Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:03:17 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 [417] 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 ... 508 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread [Self-Moderated]  (Read 771089 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
deizel

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 07:34:29 PM
Last edit: January 23, 2014, 07:53:36 PM by deizel

OK if we sell these shares Ukyo wants all the proceeds divided equally not us first and everyone else later. Now do the maths. I don't know how much he owes and to how many people.

I've done a little digging and figure that if Ken managed to sell all Ukyo's shares at 0.01btc per share, then after we recouped 106btc for ActM and paid the other 2214btc to the community, there would still be just over 3500btc outstanding that Ukyo would still owe the community.

Random fact for the day - After recouping 106 BTC, the entire Weex debt could be cleared if the remaining shares sold for ~0.026 BTC each.

In summary then: Predicted sales plus 1.25% of hash through 2014 gives an average share price of 0.031 BTC in 2014.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 08:04:50 PM

I truly hope you have some plans for the following:

a. be able to distribute funds from the sale to weex users in debt.
or
b. explain to a court appointed handler where portions of my assets are.
(As well as explain to other weex users why your debt is more important than theirs)

I think youre correct here ukyo. Regardless if the 106BTC owned are ActM-Funds or Ken's private funds. He cant simply sell them because the shares belong to a private person not weexchange. As long as ken cant proof that ukyo is personally liable he cant sell them because weexchange is in debt. Its a legal risk he takes. It would b different if ukyo personally is in debt because then it would be legal i believe.

On top this sell means lowering the shareprice for all shareholders.

If the shares are owned by weexchange it would be legal too. It would be luck for the person that has something that belongs to weexchange. Though it would be unfortunate for all other weexchange victims. The shares would belong to the company and not to a specific person then.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
nyc77

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 08:08:45 PM

Are they going to be cheap though? You have no idea. You guys make estimates on the most vague Ideas. Ken can come on here and ONLY say "Don't worry guys I have a plan" and you guys will be on here an hour later with strategic planning, estimates of ROI, share value, and an info graphic and some pie charts with the title "We're gonna be Rich!" and "To the Moon!".

+1

The only thing that happened recently (in reality) is Ken trying to get a hold of 2,320 BTC.
finlof

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 08:42:06 PM

No but we have both looked at this and both worked it out with similar results. He and I both agree with this method of valuing the shares and want everyone to understand this. It is what professionals do to value any companies stock.

Let's talk about this valuation method.

tell me more about the other companies you have done valuations on that turned out to be accurate...
knybe

Activity: 658

decentralize EVERYTHING...

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 08:49:30 PM
Last edit: January 23, 2014, 09:02:18 PM by knybe

I truly hope you have some plans for the following:

a. be able to distribute funds from the sale to weex users in debt.
or
b. explain to a court appointed handler where portions of my assets are.
(As well as explain to other weex users why your debt is more important than theirs)

I think youre correct here ukyo. Regardless if the 106BTC owned are ActM-Funds or Ken's private funds. He cant simply sell them because the shares belong to a private person not weexchange. As long as ken cant proof that ukyo is personally liable he cant sell them because weexchange is in debt. Its a legal risk he takes. It would b different if ukyo personally is in debt because then it would be legal i believe.

On top this sell means lowering the shareprice for all shareholders.

If the shares are owned by weexchange it would be legal too. It would be luck for the person that has something that belongs to weexchange. Though it would be unfortunate for all other weexchange victims. The shares would belong to the company and not to a specific person then.

This has been gone over ad nauseam please let it die. Ken holds Uyko's property and Uyko holds Ken's 106BTC… Now unless Ukyo pays this back then Ken can and should sell off enough of Uyko's shares as lien to recover lost funds. Whatever outstanding debts Uyko and Co. have are his responsibility, no one else's.

Besides this is not for any of us to decide as I'm sure Ken has consulted with his lawyers and made his decision… let it go.
zumzero

Activity: 602

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 09:11:34 PM

The sooner you worrywarts sell up and fuck off, the better.  I swear anyone would think the American Dream is dead given the doom and hopelessness that accompanies many of the posts in this thread. 

A lot of you sit there mouthing off criticism after criticism when some of us are making a real effort to crunch some numbers and invite discussion so that we can come to a better understanding of where we are at.

So unless you intend on hanging around and benefitting from the success of this company might I suggest you button it, sell up and leave quietly and let the rest of us get on with things.

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
Bitdust

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 09:24:12 PM

The sooner you worrywarts sell up and fuck off, the better.  I swear anyone would think the American Dream is dead given the doom and hopelessness that accompanies many of the posts in this thread.  

A lot of you sit there mouthing off criticism after criticism when some of us are making a real effort to crunch some numbers and invite discussion so that we can come to a better understanding of where we are at.

So unless you intend on hanging around and benefitting from the success of this company might I suggest you button it, sell up and leave quietly and let the rest of us get on with things.

The last time Brits tried bossing my compats around was 1776.  Now even drunk old men from Missouri don't take you seriously.
JoTheKhan

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 09:29:05 PM

The sooner you worrywarts sell up and fuck off, the better.  I swear anyone would think the American Dream is dead given the doom and hopelessness that accompanies many of the posts in this thread. 

I'm all for inviting discussion. You only want discussion that ignores any faults and plans for the extreme best. It is not practical.
gjpminingco

Activity: 350

Co-Owner Of DCMCo-Op Mining Farm at 3.5 th/s

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 09:32:38 PM

On another note anyone haveing a problem viewing CT's site

Bitdust

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 09:34:21 PM

Have U spelted it rite?
gjpminingco

Activity: 350

Co-Owner Of DCMCo-Op Mining Farm at 3.5 th/s

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 09:36:29 PM

Have U spelted it rite?

since all you do is troll your are on ignore

i am just gonna start putting ALL trolls on ignore since i am tired of the B.S. they try to start

( in a indian accent ) Please don't come again

Thumper650

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 09:43:59 PM
Last edit: January 23, 2014, 10:03:58 PM by Thumper650

Have U spelted it rite?

since all you do is troll your are on ignore
( in a indian accent ) Please don't come again

d00d, I sincerely Tried to help  you Can't finish a Sentence Without botching It, so check ur spellinks to maek CT Show up in You're Browser
minerpart

Activity: 280

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 10:20:38 PM
Last edit: January 23, 2014, 10:32:01 PM by minerpart

Are they going to be cheap though? You have no idea. You guys make estimates on the most vague Ideas.

OK so here are the vague ideas you mention:

we purchased the IP which we will also use in our custom 28 nm.  UMC is the FAB for the 55 nm.

11mm x 11m package, 1.9 GH/s, 2.5 Watts.

2.5W per chip or 1.315789474W/GH

we have a 10.488 TH/s unit with the 55 nm chips.  We will also have bulk sales of our 55 nm chip soon.

the 55 nm is a full custom chip.

Will Intellihash be an added bonus to the 1.9GH/s chip or is that already factored in?

No, Intellihash will be a bonus.

We now have 2 Engineers in San Jose and a Project Manager working very closely with eASIC to make sure the project is completed the the shortest time possible.

a lot more customers have $1,000 or $2,000 for a machine than $10,000 for a machine.

RE: our energy cost-

How about 0.017 $/kWh  

News Release-
Quote from: kslaughter
Delivery of chips is expected in Q2/2014.  Also, AMC will use the same design team and code which successfully taped out the 55 nm on AMC's eASIC's 28 nm.  EASIC's 28 nm development has been upgraded to a full custom 28 nm.

Active Mining is in one of the best positions to take advantage of the Bitcoin network.  Once we have our chips and boards in production this year we will be one of only two companies in the world which manufactures Bitcoin mining hardware and also mines.  With this combination we have unlimited availability to bitcoin mining hardware only limited by our resources.  

So......are we all reading the same forum??

It seems there are limitless numbers of people on here who don't listen to a single word the CEO says. Is that sensible or reasonable? You all invested in this CEO but now you think everything he says is nonsense??! My earlier workout is firmly based around Kens statements. It's based around an average BTC price of 5k USD over 2014. It's all quite conservative in my view. I appreciate not everyone will agree but I don't understand why you all need to get so worked up about my detailed forecast. Why don't some of you create your own forcasts instead of just stamping all over mine offering no counter argument other than - 'you are a cheerleader'. It's a bit pathetic guys.

zumzero

Activity: 602

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 10:30:15 PM

I'm all for inviting discussion. You only want discussion that ignores any faults and plans for the extreme best. It is not practical.

List some faults that I have ignored.  Then explain why the moment VE posts anything you instantly do a follow up post expressing your support. 

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
Thumper650

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 10:35:36 PM

Are they going to be cheap though? You have no idea. You guys make estimates on the most vague Ideas.

OK so here are the vague ideas you mention:

we purchased the IP which we will also use in our custom 28 nm.  UMC is the FAB for the 55 nm.

11mm x 11m package, 1.9 GH/s, 2.5 Watts.

2.5W per chip or 1.315789474W/GH

we have a 10.488 TH/s unit with the 55 nm chips.  We will also have bulk sales of our 55 nm chip soon.

the 55 nm is a full custom chip.

Will Intellihash be an added bonus to the 1.9GH/s chip or is that already factored in?

No, Intellihash will be a bonus.

We now have 2 Engineers in San Jose and a Project Manager working very closely with eASIC to make sure the project is completed the the shortest time possible.

a lot more customers have $1,000 or $2,000 for a machine than $10,000 for a machine.

RE: our energy cost-

How about 0.017 $/kWh  

New Release-
Quote from: kslaughter
Delivery of chips is expected in Q2/2014.  Also, AMC will use the same design team and code which successfully taped out the 55 nm on AMC's eASIC's 28 nm.  EASIC's 28 nm development has been upgraded to a full custom 28 nm.

Active Mining is in one of the best positions to take advantage of the Bitcoin network.  Once we have our chips and boards in production this year we will be one of only two companies in the world which manufactures Bitcoin mining hardware and also mines.  With this combination we have unlimited availability to bitcoin mining hardware only limited by our resources.  

So......are we all reading the same forum??

It seems there are limitless numbers of people on here who don't listen to a single word the CEO says. Is that sensible or reasonable? You all invested in this CEO but now you think everything he says is nonsense??! My earlier workout is firmly based around Kens statements. It's based around an average BTC price of 5k USD over 2014. It's all quite conservative in my view. I appreciate not everyone will agree but I don't understand why you all need to get so worked up about my detailed forecast. Why don't some of you create your own forcasts instead of just stamping all over mine offering no counter argument other than - 'you are a cheerleader'. It's a bit pathetic guys.

That's because the same CEO, in the first post of this thread (edited on January 14 lol) was feeding you a totally different load of crap:
Our chips in development
Generation 1: Fast-Hash. 28nm. Each chip's rated frequency is 800 MHz at 1.15V. It translates to 16,000 MH/s because it does 20 hashes per cycle. Chip requires proper handling of heat and power supply. It is expected the chip can be overclocked to 1000 MHz @ 20,000 MH/s

So Science!
Much Precise!
Wow.
Why should anyone still bother listening to that tripe?
minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 10:38:33 PM

errrr nice try but none of that has been invalidated.

The chip is simply late. Those chip spec details are either correct or will be improved upon with a full custom redesign.

Just because there has been a delay (see BTC industry) doesn't make any of that tripe. Your argument is literally nonsensical.
Thumper650

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 10:47:15 PM
Last edit: January 23, 2014, 11:05:50 PM by Thumper650

errrr nice try but none of that has been invalidated.

The chip is simply late. Those chip spec details are either correct or will be improved upon with a full custom redesign.

It hasn't? The full-custom chip Ken a couple of guys Ken hired are supposedly developing is going to use those specs?
I'll answer that for you: no.
Edit:  If the full-custom 28nm is indeed going to be no better than the abborted FPGA copy, the two stealth guys Ken hired are worth exactly as much as their 55nm IP: nothing.

Ken will likely give you a "weekly update" at the end of Q2 to the tune of "we decided to buy a stealth startup with highly valuable IP - all vacuum tube hashing cores!
The chassis are taped out with masking tape, and will be ready Q4.  We also wrote Intellihash that runs on Intellihash, so you can get moar while you get moar!"

You have to be pretty deluded to still take Ken's "weekly updates" seriously.
minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 10:49:41 PM

Utter nonsense, groundless and baseless speculation - ironically more 'Unicorn' in nature  than the facts you decry on this thread.
Thumper650

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 10:51:59 PM

Utter nonsense, groundless and baseless speculation - ironically more 'Unicorn' in nature  than the facts you decry on this thread.

Give it up, Stewie.  Compare what you were promised just a week ago to what you have been promised yesterday, and have a good cry.
JoTheKhan

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 10:56:14 PM

List some faults that I have ignored.  Then explain why the moment VE posts anything you instantly do a follow up post expressing your support. 

55nm chips meeting ROI. 28nm chips meeting ROI. The speculation you guys come up with hinges on BTC price. This is not a smart way of investing your money or running a business. This business needs to be able to see profit even if BTC doesn't go up 5 fold, and needs to be able to stay in the black if BTC goes down 5 fold. You guys don't account for that in any of your estimates and you guys know that we would be deep in the red if you did.

@ The Ve Comment.

I take everyone on this thread at face value, I argued and agreed with Pankkake and Crumbs and VE and You and Stuark and Ken and FFS and Everyone else. I don't care if the rest of the thread (including me) calls them/you a troll, a cheerleader, an idiot. It does not matter, I've stated before I don't ignore anyone and I read as many comments as possible. I'm not here to block out people I don't like, I'm here to check on my investment and make sure I understand exactly where we are at, where we are going, and what obstacles are in our way. This seems to be elude a lot of people on this thread. If someone makes a good point, I'm going to agree with it no matter who makes it.
Pages: « 1 ... 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 [417] 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 ... 508 »
  Print  

Jump to: