Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:30:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 193 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Pool][Profit-Switch][Optional Auto-Exchange per Coin][Vardiff] ~ Hashcows  (Read 347311 times)
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 01:39:16 PM

Since the daily estimates are often very wrong, would it be possible to see somewhere how many actual BTC has arrived into my account from the start of the day up until the moment you check? This would give me a much better indication of what's going on.

Not sure what you mean, the daily estimates are usually spot on, recently maybe not because of the whole TAG fork. BTC actually arrives in you're account once a day. (11:00 EST)

Let me know if I misread what you were trying to tell us Smiley

Not sure if this is what you meant, but I think it means it would be good to have a BTC total in the bank so far today, rather than/as well as, an estimate projecting what hasn't yet happened. If so I agree.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
B.T.Coin

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 06:08:13 PM

Since the daily estimates are often very wrong, would it be possible to see somewhere how many actual BTC has arrived into my account from the start of the day up until the moment you check? This would give me a much better indication of what's going on.

Not sure what you mean, the daily estimates are usually spot on, recently maybe not because of the whole TAG fork. BTC actually arrives in you're account once a day. (11:00 EST)

My daily estimates are usually way too low but now I know that I don't pay much attention to them anymore.
I know there is a daily payout at 11:00 EST, what I mean is that after that payout the balance for the next payout is 0 and BTC is added to that as exchanged coins come in during the day. It would be nice to see that balance somewhere, that starts at 0 after the payout and add up during the day up until the exact amount that will be paid at 11:00, after which the counter is reset to 0 again for the next day.

A fine is a tax you pay for something you did wrong.
A tax is a fine you pay for something you did right.
B.T.Coin

Activity: 332

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 06:11:41 PM

Not sure what you mean, the daily estimates are usually spot on

For example right now it is indicating that today I will make half of what I made yesterday.
I find that very hard to believe.

A fine is a tax you pay for something you did wrong.
A tax is a fine you pay for something you did right.
matauc12

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 07:45:59 PM

Well I hope that they are wrong.... I started on your pool yesterday around 1pm EST with roughly 6mh/s. Got .02 btc yesterday and my estimate says 0.059 btc is what I will get today....  So more than half what I should do in 24 hours with 32hours of mining...  :s
ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 07:48:55 PM

Kuroth and glon...

Do a forum search (top right of your screen) for BBQ in this thread... it's been answered quite a few times already.

The answer is the 5th search item down.

Well that's an answer from September, so maybe something has changed since then regarding the "stratum problems"?

Nope, it's been the same answer everytime someone asked... I'm sure they'd tell us if the incompatibility was fixed.

According to the search the question has only been asked and answered once, in September. What makes you think the answer would be the same every time the question was asked?

You're right... search is dumb.

I did this one by hand looking through all 48 pages:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=293872.msg3156691#msg3156691
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=293872.msg3254585#msg3254585
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=293872.msg3679349#msg3679349

just a note to this. bbqcoin doesnt support stratum as the coin is old BUT it is possible to still support stratum if someone is able to modify the coin code. (e.g. my new stratum + getwork bbq pool bqc.crypto-expert.com (run by the same guys behind cryptopools.com) 1% fee and PPS)

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.
TheQuin

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 08:03:19 PM

Well I hope that they are wrong.... I started on your pool yesterday around 1pm EST with roughly 6mh/s. Got .02 btc yesterday and my estimate says 0.059 btc is what I will get today....  So more than half what I should do in 24 hours with 32hours of mining...  :s

With all due respect for the cows, and I have much, the estimate is best dealt with by some masking tape on your monitor. I was off line for about 4 hours this morning and my estimate has been 10 times less than yesterday since I came back. I've been here since this pool started, many times I have seen good estimates that ended up bad and bad estimates that ended up good. I'd much rather see what actually happened than a guess as to what might.

jerrybusey

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 08:19:55 PM
Last edit: November 30, 2013, 08:39:41 PM by jerrybusey

Well I hope that they are wrong.... I started on your pool yesterday around 1pm EST with roughly 6mh/s. Got .02 btc yesterday and my estimate says 0.059 btc is what I will get today....  So more than half what I should do in 24 hours with 32hours of mining...  :s

With all due respect for the cows, and I have much, the estimate is best dealt with by some masking tape on your monitor. I was off line for about 4 hours this morning and my estimate has been 10 times less than yesterday since I came back. I've been here since this pool started, many times I have seen good estimates that ended up bad and bad estimates that ended up good. I'd much rather see what actually happened than a guess as to what might. It would also give me a better sense of how well your autoexchanger is working so I could better decide whether it is worth my trouble to do certain coins by hand or not.

I agree with wanting to see what actually happened. More specifically, I want to see what proportion of the found number of coins is going to me even if I'm having them auto-exchanged. It's annoying having to pull out my calculator to estimate that each time knowing that you have the exact numbers used to calculate the payouts handy on your end. It would be nice getting that percentage during the current round in particular.

BTC love: 13pBauoSCJBF5Vdb1AuMYg1kDvrKzNSthU
willittobe

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 08:53:55 PM

Agreeing with you all - let's have an "Actual Current Balance" readout alongside the daily estimate (which, as many have noted, is questionable at best). That can't be hard to implement.

aTriz

Activity: 1218
Merit: 683

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 09:07:18 PM

The daily estimates are updated throughout the day numerous times, its a rough estimate of what you will receive, as it is pretty much near impossible to predict what the rest of the upcoming daily rounds would look like considering it's all based on the future of profitability, blocks found, etc. The daily est, goes by what the past rounds tell us, the way our algorithms are set-up, trades occur very often and coins don't get dumped all at once at a set price, we try to bring you guys the best profits we can. We are always looking to improve things, so if we can come up with another way to better this "est" then we will.

When nearmiss and I talk later tonight, we will see what we can get done to bring you guys what you have requested. We appreciate the feedback.

Stay tuned for updates.

TheQuin

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 09:11:48 PM

The daily estimates are updated throughout the day numerous times, its a rough estimate of what you will receive, as it is pretty much near impossible to predict what the rest of the upcoming daily rounds would look like considering it's all based on the future of profitability, blocks found, etc. The daily est, goes by what the past rounds tell us, the way our algorithms are set-up, trades occur very often and coins don't get dumped all at once at a set price, we try to bring you guys the best profits we can. We are always looking to improve things, so if we can come up with another way to better this "est" then we will.

When nearmiss and I talk later tonight, we will see what we can get done to bring you guys what you have requested. We appreciate the feedback.

Stay tuned for updates.

Cool, you guys are great. I'm not really bothered how good the estimate is, guessing is for fools. I want to know what has happened. What has already been exchanged since the last payout.

matauc12

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 09:33:46 PM

Stay tuned for updates.
Well, there is something definitely wrong with me then. In the last 2-3rounds alone, my cumulative estimates are higher than my daily estimate.

It somewhat scares me considering I've had much lower returns than I should have yesterday (for the time frame I mined) and the estimate was actually what I got. So basically, if tonight I get the estimate too, I will have a total of 0.07btc in a time-frame I should have gotten over 0.2btc..

Not trying to push on a button or anything, but the rounds seem to give much much more than what I get/gonna get.
TheQuin

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 09:42:57 PM

Not trying to push on a button or anything, but the rounds seem to give much much more than what I get/gonna get.

I often see round estimates higher than my daily estimate. Estimates are for the fairies, give me results over that any day.

matauc12

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 09:56:04 PM

I often see round estimates higher than my daily estimate. Estimates are for the fairies, give me results over that any day.

The thing is... The round estimates seems much more in line with what I should be getting than what I am getting (a 4hour round worth 0.03btc = 0.18btc over 24hour vs daily estimate of 0.05btc when I should be getting 0.15btc minimum)
jerrybusey

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 09:56:31 PM

While we're throwing out ideas on how the interface can/should show results, I have one other suggestion. It would be nice if in the round history list there were some marker of when (in which round) the day ended. I mean even something as simple as an asterisk and a note that the prior day's calculations/estimates ended 24:58 into this WDC round would be nice.

BTC love: 13pBauoSCJBF5Vdb1AuMYg1kDvrKzNSthU
aTriz

Activity: 1218
Merit: 683

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 09:59:33 PM

Heh, seems that today's EST is completely wrong, looking into it some kind of errors. 

matauc12

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 10:11:11 PM

Heh, seems that today's EST is completely wrong, looking into it some kind of errors. 
Thanks for looking into it.

Didn't wanna go all crazy being my first 24hr-ish in the pool, just seemed wrong to be so much below straight ltc mining with such favorable profitabilities and that manual calculations of pool luck and what not indicated much better profits than the estimates.

Thanks again.
Chemisist

Activity: 99

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 01:09:37 AM

When computing the "profitability" for coins, do you take into account any sort of average stales/rejects from previous rounds mining that coin?  

The reason I ask is because the current round seems to be mining fastcoin which just plain sucks with regard to rejects/stales.  If the profitability of fastcoin isn't taking into account the ~15% rejects this round then isn't its profitability really ~85% of the reported value of 55 x .85 = 46.75?

(The round just changed to wdc as I was writing this post and it may have just answered my question...)

Looking at the current WDC round profitability of 48.2328, I suppose that your profitability calculation is probably accounting for those rejects/stales, though some feedback would be nice!  Also, sorry if this question was already answered, given the flaming that already occurred on this page... the previous page...

btc 1ChemaH12nRmd75M8BmPSiqd8x7B2wxFNF     ltc LaWX7jgJDyQ2oFaQYJvo5kqC1e1KYPoCfd     xpm Ab8NSgxHgGUJvHgSHYqMYBMWai6ZdsA91s
nearmiss (OP)

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 01:35:19 AM

When computing the "profitability" for coins, do you take into account any sort of average stales/rejects from previous rounds mining that coin?  

The reason I ask is because the current round seems to be mining fastcoin which just plain sucks with regard to rejects/stales.  If the profitability of fastcoin isn't taking into account the ~15% rejects this round then isn't its profitability really ~85% of the reported value of 55 x .85 = 46.75?

(The round just changed to wdc as I was writing this post and it may have just answered my question...)

Looking at the current WDC round profitability of 48.2328, I suppose that your profitability calculation is probably accounting for those rejects/stales, though some feedback would be nice!  Also, sorry if this question was already answered, given the flaming that already occurred on this page... the previous page...

Yes we take it into account.  Each coin has a custom 'penalty' applied to its profitability rating based on general stale/reject rate of the coin.  FST is fairly high, so has to be quite a bit more profitable (baseline) for us to hit it.

Profit-Switching Pool w/ Vardiff -> http://hashco.ws  Optionally keep the alts we mine or auto-trade for BTC. In addition can be paid out in any of: 365, AC, BC,  BTC, C2, CINNI, COMM, FAC, HBN, MINT, PMC, QRK, RDD, WC, XBC
Chemisist

Activity: 99

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 01:54:15 AM

Yes we take it into account.  Each coin has a custom 'penalty' applied to its profitability rating based on general stale/reject rate of the coin.  FST is fairly high, so has to be quite a bit more profitable (baseline) for us to hit it.

Alright, thanks!

btc 1ChemaH12nRmd75M8BmPSiqd8x7B2wxFNF     ltc LaWX7jgJDyQ2oFaQYJvo5kqC1e1KYPoCfd     xpm Ab8NSgxHgGUJvHgSHYqMYBMWai6ZdsA91s
alani123
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1415

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 02:20:41 AM

I've tried to cash out some tag coins from my account but they just won't go out...

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 193 »
  Print  

Jump to: