Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 01:52:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 508 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread [Self-Moderated]  (Read 771097 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 08:10:36 AM

Probably a good thing for those holding the traditionally cheaper shares on bitfunder. Not a good thing for those holding the traditionally higher priced shares on btc-tc. Angry

Well there are a few walls left to salvage some bitcoin, which is honestly the only secure investment at the moment. Actual fucking bitcoins.
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 08:23:34 AM

what reason is there to believe bitfunder will not follow the same path as glbse and btct?
These company shares are contracts that are tradable "for value". In our case, that value happens to be expressed in bitcoins instead of dollars or oil, but that doesnt make them exempt from SEC regulation. Its already been established by SEC that bitcoins do have value, and bitcoin contracts are considered securities. Just ask Pirate. I argued this before the closure of glbse, but it seems that even after pirate, glbse, gigamining and now btct it still hasnt quite sunk in.

My advice: do what giga-vps did. Make these shares compliant with relevant laws regulating issuance and trade of securities. Its not so hard to comply and being compliant makes it whole lot more trustworthy.

drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 08:25:26 AM

what reason is there to believe bitfunder will not follow the same path as glbse and btct?

Damn.
JoTheKhan

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 08:28:40 AM

Is Ken aware of the situation with BTCT?

How are we handling this situation?

Are people just selling at a loss and then buying up on Bitfunder?

If possible I would like to see our Btct shares switched over to Bifunder, but I think that goes with out saying.  Undecided
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 08:31:30 AM

I am selling but not buying any at the moment, just want actual Bitcoins, this story does not end well.
PurpleTentacle

Activity: 384

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 08:31:39 AM

Is Ken aware of the situation with BTCT?

How are we handling this situation?

If possible I would like to see our Btct shares switched over to Bifunder, but I think that goes with out saying.  Undecided

Ken is probably sleeping right now...

Puppet
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 08:33:55 AM

Even if he is not sleeping, its not reasonable to expect him to come up with a well though out plan mere minutes after btct announced its closing its doors.
PurpleTentacle

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 08:36:01 AM

Even if he is not sleeping, its not reasonable to expect him to come up with a well though out plan mere minutes after btct announced its closing its doors.

I agree and really believe that it won't be an issue to transfer the shares over to bitfunder. It might be a hell lot of work but doable.

aquarius

Activity: 275

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 08:36:07 AM

bitfunder has an open asset list which means that if the site gets shut down everyone will still have the information of how many shares are owned by each bitcoin address.

and thus someone can make a new trading platform and migrate those shares on the asset list over there.
JoTheKhan

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 08:38:20 AM

Oh I had no idea that this news just came out. These posts say like 8:xx am. I thought this was posted over 12 hours ago seeing as it is night time where I am at.
PurpleTentacle

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 08:40:23 AM

bitfunder has an open asset list which means that if the site gets shut down everyone will still have the information of how many shares are owned by each bitcoin address.

and thus someone can make a new trading platform and migrate those shares on the asset list over there.

The same thing was forced on btct.co the last few days. You had to specify a public btc address and could not trade without one, so burnside should have such an asset list.

Puppet
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 08:41:48 AM

even if its just hours, the man would barely have had time to speak to legal counsel or explore options like moving the shares elsewhere or taking them off exchange and make them compliant a la gigamining.
What more could you expect from him than "Im aware of the situation and Im looking in to possible solutions"?
desired_username

Activity: 879
Merit: 1013

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 09:23:42 AM

I would be interested in how the transfer is planned. I'm not too fussed to sell my shares. I would rather have them transferred.
zumzero

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 09:25:23 AM

I am selling but not buying any at the moment, just want actual Bitcoins, this story does not end well.

Calm down.  Stop panicking.

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 09:51:48 AM

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL BTC TRADING CORP WEBSITE PARTICIPANTS

As a result of recent changes in the virtual currency regulatory environment, the btct.co and litecoinglobal.com virtual stock market websites will be closing down.  The following is our current schedule:

Approximately a week ago, both sites were closed to any new users and new asset creation was disabled.

Effective immediately, in conjunction with this release, trading will be halted, all order books cleared, and trading re-enabled.

October 7, 2013, all forms of secondary market trading will be halted on both sites.

Approximately October 31, 2013, both sites will be taken offline.  It is strongly suggested that participants take the following steps to protect all of their virtual assets:

All participants should take steps to transfer all of your BTC and LTC (and any other data you wish to keep, such as CSV trade histories) held on the sites to your personal computer or another trusted site.

All participants should make sure that their public BTC or LTC address is properly set in the Account page on the Settings tab whereby it can be shared with all issuers.

All “issuers” should have the contact information concerning their “investors”, and we ask that all “issuers” communicate with their “investors” as soon as possible as to how they will ensure that all are treated appropriately.

We regret this development. However, we want to do everything we can to minimize problems arising from this transition.  It is our goal to keep this shutdown orderly and calm.

Thank you for your participation, creativity, loyalty and sense of community over the past year.  Additional communications will follow as we work out the details.

Ethan Burnside
BTC Trading Corp.

How will dissolution occur
*For future posters just make sure the question is always on the same page so its not missed Smiley*

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
kleeck

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

https://karatcoin.co

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 10:47:31 AM

Just an excerpt from my panicked chat with Ukyo:

<kleeck> You may not have answers for me, but I'll shoot anyways.
<kleeck> Is it possible for ActM holders to have shares transfered over to BF?
<Ukyo> sure. talk to ken
<Ukyo> Tongue
<Ukyo> I have no control over actm on btct
<Ukyo> user list
<Ukyo> etc

Let's move on this, Ken.

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄
  █ █████       ▀▄████████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
         ▄███         █         ███▄         
       ██    ███████████████████    ██       
    ████            ██ ██            ████   
    ██             █     █             ██   
    █ █           █       █           █ █   
    █ ██         █         █         ██ █   
    █  ██      ██           ██      ██  █   
    █   ██    ██             ██    ██   █   
    █    ██  ██               ██  ██    █   
    █     █ ██                 ██ █     █   
    █     █████████████████████████     █   
    █  ███  ██                 ██  ███  █   
    ███       █               █       ███   
      ███      ██           ██      ███     
         ███     █         █     ███         
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
kslaughter (OP)

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 11:02:57 AM

Just a quick note on the BTC-TC shutdown.

We will be looking into this problem today, and will post a solution later today.  All investors on BTC-TC should have their bitcoin address set.  Also, I would have a bitfunder account set up if you don't already have one.

Subcide

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 11:07:38 AM

Thanks for the quick response Ken.
runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Touchdown

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 11:10:00 AM

We will be looking into this problem today, and will post a solution later today.  All investors on BTC-TC should have their bitcoin address set.  Also, I would have a bitfunder account set up if you don't already have one.

Thanks for the update, Ken.

[Can people please stop panicking now. Cheesy This is going to take time to sort out. Weeks, possibly, which I know is an eternity in bitcoin land, but it is what it is. Relax, deep breaths.]
funkymunky

Activity: 283

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 11:11:19 AM

On the ball, thank you Ken.

This would be a great time to show ActiveMinings forward thinking by being one of the first major securities to facilitate a working fix for its shareholders.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 508 »
  Print  

Jump to: