Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 10:49:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 193 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Pool][Profit-Switch][Optional Auto-Exchange per Coin][Vardiff] ~ Hashcows  (Read 347313 times)
johndec

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 05:08:35 AM

Looks good thanks.  One thing though.  Pool stats for last 30 rounds have disappeared.  They're there when you visit the site but disappear when you login.
aTriz

Activity: 1232
Merit: 683

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 05:10:27 AM

Looks good thanks.  One thing though.  Pool stats for last 30 rounds have disappeared.  They're there when you visit the site but disappear when you login.

Fixed!

Eastwind

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 08:31:29 AM
Last edit: September 16, 2013, 09:20:49 AM by Eastwind

It is mining the DMD at the moment.

My hash rate is 3.7MH/s in a rig, the difficulty is 79.k, but the difficulty level is 666, Is it too high?
gica_contra

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 02:45:18 PM

Why no LTC? Right now you are mining GLD which is below LTC in profitability  Huh

What is you fee if I want to transfer coins out rather than convert them to BTC?
nearmiss (OP)

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 02:56:31 PM

Why no LTC? Right now you are mining GLD which is below LTC in profitability  Huh

What is you fee if I want to transfer coins out rather than convert them to BTC?

While LTC may be the most profitable to mine in terms of price and difficulty, with our current hashrate it would not be the most profitable for hashcows to mine.  Until a time we reach a hashrate to have a reasonable chance at finding LTC blocks during an average round time, I don't see a lot of point in adding it to the rotation.   We'd be unlikely to find blocks, leading to wasted hashpower of the miners (technically the shares just roll-over into the next coin round, and count, but the pool would have brought in 0 coins over that LTC period), and less overall payouts.   However I'll consider adding adjustments to switch to it if it reaches a relatively high profitability % to make it too hard to ignore.   I'm always happy to hear other opinions on this though.

The tx fee per coin is listed on the balances page when you cash out.    The pool fee for non-btc based payouts is 2%.

Profit-Switching Pool w/ Vardiff -> http://hashco.ws  Optionally keep the alts we mine or auto-trade for BTC. In addition can be paid out in any of: 365, AC, BC,  BTC, C2, CINNI, COMM, FAC, HBN, MINT, PMC, QRK, RDD, WC, XBC
Stalast

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 05:24:23 PM

Looks ok, better than alternative profit-switching pools but the profitability calculation method sounds very basic.

You should take into consideration things like:

• Trading volume in the exchanges you use. (i.e will you be able to dump large amounts of the currency without making the price plummet?)
  • How stable the cryptocurrency's price is
  • How frequently does the cryptocurrency's difficulty update? (Will we be able to mine here for a worthwhile time without the difficulty skyrocketing because of your hashpower)

Basically, I'm not going to mine with a profit-switching pool until they take into account things like this, or I'd be making much more profit mining on my own, manually.
nearmiss (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 06:14:42 PM
Last edit: September 16, 2013, 06:29:56 PM by nearmiss

Looks ok, better than alternative profit-switching pools but the profitability calculation method sounds very basic.

You should take into consideration things like:

• Trading volume in the exchanges you use. (i.e will you be able to dump large amounts of the currency without making the price plummet?)
  • How stable the cryptocurrency's price is
  • How frequently does the cryptocurrency's difficulty update? (Will we be able to mine here for a worthwhile time without the difficulty skyrocketing because of your hashpower)

Basically, I'm not going to mine with a profit-switching pool until they take into account things like this, or I'd be making much more profit mining on my own, manually.

Without getting into all the specifics, the profitability algorithms take into account any current balances the pool has already earned, and starts calculating profitability after that point (ie: if the pool sold off all its balances of coin X at market price, what is the new price).  We also average out that new price number over a certain depth of coins, to ensure we aren't just taking the highest market order.   That is just for profitability, we then do a similar task when attempting to trade mined coins, also factoring in what the price was (from above) when we first started mining).

Stability of price is somewhat covered above.  Obviously everything fluctuates.

Frequency of diff adjustments certainly has to be taken into account.  There are a few fast adjusting coins that we may mine for a slightly longer window than we should, though the profitability checks do happen fairly frequently, and often even after diff adjustments the same coin ends up ahead.   These kind of adjustments will be fine tuned as the pool grows, and we see the affects of its round times on the outcomes.

Thanks for the feedback!

Profit-Switching Pool w/ Vardiff -> http://hashco.ws  Optionally keep the alts we mine or auto-trade for BTC. In addition can be paid out in any of: 365, AC, BC,  BTC, C2, CINNI, COMM, FAC, HBN, MINT, PMC, QRK, RDD, WC, XBC
oper128

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 06:17:23 PM

How about some API to get basic stats into own monitoring system?
nearmiss (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 06:18:30 PM

How about some API to get basic stats into own monitoring system?

I'd very much like to get an API going, but its a bit lower on the priority list at this point.  Once we've got a few of the more requested stats on the site, we'll look at implementing something via API as well.

qwep
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 06:30:54 PM

Please add the pool https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=279601.0 fool everywhere on pools
Kuroth

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2013, 06:53:42 PM

Ok..  Going to try this pool for a while..  Sooner then I expected I would but what the heck..   Wont know unless I try for myself..

hatto47

Activity: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 07:03:26 PM

While LTC may be the most profitable to mine in terms of price and difficulty, with our current hashrate it would not be the most profitable for hashcows to mine.  Until a time we reach a hashrate to have a reasonable chance at finding LTC blocks during an average round time, I don't see a lot of point in adding it to the rotation.   We'd be unlikely to find blocks, leading to wasted hashpower of the miners (technically the shares just roll-over into the next coin round, and count, but the pool would have brought in 0 coins over that LTC period), and less overall payouts.   However I'll consider adding adjustments to switch to it if it reaches a relatively high profitability % to make it too hard to ignore.   I'm always happy to hear other opinions on this though.

The tx fee per coin is listed on the balances page when you cash out.    The pool fee for non-btc based payouts is 2%.

For mining LTC: It is not possible to use an other big LTC pool and let the Hashcows pool work like a proxy?
swiftshoot

Activity: 200

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 07:04:37 PM
Last edit: September 16, 2013, 07:23:54 PM by swiftshoot

Suggestion to add to the pool:

• Graphs to see progress
  • Add a Block Finder Bonus: Reward the finder 5-10% for finding the block.
  • Per Block or Per Round explorer: See who got paid what for a round.  Nice to have Transparency
  • Per worker info: kh/s, current diff for user, total life shares processed/accepted/rejected
  • Voting system to add new coins: People can post which coins to add and each member can vote on it.
  • Hourly BTC crediting: prices change all the time, once a day is not the best method to cash out.  Could be the lowest price for the day.
  • Show stats on all coins to see their profitability level and rejection/orphan rates.

Do these features sound reasonable?

Build your own Cloud Miner! https://cex.io/r/1/swiftshoot/0/
to Make your BTC Mine for you. 3% referral bonus if you sign up others... please use my referral code if you want to join. You can also redeem your hardware after you get enough GHS.
btc:
ltc:
other altcoins: send me PM for address.
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 09:02:35 PM

How often does the pool check profitability? Also, please add more coins. At the moment SBC and WDC are the 2 most profitable coins to mine by far but their not included in your list an the pool is mining CAP which is currently 12th on Coinwarz.

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
aTriz

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 09:35:47 PM

Suggestion to add to the pool:

• Graphs to see progress
  • Add a Block Finder Bonus: Reward the finder 5-10% for finding the block.
  • Per Block or Per Round explorer: See who got paid what for a round.  Nice to have Transparency
  • Per worker info: kh/s, current diff for user, total life shares processed/accepted/rejected
  • Voting system to add new coins: People can post which coins to add and each member can vote on it.
  • Hourly BTC crediting: prices change all the time, once a day is not the best method to cash out.  Could be the lowest price for the day.
  • Show stats on all coins to see their profitability level and rejection/orphan rates.

Do these features sound reasonable?

Lot's of those features you just listed are already in the works. I posted back on the previous page some of the updates coming. Thank you for the suggestions we will look into adding some of the other things Smiley
I'll relist them for you guys again, these are the things on the top of our list.
- Hashrates per worker
- Pool stats page (top 15 list)
- Improved BTC payout estimate
- One total BTC payment (instead of a bunch of micro payments) (Completed)
- More coins (Including LTC coins)

How often does the pool check profitability? Also, please add more coins. At the moment SBC and WDC are the 2 most profitable coins to mine by far but their not included in your list an the pool is mining CAP which is currently 12th on Coinwarz.

We check profitability every ~5 mintues. We are looking to add more coins, including LTC coins. Our goal is to bring you guys the most profitability, and just so you all know, the pool factors in rejects/orphans for finding the most profitable coin.

OhShBit

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

¡pI∀˥OOʞ ⅄ƎH

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 09:58:08 PM

I like this pool, but it is a little concerning to see 169 shares lost from just one disconnect..
Kujmandosz

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 10:09:51 PM

Please add Cloudcoin to the pool. It is on coin choose.

Thank you

iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2013, 10:11:32 PM

I would avoid adding direct LTC mining at all. It's proven to be shit in the other multipools, honestly it's just a waste of time. Better to mine a 90% LTC profit coin than mine LTC with the pool and find a block only 5% of the time you switch to it. Your pool, though, your decision

aTriz

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 10:17:16 PM

I would avoid adding direct LTC mining at all. It's proven to be shit in the other multipools, honestly it's just a waste of time. Better to mine a 90% LTC profit coin than mine LTC with the pool and find a block only 5% of the time you switch to it. Your pool, though, your decision

Currently we have no plans to mine LTC. As long as its more profitable to mine the alts we will do so Smiley We will look at this in the future if people wish.

I like this pool, but it is a little concerning to see 169 shares lost from just one disconnect..

We needed a quick stratum restart, sorry about that, all up and running perfect now Smiley

OhShBit

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

¡pI∀˥OOʞ ⅄ƎH

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 10:25:45 PM

Quote from: OhShBit on Today at 09:58:08 PM

Quote from: aTriz
We needed a quick stratum restart, sorry about that, all up and running perfect now Smiley

It was just "a little concerning"..  I like how you are always around to address all concerns, whether it be on here or Cryptsy chat.. No faith lost though:)  Keep up the great work!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 193 »
  Print  

Jump to: