Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 02:40:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 [436] 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 ... 508 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread [Self-Moderated]  (Read 771092 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
minerpart

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 05:28:54 PM

Is that simple enough for you slaughter?

lol - I've never been to the US and don't intend visiting soon, so unless extraordinary rendition is still practised and the actors have very bad eyesight I think I'm quite safe.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1013

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 05:32:51 PM

Could you share how you come up with a value TODAY of $40M?  Claiming future sales, or mining revenue that don't exist now, and may never exist doesn't cut it.  For today's valuation the only thing you could do is estimate the cost to replicate what Ken has that might turn into those sales or revenue.  And my calculations put that well under $1M.

I'd love to see some real numbers that you use to rationalize your valuation.  I understand that it is difficult because Ken has failed to produce any credible financial statements, but I am curious about the bull case.  
You don't understand the concept of share issues if you think future earnings are not priced in to security value. Future earnings might not cut it for you but for Wall Street they do. Maybe Wall Street are wrong?
Your calculation, apart from being based on a false premise, is a bit clear of the mark considering we have several million in liquid assests.
I could quote you some real numbers that valued Sony at zero in 2012. It was making an annual loss for four years. Did share price reflect that loss of earnings  - yes. Did share price drop to reflect a value of negative 457Billion Yen? errr no.
I spent 8 years on wall street, why don't you explain it to me?   I will try and keep up.
What specific cash are you talking about?   Since you are calling it a Liquid Asset you cannot be referring to pre-orders since those are actually on your balance sheet as liabilities (it is not your money), I assume you are referring to the IPO proceeds.   Whatever is left of them is an asset (one that is declining though) and would be valued as such.   If you have masks completed (doubtful at this point) that would be worth around $550,000 until they are worth zero.    If you do not, then you actually have far less cash then you can imagine.
Seriously, Slaughter you need help.   Start asking for it before you end up in prison.

minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 05:36:09 PM

I spent 8 years on wall street,

What was your job title?
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 05:43:03 PM

when you wake up and open your eyes you'll notice that in order to recover 106btc, 10600 must be sold at 0.01 Actm is trading for what.. 2 weeks and only 40 shares sold (probably to ken himself) since 14.01 nobody has bought a single share! where do you think this is going.. when do you think investors will be able to trade their shares..july..november..?.I would say never

Buying shares at 0.01 values this company at $100M US dollars. That is $100M for:

- 6 85 Gh/s Avalons - worth perhaps $3600 TOTAL
- a report of 55 nm mask purchased - market value ~$300k
- 28 nm easic design that obviously failed and had to be scrapped
- A CEO that intentionally deceived investors into believing functional miners were shipped in November
- No balance sheets, no cashflow statements, and no evidence of an ability to perform in the future

As I have said before buying shares at 0.00001 would be a plausible gamble.  But still one with a likely outcome of 100% losses.
Actually there are 25M shares, 10M is just the public share number. A 0.01 share price would value it closer to a quarter billion USD.
Entropy-uc

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 05:43:49 PM

Could you share how you come up with a value TODAY of $40M?  Claiming future sales, or mining revenue that don't exist now, and may never exist doesn't cut it.  For today's valuation the only thing you could do is estimate the cost to replicate what Ken has that might turn into those sales or revenue.  And my calculations put that well under $1M.

I'd love to see some real numbers that you use to rationalize your valuation.  I understand that it is difficult because Ken has failed to produce any credible financial statements, but I am curious about the bull case.  

You don't understand the concept of share issues if you think future earnings are not priced in to security value. Future earnings might not cut it for you but for Wall Street they do. Maybe Wall Street are wrong?

Your calculation, apart from being based on a false premise, is a bit clear of the mark considering we have several million in liquid assests.

I could quote you some real numbers that valued Sony at zero in 2012. It was making an annual loss for four years. Did share price reflect that loss of earnings  - yes. Did share price drop to reflect a value of negative 457Billion Yen? errr no.

Of course not.  Sony had assets with real sale value in the market.  That is called book value and it usually acts as a floor for stock prices.  Shares do trade under 1.0x book value, especially in cases where a company has fallen behind their competition or management is not trusted.  Since Ken has failed to produce any books it's very hard to estimate book value for this mess.  But I took a reasonable stab at it, which gives you 0.00001 for your shares.

You seem to think the stock should trade today as if it is next year and Ken has succeeded in every aspect of your fantasy.  He has a working 28 nm miner which has no competition so it's selling like hotcakes.  Bitcoin is still extremely valuable, and Ken has built a 10 MW mining factory that has more than 1% of the network.

With all that, the stock might be worth 0.004.  But where is the profit for the poor bastards that buy it today at your fantasy price?  Where is their reward for taking the spectacular risk that any of those miraculous things don't occur and they lose money?

I was hoping for a rational discussion, but I see that it is still beyond the capacity of posters here.
minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 05:47:43 PM

Actually there are 25M shares, 10M is just the public share number. A 0.01 share price would value it closer to a quarter billion USD.

If you are using Dividend Yield as the core valuer of recieving shares you can discount the 15Mill private shares as they are not recieving any dividend. And they will not recieve any dividend until 25-50Mill USD has been paid out to investors. The full 'market cap' figure is thus not reflective of investor value. Shareholders invest for capital gains and dividend payout so the 15Mill are irrelevant until the guaranteed 0.0025 BTC per public share is paid out. At that time there will be a revaluation by the market.
mainline

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 05:49:03 PM

But the three benches are surely worth something?  If the benches could be sold at a profit, the outlook becomes much more promising.
minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 05:55:28 PM

There are many shareholders who want to have sensible discussions on here about their investment. So why don't you people make space for that?
mainline

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 05:57:57 PM

There are many shareholders who want to have sensible discussions on here about their investment. So why don't you people make space for that?

I have faith that abovementioned benches belong to Ken.  Everything else is pure conjecture and empty promises.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1013

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 06:32:50 PM

If you are using Dividend Yield as the core valuer of recieving shares you can discount the 15Mill private shares as they are not recieving any dividend. And they will not recieve any dividend until 25-50Mill USD has been paid out to investors. The full 'market cap' figure is thus not reflective of investor value. Shareholders invest for capital gains and dividend payout so the 15Mill are irrelevant until the guaranteed 0.0025 BTC per public share is paid out. At that time there will be a revaluation by the market.
Slaughter, this is incorrect.
You cannot use "dividend yield" to value anything unless you take into account the residual value of the company.   Surely you know that and are not just putting out false information to investors?   That pushes you closer to the Prison scenario as your future "exit" from this venture.
Although, no one will every see the first $25M in dividends (there is no credible model that gets revenue of this company to the point where they could have free cash of $25M - just think what the revenue needed to be to produce that), you would still need to use the residual share value to figure out the value of the stock.
When you have an underlying with a questionable future value and an event that cause massive dilution, you cannot compare it to a company that does not match its condition.

zumzero

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 07:00:41 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2014, 07:45:56 PM by zumzero

I spent 8 years on wall street, why don't you explain it to me?   I will try and keep up.
What specific cash are you talking about?   Since you are calling it a Liquid Asset you cannot be referring to pre-orders since those are actually on your balance sheet as liabilities (it is not your money), I assume you are referring to the IPO proceeds.   Whatever is left of them is an asset (one that is declining though) and would be valued as such.   If you have masks completed (doubtful at this point) that would be worth around $550,000 until they are worth zero.    If you do not, then you actually have far less cash then you can imagine.
Seriously, Slaughter you need help.   Start asking for it before you end up in prison.

You spent eight years on the Yellow Brick Road if you think minerpart is a Slaughter.  minerpart is a British national you silly billy.

As for your FUD, it takes no skill whatsoever to bark out a couple of US Federal agencies but really you know as well as anyone that Ken is an honest man, working as hard as he can to realise his American Dream and make us shareholders successful.  You are nothing but a little man hiding behind a big voice.  You are the Wizard of Oz. God bless you.

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
kleeck

Activity: 532

https://karatcoin.co

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:20:30 PM

Seriously, Slaughter you need help.   Start asking for it before you end up in prison.

I'm sure you could help Ludvig Öberg (aka DeaDTerra) and his team figure out to what extent they're violating securities regulations in Sweden, China, USA and England simultaneously. I'm sure you're aware that they're using the exact same method for listing their operation, Icedrill (which you appear to be a shareholder of), as VMC is. The small difference is that instead of listing in Belize as Ken Slaughter did they are listed in the British Virgin Isles, even though the securities owners and operators are in Sweden (Mr. Öberg), USA (Mr. Skrodenis), China (Mr. Ng, and Mr. Shin), and England (Mr. Rooyen, and Mr. Vorster) - each violating Security Regulation Laws in their respective country. Oh, and as a bonus, the addition of Mr. Skrodenis, who is the VP of Marketing for Hashfast AND a part owner of DigiMex, the parent and listing company of Icedrill, introduces HashFast into the illegalities as well. What a debacle that is!

Yes, I much think your great financial and regulatory mind would be put to better use over in your home thread.

Cheers!  Grin

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄
  █ █████       ▀▄████████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
         ▄███         █         ███▄         
       ██    ███████████████████    ██       
    ████            ██ ██            ████   
    ██             █     █             ██   
    █ █           █       █           █ █   
    █ ██         █         █         ██ █   
    █  ██      ██           ██      ██  █   
    █   ██    ██             ██    ██   █   
    █    ██  ██               ██  ██    █   
    █     █ ██                 ██ █     █   
    █     █████████████████████████     █   
    █  ███  ██                 ██  ███  █   
    ███       █               █       ███   
      ███      ██           ██      ███     
         ███     █         █     ███         
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
wonker

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:27:44 PM

Lots of fudsters are coming out of their holes now as its maybe only some days to start trading shares again...
eiprol

Activity: 117

bitarchitect

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:32:07 PM

Could anyone please update me regarding the status of shares? Last I heard was that I should transfer them from Bitfunder to KEN, so I did... but Haven't done anything since then, and just wanted to know if I've missed some importante info Roll Eyes
kleeck

Activity: 532

https://karatcoin.co

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:33:50 PM

Could anyone please update me regarding the status of shares? Last I heard was that I should transfer them from Bitfunder to KEN, so I did... but Haven't done anything since then, and just wanted to know if I've missed some importante info Roll Eyes

Ken recently said it was his top priority to get shares trading. I expect it to happen this week.

Weekly Update 1/21/14

Edit: Getting trading up and running is now my number one mission.

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄
  █ █████       ▀▄████████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
         ▄███         █         ███▄         
       ██    ███████████████████    ██       
    ████            ██ ██            ████   
    ██             █     █             ██   
    █ █           █       █           █ █   
    █ ██         █         █         ██ █   
    █  ██      ██           ██      ██  █   
    █   ██    ██             ██    ██   █   
    █    ██  ██               ██  ██    █   
    █     █ ██                 ██ █     █   
    █     █████████████████████████     █   
    █  ███  ██                 ██  ███  █   
    ███       █               █       ███   
      ███      ██           ██      ███     
         ███     █         █     ███         
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
eiprol

bitarchitect

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:38:43 PM

Ken recently said it was his top priority to get shares trading. I expect it to happen this week.

Thanks, I thought that I had read it already anywere (didn't remember), but anyway, should we register on any specific exchange, or nothing more is known by now?
zumzero

Activity: 602

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 07:54:02 PM

Our shares are not trading yet but soon will be.

An account will be created for you on the trading platform Crypto-trade, not to be confused with Cryptostocks.

This is expected to happen in only a matter of days but be sure to tune back in on Wednesday around 2345hrs GMT and look for Ken's 'Weekly Update' for more information.

You will need access to the email address you used in Bitfunder (expect to be contacted through that) as well as the public address from Bitfunder that you would have given to receive dividends.  To prove ownership of your shares you will need to be able to 'sign a message' from that public address when the time comes.

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 08:03:13 PM

Lots of fudsters are coming out of their holes now as its maybe only some days to start trading shares again...

This.

And their spreading of fear and doubt will work on many. And they will then get their cheap shares.
eiprol

bitarchitect

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 08:07:11 PM

Our shares are not trading yet but soon will be.

An account will be created for you on the trading platform Crypto-trade, not to be confused with Cryptostocks.

This is expected to happen in only a matter of days but be sure to tune back in on Wednesday around 2345hrs GMT and look for Ken's 'Weekly Update' for more information.

You will need access to the email address you used in Bitfunder (expect to be contacted through that) as well as the public address from Bitfunder that you would have given to receive dividends.  To prove ownership of your shares you will need to be able to 'sign a message' from that public address when the time comes.

Thanks for all that info
coinfresh

Activity: 88

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 08:29:57 PM

which one is ken?

some of you trolls are so lame. you can do better than that.
Pages: « 1 ... 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 [436] 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 ... 508 »
  Print  

Jump to: