Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:35:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HOW TO STOP HACKERS TO HACK YOUR CRYPTO WALLET  (Read 5304 times)
youngmobi

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 08:52:05 PM

HOW TO STOP HACKERS FROM HACKING INTO YOUR WALLET

you need to hide your email account and also avoid some of your details from unknown  website and also always check the  eth wallet that you use  and youR need to keep your private key safe with you and you dont need to share it to any one
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MNtrio

Activity: 248
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 09:13:52 PM

Nice information for beginner here. bitcoin has attract many peoples including the bad one such as hacker and scammer.
you must protect your wallet, never trust anyone. it will safe.
Exactly, also being humble can decrease the percentage og being hack. Hackers only hack those account if they know that it has a lot of money. So we must be humble all the time so that we can avoid scammer.
cosmicart

Activity: 378
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 09:35:28 PM

Thank you so much for the info, i got my email protected with 2fa and all my wallets and accounts are chained with google authenticator, i gat my private keys backed up too
snuggleGuru

Activity: 26

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 09:54:50 PM

Cold wallets, cant stress that enough how important they are.
19nataliya12

Activity: 154
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 10:27:32 PM

Consider the possibility of storing large amounts in the crypto currency in a "cold wallet" on the Internet. "Cold Wallet" is a technology for storing Bitcoins in an offline mode on hard disks or even on paper. Hackers simply do not get to your savings. "Hot wallet", on the contrary, is connected to the Internet. It should be used for daily transactions and settlements, whereas a "cold wallet" can be your savings account.
yusupjatigumilar

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 10:38:34 PM

it back to us, how our hearts to maintain the confidentiality of our account, one way is to not carelessly enter the private key, first note the site is what our wallet site or just a fishing site only
Dondont

Activity: 446
Merit: 12

BitbondSTO.com | Germany’s First STO

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 10:45:24 PM

5th: Do not trust PUBLIC WIFI 

It's quite good to have access with free wifi's but have you think this: IS THIS A SAFE NETWORK? without you knowing maybe some of the people connected to that same network may have idea and skill on how to sniff passwords and credentials this method was so called DNS SPOOFING or SNIFFING if you want to use public wifi then use it not just with your bitcoin transactions.

in my opinion, this method has begun to be abandoned, because in addition to the current security of Public Wifi is indeed increasing, this method is not effective anymore, the current method is by the presence of suspicious links that go into our email which will be directed to the site phishing

bitterguy28

Activity: 2002
Merit: 175

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 10:47:39 PM

difficult to stop hackers to hack our crypto wallet to avoid this situation you need to take care of your online wallet always check your wallet account if they need to change private key or password every month or depend on the people how to takeing care of their wallet, and most important to avoid losing of your wallet every time you are changing your key put take note in the piece of paper and keep it into safe storage.

coinholic

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 11:02:18 PM

HOW TO STOP HACKERS TO HACK YOUR CRYPTO WALLET
Protect yourself from cyber criminals

Good day to all of you guys I am EdsnowAngel a programmer and a bit security tester in different platforms. Now I heard to my friends a lot of concerns saying "please help me my bitcoin wallet was hacked!!"
Ok ok first thing first when your bitcoin wallet gets compromised then your funds was send in different wallet then it is irreversible meaning no return of funds!! so I wanna tell everyone how to protect your bitcoin wallet from such kind of situation.

1st: Protect your GMAIL or EMAIL ACCOUNT

We all know we use GMAIL as our email provider for such accounts like blockchain then we can recover and approve login with email in some wallets, now when your email account was targeted and get compromised then say goodbye to your bitcoin.To secure your bitcoin wallet(ex: blockchain or other) go to your google account settings. and then turn on the 2FA(2nd factor authentication) here is the guide on how to do it: STEP BY STEP GUIDE

2nd: Use your own DEVICE or COMPUTER/PHONE

It's a very bad idea to use someones device(ex:from friend) to make a transaction in your bitcoin wallet why? because first you don't know what is the capability of that person regarding that matters and you don't know if that phone has a lot of malwares and spywares.So we cannot say that you are safe using someones device to make transactions.

3rd: Always backup you PK's or PRIVATE KEYS

This is the most important thing to remember for everyone using your ETH or BTC wallet without backing up your Private keys then you can't recover you wallet in case you forgot your wallet.PK's are very important but there are thing you should do first. Make sure you store your PK backup somewhere that you only know and not from your computer because there are some spyware that might inside of your computer that can steal that file so make sure you back it up print in a paper and hide it to the place where you only know.

4th: Don't open links from malicious emails

This method was called email phishing where an attacker will send the same email in thousands of random users once the victim will click the link in that email then his or her device was compromised to avoid this please do not click the links included in the email immediately please always have time to check who is the sender of that email and if that email is came from the site where it supposed to came from.

It's quite good to have access with free wifi's but have you think this: IS THIS A SAFE NETWORK? without you knowing maybe some of the people connected to that same network may have idea and skill on how to sniff passwords and credentials this method was so called DNS SPOOFING or SNIFFING if you want to use public wifi then use it not just with your bitcoin transactions.

6th: Do not login on Suspicious links

This method is called PHISHING where an attacker  will send you a link to login with your bitcoin wallet luring you with the legitimate site example is:
the real site is: https://www.blockchain.info/
the fake site is: http://www.blockchain.ga/

then once you login to the fake site then the hacker or attacker will have now your credentials. Please always check for the green lock on the url bar and the word HTTPS in the link.

so this are some of the way to stop hackers to hack your bitcoin or crypto wallet. If you have other information then you can comment it down and lets help others.
You have some good points. These will surely help a lot of our forum colleagues on this subject. But we must understand that we can never stop hackers from doing what they do. We can only prevent them by doing these preventive measures or avoiding any suspicious or malicious sites. Stopping is different from preventing. Something we need to distinguish to make things clearer.

hadveach

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:21:45 PM

thanks for the information bro, very useful, and make me a little calm and the worried was gone.

I'm asking permission to share this tip with the crypto community in my city. so I hope we can prevent hacking. because our crypto community is active every month.
adjudicator

Activity: 281

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:27:58 PM

Good day to all of you guys I am EdsnowAngel a programmer and a bit security tester in different platforms. Now I heard to my friends a lot of concerns saying "please help me my bitcoin wallet was hacked!!"
Ok ok first thing first when your bitcoin wallet gets compromised then your funds was send in different wallet then it is irreversible meaning no return of funds!! so I wanna tell everyone how to protect your bitcoin wallet from such kind of situation.

We all know we use GMAIL as our email provider for such accounts like blockchain then we can recover and approve login with email in some wallets, now when your email account was targeted and get compromised then say goodbye to your bitcoin.To secure your bitcoin wallet(ex: blockchain or other) go to your google account settings. and then turn on the 2FA(2nd factor authentication) here is the guide on how to do it: STEP BY STEP GUIDE

It's a very bad idea to use someones device(ex:from friend) to make a transaction in your bitcoin wallet why? because first you don't know what is the capability of that person regarding that matters and you don't know if that phone has a lot of malwares and spywares.So we cannot say that you are safe using someones device to make transactions.

This is the most important thing to remember for everyone using your ETH or BTC wallet without backing up your Private keys then you can't recover you wallet in case you forgot your wallet.PK's are very important but there are thing you should do first. Make sure you store your PK backup somewhere that you only know and not from your computer because there are some spyware that might inside of your computer that can steal that file so make sure you back it up print in a paper and hide it to the place where you only know.

This method was called email phishing where an attacker will send the same email in thousands of random users once the victim will click the link in that email then his or her device was compromised to avoid this please do not click the links included in the email immediately please always have time to check who is the sender of that email and if that email is came from the site where it supposed to came from.

This method is called PHISHING where an attacker  will send you a link to login with your bitcoin wallet luring you with the legitimate site example is:

then once you login to the fake site then the hacker or attacker will have now your credentials. Please always check for the green lock on the url bar and the word HTTPS in the link.

so this are some of the way to stop hackers to hack your bitcoin or crypto wallet. If you have other information then you can comment it down and lets help others.
Thank you very much for the information, I think it can help me to be smarter when I am using my wallet. I think these tips will guide me to be safer and more secured when I am usig my wallet.

DRIFE      Pre-sale: December 2018
████ BNEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM ████
  ●●● Facebook ●● Twitter ●● Telegram ●● BTC ●● Whitepaper ●●● 
apolonio

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:38:44 PM

It is simple first is taking care of our password to protect our wallets and accounts. Only us will use or have an access in our gadgets like our laptops and cellphone so that no one can get personal info that can hack your accounts. Then avoid entering not common links and avoid connecting others wifi to avoid others to access in your accouns.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
edsnowangel (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 39

Citowise-Developing Crypotpayment Infrastructure

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 12:43:07 AM

in my opinion, this method has begun to be abandoned, because in addition to the current security of Public Wifi is indeed increasing, this method is not effective anymore, the current method is by the presence of suspicious links that go into our email which will be directed to the site phishing

You got it wrong spoofing of network still going actually I have a demo about that Smiley as the security increase the hack also increases this is what hapening to ou r world the hackers will not stop hacking for money for crypto and power

sd
Best Dreams

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 05:00:53 AM

Just keep for yourself all the important details of your account.Dont share it to others.
This is the best way to safe your bitcoin from the reach of hackers and they get a chance to hack your bitcoin when you let them do this, don’t share your wallet private things like your key and your password and while you are using bitcoin to pay for from thing remove your key password from the machine properly. So a small care can help you to keep your bitcoin away from hackers.
CJPEREZ

Activity: 121

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 05:39:42 AM

Wow thank you for this information this information is really helpful specially for the beginners in crypto world. This information stopped the hacker to hack you account in crypto wallet and make secured your wallet in crypto this is so helpful for the beginners like me Thank you.
edsnowangel (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 05:49:07 AM

Just keep for yourself all the important details of your account.Dont share it to others.
This is the best way to safe your bitcoin from the reach of hackers and they get a chance to hack your bitcoin when you let them do this, don’t share your wallet private things like your key and your password and while you are using bitcoin to pay for from thing remove your key password from the machine properly. So a small care can help you to keep your bitcoin away from hackers.

There are lots of way hackers can get your PK and passwords even you don't share it to others, not sharing to others doesn't mean you can't be hack there are dozen of ways of hacks a hacker can do tp get all information from you without even you knowing and before you know it you are already get hacked maybe other way to protect yourself in the internet

sd
chengyinoing01

Activity: 131
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 06:20:17 AM

We can create complex passwords. When you register an account on an application or website, you should use a password with Numbers, lowercase letters, and unguessed special characters.

Use dual authentication. Dual authentication requires that you enter a username and password and then enter a code that is sent to you via text message or other service before accessing the account. Even if hackers can crack your password, it's hard to access your information.
edsnowangel (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 07:41:44 AM

We can create complex passwords. When you register an account on an application or website, you should use a password with Numbers, lowercase letters, and unguessed special characters.

Use dual authentication. Dual authentication requires that you enter a username and password and then enter a code that is sent to you via text message or other service before accessing the account. Even if hackers can crack your password, it's hard to access your information.

yah but no matter how hard your password is Smiley then you have weak security then it's useless Smiley

sd
blu.storm

Activity: 320
Merit: 17

free space pm if interessed

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:40:29 AM
Merited by cantdecide (1)

excellent information for newbies in reality is enough just a little attention and small steps to be safe, keep well your private keys make sure that the site is the original one and if possible use the 2FA

free space pm if interessed
Geor

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 01:08:27 PM

This method is called PHISHING where an attacker  will send you a link to login with your bitcoin wallet luring you with the legitimate site example is:

Logically speaking, I don't know how to stop them and I don't know what they are doing. I did all those things you said, and it is just to protect your wallet but it is not a way to stop them.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: