Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:22:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 [306] 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 ... 508 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread [Self-Moderated]  (Read 771070 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 12:52:04 PM

Hey wait a minute Mr Postman-

go have a look at the vid BFL had on their website recently. They had an identically laid out six assembly work benches, staffed by four people who would be sacked in my workplace if they worked that slowly.

The number of benches is fine, with pre-prepped cases and quick workers you can knock out plenty of rigs in quick time. We don't have masses of pre-orders, once they are done and dusted the farm machines will begin to roll out.

Edit- what are you benching? I have a bigger kitchen than the cafe round the corner but it doesn't make me a hot food outlet.

Edit 2 - hey VE are you going to open a mining rig production line in your basement? If so what's your IPO offer? Count me in OK?

Good news everyone, we're even worse than BFL! We're going to be rich!

Are people here delusional or just stupid? The fact that Ken can't show pictures of chips quite obviously means he does not have chips to take pictures of. Not even sample chips which were supposed to arrive in November according to Ken's schedule.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mabsark
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 01:02:26 PM
Last edit: December 26, 2013, 02:57:44 PM by Mabsark

Eskimo - first off Happy Christmas.

Second, all your questions are valid but you should think about framing them in another way - as they look like a set of demands. An introductory 'Hi are you able to answer these question' etc. goes a long way. If I was reading your post and it was aimed at me I would ignore it as the tone of it is uncivil - I'm sure you would do exactly the same. All the best.

The only reason to ignore a shareholder demanding answers is because you know those answers will make you and the company look bad. If a truthful answer would make the company look bad, then it is bad.
stenkross

Activity: 330
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 01:25:41 PM

go have a look at the vid BFL had on their website recently. They had an identically laid out six assembly work benches, staffed by four people who would be sacked in my workplace if they worked that slowly.

The number of benches is fine, with pre-prepped cases and quick workers you can knock out plenty of rigs in quick time. We don't have masses of pre-orders, once they are done and dusted the farm machines will begin to roll out.

Edit- what are you benching? I have a bigger kitchen than the cafe round the corner but it doesn't make me a hot food outlet.

Edit 2 - hey VE are you going to open a mining rig production line in your basement? If so what's your IPO offer? Count me in OK?

Are people here delusional or just stupid? The fact that Ken can't show pictures of chips quite obviously means he does not have chips to take pictures of. Not even sample chips which were supposed to arrive in November according to Ken's schedule.

Having problem reading the post?
He even said they are waiting for chips and boards, so no, chips has not arrived, therefore no pics of chips.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 02:17:59 PM

He even said they are waiting for chips and boards, so no, chips has not arrived, therefore no pics of chips.

When will the chips arrive?

Mabsark
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 03:24:08 PM

Well, Ken said it would take 9 weeks for sample chips after paying the NRE costs. They should have arrived n November, but Ken said he had to redesign them. It would be logical to assume that it will take another 9 weeks for new samples, so they should arrive in late January/early February. If that's the case, then mass production won't be happening till around April/May.

With only 2 benches in Ken's "assembly line", anyone ordering hardware from ActM can expect to get their hardware in two weeks, just like all the satisfied BFL customers.
Bargraphics

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 03:35:14 PM

Well, Ken said it would take 9 weeks for sample chips after paying the NRE costs. They should have arrived n November, but Ken said he had to redesign them. It would be logical to assume that it will take another 9 weeks for new samples, so they should arrive in late January/early February. If that's the case, then mass production won't be happening till around April/May.

Before more misinformation is spread, Masbark has no idea how the Backend Design/Mask/Fab Time process works as per his comment above.

A total redesign never needed to happen and I'm not sure where he read this or got this information.

In the event a minor redesign needed to happen (most of the backend design is done and considering eASIC is a 1 Mask Layer process, it wouldn't take very long at all and they would likely skip the sample chips)

Secondly if it were just sample chips and they were coming in "April/May" (lol) then why would he be prepping now by saying "We are working on assembling everything, so when our boards and chips arrive, we can ship the miners fast."

Do you think that sample chips would be enough to ship even a remote amount of product to customers?

The more likely scenario is the redesign process, mask process at Fab is and has been done already and they are making the chips as we speak. We should probably see the first Chips coming in Mid to Late January. As I'll be visiting in Mid January I'm hoping for that date as I will be taking Pictures and possibly Video as long as Ken lets me.

It seems we have traded Crumbs out for Masbark which is unfortunate as at least Crumbs sometimes made valid points :/
Mabsark
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 03:37:09 PM

If that's the case, then mass production won't be happening till around April/May.

That should give Ken just about enough time to gut the drive trays out of the cases, working with a Leatherman and a dull chisel Cheesy 

It should also give him time to hire someone who can actually use photo shop. This

is just embarrassing.
Mabsark
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 04:10:38 PM

Before more misinformation is spread, Masbark has no idea how the Backend Design/Mask/Fab Time process works as per his comment above.

A total redesign never needed to happen and I'm not sure where he read this or got this information.

In the event a minor redesign needed to happen (most of the backend design is done and considering eASIC is a 1 Mask Layer process, it wouldn't take very long at all and they would likely skip the sample chips)

Secondly if it were just sample chips and they were coming in "April/May" (lol) then why would he be prepping now by saying "We are working on assembling everything, so when our boards and chips arrive, we can ship the miners fast."

Do you think that sample chips would be enough to ship even a remote amount of product to customers?

The more likely scenario is the redesign process, mask process at Fab is and has been done already and they are making the chips as we speak. We should probably see the first Chips coming in Mid to Late January. As I'll be visiting in Mid January I'm hoping for that date as I will be taking Pictures and possibly Video as long as Ken lets me.

It seems we have traded Crumbs out for Masbark which is unfortunate as at least Crumbs sometimes made valid points :/

I said sample chips would be Jan/Feb. According to Ken, samples take 9 weeks and full production takes 16-18 weeks. Do the maths. Also, I've been here since the very beginning and my arguments are and always have been based on the available information.

Face it, Ken fucked up and ActM is going to be far less profitable than it should have been. Full production will not be happening till April, even by your maths.

Bargraphics

Activity: 518

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 04:30:07 PM

I said sample chips would be Jan/Feb. According to Ken, samples take 9 weeks and full production takes 16-18 weeks. Do the maths. Also, I've been here since the very beginning and my arguments are and always have been based on the available information.

Face it, Ken fucked up and ActM is going to be far less profitable than it should have been. Full production will not be happening till April, even by your maths.

No one is arguing that ActM could have been more profitable, what a silly thing to say. Full Production will start by end of January, especially by my "maths".

Next time use Ken's Quotes and actual timelines if you want to make a completely invalid point maybe slightly valid. "According to Ken", using 8 month old information that was intended to mean "From Scratch".

Your arguments are based on your opinion of a process you know nothing about, again which is evident by what you type on this thread. I really do understand how upsetting this must be for you though, to lose most of your money on Labcoin and then put it back in ActM only to see slow production due to delays.

It's a little strange how you try to "bet" against yourself by saying there will be huge delays so that if there is even though you lost most of your money you get to say "I was right". Then if there isn't a delay you get to cash in your shares and maybe come out even, considering how much of a huge failure Labcoin was and how much you put into that.
kleeck

Activity: 532

https://karatcoin.co

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 05:05:06 PM

With only 2 benches in Ken's "assembly line", anyone ordering hardware from ActM can expect to get their hardware in two weeks, just like all the satisfied BFL customers.

Mabs, can you at least try to understand what's going on before posting? The Intellihash update is software (RTL/HDL) level code changing1. Software level changes are a far cry from a complete chip redesign. So your estimated time frame is not realistic at all.

Your next issue is this that you didn't actually look at the picture, (I hope!). Observe:

I'll spell it out, just in case2: 3 benches x 2 work surfaces = 6 assembly stations.

Intellihash is our new trademark for our new Bitcoin mining software which gives up to a 20% increase in hashing speed and has the possibility to increase the speed of our mining machines as the difficulty goes up.  We have had to modify the software in our chips to make it work with our new software.  The chips are going to be late; however, our new Intellihash software could be a game changer for the company.

2 Pun intended.

Edit: Apologies to Bargraphics who already addressed the misinformation while I was assembling (pun intended) my post.

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄
  █ █████       ▀▄████████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
         ▄███         █         ███▄         
       ██    ███████████████████    ██       
    ████            ██ ██            ████   
    ██             █     █             ██   
    █ █           █       █           █ █   
    █ ██         █         █         ██ █   
    █  ██      ██           ██      ██  █   
    █   ██    ██             ██    ██   █   
    █    ██  ██               ██  ██    █   
    █     █ ██                 ██ █     █   
    █     █████████████████████████     █   
    █  ███  ██                 ██  ███  █   
    ███       █               █       ███   
      ███      ██           ██      ███     
         ███     █         █     ███         
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
PurpleTentacle

Activity: 384

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 05:07:26 PM

minerpart

Activity: 280

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 05:27:30 PM

Mabsark, you claim to have 'been here from the start' however your absence from posting for many months and obvious gaps in ActM knowledge show that your hasty return, while accompanied by strong opinion is more married to your desperation to recover your financial position from the significant losses you incurred in the Labcoin debacle.

Before you post any more comments regarding the schedule can I point you towards zumzero's timeline that he posted a couple of weeks ago?  It's been analysed by the community and amended by fellow shareholders and uses the eAsic schedule you refer to, however, unlike your projections this version has it's foundations in factual information.  This particular quote is taken from DTL's thread which is excellent and focusses on facts.

I've brought this timeline over from the other thread as I think it may be useful to keep a copy here.

The dates in bold are confirmed by announcements, while the others are projected from estimated timelines in the prospectus.

• 26th July [source] - Ken estimates two weeks for NRE to be paid (during visit to eASIC)
  • 3rd August [source] - Ken returns from his trip to eASIC and the Engineering firm
  • 4th August [source] - Ken posts to say he is busy working on eASIC deal
  • (sometime before August 28th) [used for guesstimates below] - NRE Funds paid
  • 28th August [source] - Ken confirms NRE funds were converted 'some time ago'
  • 4th September [source] - eASIC issue press release
  • 12th September [source] - Avalon refund confirmed as having been received
  • 1st November [original guesstimate] - Chip samples delivered in 9 weeks;
  • 30th October [source] - Ken announces gradual hashrate increase including 'other resources' [source]
  • 25th November [original guesstimate] - Low-volume chip production starting in 12 weeks, using an e-beam process;
  • 30th November [source] - Ken announces delays due to further R&D and unveils Intellihash(tm) technology
  • 12th December [source] - Weekly announcement states "we are continuing to bring in all the parts for mass production of our miners"
  • 18th December [source] - Weekly announcement states "working with eASIC and our engineers to get our chip and boards in full production"
  • 24th December - 9th January [original guesstimate] - Normal volume chip production starting in 16-18 weeks.

* Note: As of 30th November, probable delays have been introduced into the timeline.

(I will be trying to keep this updated as more facts are revealed. In an effort to keep this thread tidy, please PM me with any suggestions.)
Mabsark
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 05:31:56 PM

No one is arguing that ActM could have been more profitable, what a silly thing to say. Full Production will start by end of January, especially by my "maths".

Next time use Ken's Quotes and actual timelines if you want to make a completely invalid point maybe slightly valid. "According to Ken", using 8 month old information that was intended to mean "From Scratch".

Your arguments are based on your opinion of a process you know nothing about, again which is evident by what you type on this thread. I really do understand how upsetting this must be for you though, to lose most of your money on Labcoin and then put it back in ActM only to see slow production due to delays.

It's a little strange how you try to "bet" against yourself by saying there will be huge delays so that if there is even though you lost most of your money you get to say "I was right". Then if there isn't a delay you get to cash in your shares and maybe come out even, considering how much of a huge failure Labcoin was and how much you put into that.

Full production will not start in January at all. Even before the delays, full production was set to happen around February. You clearly stated that samples would arrive mid to late January. Ken clearly stated that full production would occur 7-9 weeks after samples. According to Ken full production will be 2 months after samples.

Anyone who isn't delusional and capable of basic maths can clearly work out that 9 weeks after late January is not January, it's April. Why are you trying to deceive people?
dolor

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 05:35:03 PM

Mabs, can you at least try to understand what's going on before posting? The Intellihash update is software (RTL/HDL) level code changing1. Software level changes are a far cry from a complete chip redesign. So your estimated time frame is not realistic at all.

Ken stated the chips were late.  He attributed this to needing to redesign the chips, making them "up to 20% more efficient" (cue 20% Cooler FIM FTW!).  Delayed chip production can not be attributed to software, learn to SHA256 ASIC.  If the mysterious Intellihash is indeed software capable of being run on top of any chips, Ken's explanation of delayed chips is clearly a lie.  Delayed chips is hardware, not software.  Learn to difference.
There's simply too much fail in this thread.
minerpart

Activity: 280

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 05:38:37 PM
Last edit: December 26, 2013, 05:54:04 PM by minerpart

The Trolls are back.

Mab, you have made the same genuine mistake that others have made. 

Go back and try again, this time don't use the 19th September as a starting point.  That was the date of the post on page one of this thread.  Instead, project forward from the date the NRE was paid, or your best guesstimate.
kleeck

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 05:44:20 PM

Ken stated the chips were late.  He attributed this to needing to redesign the chips, making them "up to 20% more efficient" (cue 20% Cooler FIM FTW!).  Delayed chip production can not be attributed to software, learn to SHA256 ASIC.  If the mysterious Intellihash is indeed software capable of being run on top of any chips, Ken's explanation of delayed chips is clearly a lie.  Delayed chips is hardware, not software.  Learn to difference.

Intellihash is our new trademark for our new Bitcoin mining software which gives up to a 20% increase in hashing speed and has the possibility to increase the speed of our mining machines as the difficulty goes up.  We have had to modify the software in our chips to make it work with our new software.  The chips are going to be late; however, our new Intellihash software could be a game changer for the company.

Changing the RTL code will result in a delay, albeit much less then a full redesign.

It would behoove you to do some research into how KnC got their speed boost. Wink (Hint: it wasn't a chip redesign!)

tl;dr Software.

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
dolor

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 06:00:31 PM

Changing the RTL code will result in a delay, albeit much less then a full redesign.

It would behoove you to do some research into how KnC got their speed boost. Wink (Hint: it wasn't a chip redesign!)

tl;dr Software.

We have had to modify the software in our chips to make it work with our new software.

The above quote is nonsensical to anyone familiar with SHA256 ASIC design.  Such ASICS have no more software than your CPU, which is none.
Any changes to the RTL code, no matter how minor, require a new mask set & a new foundry run.  Fact.

TL;DR:  Stop repeating nonsense.
Mabsark
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 06:01:30 PM

Mabsark, you claim to have 'been here from the start' however your absence from posting for many months and obvious gaps in ActM knowledge show that your hasty return, while accompanied by strong opinion is more married to your desperation to recover your financial position from the significant losses you incurred in the Labcoin debacle.

Before you post any more comments regarding the schedule can I point you towards zumzero's timeline that he posted a couple of weeks ago?  It's been analysed by the community and amended by fellow shareholders and uses the eAsic schedule you refer to, however, unlike your projections this version has it's foundations in factual information.  This particular quote is taken from DTL's thread which is excellent and focusses on facts.

I've brought this timeline over from the other thread as I think it may be useful to keep a copy here.

The dates in bold are confirmed by announcements, while the others are projected from estimated timelines in the prospectus.

• 26th July [source] - Ken estimates two weeks for NRE to be paid (during visit to eASIC)
  • 3rd August [source] - Ken returns from his trip to eASIC and the Engineering firm
  • 4th August [source] - Ken posts to say he is busy working on eASIC deal
  • (sometime before August 28th) [used for guesstimates below] - NRE Funds paid
  • 28th August [source] - Ken confirms NRE funds were converted 'some time ago'
  • 4th September [source] - eASIC issue press release
  • 12th September [source] - Avalon refund confirmed as having been received
  • 1st November [original guesstimate] - Chip samples delivered in 9 weeks;
  • 30th October [source] - Ken announces gradual hashrate increase including 'other resources' [source]
  • 25th November [original guesstimate] - Low-volume chip production starting in 12 weeks, using an e-beam process;
  • 30th November [source] - Ken announces delays due to further R&D and unveils Intellihash(tm) technology
  • 12th December [source] - Weekly announcement states "we are continuing to bring in all the parts for mass production of our miners"
  • 18th December [source] - Weekly announcement states "working with eASIC and our engineers to get our chip and boards in full production"
  • 24th December - 9th January [original guesstimate] - Normal volume chip production starting in 16-18 weeks.

* Note: As of 30th November, probable delays have been introduced into the timeline.

(I will be trying to keep this updated as more facts are revealed. In an effort to keep this thread tidy, please PM me with any suggestions.)

How many times do you need to be told that I didn't suffer significant losses from Labcoin? The fact that you need to even turn to such nonsense to defend ActM is ridiculous and reeks of desperation.

Based on Ken's timelines, I said months ago that samples would be November, low-volume production would be December and normal production would be February. Everyone else was saying that chips would arrive in October.

As you pointed out, on the 30th November Ken announced the delays due to the chip redesign. Clearly samples arrived in November just like I said they would. Low volume production was to be another 3 weeks after samples, that's December. Normal volume production was 4-6 week after that. Allowing for assembly and shipping and stuff like that, that put full production into February. That was before the delay, which until Ken says otherwise, everyone should assume will be 9 weeks as that's the time frame we have been given for sample chip production.

Add 9 weeks to 30th November and that's when you should expect new sample chips. If Ken wants to chime in and set me straight, then I'm sure we'd all welcome that. I'll take his silence on the subject as confirmation that I'm right though.

R_Lem

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 06:02:14 PM

It seems we have traded Crumbs out for Masbark which is unfortunate as at least Crumbs sometimes made valid points was funny :/

FIFY.
kleeck

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 06:11:24 PM

tl;dr Software.

We have had to modify the software in our chips to make it work with our new software.

The above quote is nonsensical to anyone familiar with SHA256 ASIC design.  Such ASICS have no more software than your CPU, which is none.
Any changes to the RTL code, no matter how minor, require a new mask set & a new foundry run.  Fact.

TL;DR:  Stop repeating nonsense.

I take it you didn't look into KnC? Wink

You are right, there is delays in the process, but it is less than a full redesign - which is all that I stated. If you are just going to ignore test cases like KnC, who DID receive a significant speed boost via software optimization, (some at the hardware level) then we have nothing more to discuss.

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Pages: « 1 ... 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 [306] 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 ... 508 »
  Print  

Jump to: