Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 03:29:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 508 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread [Self-Moderated]  (Read 771097 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 09:22:20 PM

I don't believe that to be correct tbh.

My understanding is that it will be today:

kslaughter on September 27, 2013, 05:48:18 PM

Today's Dividends

Today's Dividend will be delayed until next Wednesday

This is due to the ongoing transfer of shares from BTC-TC to Bitfunder.  So, before dividends are paid out on Wednesday of next week all transfers of shares to bitfunder will have to be completed.  The dividend on Wednesday will be larger than normal and also we will start paying the dividend on Wednesday of each week.

"...will be delayed until next Wednesday"

Was posted on Friday. Next Wednesday may be referring to Oct 9th. Atleast that's how I take it.

Next Wednesday from the above post is today, Oct 2nd.

Ken, I rather have you spending time selling miners than sprinkling that Satoshi dandruff on investors heads... flake by flake.
BTW, how long will it take for you to go and hit that "generate monthly report *" button on that accounting software of yours?

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
redbeans2012

Activity: 887
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 09:24:19 PM

Can someone answer a question for me.

Who designed all the cases / pci cards that Active mining will be putting the chips in?

Does this stuff come from EASIC too? Does the PCI version of this ASIC have a working example for another application somewhere? Or are these just basically concept renderings of everything?

Thank you.

Quoting again to see if anyone can answer.
kleeck

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

https://karatcoin.co

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 09:33:39 PM

@kleeck... how certain is it that these miners are in hands of the miners on start of december? And even though i think the calculator you used it the best available... this website only takes a certain percent of diff rise per month. Even though its 126% per month now this 30 day percent constantly is rising. So i think the div will be maybe at 137% then 158% and so on the next months. So i think the calculation probably is too good to be true. On top the uncertainty that comes with preorders.

We don't truly know when products will be shipped from anyone. Could be end of November, could be the end of December. This is the best analysis I knew how to do.

The Genesis Block uses near-exponential difficulty rises from month to month. I think the projections are plenty realistic.

Yes, they user exponential difficulty. But thats not enough. Exponentially would be 30% each month. But these percent per month are rising exponentially itself. Thats even worse.

They've accurately predicting difficulty this far.

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄
  █ █████       ▀▄████████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
         ▄███         █         ███▄         
       ██    ███████████████████    ██       
    ████            ██ ██            ████   
    ██             █     █             ██   
    █ █           █       █           █ █   
    █ ██         █         █         ██ █   
    █  ██      ██           ██      ██  █   
    █   ██    ██             ██    ██   █   
    █    ██  ██               ██  ██    █   
    █     █ ██                 ██ █     █   
    █     █████████████████████████     █   
    █  ███  ██                 ██  ███  █   
    ███       █               █       ███   
      ███      ██           ██      ███     
         ███     █         █     ███         
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Vigil

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 09:40:42 PM

ActM has killed my Bitcoin value moreso than Labcoin - just saying.
Pompobit

Activity: 736
Merit: 508

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 09:43:47 PM

The latest SR news did not helped any share
kleeck

Activity: 532

https://karatcoin.co

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 09:57:41 PM

The latest SR news did not helped any share

Stupid DPR, being all stupid... and stuff...  Cry

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄
  █ █████       ▀▄████████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
         ▄███         █         ███▄         
       ██    ███████████████████    ██       
    ████            ██ ██            ████   
    ██             █     █             ██   
    █ █           █       █           █ █   
    █ ██         █         █         ██ █   
    █  ██      ██           ██      ██  █   
    █   ██    ██             ██    ██   █   
    █    ██  ██               ██  ██    █   
    █     █ ██                 ██ █     █   
    █     █████████████████████████     █   
    █  ███  ██                 ██  ███  █   
    ███       █               █       ███   
      ███      ██           ██      ███     
         ███     █         █     ███         
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
zumzero

Activity: 602

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 10:53:53 PM

Which is to be crumbs, dropping slowly but surely or tanking?  You can't have your pie and eat it you greedy bugger.

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
zumzero

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 10:58:43 PM

If it doesn't need any news why does it tank when there is news but doesn't tank when there isn't?

Two short planks is all I'm saying. lolz  Cheesy

crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 11:03:35 PM

If it doesn't need any news why does it tank when there is news but doesn't tank when there isn't?

Two short planks is all I'm saying. lolz  Cheesy

If i start explaining the difference between correlation and causation, you'll wrinkle your forehead again, and i wanna keep u purty.
zumzero

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 11:13:53 PM

What a big girls blouse you are.  nya nya nay *big word*  nya nya nya *witty remark* nya nya nya.

Jesus man, get a life!  Have you really nothing better to do than troll this forum with your nonsense?

I haven't seen a single post from you which makes any sort of positive contribution on any thread you've shown yourself in.

Your remarks about the share price don't achieve anything.  We all know what is happening with the share prices across all of the securities and while you'd like to suggest it's only a problem for ActM the reality is that  
the decline in value is right across the board, but I don't see you posting the same waffle in the AM thread.

You are obsessed with ActM and to be quite frank, I question your state of mental well being.

Come back at me with a witty response all you want, but the truth is eveyone who reads your garbage understands that the mind responsible for creating it has issues uncommon to the rest of us.

EDIT: and yes, I probably would wrinkle my forehead as that's what I tend to do when I raise my eyebrows in disbelief.

kslaughter (OP)

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 11:39:26 PM

We have 68 Klondikes ordered with full assembly which is ~306 GH/s, we are ~3rd customer in batch 1.

Here is an email from steamboat.

Chip status:
Batch 1 and 2 have arrived, and have been sent to the assembly house. Those with a chip only order will be sent an email shortly confirming their information. Shipping will be provided free of charge for all chip only purchases.

Assembly status:
We have successfully determined the source of the hardware issues, as well as a portion of the software/firmware conflicts, and are now hashing on all 16 chips at 4.6-4.8GH/s, at 350mhz. We are still receiving high hardware error rates, which we believe is a combination of the on board PIC and suboptimal firmware, and are in the process of optimizing the driver to reduce the error rates. Overclocking testing has also shown the thermal vias were not being fully filled due to the way they were designed. The assembly house has developed a two-step process to address this, and will be ready to assemble today pending final verification after we have tested and approved the process. During testing the 3.3v regulator was operating over spec, using more amps than it is rated for. While the unit functions and the component appears to be stable, we have chosen to replace it in order to ensure there are no failures during extended long term operation.

There are several firmware issues which need to be addressed before the units are ready for end use. The first priority is a USB bootloader. This is necessary to flash the units with firmware updates via USB without the need for additional hardware and software. Additionally, there is an issue with cgminer which does not allow multiple units to be connected to the same instance without severe performance degradation. This is not essential to shipping the units so long as the USB bootloader is properly programmed, but does increase the amount of time required to test the units as the ktest utility remains unfinished. We are also working on auto-serialization code to allow us to step-program the units with a unique serial number without the need to rebuild the hex file for each board. Lowest on the priority list is I2C implementation to allow chaining between boards. While it greatly reduces the amount of USB cables and hubs necessary to connect multiple units, it is not necessary for the unit to function.
auto2nr1

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 04:44:26 AM

Any updates for ActiveMining?
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 05:28:55 AM

ActM has been the worst investment I have ever made.
PurpleTentacle

Activity: 384

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 07:35:08 AM

ActM has been the worst investment I have ever made.

Just wait another 4-6 weeks. The alexa rank has gone up to 175,338 from 1,313,182. There should be at least some correlation with an increase in sales.

zumzero

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2013, 07:39:15 AM
Last edit: October 07, 2013, 01:29:42 PM by zumzero

Hi Ken,

I think we deserve a sitrep now the forum is back up just to bring everyone up to speed. How's progress?  Are we to expect a financial report soon?  Any exciting marketing info you'd like to share?
Are you still planning to prioritise the mining farm over hardware sales, or have you planned for achieving both concurrently. Where do you see this company in five years time assuming Bitcoin has seen wider adoption.  Are you developing next gen chips or are you too busy at present?  What are your short to mid term plans for taking on more staff?  Have you learned any important lessons from watching rival companies alienate their customer base, if so, can you share with us your thoughts on how to prevent this happening with ActM?

Thanks in advance.  Smiley

4ju5tice

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 12:40:09 PM
Last edit: October 07, 2013, 12:51:21 PM by 4ju5tice

^Ken, it would be great to hear some responses.

In other news, KNC miners are exploding, literally exploding and catching fire. Goes to show how important it is to have a company like eAsic involved.

http://forum.kncminer.com/forum/main-category/hardware/5267-unit-s-catching-fire

Hi.
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 12:44:27 PM

^Ken, it would be great to hear some responses.

In other news, KNC miners are exploding. Goes to show how important it is to have a company like eAsic involved.

http://forum.kncminer.com/forum/main-category/hardware/5267-unit-s-catching-fire

eASIC only designs the chip, and has nothing to do with the boards.  

drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 01:30:21 PM

The boards are being designed in house I think, so they could very well explode too.
kslaughter (OP)

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2013, 02:54:39 PM

The boards are being designed in house I think, so they could very well explode too.

The PCIe boards are being designed by our Professional Engineers.
Sou

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

(Bitcoin related text here)

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 02:57:00 PM

@kslaughter when can we expect the sales figures for last month?  Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 508 »
  Print  

Jump to: