Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 08:48:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 104 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty Rewards: Sell immediately or HODL?  (Read 7097 times)
deadmousehat

Activity: 1974
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:46:25 AM

i suggest to hold because the price is low than the ico price.
although we get it for free, we can get multiple profit from it if we can hold a bit longer.
but just for good ico that i believe will successful.
pandanaran

Activity: 1048

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:07:05 AM

HOLD at least until the price matches the ICO rate, many of the bounty hunter sell after the token is distributed so the price reduction must occur after the distribution and often that the price does not match the ICO rate, hold it and be smart hunter.

Babayega31

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:11:29 AM

I hold, through experience, the value of the tokens, though not all, will rise on time. So profitability wise, it is best just to hold and sell when the company has stabilized. It is also a big help for the company if there's no dumping of tokens. Other's can't be blame for their actions though but I wish they can be more participative rather than being self-centered.

But sometimes it better to sell quickly your token reward because most project tht have no real product became a shitcoin and the value down to zero or low price but as of now I'm holding all my bounty reward waiting to increase the price and when that time comes I will sell my bounty reward to gain a profit.

Right since sometimes we can accumulate more with it if the dump comes since mostly the coin dumps when the bounty released to its respected participants, And also we doesn't know if the coin will continue to pump after this token added on exchanges since there's so many things that will likely killed the price. And thats one of the reason why sometimes bounty dumping is good but we should think smart first with doing this.

aussiesloth (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 41

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:31:24 AM

Wow. So many responses.  Many thanks for your consideration and input.  I will definitely be HODLing the vast majority of my bounty rewards, but I do take onboard that some project never really get off the ground and that perhaps selling early is not always out of need, but simply rational decision-making, based on what you see happening with the devs.
romecheo

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:46:41 AM

There are two things that was always happen when someone immediately sold their acquire bounty rewards.

1. Regrets, because if token/coin get more value after few week, they definitely felt this way.

2. Happiness, when token/coin was almost dropped the value to the floor after few weeks. they may say, they made a good decision.

However, it's was everyone free will to decide. But for me, I will HODL all my acquired token/coin for at least another 1 and half years.

▀▀████████████████▄▄         H A V E N      /      HOLD HAVEN. EARN BNB!         ▄▄████████████████▀▀
Community Driven DeFi Project Built on BSC
|    Whitepaper    |      Telegram      |       Twitter       |      [ SafeHaven.Finance ]      |     Instagram     |        Reddit        |      YouTube      |
reynand

Activity: 143
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:53:22 AM

well maybe the best thing is split into two, one convert it to btc/eth and HODL the other one. I will do this option and for me this is the best choices. Even I need for my daily expenses but I am trying to HODL, hope that the price be better.
Pedro18

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:57:07 AM

You should hold it first, because most of the success bounty campaigns are the one is very promising. Specially when the project is very active, their team is working so hard, that is really a promising coin, so you can hold that.
mikyadel

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

Arabic Translator

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:09:17 AM

most bounty hunters sell their coins immediately , but from my prospective if it's a solid project ,then maybe hold it for some time to gain higher profits

caisa88

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 06:43:39 AM

I think it's a mistake to sell your rewards just after you receive the coins.
If you promote a good project, then it is most likely that the price of the coin will increase a lot .
Maybe i would sell like 20% of my rewards if i would really need the money though.

paulmaritz

Activity: 672
Merit: 274

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:58:44 AM

I've been doing bounty campaigns only since December 2017.  Not long, in the scheme of things.  But one thing that truly surprised me during the last couple of months is the number of bounty hunters who look to sell their tokens ASAP.  At first, I didn't understand why, but I think I'm beginning to.

For me, I'm doing these bounty campaigns for a bit of fun and to give my mind a bit work to do, creatively speaking.  So my mindset for any bounty tokens is just to HODL and allow the devs to implement their roadmap and take the project through to completion.  I think this will give the best realisation of value on the tokens.  Sure, some may fail and they will likely end up worthless, but since I only invested time, not money, into receiving them, I'm not really worried.

So with that mindset, I struggled to understand why so many people were eager to offload their bounties at the earliest opportunity.

But over the weekend, I sat down and did some calculations on the accumulated bounty rewards I'm expecting to receive.  Each bounty by itself was a modest return, but when combined in totality, it was a sizeable amount.  And that's when it struck me...

Lots of people who live in less fortunate parts of the world, particularly in areas with high unemployment, probably NEED to sell their bounty rewards to put food on the table and pay their bills.

But I really don't know if my assumptions are correct.  So, my question to you is...

Do you sell your Bounty Rewards straight away or HODL?  Any insight into your reasons would be appreciated.

## If this post has been thought provoking for you, I'd really appreciate a bit of Merit in return ##

I normally do a combination of both - because there are bills that need to be paid, but for most part I just HODL since I only get involved in the bounty programs of cryptos that stand to dominate in their niche and/or market segment.
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:10:20 AM

I've been doing bounty campaigns only since December 2017.  Not long, in the scheme of things.  But one thing that truly surprised me during the last couple of months is the number of bounty hunters who look to sell their tokens ASAP.  At first, I didn't understand why, but I think I'm beginning to.

For me, I'm doing these bounty campaigns for a bit of fun and to give my mind a bit work to do, creatively speaking.  So my mindset for any bounty tokens is just to HODL and allow the devs to implement their roadmap and take the project through to completion.  I think this will give the best realisation of value on the tokens.  Sure, some may fail and they will likely end up worthless, but since I only invested time, not money, into receiving them, I'm not really worried.

So with that mindset, I struggled to understand why so many people were eager to offload their bounties at the earliest opportunity.

But over the weekend, I sat down and did some calculations on the accumulated bounty rewards I'm expecting to receive.  Each bounty by itself was a modest return, but when combined in totality, it was a sizeable amount.  And that's when it struck me...

Lots of people who live in less fortunate parts of the world, particularly in areas with high unemployment, probably NEED to sell their bounty rewards to put food on the table and pay their bills.

But I really don't know if my assumptions are correct.  So, my question to you is...

Do you sell your Bounty Rewards straight away or HODL?  Any insight into your reasons would be appreciated.

## If this post has been thought provoking for you, I'd really appreciate a bit of Merit in return ##

It depends on the project that you're doing bounty for. If you think it's going to hold and increase in value overtime then you should hold otherwise sell as needed. I don't see how selling it as fast as you get it can be profitable. Most people sell it after they get it and it brings value down, so you won't get much profit unless you wait for the right time.  As someone else suggested, you can also keep some and sell some depending on your situation.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Casmania

Activity: 390

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:25:47 AM

I would prefer to hodl my bounty rewards which I think is the best thing to do and wait for the right time where the value of the token progresses more. But if there is really a need to use it, then I would have to take percentage needed token to sell for my need and retain the existing token for the future investment in order to gain much greater amount of profit.
pasagir

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 08:15:06 AM

I think that now all the coins need HOLD!
Because soon the market will recover and everything will grow!
Hatuferu
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

https://trueflip.io/

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:17:19 AM

I will sell some but I will hold more.
When we sell and we are not in big exchanges the price maybe undervalued so you will not get the payment you are expecting.
I have a lot of bounty before but I was weak so I sold at a low price, now the value is already growing and it made me regret.

▃▃▃▂▂▂▂▂▃▃▃▃                                      ▃▃▃▂▂▂▃▃▃                         
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
          ████                                               ████                                   
          ████   █████ █████ ████   █████    █████████       ████       ████   ████  ███████████   
          ████   ▀█████████▀ ████   ████    ████   ████      █████████  ████   ████   ████  █████   
          ████    ████▀ ▀▀▀  ████   ████   ████     ████     █████████  ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ████   ████   █████████████     ████       ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ███████████▄   ████             ████       ████   ████   ████   █████ 
          ████    ████       █████  ███████  ████  ████      █████      ████   ████   ███████████   
         ▄████▄   ████        ███     ███      ██████        █████      ████   ████   █████████     
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                             █▀▀   
Blockchain Fair Games
|
Truly one of a kind games:
MAGIC DICE   CHAIN'S CODE   PIRATE BAY
MINING FACTORY      RAPID TO THE MOON
|

400 BTC
★ PRIZE FUND ★
|

WEEKLY GIWEAWAYS
Join our community!
150% BONUS
First-time deposit
VISA  🔴🌕  50+coins

CERTIFIED RNG
100% TRANSPARENT
PROVABLY FAIR
Diablesfunis

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:17:49 AM

Holding your bounty reward for a few months can get you better result rather than selling it immediately after you got it because the project will be more developed and more people will believe in the project that help raising the value. If you don't need money asap then i suggest holding the coin.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
iLatios

Activity: 327

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:21:17 AM

As I see, after launching the price is higher that two days later. So a lot of people sell tokens immediately. A bit later there is a stabilization and then price may be even higher. Of course, it depends on the project, its idea, product and general market situation.

█        ★★★★★ TrustedCars Flex ★★★★★      
     │ ★★★★★ Changing Car Ownership Forever ★★★★★ │     
█  Website Token Sale up to 25% Bonus ANN Thread Telegram │ 
CryptoMark2585

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:30:45 AM

Sell the token or hold it depends on you ,Some of them I hold not long time, some not. If that coin or token really worth better hold id until the price go to moon. However it is not you personal money, you can join another bounty campaign and you can earn tokens again.
pprun

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:31:10 AM

The world is unfair without any favoritism. Crypto is the same no favoritism in this place specially in bounty rewards. All rewards is according to the specific stake/ tokens to distribute. When the coins is in exchange everyone have the freedom whether to sell or to hold depends on its needs. It depends to every person.
Raymondavid47

Activity: 546
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:36:33 AM

When you get a Bounty reward and see that the coin has not been listed on a good exchange and the coin still has a good future,  you can HODL.
BUT if the coin has been listed on a good exchange and u feel the coin does not have any future again, then you can sell.
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:57:12 AM

I guess it depends on the project of the bounty, but I usually hold at least for 6 months to have a better idea of the future of the project.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 104 »
  Print  

Jump to: