Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:54:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 508 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread [Self-Moderated]  (Read 771074 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2013, 09:51:14 PM

VMC Sales:

3rd Quarter 2013           $1,404,217

kenslaughter... so thats 10030BTC for the months July to September for miner sales? Are those already paid out as divs, will this come in the next time or did i misunderstood something about this?

Divs from miner sales will probably be paid when products are shipped.

But whats the status of the hardware then? I mean there is a tiny div each week but i dont know what this means. Is that already the own asic design at work or other hardware?
I only mean when is the point when these sold miners are shipped and when is the mine really hashing?  (For labcoin i at least know the claimed problem is a heatproblem in chip design (if true) but i dont have a clue whats going on with ActiveMining. Which is stupid when being invested in.

Current divs are from 6 avalons hashing: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=297503.msg3192905#msg3192905

From what I understand, sample chips should arrive in the next few weeks: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=297503.msg3192907#msg3192907

I might have gotten allergic against all this missing info and missed timeframes... i hope it works out...

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coinminers

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2013, 10:05:20 PM

ANNOUNCEMENT

Short Term Solution:

We now have a solution to the Bitfunder problem for our Investors who choose or are forced to not stay on Bitfunder.  Our own Stock Exchange is finished and is undergoing final implemtation testing and setup.  Due to the current environment we will not be enabling trading on this site; however, it will be used to store anyones shares and to pay dividends.

After we obtain legal advice which says that we are ok to do this, we will implement on the site, a direct escrow transfer system.

Long Term Solution:

We will implement a direct transfer system using colored coins.

Hooray!! =D

http://bit.co.in - Shorten your address and make/receive payments on the go! Decentralized!!

http://www.coinjabber.com - Submit, review, discuss, and promote Bitcoin & virtual currency websites!
Vigil

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 12:11:27 AM

If we want to sell our shares at some point, how will that be done on ActM shares site?
kslaughter (OP)

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2013, 12:47:35 AM

If we want to sell our shares at some point, how will that be done on ActM shares site?

...Due to the current environment we will not be enabling trading on this site...

...After we obtain legal advice which says that we are ok to do this, we will implement on the site, a direct escrow transfer system...

Long Term Solution:

The direct escrow transfer system will allow an Investor to transfer shares to another Investor after they have made a deal outside of the site (Forum, IRC, eMail, etc.).   Since it is an escrow system the Investor buying the shares has to have the BTC in his account.  When the transfer is made and accepted, then the shares are transferred to the buyer and the BTC is transferred to the Seller.
djbooth007

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2013, 01:05:40 AM

...Due to the current environment we will not be enabling trading on this site...

...After we obtain legal advice which says that we are ok to do this, we will implement on the site, a direct escrow transfer system...

Long Term Solution:

The direct escrow transfer system will allow an Investor to transfer shares to another Investor after they have made a deal outside of the site (Forum, IRC, eMail, etc.).   Since it is an escrow system the Investor buying the shares has to have the BTC in his account.  When the transfer is made and accepted, then the shares are transferred to the buyer and the BTC is transferred to the Seller.

On site escrow transactions would be much more user friendly. Blockchain offer escrow multi-sig service described here:
https://blockchain.info/wallet/escrow
Technologov

Activity: 203

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 09:55:32 AM

Blockchain.info seems to offer Bitcoin escrow, but not stock escrow.
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 01:02:22 PM

The only ones who find this clever are the "investors."  Just about no one else gets fooled.  If it walks & quacks like a duck, the courts call it a duck, no matter what *you* call it.  Learn IRL, pl0x.

LOL Really? Our little troll is using "pl0x"?
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Pl0x&defid=2628875

3. pl0x
The absolute gayest way of saying "please", generally used by prepubescents in online games.

2. pl0x
A term used by n00bs, which is supposed to translated into 'please'.

BTW, Ken. Incorporating is not the problem. I, you and 1000 others can incorporate happily in UK or US etc and our little Ltd. be completely legal.
Problems start, when one investor wants to sell his shares to someone else. Read up on your local law, it's not complicated and is really straight forward.

from https://forum.litecoin.net/index.php/topic,6087.msg49426.html#msg49426

In UK, you can set up a Ltd (private limited company) and have as many shareholders as you want - good
Trading those shares is limited and plenty of paperwork is required (notary, local business registry etc)  - bad news, trading is restricted by law.

There are few EU member states, where you can incorporate for 100+ EUR and get it done in 10 minutes... but you need a electronic ID card to sign the documents etc. With out this card, you have to do the full song and dace act at notary etc.
So, problem is not incorporating a limited liability Co but TRADING the shares.
In UK, they do not even care what currency is used. (LTC and BTC are NOT currency!)

Example: Lets say we get together and incorporate in UK and start a company, that paints apples, no problem. We can have 1000 "subscribers" or "members" (share holders), every name is on file, papers are in order and that is it. We are a legal entity.

We can upload our shareholders list to some database, have a fancy UI for processing dividends, sending out news to members etc. Not a problem.

Things get tricky when Mr Ian MacPennystock, who was not one of the original 1000, wants to buy shares in our happy Ltc...
In most countries, existing members/shareholder have the right to buy those shares before a third party etc. Members have to agree and give up the right for purchase. After every "trade"(change of ownership), papers have to be filed, notarized etc.
As you can see, this gets really annoying really fast and fees you have to pay ... forget it.

I personally think this is utter bull shit. Litecoin, Bitcoin and all the other coins should stay away form state run bureaucracy as far as possible.  Wasn't that one of the original notions? Forget central authority, forget greedy banks and corrupt politicians and they scummy minions? What happened to "Hello freedom" and  "we can self regulate"... etc

So, why are you all so desperate to fall in line and bend you knee to that same system we all wanted to free ourselves in the first place?
You know who are the biggest enemies of LTC and BTC? Those same fuckers in [coin name here] community who dream about making sure that gov and banks have full control - regulating it and turning it in to just another pile of shit owned by gov and banks.

WTF boys and girls? Seriously, wtf!

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
Technologov

Activity: 203

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 08:22:37 PM

EskimoBob: it is my understanding that pink sheets allows any company to go public without full financial statements and SEC approval.
What are the requirements there?
kslaughter (OP)

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2013, 09:12:16 PM

EskimoBob: it is my understanding that pink sheets allows any company to go public without full financial statements and SEC approval.
What are the requirements there?

Here is a good link for that infomation http://www.tcc5.com/gopublicconsultation.php
shaofis

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 10:07:49 PM

How does one in the US currently buy shares? Is there an option right now?
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 10:22:53 PM

Overthrow government. Cheesy

Nootnewbie

Activity: 63

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 10:26:58 PM

Lets say that ActivingMining ends up not selling as many units as one would like.  Couldn't Actm just use those unsold units to mine?  It seems like a focus on selling units is short sighted if you actually trust that Actm will produce units that will exceed ROI.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 10:31:02 PM

Lets say that ActivingMining ends up not selling as many units as one would like.  Couldn't Actm just use those unsold units to mine?  It seems like a focus on selling units is short sighted if you actually trust that Actm will produce units that will exceed ROI.

They take pre-orders, there is no such thing as unsold units.

Nootnewbie

Activity: 63

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 10:34:23 PM

Would it make sense for Actm to order units itself?
deizel

Activity: 114

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 10:55:51 PM

Lets say that ActivingMining ends up not selling as many units as one would like.  Couldn't Actm just use those unsold units to mine?  It seems like a focus on selling units is short sighted if you actually trust that Actm will produce units that will exceed ROI.

Would it make sense for Actm to order units itself?

That is part of the plan:

ActiveMining is the natural evolution of two previous projects: Active Mining Cooperative (creating a bitcoin mining farm) and Virtual Mining Corporation (selling bitcoin mining hardware), that are now unified under the roof of ActiveMining.

AMC will be mining with cost-price units manufactured by their subsidiary VMC.
arousedrhino

Activity: 347

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 11:05:03 PM

Use a VPN tunnel, I can still buy and I am in the US using my VPN tunnel.
Stuartuk

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 11:16:49 PM

Lets say that ActivingMining ends up not selling as many units as one would like.  Couldn't Actm just use those unsold units to mine?  It seems like a focus on selling units is short sighted if you actually trust that Actm will produce units that will exceed ROI.

Yeah I think that is all pretty obvious. It goes without saying. There is no focus only on selling, not sure where you get that from.

ACtM are going to both sell all the machines they can for instant income to reinvest and at the same time fill the mining farm up for longterm payouts.
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 12:13:58 AM

Yeah I think that is all pretty obvious. It goes without saying. There is no focus only on selling, not sure where you get that from.

ACtM are going to both sell all the machines they can for instant income to reinvest and at the same time fill the mining farm up for longterm payouts.

this is great, assuming that Ken can move faster than a drunken sloth.  Hope he takes all his meds..

knybe

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

decentralize EVERYTHING...

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 01:21:25 AM
Last edit: October 14, 2013, 01:32:27 AM by knybe

this is great, assuming that Ken can move faster than a drunken sloth.  Hope he takes all his meds..

Must be tough to be involved with you in real life... negative people are a total downer.
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 02:37:05 AM

this is great, assuming that Ken can move faster than a drunken sloth.  Hope he takes all his meds..

Must be tough to be involved with you in real life... negative people are a total downer.

I don't discuss this dark world of bitcoin stocks with RL people.  I skydive and am currently taking flight lessons, not shitting you, I also get out a lot and am quite the family guy.. my life is fun as fuck right now and I'm actually a nice guy to get a long with, ask anybody who knows me in person.  Ken has forced me to break character on here, long time ago.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 508 »
  Print  

Jump to: