Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:48:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 508 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread [Self-Moderated]  (Read 771073 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
aquarius

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 02:21:41 PM

Ken, would our ActM shares also grant us a stake in the AMC Exchange, in the event that it goes live?  Wink

according to Ken, yes Smiley

AMC already has a Stock Exchange built and is in the testing phase. 

If BF failed and we used that exchange, would it be owned by the shareholder and would we receive the trade fee as a dividend?

Yes, at this time AMC owns the exchange.
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
San1ty

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 02:36:15 PM

Sure, that is a possibility also.

I think BF for the immediate future is the best idea. At least it would join both the markets finally.

IMHO Havelock is a much better choice.

If so, can we move all BF shares too? I want them joined as I have shares on both exchanges. Also 1 big liquid market is far better than 2 smaller ones.

We had two exchanges set up just in case something happened like this. Then as a backup plan, we developed our own.   So, I think it is better to have two exchanges trading the shares. 

Please allow us to have to option to choose on which exchange we want the shares (Havelock, BF).

I will look in to Havelock; however, we will have to get approved and pay the fee if required.

Hi Ken, Have a look at the PM I sent you for Havelock contact details.

Found my posts helpful? Consider buying me a beer :-)!:
BTC - 1San1tyUGhfWRNPYBF4b6Vaurq5SjFYWk NXT - 17063113680221230777
kleeck

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

https://karatcoin.co

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 02:46:31 PM

Ken, would our ActM shares also grant us a stake in the AMC Exchange, in the event that it goes live?  Wink

If BF failed and we used that exchange, would it be owned by the shareholder and would we receive the trade fee as a dividend?

"

He also stated that he would have to move the exchange under a different corporation due to licensing issues... So, if it isn't owned by AMC do we get a stake in the transfer fees?

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄
  █ █████       ▀▄████████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
         ▄███         █         ███▄         
       ██    ███████████████████    ██       
    ████            ██ ██            ████   
    ██             █     █             ██   
    █ █           █       █           █ █   
    █ ██         █         █         ██ █   
    █  ██      ██           ██      ██  █   
    █   ██    ██             ██    ██   █   
    █    ██  ██               ██  ██    █   
    █     █ ██                 ██ █     █   
    █     █████████████████████████     █   
    █  ███  ██                 ██  ███  █   
    ███       █               █       ███   
      ███      ██           ██      ███     
         ███     █         █     ███         
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Sou

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

(Bitcoin related text here)

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 02:49:35 PM

"

He also stated that he would have to move the exchange under a different corporation due to licensing issues... So, if it isn't owned by AMC do we get a stake in the transfer fees?

From the way i understand it the exchange would be an additional subsidiary of AMC.
ffssixtynine

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 02:59:14 PM

I have already though about that.  AMC already has a Stock Exchange built and is in the testing phase.  If Bitfunder is shutdown also, shares would be transferred to Active Mining Corporation own Stock Exchange.  To avoid problems with the US, the Stock Exchange will block all US IP's and ask during signup if you are a US citizen.

This may not be sufficient, depending how much they want to go for you. You may need to use a proper ID service to stay off their radar properly and that is only the US. Gambling companies went through all of this pain at one point.

Also note that ActiveMining itself is based on Belize. This is good on the one hand but 'virtual shares' have no coverage by law there either and they have a strict securities commission. There is the risk for a C&D in Belize unless they have said ActM doesn't need compliance (unlikely - no one knows how to deal with this stuff yet but it'd likely be considered a public offering and that's what I was told when I enquired about doing my own IPO). Also note that ActM's legal documentation basically says this is all totally at the buyer's risk when you get down to it. That's not a criticism by the way, they at least had some lawyers do it.

Ken's done what he can other than being completely legal somewhere which is easier said than done unfortunately, but investors should understand the risks with all securities. They are dependent on the law not having caught up, that's all there is to it.

A new exchange may not even make it off the ground or may push the boat only for a bit longer, or may expose the owners to a tricky legal situation (Ken is in the US and that's exposure enough IMHO). Any new exchange needs to be set up in a location with -no- securities commission - suspect Bitfunder is. Or based nowhere. And be anonymous yet trustworthy. Which will probably happen.

Running an exchange is non-trivial in the extreme. Ask UKYO. It'll cost a fortune in legal fees alone.

drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 03:11:46 PM

Lets just focus on getting ActM on either Bitfunder or Havelock (since looking Havelock does seem to be a much better choice)

It would be nice to have a 1 time option to decide where we want our shares, HL or BF.

If HL becomes an option I would like all my BF shares one time moved over too please.

After that we need to focus on making miners and selling miners. This should be priority and any new exchange system should really take a backseat right now. We need income and profits big time.
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 03:22:18 PM

We need income and profits big time.

Truth.
Pale Phoenix

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 03:34:13 PM

I think BF for the immediate future is the best idea. At least it would join both the markets finally.

I'm not a big fan of Bitfunder either, but let's not complicate this at the moment. The important thing is to maintain liquidity, so immediately moving to Bitfunder makes the most sense as no setup is required.

Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 03:34:29 PM

Have to say Im impressed by the foresight of already having developed your own exchange as "plan C". Ken may not be a marketing genius, but he is showing something here.
zumzero

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 03:53:00 PM

This is actually very bullish news Smiley
I´m definitely gonna buy more shares

+1 this  Cool

bump  Smiley

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
funkymunky

Activity: 283

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 04:12:29 PM

I'm not a big fan of Bitfunder either, but let's not complicate this at the moment. The important thing is to maintain liquidity, so immediately moving to Bitfunder makes the most sense as no setup is required.

Yes, these are my thoughts on this too.
auto2nr1

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 04:13:26 PM

Let's merge everything into BitFunder for liquidity purposes.
SoylentCreek

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 04:20:52 PM

+1

Was I helpful or insightful?  Feel free to say thanks! 1PuoasR1dYtNq9yYNJj9NreDAfLEzc3Vpe
PurpleTentacle

Activity: 384

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 04:22:53 PM

+1

+1

San1ty

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 04:26:46 PM

+1

+1

-1 Let's merge everything at Havelock for liquidity purposes.

Found my posts helpful? Consider buying me a beer :-)!:
BTC - 1San1tyUGhfWRNPYBF4b6Vaurq5SjFYWk NXT - 17063113680221230777
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 04:27:32 PM

I'm sure Ukyo is giggling like a school girl when he hears stuff like that. Well, aside from the worries about the same issues that threatened BTCT.

canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 04:28:29 PM

I believe that there's no question that BF has more liquidity than Havelock. Havelock has some better features like notifications, however.

kslaughter (OP)

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 04:28:37 PM

"

Yes, the profit would go to AMC as that corporation would be owned by AMC.
SoylentCreek

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 04:31:22 PM

+1

+1

-1 Let's try to be realistic.  Ken has so far shown little interest in getting us listed on Havelock in the immediate future.  While I really want to see us on there, I do not see it happening in the near term.  Bitfunder will be the easiest solution for the time being.

Was I helpful or insightful?  Feel free to say thanks! 1PuoasR1dYtNq9yYNJj9NreDAfLEzc3Vpe
kslaughter (OP)

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 04:34:54 PM

No, setup is required, as we already have planned for this.  All I have to do is take the shares off of BTC-TC and issue the shares on Bitfunder.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 508 »
  Print  

Jump to: