Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 05:26:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 508 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread [Self-Moderated]  (Read 771097 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
LorenzoMoney

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 05:17:42 PM

There is nothing inherently bad about insider trading. In fact, some economists say that insider trading should be permitted.
The evidence does not reek or suggest any insider trading.
If people with special knowledge of an imminent announcement of a new deal, or that chips were produced and ready for sale, or that delivery of finished machines was going to be announced, and they started buy stock before the announcement to take advantage of a low pre-news announcement price, that would be insider trading.

What we see with ActM is simply people who were on the board, who are angry and/or at Ken (rightfully so, given that Ken doesn't always listen to advice) who decided, most due to emotion, to liquidate their shares.  I have also spoken with some of these "insiders" and they have said that they still believe in Ken's long term vision, but are frustrated in the short term.

To make the accusation that insider trading is going on, without evidence, without even invented evidence is sort of icebreakerish/crumbish behavior. Attacks without backing are childish.

The term "insider trading" is usually associated with doing something wrong, with lying and cheating, so making that accusation is inciteful and not insightful.

My feeling is that the advisory board got frustrated, and they took their bats and balls and went home and then got angry and disgusted and then got rid of their team jerseys.

Also, the bitcoin community is always looking for the next big thing which will make them all rich beyond belief, and now NeoBee is it. People are selling other stocks to have funds to get into the NeoBee IPO.

Ken has publicly shared the Active Mining timeline, and although, I too am impatient, and would like more regular public statements from Ken, it is impatience and lack of communication which has caused the lack of short term confidence in ActM.

Look at the holdings of the major shareholders of ActM on BF. None of them have liquidated.

You've got to admit it reeks of insider trading...

https://twitter.com/Lorenzo_Money -- Bitcoin Address: 1EttqaSSCksRAXrwejoChs5zmGjSikN9mC -- http://lorenzomoney.wordpress.com/
The Bulk of mankind is as well equipped for flying as thinking. - Jonathan Swift
DOGE COIN address: DSYMgD1HfmJFwNuc6Zvhp7PkrVD1QRBsgu
knybe

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

decentralize EVERYTHING...

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 05:20:00 PM

I guess Ken has proven here that I am wrong.  I have zero marketing capability because I believe in originality and not poor photoshopping skills that nobody even falls for.  I apologize for my lack of life experience, Ken.

Most of the selling this morning has been me.  I have been so blown away by his poor behavior in PMs last night that I think this stock is going to be properly priced at .001.  This would require  $1.2 million in PROFIT (not sales) to pay off the share price.  

It is simply too hard for me to imagine that this man is capable of making this with his ignorant and childish marketing methods.  Rising difficulty levels are a small barrier compared to his lack of ability.  

The only reason he has some sales (not nearly enough we need) is because we funded him $1million for a great chip from eASIC.  That is ALL he has going for him, and everything else he does is shit.

Well this is great fucking news to wake up to.
VinceSamios

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 05:26:24 PM

To make the accusation that insider trading is going on, without evidence, without even invented evidence is sort of icebreakerish/crumbish behavior. Attacks without backing are childish.

The term "insider trading" is usually associated with doing something wrong, with lying and cheating, so making that accusation is inciteful and not insightful.

My feeling is that the advisory board got frustrated, and they took their bats and balls and went home and then got angry and disgusted and then got rid of their team jerseys.

To say I don't have evidence is absurd - I spoke to two AB members directly - to say sharing this information is childish is... I'm not sure... a bit of a backwards comment really. I'm asking for clarification essentially on behalf of all shareholders.

Sure you might be right regarding their motives, but I'm not going to trust your gut feelings with my investments.

The Happy Clappy Bitcoin Chappy - http://twitter.com/vincesamios
knybe

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 05:28:58 PM

so... as far as I can tell... the PONZI or whatever this fuck this is, is done.
VinceSamios

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 05:33:44 PM

It's not a ponzi - there is no way eASIC would issue a press release and not follow through, especially on their brand spanker flagship 28nm product.

The Happy Clappy Bitcoin Chappy - http://twitter.com/vincesamios
ffssixtynine

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 05:36:01 PM

To say I don't have evidence is absurd - I spoke to two AB members directly - to say sharing this information is childish is... I'm not sure... a bit of a backwards comment really.

One of whom (me) has told you repeatedly that you're wrong for multiple reasons so let's not be misleading about it.

As pointed out in PM, the frustrated AB quit en masse and listed issues/recommendations in public for all shareholders to read. Do you think they will a) buy, b) hold or c) sell? Now that's regardless of what anyone has actually done, but common sense says (c) - both due to frustration and because they don't agree with the company direction.

Can I go now?!

PS It's not a Ponzi, it just has sales/marketing issues!
PPS Check all the mining stocks! Bad day at the races.
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 05:37:47 PM

It's not a ponzi - there is no way eASIC would issue a press release and not follow through, especially on their brand spanker flagship 28nm product.

eASIC is great.  The chip is great.  And the chip will be in Kens hands.  However, Ken is the disease of the operation.  His attitude stinks, he doesn't have a clue how to interact with people. He is the bottleneck.

eASIC = awesome
28nm chips = wow
ken = old, insane, ignorant, the list goes on

knybe

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 05:44:07 PM

Well if it's not a ponzi, then let's call it something else.
All I can see is Ken or VE or the rest of the "brave" deserters have taken my money and as nut/crumbs/breaker has said, I'm holding an empty bag.

eASIC or not, if this thing is collapsing because of incompetence or whatever, all I feel is massively burned
VolanicEruptor

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 05:46:18 PM

All I can see is Ken or VE or the rest of the "brave" deserters have taken my money and as nut/crumbs/breaker has said, I'm holding an empty bag.

eASIC or not, if this thing is collapsing because of incompetence or whatever, all I feel is massively burned

anyone who sold for less than IPO did not take your money..

Ken took our money, because the shares were originally bought from him

bbxx

Activity: 728

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 05:49:57 PM

do your homework
read and visit
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=158806.0

that was funny.

*** Cloud Development:
Web Hosting Business: shopping-cart-now.com running on Amazon.com

*** Web Sites Developed With Graphics:
TahoeUltimateRentals.com, shopping-cart-now.com, votecliffyoung.com, and votecliffyoung.com plus many
more over the years.

all his job was to get money from you send to easic
and create miners

nice salary few millions usd
shrinked to 0 now.

and you all know why.

knybe

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 05:56:48 PM

At this point it feels like even IF the stock price goes back up, it will just drop again because anyone left (including me) will clamber to get the fuck out at break even at best.
somestranger

Activity: 487

Are You Shpongled?

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 06:00:00 PM

If the company is successful, acquiring a decent chunk of the network hashrate and some hardware sales (these will inevitably increase if we can deliver without preorders), and pays nice dividends then people will hold or want to buy. I am confident Ken will return the IPO price within a year, but am much more hopeful than that. 
runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Touchdown

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 06:02:30 PM

Agreed. Like it or not, this is long term proposition. Months, not days!
thefunkybits
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 06:05:57 PM

agreed, short term theres no telling where this could go though
bbxx

Activity: 728

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 06:06:44 PM

in few months those chips will be worthless

then he will bankrupt and liquidate all assets

this ponzi sheme with 0.0005 IPO price filpped by whales is not funny anymore

people wake up!

yeah cheap shares Smiley
VolanicEruptor

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 06:11:01 PM

in few months those chips will be worthless

then he will bankrupt and liquidate all assets

this ponzi sheme with 0.0005 IPO price filpped by whales is not funny anymore

people wake up!

yeah cheap shares Smiley

i disagree with your prediction of the chip technology.  Its getting harder and harder to make faster mining rigs, i cant see 28nm asics fading out anytime soon.

runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Touchdown

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 06:12:56 PM

i disagree with your prediction of the chip technology.  Its getting harder and harder to make faster mining rigs, i cant see 28nm asics fading out anytime soon.
A rare glimpse of sanity in the securities forum.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 06:26:37 PM

Its getting harder and harder to make faster mining rigs, i cant see 28nm asics fading out anytime soon.

Because your premise is only true for some companies (and not true for others), your conclusion may be short-sighted.

The firm is already well into development for its second-generation chip, which uses a FinFet design. FinFet uses 3D structures, in which the microscopic transistors on the chip rise above the planar substrate on the chip. This gives them more volume than a traditional transistor gate, which enables them to conduct electricity more effectively, reducing the necessary voltage and increasing switching performance. The result is a faster, lower-power chip.

“It’s the most aggressive design available in our time schedules,” said Barber, who believes he’ll be taping out this chip in the fourth quarter. He wouldn’t say what process node the design used, but CoinDesk notes that last year, TMSC announced plans for a 16 nm FinFet capability in early 2014.

http://www.coindesk.com/hashfast-tapes-out-400-ghsec-28-nm-mining-chip/

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
VolanicEruptor

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 06:29:49 PM

Its getting harder and harder to make faster mining rigs, i cant see 28nm asics fading out anytime soon.

Because your premise is only true for some companies (and not true for others), your conclusion may be short-sighted.

The firm is already well into development for its second-generation chip, which uses a FinFet design. FinFet uses 3D structures, in which the microscopic transistors on the chip rise above the planar substrate on the chip. This gives them more volume than a traditional transistor gate, which enables them to conduct electricity more effectively, reducing the necessary voltage and increasing switching performance. The result is a faster, lower-power chip.

“It’s the most aggressive design available in our time schedules,” said Barber, who believes he’ll be taping out this chip in the fourth quarter. He wouldn’t say what process node the design used, but CoinDesk notes that last year, TMSC announced plans for a 16 nm FinFet capability in early 2014.

http://www.coindesk.com/hashfast-tapes-out-400-ghsec-28-nm-mining-chip/

The smaller we go, the more difficult it is to accurately deposit the metals and control the reactions in the chambers, hence there are issues with the chips gates and patterns

Pompobit

Activity: 736
Merit: 508

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 06:39:53 PM

Ken, what is the estimated AMC hashing power for november/december?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 508 »
  Print  

Jump to: