Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 12:13:17 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 193 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Pool][Profit-Switch][Optional Auto-Exchange per Coin][Vardiff] ~ Hashcows  (Read 347313 times)
nearmiss (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 03:16:16 AM

why isn't LTC listed on your site?

How do I disable a coin from being mined?

LTC is not profitable to mine with our current hashrate.  In addition, the time we'd spend (on average) to find a block would be better spent (profit-wise) on the 2nd or 3rd best coin (especially while the 2 larger switching pools are busy on ltc).

You can't disable coins from being mined, but can decide what coins you receive and which ones end up traded for BTC.

For all those preaching how much more profitable LTC mining is in comparison, can you please post actual numbers? What was the profitability of mining LTC over the last 3 days for example, Oct 18th, 19th, 20th.  Don't want to hear what it may have been a week ago when you last mined it.    I'm going to try getting this value added to the graph as well, so everyone can get a clear comparison on a daily basis.  Even with the last 2 days being our worst ever by a fairly decent margin, I suspect the difference between it and LTC is not nearly as much as people think, and they are instead comparing to a few days/a week ago.  But as I said, lets gather the data and we can all see. I could be out to lunch Smiley

Profit-Switching Pool w/ Vardiff -> http://hashco.ws  Optionally keep the alts we mine or auto-trade for BTC. In addition can be paid out in any of: 365, AC, BC,  BTC, C2, CINNI, COMM, FAC, HBN, MINT, PMC, QRK, RDD, WC, XBC
massnerder

Activity: 308

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 03:23:28 AM

why isn't LTC listed on your site?

How do I disable a coin from being mined?

LTC is not profitable to mine with our current hashrate.  In addition, the time we'd spend (on average) to find a block would be better spent (profit-wise) on the 2nd or 3rd best coin (especially while the 2 larger switching pools are busy on ltc).

You can't disable coins from being mined, but can decide what coins you receive and which ones end up traded for BTC.

For all those preaching how much more profitable LTC mining is in comparison, can you please post actual numbers? What was the profitability of mining LTC over the last 3 days for example, Oct 18th, 19th, 20th.  Don't want to hear what it may have been a week ago when you last mined it.    I'm going to try getting this value added to the graph as well, so everyone can get a clear comparison on a daily basis.  Even with the last 2 days being our worst ever by a fairly decent margin, I suspect the difference between it and LTC is not nearly as much as people think, and they are instead comparing to a few days/a week ago.  But as I said, lets gather the data and we can all see. I could be out to lunch Smiley

Sad but true....  even with the payouts the past couple days being a lot lower than I am used to seeing, I looked at switching back to LTC today and it seems that I wouldn't really be doing any better than I would staying with the herd.  Moooo!

Better hope BTC price keeps rising though because if it doesn't and this keeps up a lot of us are gonna be switching off our rigs / flooding the market with GPUs before too long Wink
nearmiss (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 03:52:47 AM

I have a question :

I set payout threshold at 0.1, because the exchange I'm using does not allow deposits below 0.1
These transactions are not being credited, but simply refused and lost forever.
Ofcourse were talking dust here, but a lot of dust lost in the blockchain forever makes no sense does it.
Will take a look into it.

Some more :

mec MWGib89zXJequ1PRNFtheirCJuSgFBymAb Debit_ATP 0.038789
mec MWGib89zXJequ1PRNFtheirCJuSgFBymAb Debit_ATP 0.067159
mec MWGib89zXJequ1PRNFtheirCJuSgFBymAb Debit_ATP 0.067159
mec MWGib89zXJequ1PRNFtheirCJuSgFBymAb Debit_ATP 0.067159 ( same amount below 0.1 three times in a row)

I've tracked this down and it should now be fixed, I'll keep an eye out on the next few payments to confirm.  The issue was the scripts where checking that your balance was greater than the threshold, and that the balance was greather than the txfee, when it should have been checking that the balance was greater than the threshold+txfee.  In essence, it saw balance > threshold, but after it took out the txfee it was *not* greater than the threshold.   This only would have affected people who had a very low threshold set, in relation to the txfee for the coin.

If you want to pm me with the addresses/coins this has affected you on (save me digging in the db a bit), I'd be happy to send some coins your way for the trouble of the bug, and reporting it to us.

Profit-Switching Pool w/ Vardiff -> http://hashco.ws  Optionally keep the alts we mine or auto-trade for BTC. In addition can be paid out in any of: 365, AC, BC,  BTC, C2, CINNI, COMM, FAC, HBN, MINT, PMC, QRK, RDD, WC, XBC
B.T.Coin

Activity: 332

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 07:59:58 AM

For all those preaching how much more profitable LTC mining is in comparison, can you please post actual numbers? What was the profitability of mining LTC over the last 3 days for example, Oct 18th, 19th, 20th.  Don't want to hear what it may have been a week ago when you last mined it.    I'm going to try getting this value added to the graph as well, so everyone can get a clear comparison on a daily basis.

+1
That would be a great move. Let's hope we can see it in the graph soon Smiley

A fine is a tax you pay for something you did wrong.
A tax is a fine you pay for something you did right.
swiftshoot

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 10:20:32 AM

Wow woke up to this
0.00785895 BTC/24h @ 3.38 mh/s

My first working was at 15 diff and 70kh/s
second worker at 267 diff and 3310 kh/s

It is sad that we can't stop the decline of Alt Coins.

Build your own Cloud Miner! https://cex.io/r/1/swiftshoot/0/
to Make your BTC Mine for you. 3% referral bonus if you sign up others... please use my referral code if you want to join. You can also redeem your hardware after you get enough GHS.
btc:
ltc:
other altcoins: send me PM for address.
hotwired007

Activity: 585
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 10:28:11 AM

yup - am contemplating killing off my GPU rig now Sad its not even 50% profitable at these rates Sad

This account was hacked & possibly sold during the period of August 1st and October 24th 2017.
Anything done or said in this period wasnt me.
Many thanks to Cyrus for his help restoring access to my account.
nearmiss (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 04:01:36 PM

Added a USD/Mh/s graph to https://hashco.ws/profits.html  so we can see things adjusted for BTC price increases as well.   I originally wanted to combine them, but not all that familiar with google charts api, couldn't get the scales decent enough to show dips/rises for each. If anyone better with charts n such wants to take a stab at it, I can provide the datapoints.

mindragon

Activity: 173

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 04:14:13 PM

Added a USD/Mh/s graph to https://hashco.ws/profits.html  so we can see things adjusted for BTC price increases as well.   I originally wanted to combine them, but not all that familiar with google charts api, couldn't get the scales decent enough to show dips/rises for each. If anyone better with charts n such wants to take a stab at it, I can provide the datapoints.

I have 1Mh on the pool now and getting 0.002 BTC per day.

I have 1.4 MH on Liteguardian and getting 1.2 LTC a day (currently valued at 0.01 BTC / LTC)

nearmiss (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 04:21:20 PM
Last edit: October 21, 2013, 04:32:55 PM by nearmiss

I have 1.4 MH on Liteguardian and getting 1.2 LTC a day (currently valued at 0.01 BTC / LTC)

I realize estimates are important, and people depend on them to check status, but please keep in mind they are just estimates....its rather simple to estimate how much LTC you may earn on an LTC pool, its one single coin with no trading at an exchange involved.  Hashcows estimates have to take in a lot of factors, its a best guess.  I'd prefer we try and at least compare actual payouts if we are comparing to things like LTC.

Also of note, you are being paid out in WDC and MNC it appears, 2 of our more popular coins, so comparing your remaining BTC earnings direct to LTC isn't really a fair comparison to make.

You were paid ~.00562 BTC yesterday, and your LTC payout from above if you had 1Mh/s on it would be .0085BTC.  I can't see if you had only 1Mh/s on hashcows all day yesterday to see whether this is a fair comparison.  Also, again, this excludes your manually paid out coins (I believe WDC is the #1 coin we mine the most for example).

Edit: appears you earned 49.87 WDC yesterday, which at current rates = .00448 BTC, for a total of .0101BTC.  Your MNC earnings appear to have been ~.00028BTC on the day, for ~.01038BTC

Let me know if something above seems incorrect, I may have got the wrong data somewhere.

mindragon

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 04:48:14 PM

I realize estimates are important, and people depend on them to check status, but please keep in mind they are just estimates....its rather simple to estimate how much LTC you may earn on an LTC pool, its one single coin with no trading at an exchange involved.  Hashcows estimates have to take in a lot of factors, its a best guess.  I'd prefer we try and at least compare actual payouts if we are comparing to things like LTC.

Also of note, you are being paid out in WDC and MNC it appears, 2 of our more popular coins, so comparing your remaining BTC earnings direct to LTC isn't really a fair comparison to make.

You were paid ~.00562 BTC yesterday, and your LTC payout from above if you had 1Mh/s on it would be .0085BTC.  I can't see if you had only 1Mh/s on hashcows all day yesterday to see whether this is a fair comparison.  Also, again, this excludes your manually paid out coins (I believe WDC is the #1 coin we mine the most for example).

Edit: appears you earned 49.87 WDC yesterday, which at current rates = .00448 BTC, for a total of .0101BTC.  Your MNC earnings appear to have been ~.00028BTC on the day, for ~.01038BTC

Let me know if something above seems incorrect, I may have got the wrong data somewhere.

Okay that makes sense. I didn't know that the earnings calculator would exclude coins that are not set to auto-trade. I would assume that it would.

I just set it to auto-trade for a test. I will take another look tomorrow at the same time and compare balances.

Thanks!

MD
nearmiss (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 04:54:51 PM

Okay that makes sense. I didn't know that the earnings calculator would exclude coins that are not set to auto-trade. I would assume that it would.

I just set it to auto-trade for a test. I will take another look tomorrow at the same time and compare balances.

Thanks!

MD

I'll add a note somewhere that estimated does not include non-autotraded coins.   On the upside, your example shows hashcows in quite a positive light compared to LTC.  0.01038 vs .0085 per Mh/s.  I'd wish that kind of comparison on everyone @ hashcows every day Smiley

Epeus

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 07:39:26 PM

I've tracked this down and it should now be fixed, I'll keep an eye out on the next few payments to confirm.  The issue was the scripts where checking that your balance was greater than the threshold, and that the balance was greather than the txfee, when it should have been checking that the balance was greater than the threshold+txfee.  In essence, it saw balance > threshold, but after it took out the txfee it was *not* greater than the threshold.   This only would have affected people who had a very low threshold set, in relation to the txfee for the coin.

If you want to pm me with the addresses/coins this has affected you on (save me digging in the db a bit), I'd be happy to send some coins your way for the trouble of the bug, and reporting it to us.

Thanks for solving the issue !
Don't bother sending me the missing dust. Only WDC and MNC were affected. You can donate some coins to the pool for me.  Smiley

I did notice something else (oh-no, here we go again Grin)
MNC maturing behaves in an illogical way :
We have round 2894 matured, and another much older round 2881 still unmatured as I type.
Any thoughts ?

Note to all doomsdayers :
Ofcourse alts are tanking because of the high BTC price. Think $$$. Save up your coins for now, or sell them yourself at a high price on your exchange. Patience is the keyword.
This pool is doing great !

nearmiss (OP)

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 11:56:02 PM

I've tracked this down and it should now be fixed, I'll keep an eye out on the next few payments to confirm.  The issue was the scripts where checking that your balance was greater than the threshold, and that the balance was greather than the txfee, when it should have been checking that the balance was greater than the threshold+txfee.  In essence, it saw balance > threshold, but after it took out the txfee it was *not* greater than the threshold.   This only would have affected people who had a very low threshold set, in relation to the txfee for the coin.

Thanks for solving the issue !
Don't bother sending me the missing dust. Only WDC and MNC were affected. You can donate some coins to the pool for me.  Smiley

I did notice something else (oh-no, here we go again Grin)
MNC maturing behaves in an illogical way :
We have round 2894 matured, and another much older round 2881 still unmatured as I type.
Any thoughts ?

Note to all doomsdayers :
Ofcourse alts are tanking because of the high BTC price. Think $$$. Save up your coins for now, or sell them yourself at a high price on your exchange. Patience is the keyword.
This pool is doing great !

Thanks for the positive words about the pool.  Its definitely a rough time for alts all around.  I know I'll be keeping some of my mined coins these days for (hopefully) happier times in the near future.  Don't forget that hashcows gives you that flexibility!    Regarding the MNC round, I caught that one as well.  This is usually caused by an orphan block, though this round certainly has more than just one or two in a stuck state.  I took a look, and sure enough, it appears we orphaned a whole lot of blocks in a row (presumably a minor fork/readjustment at the time, I can only assume, especially given things were obviously smooth with the later round). 

I've manually made the adjustment to get the rest of this round paid out/traded. 

AbiTxGroup

Activity: 447

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 12:39:29 AM

Thanks for the work that you have been doing on the server nearmiss. 

Today again looks like we may not have a decent payout and after losing money for the past three days (power use vs btc earned), I'm moving to another pool that my other workers have been on.  Not a big profit there, but not losing money.  Of course, if this continues, I 'll probably make a new gaming computer and then sell off the rest of the GPU miners.

Good luck all.
mindragon

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 02:53:30 AM

Today again looks like we may not have a decent payout and after losing money for the past three days (power use vs btc earned), I'm moving to another pool that my other workers have been on.  Not a big profit there, but not losing money.  Of course, if this continues, I 'll probably make a new gaming computer and then sell off the rest of the GPU miners.

Good luck all.

While it is entirely possible that 'BTC could go to the moon' and never drop below $100 usd again...prior history suggests that we will see a couple more dips and rises before BTC becomes a stable, mature currency. Even in ancient days, the early US dollar would have variable exchange rates against the British Pounds. Similarly, I would suggest that the altcoins could rise yet again.

MD
dadach

Activity: 365

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 09:55:20 AM

Good luck all.

While it is entirely possible that 'BTC could go to the moon' and never drop below $100 usd again...prior history suggests that we will see a couple more dips and rises before BTC becomes a stable, mature currency. Even in ancient days, the early US dollar would have variable exchange rates against the British Pounds. Similarly, I would suggest that the altcoins could rise yet again.

MD

btc isnt ever looking back. 100? no chance...

To DA Moon!!! donations accepted >.< 38nvHaNqF5nv4ifhUyq9CChnBmRs2DSv4r
MrJay

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 09:58:10 AM

Good luck all.

MD

btc isnt ever looking back. 100? no chance...

Do you not think this looks like another bubble?  It might not drop back to 100, but I think it will drop a bit, 140-150 ish, maybe lower.
atp1916
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 11:45:24 AM

I definitely think BTC will head back down (not crash).. eventually.

Scrypt and its alts are here to stay.
hotwired007

Activity: 585
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 12:02:53 PM

I suspect that if BTC heads upwards... its quite likely that the alt coins will either die or join it...

This account was hacked & possibly sold during the period of August 1st and October 24th 2017.
Anything done or said in this period wasnt me.
Many thanks to Cyrus for his help restoring access to my account.
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2013, 12:34:42 PM

I suspect that if BTC heads upwards... its quite likely that the alt coins will either die or join it...

FWIW my technical analysis of the BTC/USD is that it is in a series of measured moves up. Possible pullback to 191 and next target 222. Alts on the other hand all look bearish. Of course that can all change at any time.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 193 »
  Print  

Jump to: