Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:19:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 [496] 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread [Self-Moderated]  (Read 771073 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
mainline

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:44:29 PM

Meanwhile, back at IRC:

<Bargraphics> Again anyone that wants in #ActM must PM me on the forums with their REGISTERED Irc name
<Bargraphics> If you are not a well known account on the forums be prepared to show some kind of proof that you are a shareholder (especially if you are a new account)

Like asking the cows to prove they're tasty before letting them into the Slaughterhouse Cheesy
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
st4nl3y
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:47:49 PM

Meanwhile, back at IRC:

<Bargraphics> Again anyone that wants in #ActM must PM me on the forums with their REGISTERED Irc name
<Bargraphics> If you are not a well known account on the forums be prepared to show some kind of proof that you are a shareholder (especially if you are a new account)

Like asking the cows to prove they're tasty before letting them into the Slaughterhouse Cheesy

LOL
zumzero

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 05:58:43 PM

If you are a shareholder that is still frequenting this thread and replying to trolls please consider joining us in #ActM on Freenode. We've weeded out crumbs and have pretty steady and "level-headed" conversations going.

To get invited to this channel simply go to #Activemining and request access.

I recommend we just let crumbs&crew continue to post here, I'm trying to see if I can get a full page of Ignored posts and zumzero and minerpart keep screwing it up!

It's a sad day when you can't talk about the company you've invested in on the Official thread without sad pricks who aren't even invested sticking their noses into your business and acting like retards. I quite like it here now that the twats are on ignore. It's refreshing not even knowing what they are up to. But yeah I'll try to pop into the freenode chat. The only thing that worries me about abandoning the thread is that it's still the Official thread and newcomers or potential new investors will see it and likely not even know about freenode chat.

Have you thought about opening a new chat thread on here and just actually modding it?

I think that is an excellent idea.  I'm all for abandoning this thread entirely and having a couple of trusted shareholders moderating a new unofficial one.  All we need to do is have someone occasionally post in here advertising the new thread and the Irc chat and before you know it this thread will be used entirely by the trolls.  We then encourage Ken to post his weekly updates somewhere the trolls can't post.

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
zumzero

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 06:10:34 PM

The way to do it, I reckon is to have someone create a new account using a temp email address so that we can distribute moderator privileges amongst ourselves.  That way the thread could be moderated continuously.  Not sure how the bitcointalk.org mods would feel about this, but I would welcome their input in finding a solution that also keeps them happy we are not breaking any rules.

We then issue a list of permabanned trolls in the initial post and perhaps a three strikes then you're out policy.  So if you have had three posts deleted, then you get a permaban.  I'm off work for three weeks and would be happy to take a shift or two deleting the trolls.

I am happy to get things started tomorrow, once the dust settles from tonight's announcement.

We would obviously cross post Ken's announcement to discourage people using this thread.

finlof

Activity: 630

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:22:11 PM

The way to do it, I reckon is to have someone create a new account using a temp email address so that we can distribute moderator privileges amongst ourselves.  That way the thread could be moderated continuously.  Not sure how the bitcointalk.org mods would feel about this, but I would welcome their input in finding a solution that also keeps them happy we are not breaking any rules.

We then issue a list of permabanned trolls in the initial post and perhaps a three strikes then you're out policy.  So if you have had three posts deleted, then you get a permaban.  I'm off work for three weeks and would be happy to take a shift or two deleting the trolls.

I am happy to get things started tomorrow, once the dust settles from tonight's announcement.

We would obviously cross post Ken's announcement to discourage people using this thread.
so only those in the "club" are able to decide what is seen/unseen?  what exactly qualifies someone to be a member of this exclusive group?
zumzero

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 06:38:28 PM

so only those in the "club" are able to decide what is seen/unseen?  what exactly qualifies someone to be a member of this exclusive group?

No.  The content would not be edited other than all posts from the well known trolls would be deleted instantly. A list of those account names would be publicised and updated in the original post.  I am as aware as you that the thread needs to have opposing views in order to have proper discussion and you can't go around deleting posts because you don't like someone.  No-one wants to read a sickening display of circle-jerking either.  Yes, setting this up comes with challenges, but if we all try to make it work then it would.

I do not need to be involved and am happy to sit back and let others sort it, but who's going to do that? You?

Rawted

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:39:25 PM

It's update day, woo! Big money, big money, competitively efficient full custom 28nm chips, STOP!

We're showing our age with that one Wink
zumzero

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 06:48:51 PM

Here's an other idea..

Apart from the well known trolls, perhaps we don't permaban on a three strikes and your out rule, instead there would need to be something like 10 PM's to the mod account from shareholders requesting someone get a permaban.  That would go someway in preventing abuse of the mod account, which shouldn't be an issue if the right people are involved.

minerpart

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:51:21 PM

Sounds good. How many Mods can we have? How many is best?
zumzero

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 07:06:41 PM

Sounds good. How many Mods can we have? How many is best?

I don't have all the answers but would encourage others to chime in.  This is a genuine attempt to deal with the trolls once and for all.

People like Entropy and Eskimo Bob (who really do my tits in) should not be banned as they represent a necessary view point to keep things balanced.  There is a clear difference between these guys and the blatant trolls.  Also that st4nl3y dude has only just started to make troll posts, so it would be fair to allow him freedom to join the discussion from the start.

Truffix

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:18:50 PM

Here's an other idea..

Apart from the well known trolls, perhaps we don't permaban on a three strikes and your out rule, instead there would need to be something like 10 PM's to the mod account from shareholders requesting someone get a permaban. ...

*waiting to see how long it takes zero to realize the fatal flaw of his plan*
st4nl3y
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:55:32 PM

...however, i won't be participating in any of the discussion about the subject because i had enough of this. Me, when i trust someone with my money and that someone is blatantly lying back to me, for me thats it, habitually crossing the line. If ken would have told the truth and treated investors (who gave him the money to start with) seriously I would stfu and just leave my shares in a capable and honest hands of mr slaughter and his multi-million dollar company, I wouldn't even mind the long delay before miners are shipped. But this is just too much and i want out!
ActM Thread

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 08:34:52 PM

The new troll free thread for shareholders can be found here.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=462370.0

Smiley
zumzero

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 08:37:37 PM

I will now stop posting in this thread.  If this new one works out, and I'm aware it may not, at least someone is prepared to go to the effort to try and do something about these trolls.

minerpart

Activity: 280

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 09:38:52 PM

No it's not me. I suggested the idea earlier today and I left the option open and was expecting maybe Bargraphics to get involved as he's done this secure IRC channel.

I think it's a good idea but it's pointless unless it gets everyone onboard and is actually modded everyday. The official thread is also supposed to be modded but that lasted about 3days.

Again it's not me, I have enough on my hands with my Basic Facts thread, but if it works....bye bye Trolls.

Remember these Trolls are paid to disrupt here so they will do anything to keep this thread alive and completely useless as it is.
EduardoDeCastro

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 11:03:54 PM

No reason to argue with FUD, it only brings more. Just wait till Wednesday like the rest of us.

Today's Wednesday.
JoTheKhan

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 11:12:33 PM

No reason to argue with FUD, it only brings more. Just wait till Wednesday like the rest of us.

Today's Wednesday.

Thanks, I meant on a regular basis though. But yeah, wait until the announcement. Shit, place a bet, roll some shit, relax.
kslaughter (OP)

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 12:21:20 AM

Weekly Update 2/12/2014

On the 55nm project:

This week has had a number of developments, our project manager is working on wrapping up all the detail of our 55nm project.  We are expecting to receive our first 55nm wafers on April 10th, with next batch due on April 29th, May 5th and May 8th for a total of ~104 wafers.  It will take 1-2 weeks to have the chips packaged and then shipped to our board manufacturers.  We will be selling and mining with these chips and boards, depending on what makes the most since at the time.  The tape-out was done on Peoples ASIC account for a shuttle run of 50 prototype chips, we have canceled the shuttle run and changed to a full production run of the chips on VMC own account.  Peoples ASIC IP has been signed over to VMC and the FAB has all the legal paper work to start VMC's production run of wafers.

On the 28nm project:

We are getting quotes from a number of vendors including eASIC.  After the project is started we expect it to be completed in 8 weeks, after which we will tape-out.

On Crypto-Trade:

I am hoping to get shareholders shares transferred ASAP and get full trading up and running.  We have received a letter from the Missouri Securities Division asking for information on Active Mining Corportation, at this point we have ask for more time to respond and have seeked legal advice.

Active-Mining PR
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 12:25:25 AM

I've already talked to Missouri police about this too.  And the embassy.  

tiaguitah

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 12:29:37 AM

Weekly Update 2/12/2014

On the 28nm project:

We are getting quotes from a number of vendors including eASIC.  After the project is started we expect it to be completed in 8 weeks, after which we will tape-out.

Active-Mining PR

when is the project starting?

Pages: « 1 ... 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 [496] 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 »
  Print  

Jump to: