump to: