Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:30:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Sending in fake ID for KYC  (Read 89307 times)
fosco333

Activity: 1260
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2020, 03:39:26 AM

Sending fake ID for KYC is a very illegal action, one can be reported to the authorities because of this.
If you are a bounty hunter who required to send ID for KYC, better to not submit anything at all and find other campaigns instead using fake ID to submit KYC. Submitting ID for KYC won't ensure that the project will pay us at the end.

"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
qomariah95

Activity: 1190

View Profile
October 23, 2020, 04:35:09 AM

Sending fake ID for KYC is a very illegal action, one can be reported to the authorities because of this.
If you are a bounty hunter who required to send ID for KYC, better to not submit anything at all and find other campaigns instead using fake ID to submit KYC. Submitting ID for KYC won't ensure that the project will pay us at the end.

Even though it's an illegal act. But because at first bounty hunters used multiple accounts or didn't want to do KYC. Therefore they use fake IDs, even if it's wrong. This is still done and strangely the fake ID is accepted by the project concerned That means the project is not properly scrutinizing.

dzonikg28

Activity: 1106
Merit: 508

Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023

View Profile
April 20, 2021, 09:14:01 AM

It is a gamble to send fake data and find your account frozen at a later point of distribution. For sure not an easy task checking IDs from dozens of countries.

Exactly, if you are dealing with exchanges I would never risk providing false documentation and see my accounting get frozen.

Handing out false ID's is in almost any case a crime. Whenever you do it without the consent of the person on that document, it is instantly identity theft, no doubt about that.

▄▄██████▄
    ▄████████████▄
  ▄███▀  ▀███████▀  ▄▄
 ▄████      ▀▀▀   ▄███▄
▄████             ▀████▄
█████               ▀██▀
████▌  ███      ███
▀████   ▀▀      ▀▀
 ▀████▄    ▄▄▄▄      ▄█▄
  ▀█████▄   ▀▀    ▄█████
    ▀██████▄▄▄▄███████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
████
████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄███▄▄
█████████████▄    ████  ▄████████▄    ▄███████████▄
█████▀    ▀████   ████  ███▀  ▀██▀   ████▀    ▀████▄
████        ████  ████  ▀████▄▄▄    ████        ████
████        ████  ████    ▀▀▀████▄  ████        ████
 ████▄    ▄████   ████  ▄██▄  ▄███   ████▄    ▄█████
  ▀██████████▀    ████  ▀████████▀    ▀█████████████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ████
                                                ████
                                                ████
.....MARKET DAY - MARCH 20TH 2023....Download Now .#...
Cadaver20

Activity: 1442
Merit: 264

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2021, 06:34:09 PM

I am totally against kyc.  Because crypto is anonymous and banned in some countries. We cannot remain anonymous for KYC, which can lead to many different types of legal problems.  If a company wants to do user verification, they can do simple verification through telegram.
limpoder

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2022, 01:46:45 PM

What ID vendor do you recommend for KYC?
I know there are many legit ones and many scammers so all recommendations of real and good quality ones are appreciated.
diminizio

Activity: 585

Binance #SWGT and CERTIK Audited

View Profile
April 28, 2022, 02:35:05 PM

that has always been my concern to always be careful in submitting personal data to any site. I've seen this fraud many times, I think it's because the KYC process is done automatically via bots, so even with photoshop they can make it work. Unless the process is done manually, or on a more trusted website in the world, like binance, or some other exchange they will definitely prevent that from happening. I believe in their exchange, will not abuse the data we use, because that's always research before doing KYC.

████████████          SWG.IO     /     Smart World Global Token          ███          BINANCE #SWGT          ████████████
████████████          PRE SALE IS LIVE! at $0.13     ███     BUY NOW          ████████████
████████████          ICOHOLDER: ✅ TOP-3 PRE-SALE ✅ 4.45 RATING     ███     CERTIK AUDITED          ████████████
Argoo

Activity: 2268
Merit: 225

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
April 28, 2022, 04:43:23 PM

And what, in your opinion, should be done in the event that the bounty campaigns are over, the bounty hunters have completed their agreed work, and after that the project team declares that in order to receive their tokens, it is necessary to go through KYC? But in the past, this was the case in most cases.
Did you know that requiring bounty campaigners to undergo KYC is itself illegal? According to the FATF decision of June 2019, KYC can be required only in two cases: in order to prevent money laundering and to combat the financing of terrorism. And only in cases where the amount of transactions exceeds one thousand euros. Since bounty campaign participants do not contribute their own money, they cannot be required to be KYC.
I haven't seen KYC checks for bounty campaigners for quite some time now. And it is right.
Since it's illegal to require bounty campaigners to be KYCed, I'm quite open to giving them fake KYC.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
Ever-young

Activity: 1176
Merit: 165

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2022, 05:58:55 PM

Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data? 

Yes most of this companies do proper verification of companies owners and KYC verification. When it comes to smart contract and this audit companies verification they don't just use ID sent by the team to make verification but they also go as far as asking for public verification from their government and other recognize institution which they match the record they got from those institution and bodies with the ones provided by them, and when they are correct and passed they will approve it.

Where I see users cheat this KYC process is when it's comes to exchange verification and bounty verification process they just go to the internet download an I'd card and edit it add their picture on it and submit since government do not give those bodies permission to access their data's they can not actually know when document is right or wrong and most of the time bot are in charge of the verification process.

NewRanger

Activity: 1568
Merit: 333

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2022, 06:17:50 PM

that has always been my concern to always be careful in submitting personal data to any site. I've seen this fraud many times, I think it's because the KYC process is done automatically via bots, so even with photoshop they can make it work. Unless the process is done manually, or on a more trusted website in the world, like binance, or some other exchange they will definitely prevent that from happening. I believe in their exchange, will not abuse the data we use, because that's always research before doing KYC.
reputable exchanges will not abuse our personall data to another party. only hacking case that usually happen , users data downloaded and sell to someone else which is could be dangerous effect when our data abused. in deep web there are alot personaldata selling and even in telegram group its provided too.
thipdar

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2022, 08:19:43 PM

I read an article about that one dude sent a photo of his dog to confirm the documents. And they were approved. I unfortunately did not remember what kind of project it was. But the confirmation was received in 15 minutes. However, this can not be avoided, so as not to encounter such fraud, you just need not to submit your documents anywhere. But sometimes I really want to.
Maybe he was registering for a DOGecoin? Cheesy
thipdar

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2022, 08:26:33 PM

I am in shook. I always send my real ID's for KYC. I am afraid now hope nothing happens or no one will use my ID's for any bad act. But How do I go about the fake ID for the KYC? Any Idea?
Having someone else use your ID seems almost identical to the "double spending" problem that Bitcoin faced (and solved).
Do you supposed a blockchain solution could be implemented to solve this problem?
albon
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1371

View Profile
April 28, 2022, 09:27:34 PM

Years ago and so far I have not found a bounty of its conditions to submit KYC to claim tokens, but if there is a legit bounty that asks for KYC, I don't see a problem with that since each of us has an ID card, whoever resorts to submitting a fake ID is definitely not honest and has multiple accounts to cheat in the bounty or He has evil desires, so we must provide valid documents to the bounty or the Exchange platform that asks for it without resorting to illegal ways.

█████████████████████████
██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
█████████████████████████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
kaya11

Activity: 1302
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 28, 2022, 09:42:17 PM

Years ago and so far I have not found a bounty of its conditions to submit KYC to claim tokens, but if there is a legit bounty that asks for KYC, I don't see a problem with that since each of us has an ID card, whoever resorts to submitting a fake ID is definitely not honest and has multiple accounts to cheat in the bounty or He has evil desires, so we must provide valid documents to the bounty or the Exchange platform that asks for it without resorting to illegal ways.

I remember one token called Polymath, they have airdropped their coin to limited people and they required them to submit KYC including me. I don't know what they did to my identity but it was legit and I got 200 tokens worth more than 200 dollars when I sold it. I have experienced legit bounties way back and they did not need any KYC to received, but most of those projects failed and I do not know the reasons, one token had reached a total value of 1500 USD and it was the best token I have received just for doing simple task.
firmino10

Activity: 372
Merit: 11

elysian.finance

View Profile
May 06, 2022, 11:10:26 AM

what is paramount here, is the level of safety of information and control over ones details and information. KYC is important but not to the detriment of someone details been expose and no sense of privacy. sending of fake ID in some case can cause the investor to loose some fund, after verification fail to authenticate the investor. know the policies of any investment before releasing your identification. so to say is not just any investment one should invest in, though sometimes the returns can be tempting. one should just be careful before dropping ones information on any site

ELYSIAN FINANCE      Next generation reverse backed token   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
     Github  ◥ Telegram   ◥ Twitter   ◥ Discord             Trustless and decentralized 
                             ❱❱❱   JOIN Elysian Finance   ❰❰❰
19Nov16

Activity: 1722
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 06, 2022, 12:01:16 PM

Better to use real id, even though we can use fake id but if one day there is a problem then we will have difficulty recovering accounts and assets, most exchanges will lock the account that uses fake accounts, but if you have done KYC with fake account then don't ever Store too long, it's better to use for short -term trading (no more than a month).

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

MidNite36

Activity: 208
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2022, 02:23:03 PM

It's not advisable to use a fake identity for KYC, I have done something like this before and at one time when the platform got updated I was asked to update my KYC information again, but I couldn't because I have lost access to the identity information I once used in the past, it's safer to use yours or stay away from KYC.
ItsCrafty

Activity: 826
Merit: 135

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2022, 02:41:48 PM

It's not advisable to use a fake identity for KYC, I have done something like this before and at one time when the platform got updated I was asked to update my KYC information again, but I couldn't because I have lost access to the identity information I once used in the past, it's safer to use yours or stay away from KYC.
My cousin use the same fake I'd card for many exchanges and it was accepted
 He used these for even Binance kyc and got verified. I advice him not to do because it's very risky and if team find that then they will freeze all fund.  Mostly Users use this for airdrops because of greed.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
Ozero

Activity: 2044
Merit: 180

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
May 17, 2022, 06:31:38 AM

In this matter, you need to proceed from who and why requests KYC. If the exchange does this, then it is certainly better to send them your identification data, because in the future we have the possibility that we will lose access to our cryptocurrency. If this is from the project team in relation to bounty campaign participants, then here I do not see there is nothing wrong with sending them fake KYC. The fact is that the team of the new project does not have the right to generally require KYC from participants in bounty campaigns. Back in 2000, the FATF established that KYC can only be carried out for the purpose of preventing money laundering and combating the financing of terrorism. In this case, the transaction amount must be more than one thousand euros. These are the only KYC rules so far and do not apply to bounty campaign participants.

bakasabo
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1178

View Profile
May 17, 2022, 08:35:10 AM

In this matter, you need to proceed from who and why requests KYC. If the exchange does this, then it is certainly better to send them your identification data, because in the future we have the possibility that we will lose access to our cryptocurrency. If this is from the project team in relation to bounty campaign participants, then here I do not see there is nothing wrong with sending them fake KYC. The fact is that the team of the new project does not have the right to generally require KYC from participants in bounty campaigns. Back in 2000, the FATF established that KYC can only be carried out for the purpose of preventing money laundering and combating the financing of terrorism. In this case, the transaction amount must be more than one thousand euros. These are the only KYC rules so far and do not apply to bounty campaign participants.

What kind of fake KYC you are talking about? ID with your photo, but with corrected name, surname and other data? Or to use someone else ID to pass bounty KYC? Dont you think about karma, because with can frame someone by using their ID?

If bounty states that participant will have pass KYC, then it will be better to skip it, if they ask to pass KYC at the end of campaign, then they are shady and skip them. I try to stick to such rules. In case I feel like project is promising, reward is significant, I try to pass KYC with old, expired my documents or add watermark to a document, to prevent it from future shady usage.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
orangebic2020

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 14, 2022, 01:09:46 AM
Last edit: June 16, 2022, 12:11:49 PM by orangebic2020

I'm aware of ethical issues around faking ID for KYC but here's my argument
What if you live in a country that every centralized platforms,not only the exchanges, do not accept customers from?
I'm surprised that no one seeing one of the most obvious purposes of bitcoin being dismissed specially for the people who need it the most. People are getting scammed daily from fake fake id providers here, we must atleast talk and keep an open mind about this problem.
In case of exchanges, well there are some decentralized alternatives which doesn't need KYC but when it comes to De-fi/Ce-fi protocols and services that preach "debank yourself" and "financial freedom" this is madness imo. I can't trust a shady protocol with only hundreds of liquidity providers with my money. For using more legit services faking your identity seems like the only option.
I just wanna let every one know most people who fake their ID do it because they have no other choice and they know how risky it is. They buy phone numbers and all of that only to be able to find a way to survive against their countries failing currency.

Bitcoin would be convenient for people who don't have a credit card or don't want to use the cards they have, either don't want the spouse to see it on the bill or don't trust giving their number to "porn guys", or afraid of recurring billing.
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: