Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:49:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 193 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Pool][Profit-Switch][Optional Auto-Exchange per Coin][Vardiff] ~ Hashcows  (Read 347311 times)
jpmi1

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 01:46:19 PM

I currently mine on middlecoin with around 350 kh/s. Why should I switch? Will I have a larger payout?

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯ RELAUNCH First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ https://poloniex.com/exchange/btc_yin
XPM:AeuQPMAGRLyWbWkVgAtE4JcfSyGHATUkmG
DTC:D9mwyQo9xPAPWCtKYhthnX2uSPivcjKyLN

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 02:19:35 PM

And don't get me started about shit coins!  Cheesy  30-40% stales on your pool.
They are not necessarily "shit coins". They just don't resist well to multipools suddenly throwing 500 Mh at them. Other coins are already incorporating defenses against braindead "profitability mining"

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
nearmiss (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 02:39:13 PM

I've made some more tweaks to vardiff settings.  I'm also going to get a top 10 (or 15 or whatever) hashrate table up today (hopefully), including share info and reject %.  It'll only be for current round, but its a start.  There are 1 or 2 users with an alarming reject rate

Profit-Switching Pool w/ Vardiff -> http://hashco.ws  Optionally keep the alts we mine or auto-trade for BTC. In addition can be paid out in any of: 365, AC, BC,  BTC, C2, CINNI, COMM, FAC, HBN, MINT, PMC, QRK, RDD, WC, XBC
Wipeout2097

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 03:14:54 PM

And don't get me started about shit coins!  Cheesy  30-40% stales on your pool.
They are not necessarily "shit coins". They just don't resist well to multipools suddenly throwing 500 Mh at them. Other coins are already incorporating defenses against braindead "profitability mining"
It's not braindead at all.
Bitcoin and its clones have to be secure and this is why mining is rewarded. If coins fail to be secure, it's their own fault: no one wants to mine them for what they are for.
I'm talking about defenses against sudden hash rate increases and difficulty spikes. This may justify the amount of rejects I see a few minutes after DGC becomes the most profitable

Edit: Furthermore, I'm not sure I like the auto-sell for BTC. I'm doing so atm, but searching for alternatives.

██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
nearmiss (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 03:26:11 PM

Edit: Furthermore, I'm not sure I like the auto-sell for BTC. I'm doing so atm, but searching for alternatives.

one of the alternatives could be to Un-check the 'auto-sell' checkbox for whichever coins you'd like to not auto-sell to BTC Smiley

Profit-Switching Pool w/ Vardiff -> http://hashco.ws  Optionally keep the alts we mine or auto-trade for BTC. In addition can be paid out in any of: 365, AC, BC,  BTC, C2, CINNI, COMM, FAC, HBN, MINT, PMC, QRK, RDD, WC, XBC
gica_contra

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 03:32:09 PM

could you also add the average profitability for a round in the statistics table?
Wipeout2097

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 03:59:22 PM

one of the alternatives could be to Un-check the 'auto-sell' checkbox for whichever coins you'd like to not auto-sell to BTC Smiley
Or manage what and when I mine and trade with my own script, which is work in progress

██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████

██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
nearmiss (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 04:08:54 PM

Or manage what and when I mine and trade with my own script, which is work in progress

Indeed, I'm sure that will work much better for you (obviously). For those who can't or don't want to create their own, Hashcows is here, with at least a bit of choice on keeping coins or trading them Smiley

Wipeout2097

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 04:35:52 PM

Indeed, I'm sure that will work much better for you (obviously). For those who can't or don't want to create their own, Hashcows is here, with at least a bit of choice on keeping coins or trading them Smiley
Oh, I'm not even trying to diss the service that I'm using! Your pool and system is excellent. There are however 3 issues with multipools, where the operators must be careful:
- Non-accurate profitability calculations when choosing coins, or perhaps it's very variable according to one's personal mining setup. I'm not sure that others have similar amount of rejects on some coins.
- Don't blindly dump a lot of mined coins on an exchange at "any" or unfavourable price. It hurts the miner, the pool, the miners that come later and the viability of the coin. I can wait for days or weeks for a coin to be sold, that's if I actually want to sell.
- Multipools should be careful with the massive amount of hash rate they have at the disposal. What will it do to alt-coins, medium-term? Some coins are honestly copy/paste let alone scamcoins (which are way worse at damaging the scene than anything else combined), others bring decent innovation. Most don't resist being thrown spikes of megahashes at them, either due to technical details, being too new or because people stop trading a coin frequently dumped. I actually care about these efforts and the future viability of those coins, besides the obvious self-interest of profit.

I hope it's clear what I'm trying to say and my concerns  Smiley

██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████

██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
nearmiss (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 05:03:43 PM

Oh, I'm not even trying to diss the service that I'm using! Your pool and system is excellent. There are however 3 issues with multipools, where the operators must be careful:
- Non-accurate profitability calculations when choosing coins, or perhaps it's very variable according to one's personal mining setup. I'm not sure that others have similar amount of rejects on some coins.
- Don't blindly dump a lot of mined coins on an exchange at "any" or unfavourable price. It hurts the miner, the pool, the miners that come later and the viability of the coin. I can wait for days or weeks for a coin to be sold, that's if I actually want to sell.
- Multipools should be careful with the massive amount of hash rate they have at the disposal. What will it do to alt-coins, medium-term? Some coins are honestly copy/paste let alone scamcoins (which are way worse at damaging the scene than anything else combined), others bring decent innovation. Most don't resist being thrown spikes of megahashes at them, either due to technical details, being too new or because people stop trading a coin frequently dumped. I actually care about these efforts and the future viability of those coins, besides the obvious self-interest of profit.

I hope it's clear what I'm trying to say and my concerns  Smiley

Absolutely.  Didn't actually take your previous comments as a hit against the pool perse. More just meant, naturally, someone can customize a system to their liking that will perform much better for them! (If they have the skills).

* The profitability factor is something that is always a work in progress.  It changes with hashrate, it changes with outstanding pool balances, there are a lot of factors.  What may be profitable for an individual miner may not be for the pool ect.

* The auto-trade of coins is for sure never going to be as effective as day trading, or just a human in general doing the occaisonal trade, which we post on the site a bunch of times as well.  This was a strongly motivating factor that lead to building the auto-trading aspect as optional on a per coin basis.  A human will generally always be able to come out ahead in short term trades (trade-bots aside). And as you said, a pool such as this has to move coins in a fairly expedient manner to get BTC back to miners, surely less efficient than being able to hold coins as long as needed!

* I had a response to your last point as well, but didn't feel it was coming across quite right.  Needless to say, I've felt similar towards pools like ours over my time in crypto, but also have an appreciation for active dev's who are coming up with clever new adjustments to handle large sudden hashrate spikes.

These aren't meant to be rebuttals or anything, just wanted to say that I share some of your viewpoints, and above is how the pool handles them (for anyone coming along reading this later)

rpg

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 05:18:52 PM

I've made some more tweaks to vardiff settings.  I'm also going to get a top 10 (or 15 or whatever) hashrate table up today (hopefully), including share info and reject %.  It'll only be for current round, but its a start.  There are 1 or 2 users with an alarming reject rate

you have to raise the diff. I'm mining with Q=0,S=1,E=2 and still getting a 13% stale that is worse then yesterday 7%. It's really a waste. I really love your pool and the choice of keeping the coins i want, but not this way
nearmiss (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 05:21:46 PM

you have to raise the diff. I'm mining with Q=0,S=1,E=2 and still getting a 13% stale that is worse then yesterday 7%. It's really a waste. I really love your pool and the choice of keeping the coins i want, but not this way

Can you tell me (or pm if you prefer) your username on the pool?

Thanks

DeckardLain

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 05:55:53 PM

I've got what I think is a simple suggestion for the stats page.  Next to "My Est. Earnings" add a column for "this rate over 24hrs" or something along those lines where the time that round took is divided into the amount of time in a 24 hr period and multiplied by the Estimated Earnings column.  This gives a normalized view of each round that is easy to compare against previous rounds and other coins.  (Plus it will save me from having to do that on my side when a round completes Cheesy)

Example:
Code:
Round #	Coin	Length		M.B.	M.C.	I.B.	I.C.	C.P.O.	C.A.T.	My Est. Earnings 24hrs@rate
693 GLD 00:25:16 0 0 53 2385.6 0 0 0.000265 BTC .01510 BTC
691 GDC 00:09:37 1 1000 25 25000 39.44 960.56 0.000036 BTC .00539 BTC
690 CGB 00:09:53 0 0 4 10 0 0 0.000071 BTC .01034 BTC
687 WDC 00:40:14 59 3702.07 0 0 96.15 3605.92 0.00035 BTC .01252 BTC

easy to see how each of those rounds compare even though they are different intervals of time - also, if you are storing what the Profitability number and difficulty were at the start of each round, this can give you additional data into what those numbers translate into for further tweaking of your handicap system.

I had to post this in the newbie forum earlier, but I was thinking the same thing and I saw this post right after I finished a greasemonkey script to do something very similar and make a few other changes based on personal preference.  Don't get me wrong--I really like the site, but I figure the admins have higher priority items to work on, so until they get around to it, this script might be useful.

Here's what I did:
- Difficulty is recalculated as expected number of diff 1 shares. (same as cgminer)
- Calculates pool rejected % for current round and compares it to user rejected % (green if you are better than pool average, red if worse.)
- Changed estimated earnings to display in uBTC.
- Calculates round profitability as uBTC/hr.

This is what it looks like:
http://imgur.com/3Z3eGdP

And the code is here:
https://github.com/DeckardLain/HashCowMod/blob/master/Hash_Cows_Mod.user.js
nearmiss (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 06:28:14 PM

awesome work DeckardLain, looks great!

Sparhawk76

Activity: 21

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 07:08:37 PM

I currently mine on middlecoin with around 350 kh/s. Why should I switch? Will I have a larger payout?

You have a similar level hashrate to me,  I run between 400 and 450 depending on if Im using my cpu to mine too.  I tried middlecoin ... and found it frustrating for a few reasons at my hashrate. The main one being that with middlecoin's difficulty setting I couldn't get a share in edgewise, and according to their stats I never got over the .2 MH/s recognised traffic ... where here on hashcows I am pretty damn sure I am getting my lower hashrate properly tracked, yes sometimes it is under, but just as often it is over, most of the time its pretty damn close to what my miners say they are doing.

I also did not like that for middlcoin you had to get to BTC0.01 before getting an kind of cashout, no cashout now option or otherwise,  I've still got mined income sitting on middlecoin ... doubt I will mine enough on it to ever get my first payout. On hashcows you can set your payout threshold as low as BTC0.001,  means pretty much a guarunteed daily payout at lower hashrates, had payouts 3 days running, each higher than the last.

Plus I like that it is a new pool, the admins are happy to take ideas to improve the pool for everyone,  yah it does have its growing pains, but overall I am far more confident in this pool than I was with middlecoin ... far more option of control, and tracking of your own stats than what middlecoin allows.

I can't give you any hard numbers as to time mined on middlecoin but I did mine for over 24 hrs there, and have a balance of BTC0.0041. I've made almost double that on my best day mining here, and even the first day I started mining here without a full 24 hrs of mining I had a payout of BTC0.0044.

swiftshoot

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 07:24:04 PM

One IMPORTANT issue that needs to be addressed soon:

- Hourly payouts.  Need to pay out the confirmed hourly batches ASAP.  Cause in 24 hours, it could be 50% lower.  Need to do it within the hour to maximize the profits.

Build your own Cloud Miner! https://cex.io/r/1/swiftshoot/0/
to Make your BTC Mine for you. 3% referral bonus if you sign up others... please use my referral code if you want to join. You can also redeem your hardware after you get enough GHS.
btc:
ltc:
other altcoins: send me PM for address.
nearmiss (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 07:33:21 PM

- Hourly payouts.  Need to pay out the confirmed hourly batches ASAP.  Cause in 24 hours, it could be 50% lower.  Need to do it within the hour to maximize the profits.

Your talking about wanting your BTC paid hourly as opposed to once per 24hrs?

rpg

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 08:21:00 PM

Your talking about wanting your BTC paid hourly as opposed to once per 24hrs?

actual the beauty (and i know is close to impossible) would be to sell the immature coins out of the pool purse and beating everyone else :-)
Sparhawk76

Activity: 21

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 09:44:52 PM

GDC still keeps coming up a fair bit, again with very minimal returns ... any chance you could handicap it further or remove it for now? It seriously earns less than half the second lowest earning coins from what I've seen. 

These rounds are all roughly 10 mins long,

Code:
817	MEC	00:09:34	0	0	8	600	0	0	0.000046 BTC
816 GDC 00:10:18 0 0 22 22000 0 0 0.000015 BTC
815 CAP 00:10:00 5 50 20 200 1 49 0.000032 BTC
814 CGB 00:09:50 0 0 5 12.5 0 0 0.000044 BTC
813 ALF 00:09:42 26 1300.1 60 3000.4 21.11 1278.99 0.00004 BTC
812 GDC 00:09:48 7 7000 0 0 188.68 6811.32 0.000005 BTC
811 CGB 00:10:32 0 0 3 7.5 0 0 0.000032 BTC

As you can see both times GDC came up it earned next to nothing ... this is at approx 440KH/s.

Other than that pretty happy with the pool ... keep up the good work.
aTriz

Activity: 1218
Merit: 683

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 09:52:04 PM

GDC still keeps coming up a fair bit, again with very minimal returns ... any chance you could handicap it further or remove it for now? It seriously earns less than half the second lowest earning coins from what I've seen. 

These rounds are all roughly 10 mins long,

Code:
817	MEC	00:09:34	0	0	8	600	0	0	0.000046 BTC
816 GDC 00:10:18 0 0 22 22000 0 0 0.000015 BTC
815 CAP 00:10:00 5 50 20 200 1 49 0.000032 BTC
814 CGB 00:09:50 0 0 5 12.5 0 0 0.000044 BTC
813 ALF 00:09:42 26 1300.1 60 3000.4 21.11 1278.99 0.00004 BTC
812 GDC 00:09:48 7 7000 0 0 188.68 6811.32 0.000005 BTC
811 CGB 00:10:32 0 0 3 7.5 0 0 0.000032 BTC

As you can see both times GDC came up it earned next to nothing ... this is at approx 440KH/s.

Other than that pretty happy with the pool ... keep up the good work.

Yep, we are going to handicap it even further, maybe even to 100% so we won't see it again. Other than that the pool is doing well, we are looking at a few different options to help fix the issues with the stales.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 193 »
  Print  

Jump to: