Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 07:14:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 104 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty Rewards: Sell immediately or HODL?  (Read 7097 times)
V-t.Ester

Activity: 532
Merit: 25

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:28:22 AM

It depends on the Bounty. If you feel it's a reliable and promising ICO then hodl for several months to get good profit from the token. But if you see that it's prospectless you have nothing to do but sell immediately.
valnd

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

Until the end of time

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:37:57 AM

I normally sell out some and hold some for a long term. But if the allocation is small I will hold for long term until it gets value then i will sell.
indrofx78

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:39:12 AM

bounty reward sell immediately when the price is good,

leave 30-50% for buy back when its price goes down

and Hold if its future prospect looks good, for future investment
Tapyaks72

Activity: 490
Merit: 28

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:43:18 AM

Sell the token or hold it are all the reasonable choice for a guy. For me, I joined a lot of airdrop or bounty in 2014,  such as mooncoin, faircoin, enerycoin and a lot of other coins.

Some of them I hold not long time, some not.  When I check them in last years. I found nearly 90% of them are not "exist". No treading and no one care about that.

Only a little coins are still alive and give me great return. So I can't say sell or HODL which is a good choice, it is depend on probability.
You are right,many coins will fade away when the years passes,so it is better to sell our bounty rewards immediately,normally the price of many coins will fall from the ICO price when it get listed on exchanges.
So we can sell our bounties immediately if we are in immediate need or we can sell our bounty rewards for the potential altcoin like ethereum or other,so we can hold it for long terms.
It's true that many tokens go through one year, two years later, and then this token is likely to go to zero.
So the best thing to do is to sell them as soon as possible and convert them into BTC and ETH.
Yeah I'm also a bounty hunters when I got my token most of the time I sell it better to hold BTC than some other by ICO will become worthless when time pass by. But still there are also people who are fortunate who hodl because there are ICO who pump up.its only a matter of luck and patience to become succesfull bounty hunter.5

annicketucufaw

Activity: 378
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:44:45 AM

Depends on the price.  But I am holding it for a while,  if the coin struggling to hit 1$ per coin then I need to hold that coin for a long time. If the increase in the value of it within a month reached more than 500%.  I am going to sell half of it and will hold the half so that I can use the money to buy other coins.

Eth address: 0x84da215D0558B308f9804a8b535e43b2f4f8056f
Ronin: ronin:8a9982982d41a808ab5fb7a23139a4164e0cb945
Layonk

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:49:41 AM

bounty reward sell immediately when the price is good,

leave 30-50% for buy back when its price goes down

and Hold if its future prospect looks good, for future investment

Dont sell directly because the price is never good at the first hit the exchanger. If the price good then sell it.
Because you get it wothout buying, holding your coin woth no risk to loss money and maybe it will be become a dragon in the future.
Jezren

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:50:46 AM

Sell them once they hit exchanges because surely it will be dumped but if you believe in that project just buy back at the lower price and hold..
samamatara

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:50:50 AM

I just think about this, when deciding to sell airdrops or bounty rewards. Are there other coins that I can get that I like more by selling this? If yes I sell.
maemunah

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:51:49 AM

Sell the token or hold it depends on you ,Some of them I hold not long time, some not. If that coin or token really worth better hold id until the price go to moon. However it is not you personal money, you can join another bounty campaign and you can earn tokens again.
it's really true that you want to sell or hold it depends on everyone. and I'm better to hold my coins and wait for the good / expensive price that just now I will sell the coins agan I can get a decent profit
endlasuresh

Activity: 756
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 09:54:09 AM

I haven't sold anything till today and started in September 2017 and almost are scams. presently I got good tokens and that will make me happy for the rate of $1 so HODL them asap.
It all depends upon the developer if they didn't developed well, then the tokens are not worth at all. I suggest you to sell the tokens if the company is not big or developed.

For Telugu Translation Contact to me
lelou

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:54:14 AM

It depends in the project of your bounty campaign you joined. If it seems like the project is trash and just like some other campaigns then the future of that project is cloudy and might be a scam in the future. but if the project is unique and the team is trustworthy then it has a high chance of success in the future.
cabrakaned

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:55:34 AM

I think by joining on bounty rewards there are a lot of time lost.... you should rather do something to earn money and then purchase with the first wave bonuses on the interesting ICO's instead of joining on many as they may be not worth the time spent.
novy

Activity: 728
Merit: 110

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 10:11:25 AM

guys,
first of all - don't lose your time on crappy project bounty. Do research before jump in. After that you will see that spent time will cover by tokens. Any good project gives you at least x2 on the start of trading. You can sell some tokens to cover your time. Like a salary))) And keep some if you think that this is a good one! But it is just my opinion, do you own research!

iBlitz22

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:32:09 AM

I also thought of at some point you should HODL you bounties first and don't go with the flow of most of the people who sells their coins immediately and burns or decrease its price dramatically because you might see that the coin you are holding will have a great impact in the near future, but then again it depends of what coin you have and what would be its contribution in the cryptocurrency world.
greggypiggy

Activity: 141
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:48:25 AM

You should start holding your bounties and dont do like what others do because most of people here immediately sells it. It decrease the potential money you will earn if youll sell it as soon as possible. Consider selling bounty reward only if the price is good enough for you to earn but if not, wait it till it goes up again. If the price is good sell some and leave some of it for your future because you never know how high it will rise. Keep considering investment for long term, so keep holding it and wait for the right time for you to earn big profit.
cryptocue

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 12:06:33 PM

I've been doing bounty campaigns only since December 2017.  Not long, in the scheme of things.  But one thing that truly surprised me during the last couple of months is the number of bounty hunters who look to sell their tokens ASAP.  At first, I didn't understand why, but I think I'm beginning to.

For me, I'm doing these bounty campaigns for a bit of fun and to give my mind a bit work to do, creatively speaking.  So my mindset for any bounty tokens is just to HODL and allow the devs to implement their roadmap and take the project through to completion.  I think this will give the best realisation of value on the tokens.  Sure, some may fail and they will likely end up worthless, but since I only invested time, not money, into receiving them, I'm not really worried.

So with that mindset, I struggled to understand why so many people were eager to offload their bounties at the earliest opportunity.

But over the weekend, I sat down and did some calculations on the accumulated bounty rewards I'm expecting to receive.  Each bounty by itself was a modest return, but when combined in totality, it was a sizeable amount.  And that's when it struck me...

Lots of people who live in less fortunate parts of the world, particularly in areas with high unemployment, probably NEED to sell their bounty rewards to put food on the table and pay their bills.

But I really don't know if my assumptions are correct.  So, my question to you is...

Do you sell your Bounty Rewards straight away or HODL?  Any insight into your reasons would be appreciated.

## If this post has been thought provoking for you, I'd really appreciate a bit of Merit in return ##
Maybe you are right most of the bounty hunters wants to load off most of their bounties after they receive because that might be a reason,they dont have money to pay their bills or to buy food.But if you have a decent source of income surely holding these tokens would be worth it because the longer you wait the higher rewards you will get because the developers needs time to accomplish their roadmap.

Kinoman

Activity: 266

Presale is live!

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 12:18:40 PM

You should start holding your bounties and dont do like what others do because most of people here immediately sells it. It decrease the potential money you will earn if youll sell it as soon as possible. Consider selling bounty reward only if the price is good enough for you to earn but if not, wait it till it goes up again. If the price is good sell some and leave some of it for your future because you never know how high it will rise. Keep considering investment for long term, so keep holding it and wait for the right time for you to earn big profit.

I completely agree with you. Everyone who has come into the world of crypto should be able to keep coins and be calm. This will bring you success in a few years.

Electrified

Activity: 286

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 12:37:54 PM

I also thought of at some point you should HODL you bounties first and don't go with the flow of most of the people who sells their coins immediately and burns or decrease its price dramatically because you might see that the coin you are holding will have a great impact in the near future, but then again it depends of what coin you have and what would be its contribution in the cryptocurrency world.
Same thing here, better hold your bounties first  if its good and especially you have your long term goal.  It is very much useful in the near future.  You can use it as an investment or realizing your dreams.  You can earn plenty of coins if you work hard.
aizen10

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 12:46:23 PM

it depends on the situation, because if a bounty campaign has more participant, the rewards are divided onto them, dump are exist and nothing to do with that, so even me i will sell it quick before some of my co-participant sell their coins that can cause of a low value in the market, but if you have more patience to wait until next year, the result will be can earn more profits than the option i choose above.
Ramtapsbtc

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 12:54:12 PM

I've been doing bounty campaigns only since December 2017.  Not long, in the scheme of things.  But one thing that truly surprised me during the last couple of months is the number of bounty hunters who look to sell their tokens ASAP.  At first, I didn't understand why, but I think I'm beginning to.

For me, I'm doing these bounty campaigns for a bit of fun and to give my mind a bit work to do, creatively speaking.  So my mindset for any bounty tokens is just to HODL and allow the devs to implement their roadmap and take the project through to completion.  I think this will give the best realisation of value on the tokens.  Sure, some may fail and they will likely end up worthless, but since I only invested time, not money, into receiving them, I'm not really worried.

So with that mindset, I struggled to understand why so many people were eager to offload their bounties at the earliest opportunity.

But over the weekend, I sat down and did some calculations on the accumulated bounty rewards I'm expecting to receive.  Each bounty by itself was a modest return, but when combined in totality, it was a sizeable amount.  And that's when it struck me...

Lots of people who live in less fortunate parts of the world, particularly in areas with high unemployment, probably NEED to sell their bounty rewards to put food on the table and pay their bills.

But I really don't know if my assumptions are correct.  So, my question to you is...

Do you sell your Bounty Rewards straight away or HODL?  Any insight into your reasons would be appreciated.

## If this post has been thought provoking for you, I'd really appreciate a bit of Merit in return ##
I am joining bounty campaign to earn something after the campaign ends. If i got bounty i will sell it immediately as i need money to support my financial needs. I will still continue to join bounty campaign and if i have excess of what i need to spend then i will hodl the rest. I am just practical here.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 104 »
  Print  

Jump to: