Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:25:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty Rewards: Sell immediately or HODL?  (Read 7097 times)
tyoA7X

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 07:07:02 AM

Before you decide to sell or hold it. I suggest you do your own research about tokens / coins you get from bounty, always see the development of tokens / coins in the market. If you think the coin has the potential to increase, it's better to hold it for a while but if you think the coin is just a shitcoin, it's better to sell it, because holding is just a waste of time.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄     
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
█████    ███████    █████
█████    ███████    █████
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
.JOIN NOW.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wardpeach2k2

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 07:08:02 AM

credit. seele
beezare

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 07:31:30 AM

when I get token from bounty then I will see the price in market, if have high price then I will sell it and if have good movement and good prospect to develop then I will hold it and invest
tinemaeda

Activity: 27

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2018, 07:33:14 AM

I guess that depends on the project. If it's really a good project and worth holding then I will hold is as long as I can.
tankovod

Activity: 79

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 09:26:33 AM

I think it's better to hold the coins until the market has recovered.  I do not see the point of selling at a low price.
marados

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 09:29:35 AM

If you trust in the project that you signed up for, definetly HODL. Keep in mind, when you get bounty tokens, they are priced for ICO price, and if project has great potential it might go x10 easily in couple of months, sometimes even in couple of weeks. So would be really better to hold those tokens if there is no need to cash them out stright away.

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
Telegram   Medium   GitHub   Twitter   Reddit   LinkedIn   Facebook
dvverrts

Activity: 47

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 09:32:09 AM

I believe that if you need this profit critically, it is better to sell immediately, well, or a part. And if not, then better hold.
jpoker272727
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 09:56:31 AM

If I believed that the reward token I received from bounty will become profitable in hodling for long term then I am hodling it. But most of the token I received I am selling immeditaely once listed in exchange because it is common that the price is dumping in several reasons, like investors immediately seling their token if they already get a profit and jump to anither ICO and mostly bounty hunters are also selling immediately to convert into fiat specially those making bounty campaign as their source of income.

Hunters are the reason why the price of a coin dump after releases payment. If you will be like others that are getting money easy even at low there will be a big problem.
I am the one who doesn't sell coins right away and keeps it longer and makes the best price out of it.
Sometimes, I do buy and sell in exchange to make my coin numbers more. and once i get my desired number of token i make sure to set a sell wall and leave it.
ranman09

Activity: 756
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 10:02:17 AM

If I believed that the reward token I received from bounty will become profitable in hodling for long term then I am hodling it. But most of the token I received I am selling immeditaely once listed in exchange because it is common that the price is dumping in several reasons, like investors immediately seling their token if they already get a profit and jump to anither ICO and mostly bounty hunters are also selling immediately to convert into fiat specially those making bounty campaign as their source of income.

Hunters are the reason why the price of a coin dump after releases payment. If you will be like others that are getting money easy even at low there will be a big problem.
I am the one who doesn't sell coins right away and keeps it longer and makes the best price out of it.
Sometimes, I do buy and sell in exchange to make my coin numbers more. and once i get my desired number of token i make sure to set a sell wall and leave it.

I also keep hold of a coin until it reaches a high price. I actually anticipate every time the drop in price after release as many bounty hunters do it.
adsas08zbb

Activity: 97

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 03:12:31 PM

Hodl them if you don't need any money at the moment, but if you need money for daily expenses you are open to sell. There is no rules for token holder, but if the token price is rises up don't regret about it.
Bitze
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1042

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 03:33:25 PM

I've been doing bounty campaigns only since December 2017.  Not long, in the scheme of things.  But one thing that truly surprised me during the last couple of months is the number of bounty hunters who look to sell their tokens ASAP.  At first, I didn't understand why, but I think I'm beginning to.

For me, I'm doing these bounty campaigns for a bit of fun and to give my mind a bit work to do, creatively speaking.  So my mindset for any bounty tokens is just to HODL and allow the devs to implement their roadmap and take the project through to completion.  I think this will give the best realisation of value on the tokens.  Sure, some may fail and they will likely end up worthless, but since I only invested time, not money, into receiving them, I'm not really worried.

So with that mindset, I struggled to understand why so many people were eager to offload their bounties at the earliest opportunity.

But over the weekend, I sat down and did some calculations on the accumulated bounty rewards I'm expecting to receive.  Each bounty by itself was a modest return, but when combined in totality, it was a sizeable amount.  And that's when it struck me...

Lots of people who live in less fortunate parts of the world, particularly in areas with high unemployment, probably NEED to sell their bounty rewards to put food on the table and pay their bills.

But I really don't know if my assumptions are correct.  So, my question to you is...

Do you sell your Bounty Rewards straight away or HODL?  Any insight into your reasons would be appreciated.

## If this post has been thought provoking for you, I'd really appreciate a bit of Merit in return ##

very nice thread here. the opening article brings a lot to the point.
sale or HODL? for me it's not so easy to answer. there are several factors involved  Wink
Latviand

Activity: 1540
Merit: 219

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 03:36:15 PM

I've been doing bounty campaigns only since December 2017.  Not long, in the scheme of things.  But one thing that truly surprised me during the last couple of months is the number of bounty hunters who look to sell their tokens ASAP.  At first, I didn't understand why, but I think I'm beginning to.

For me, I'm doing these bounty campaigns for a bit of fun and to give my mind a bit work to do, creatively speaking.  So my mindset for any bounty tokens is just to HODL and allow the devs to implement their roadmap and take the project through to completion.  I think this will give the best realisation of value on the tokens.  Sure, some may fail and they will likely end up worthless, but since I only invested time, not money, into receiving them, I'm not really worried.

So with that mindset, I struggled to understand why so many people were eager to offload their bounties at the earliest opportunity.

But over the weekend, I sat down and did some calculations on the accumulated bounty rewards I'm expecting to receive.  Each bounty by itself was a modest return, but when combined in totality, it was a sizeable amount.  And that's when it struck me...

Lots of people who live in less fortunate parts of the world, particularly in areas with high unemployment, probably NEED to sell their bounty rewards to put food on the table and pay their bills.

But I really don't know if my assumptions are correct.  So, my question to you is...

Do you sell your Bounty Rewards straight away or HODL?  Any insight into your reasons would be appreciated.

## If this post has been thought provoking for you, I'd really appreciate a bit of Merit in return ##
If you prefer selling upon recieving and being listed on an exchanger of your bounty tokens, that okay but you will miss the chance of earning huge profit if ever that token's market value starts to increase. Still. it's a risk and there's no hundred percent assurance that it will always happen. There are tendencies that the msrket value will suddenly fall which is what worries the bounty hunters.
nerlial

Activity: 546
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 03:37:10 PM

If you are sure this project is good then you can leave it for a long time. If you do not believe that this project will exist for a long time, then sell it at the first opportunity.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s   ▐ ╹  Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAPCNSPNRU   WHITEPAPER  ]     ICO ❱ ❱  ❱ Nov. 12 th
facebook   ◥ TWITTER   ◥ reddit   ────  (❪   B U Y   ❫)  ────
namtran694

Activity: 94

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 04:37:51 PM

I am trying to sell my reward of bounties because in my portfolio only some currencies and I don’t want to be distracted by any other coins. This is the question of convenience for me exceptionally.
okeanis

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 12:04:05 PM

Depends on what kind of a coin it is.  But most often it is better to hold coins to get a good profit.
Adunni6758

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 12:49:13 PM

There are some bounty hunters who depend solely on bounty as source of living. That is why most of them find it very difficult to hold So many of them always target when the coin get listed in the market and i the slightest chance of selling, they sell whatever they have and wait until they get another reward from  another bounty. So, we cannot total eradicate the dumping of coins by bounty hunters. Some will hold, while others that are able to hold, will hold.
cris ronaldo

Activity: 96

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 01:31:41 PM

Hold, this will give more than instant sell. Of course the price of your ICO in which you participated as a bounty hunter can highly increase in the beginning of trading and then meet the correction, but longterm(if you choose the right project) it will rise anyway
asd12.123162

Activity: 92

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 03:32:39 PM

Every ICO takes some time to be stable in the market after  its bounties end, so selling reward immediately is not preferable unless you are a risk averse
Yana_1

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 04:03:13 PM

I haven't accumulated a huge amount of bounty rewards really, but what i do have i've just kept in my wallet to see how it does long-term. I look at it as basically free money, so i wouldn't be too upset if it's long term value when to zero. But i'd be way more upset if I sold early & the value skyrockets after i'd sold.
Stormspirit

Activity: 642
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 05:40:56 PM

For me when I receive my bounty rewards I automatically think of selling them specially if the price is reasonable or if I think that the price is equal to the amount of work I have done. I also sell my coins immediately specially if I need the money to pay bills or buy my needs. But whenever I receive my rewards and I don't necessarily need it right away I HODL my coins for a little longer in the hope that it will rise in price and I would gain huge profit from it.
There is a two way to do on your bounty rewards its either you sell the half if you need money as well as it profitable for you as long the price is good. The other is hodl the half because in long term holding maybe the token will goes up and going to the moon and is its profitable cause you had holdings for that the good choice to do
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »
  Print  

Jump to: