Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 04:11:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Sending in fake ID for KYC  (Read 89316 times)
demenBTC

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

PRIVATE FEDERATED BLOCKCHAIN

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 07:46:53 PM

Kyc has been running for a long time and it runs safely without any constraints to the owner of Kyc, Kyc for an ICO / Crypto market project is held with the aim of avoiding money laundering
this is the truth

██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀██████████
████████▀░▄██████████▄░▀████████
██████▀░████████▀▀▀█████░▀██████
█████░░███████▀░░░░██████░░█████
████░░██████▀░░▄██░███████░░████
███░░█████▀░░▄███░▄████████░░███
████████▀░░▄████░░██████████▀▀██
█░░░░██░░▄█████░░█████▀░░██░░░░█
██████████████░░████▀░░▄████▄▄██
███░░████████▀░███▀░░▄█████░░███
████░░███████░██▀░░▄██████░░████
█████░░██████░░░░▄███████░░█████
██████▄░█████▄▄▄████████░▄██████
████████▄░▀██████████▀░▄████████
██████████▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████████

ZROCOR    
  PRIVATE FEDERATED NETWORK 
CREATING THE MOST ACCESSIBLE PLATFORM
                 FOR SELF-ACTUALIZATION               
FACEBOOK  ♦  TWITTER   ♦   WHITEPAPER   ♦   ZAPPS   ♦   GITHUB
     ZROCOR    
  PRIVATE FEDERATED NETWORK 

██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀██████████
████████▀░▄██████████▄░▀████████
██████▀░████████▀▀▀█████░▀██████
█████░░███████▀░░░░██████░░█████
████░░██████▀░░▄██░███████░░████
███░░█████▀░░▄███░▄████████░░███
████████▀░░▄████░░██████████▀▀██
█░░░░██░░▄█████░░█████▀░░██░░░░█
██████████████░░████▀░░▄████▄▄██
███░░████████▀░███▀░░▄█████░░███
████░░███████░██▀░░▄██████░░████
█████░░██████░░░░▄███████░░█████
██████▄░█████▄▄▄████████░▄██████
████████▄░▀██████████▀░▄████████
██████████▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████████

vanya.pronin.1983

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 07:52:54 PM

I am strongly against such things, because as you mentioned it is simply not fair against other participants. People are working hard and scammers with multi accounts and some docs are getting thee most possible rewards multiple times.
TrevorS

Activity: 1050
Merit: 377

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 07:55:33 PM

Sending fake data you are committed not only the wrong deed but also a crime. And also you are setting up a stranger to you, in whose place you can easily find yourself.

▄█████▄
                       ██   ██
  ▄▄▄                  ▀█▄▄▄█▀
▄█████▄                 ▀███▀
███████                   ▀
 ▀███▀
  ▀███                   ▄██
   ████                 ▄██▀
    ████              ▄███▀
     ████▄▄        ▄▄████
      ▀██████▄▄▄▄██████▀
        ▀▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀▀▀
||..THE WORLDS FIRST...........
..SOCIAL UTILITY CRYPTO..
|████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ▐█████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████    ████████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
|█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
UniversityCoin

Activity: 714
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 11:48:12 PM

I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.

NOT FAIR.

In many countries, the forgery of documents or the provision of other people's documents is prosecuted. I do not want to have problems with the law, so I give my documents, what others do is their business.
nicecrypto

Activity: 1260
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2019, 09:08:08 AM

i actually never new about this or it never occur to me that one can actually send fake ID for verification  Wink all the while i normally send in my correct info for verification but after reading through this topic i kinda felt stupid for doing that, really what exactly do they do with our info after kyc? i think am done with project requesting kyc, i wont be given my personal information out to unknown project owners.
overnight03

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 09:35:34 AM

Unfortunately some people make fake identities and send them to pass KYC. I have never used fake identities for KYC because I have never trusted shit icos or new exchanges. Always be careful about your personal informations.
The best solution to avoid information theft is to participate in good and reputable ICO projects. If we don't trust a project, we should not participate because its rewards will be very small

RasenShuriken

Activity: 560

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 09:41:12 AM

If they are collecting the data from the KYC, then they are scamming you because the purpose of the KYC is to determine whether the users is a real one or a fake one.
marjil

Activity: 454
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 09:57:23 AM

I don't know why anyone would be asked to send in ID docs or even why KYC is needed for ICO's. I know most of the ICO's now insist on KYC in order for anyone to buy their coins during their initial sale periods but I see no reason for it.

sehoon

Activity: 840
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 10:21:01 AM

I think KYCs are different. Some of them require information that shouldn't be shared and some of them just wants the information in your I.D. It will just depend on you whether you want to pass those or not. I think faking the information the you want to give is a good idea for me. I think this is a revolution on KYC itself. And if you are against it, we guys should show it to them that we dislike the idea of having KYC in bounties. But one of the bounties that I joined that had KYC ended up as a good one. After that, I never joined a bounty that has a KYC.

mammoniter

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2019, 01:34:50 PM

I think its unfair and at the same time very risky. Its unfair for others who send their real information and its risky on the part of the sender because he or she might get caught and end up with nothing. But I think the real issue is whether its safe or not to send your personal info in KYC procedure.

dimonarka

Activity: 994
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 01:54:51 PM

I think that this is not necessary. I'm against it. Sooner or later they will find out. Forging documents is at least illegal. It is possible and in an honest way using your document pass KYC.
trudovik

Activity: 546

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 02:29:38 PM

This is indeed possible, and as far as I understand, many people today use this successfully, because nothing else can be done, because no one can control the situation with certainty, but I am sure that the base is going to successfully
Haxor321

Activity: 489
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 02:42:44 PM

I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.

NOT FAIR.

It is really unfair to know that there are people who have been using fake ID for them to finished their requirements. While we use to passed ou true information to complete our requirements. I hope that they should realize that they are being unfair, i understand that they don't want to submit their true identity but they still need to submit it fairly.
altscaner

Activity: 269
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 03:31:07 PM

in my opinion if it can be done better because the personal data is very valuable, but if the cyc from the public document that has been edited is unsuccessful and maybe I need it right away, I will submit personal data to kyc  verification

Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 07:28:08 PM

It is better not to send your ID to strangers at all. The bad ones could easily misuse this identities without being held accountable. I am not sure if there is any  law against the misuse of  identity by anonymous people on the internet.
People creating fake ID is expected. Criminals always get anything they want  in unjust situation while law abiding people dont.
Cryptrx

Activity: 498
Merit: 1

Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 07:45:14 PM

I don't see anything obviously wrong in sending fake id for kyc since most of these ICOs shouldn't be trusted with personal information for security reasons. And it's very difficult for them to authentic received kyc details since a number of them resort to manual verification and not by going through public records.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND •
Micerker

Activity: 593
Merit: 100

BBOD The Best Derivatives Exchange

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2019, 07:48:59 PM

That is more common now. Many projects require KYC, but many people have sent fake KYC to defeat and overcome it. Due to the amount of KYC sent, the censorship team could not remove all fake IDs. Currently, there are many forms of KYC, but many different forms from users can defeat all.

Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 07:51:36 PM

I know couple of people who represented not their ID during the registration with KYC system and they think that they fooled successfully the site. For now they both OK, but who knows how such cheating will turn in time.
Mmesooma1
Copper Member

Activity: 150
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 08:32:24 PM

NOT FAIR.

from my experience so far having participated in over 20kycs. The best kycs are those that involve a live picture of the individual with id card or passport and date of kyc application with project name all held up.

levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 09:06:45 PM

If i had a fake id i would surely try this.

Because there are lots of things asking for our private information and mostly we don't even know our information is secure or not at all.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: