Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 11:40:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Sending in fake ID for KYC  (Read 89308 times)
tuiputui

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:24:03 PM

They don´t need to double-check data with your local authorities, of course.. it´s all about compliance.. any serious ico should delete files inmidiatelly after review. The reason to do KYC is to prevent legal problems in countries where ICO are forbidden.. (guess if you run a popular ICO with no KYC and you land in the USA... you can  be inmediatelly charged with a legal crime.. and have to respond a few questions and maybe got charges for selling to potential USA investors.. otherwise KYC is a piece of mind for any company doing an ICO, to justify no USA/etc investor could purchase your "ilegal" product there cause you had a KYC process.)
xda-developer

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:32:19 PM

They don´t need to double-check data with your local authorities, of course.. it´s all about compliance.. any serious ico should delete files inmidiatelly after review. The reason to do KYC is to prevent legal problems in countries where ICO are forbidden.. (guess if you run a popular ICO with no KYC and you land in the USA... you can  be inmediatelly charged with a legal crime.. and have to respond a few questions and maybe got charges for selling to potential USA investors.. otherwise KYC is a piece of mind for any company doing an ICO, to justify no USA/etc investor could purchase your "ilegal" product there cause you had a KYC process.)

I don't think that they delete KYC files. The real reason for collecting of IDs - to have evidence for regulators. And I think that they will store all data 5 years at least

ingiltere
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 1500

Rollbit.com Crypto Futures

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:38:55 PM

They don´t need to double-check data with your local authorities, of course.. it´s all about compliance.. any serious ico should delete files inmidiatelly after review.

None of them delete any info, some of them even sell or use these info.
There are too many fake ICO's, some have only this purpose, to collect ID data and use/sell for various reasons.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
tuiputui

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:41:19 PM

They don´t need to double-check data with your local authorities, of course.. it´s all about compliance.. any serious ico should delete files inmidiatelly after review. The reason to do KYC is to prevent legal problems in countries where ICO are forbidden.. (guess if you run a popular ICO with no KYC and you land in the USA... you can  be inmediatelly charged with a legal crime.. and have to respond a few questions and maybe got charges for selling to potential USA investors.. otherwise KYC is a piece of mind for any company doing an ICO, to justify no USA/etc investor could purchase your "ilegal" product there cause you had a KYC process.)

I don't think that they delete KYC files. The real reason for collecting of IDs - to have evidence for regulators. And I think that they will store all data 5 years at least

I think the evidence is the KYC process itself, not sending thousands of docs to a regultator gov to check one by one during days if any country citizen invested in the ico. But that´s just my guess
tuiputui

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:47:21 PM

They don´t need to double-check data with your local authorities, of course.. it´s all about compliance.. any serious ico should delete files inmidiatelly after review.

There are too many fake ICO's, some have only this purpose, to collect ID data and use/sell for various reasons.

I said "serious" ICO.. check the cost to run any decent ICO in terms of marketing, developers, advisors, exchanges, etc.. i doubt the reward of selling some kyc´s could cover just a small portion of it all... but if you see a low profile ICO, with red flags and low budget asking for your passport, then it´s probably not a good idea to apply...
jackolinyoko

Activity: 204
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:50:26 PM

Yeah definitely a good idea when you dont want your IDs getting sold in the deepweb you can easily create a fake ID for your verification but make sure that your ID will have your face so that if the KYC will require you to have selfie you can send it without any hassle.My friends from the U.S are doing this so that they can still participate with these ICOs.

reypinioco

Activity: 182
Merit: 19

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:59:21 PM

This is really a good idea especially when you want to participate in ICOs and you are living in U.S based,you could easily other's identity so you will be accepted by these ICOs,i really like this because you wont have to worry about the SEC's regulations anymore,but be careful because you might still get caught when KYC will require you to submit some selfie with your ID.

Read Our WHITEPAPER              (((     BIDIUM     )))           Pre-ICO Active | Join NOW!
Revolutionizing Auction & Freelance Hiring with a Crypto Exchange Powered by Blockchain
███████████ |     FACEBOOK     |       TWITTER       |     TELEGRAM     | ███████████
totnaksquad

Activity: 182

Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:04:33 PM

Really a good idea,especially when you are living in country which are prohibiting you from joining these ICOs,and it will be more safe for you to send fake IDs because you dont want your real IDs to be sold at the deepweb which may cause you alot of trouble,the best thing to do is use fake IDs because these people whom are conducting KYCs are just checking out when you lived in U.S.

cryptoatomic

Activity: 168
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:13:35 PM

Surely its unfait because our data might be sold to anyone,or worst it can be use to some illegal activities and we will just be suprised one day we will face a lot of criminal charges because these people has use our identity to some wrong doings,to prevent that from happening you can send that fake IDs because you can get these IDs in some forgery websites.
Fahim

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:33:34 PM

I read an article about that one dude sent a photo of his dog to confirm the documents. And they were approved. I unfortunately did not remember what kind of project it was. But the confirmation was received in 15 minutes. However, this can not be avoided, so as not to encounter such fraud, you just need not to submit your documents anywhere. But sometimes I really want to.
cryptopussies

Activity: 196

HEXCASH - Decentralized Fun

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:37:56 PM

That is the very best thing to do to protect yourselves from these ICOs that are requiring KYC verifications because you might not know when will these people sell your IDs in the darkweb or some cindicates in the internet,privacy will be our first priority and sometimes you will need to break the rules just to be safe from these people.

Website            ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇ VELOX ◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ ANN Thread
Whitepaper     The Future of Anonymous Trading      ◆ Twitter       
Discord             ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ Telegram   
IvyAguas

Activity: 69
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:41:27 PM

I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.

NOT FAIR.

This scenario happens in even in actual market, there's a lot of people who try to fake their identities just to finish their illegal activities without anyone noticing it. If the risk in actual economy is high for those fake identity, how much more in crypto market since we cannot verify such information unless we go over to the person directly. For me even KYC will not kill illegal acts
proexcept

Activity: 308
Merit: 156

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:44:08 PM

Using of fake ID is a violation of the law. I am sure/hope that these people will be punished. I prefer to participate honestly in all projects.

⚫ ⚫ ⚫Make even more profit on crypto trading with secure automatic trading https://trade-mate.io⚫ ⚫ ⚫
Fatunad

Activity: 2240
Merit: 353

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:45:05 PM

No matter what would be the reason.Its still dangerous to give out our personal informations to other people/company/organizations since we dont have the full control of their minds and might end up on those informations to be sold out into illegal market which would really make our identity compromised already and thats why when i find out about KYC rules on an ICO then i easily pass out.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
cryptomema

Activity: 224
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:46:59 PM

That would be a good move,because if these people will sell your IDs in the internet you wont have to worry about your informations leaking in public because you have sent some fake IDS which doesnt have your information.This really going to be the bes thing if you are living in U.S and you want to invest with these ICOs,you can easily break the rules without getting caught.

balrog

Activity: 448
Merit: 37

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 09:52:37 PM

Those who sending fake ID are taking the risk , because if they will be caught - they will loss their funds . But from another side , I do not support KYC , because our personal information safety can't be guaranteed . So applying with a fake or real ID is choice, which everyone have to make by himself
hieuho381

Activity: 504
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:56:42 PM

Those who sending fake ID are taking the risk , because if they will be caught - they will loss their funds . But from another side , I do not support KYC , because our personal information safety can't be guaranteed . So applying with a fake or real ID is choice, which everyone have to make by himself
Right. Although you can still send fake IDs when verifying KYC if you start with photoshop or you can hire someone to do this but you will lose all the money you invested if the management team of your project invested Find out you are cheating. Make a serious investment and honestly that is what you should do in this market.
BeEvil

Activity: 406
Merit: 131

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:14:22 PM

As I see, there are many newcomers who send everywhere fake data. Interesting is the fear of showing someone a piece of paper with their name, photo, and some digits. Which is issued by the state(which is the tool of suppression number one), and which already sharing these data with corporations and so on. I think that these newcomers are themselves scamers, and afraid of exposure.

Everyone knows that anonymity on the Internet is a myth
valnd

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

Until the end of time

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:15:07 PM

I am in shook. I always send my real ID's for KYC. I am afraid now hope nothing happens or no one will use my ID's for any bad act. But How do I go about the fake ID for the KYC? Any Idea?
Daffadile

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 06:56:05 AM

I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.

NOT FAIR.

KYC is just a formality to avoid government interference. To make it short, they don't really care if your ID is fake or not because  ICO team are just complying to avoid any problem that may occur.

There are no problems that will accure. It is just BS!!!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: