Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 10:53:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HOW TO STOP HACKERS TO HACK YOUR CRYPTO WALLET  (Read 5308 times)
edsnowangel (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 39

Citowise-Developing Crypotpayment Infrastructure

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 01:13:59 PM

HOW TO STOP HACKERS TO HACK YOUR CRYPTO WALLET
Protect yourself from cyber criminals

Good day to all of you guys I am EdsnowAngel a programmer and a bit security tester in different platforms. Now I heard to my friends a lot of concerns saying "please help me my bitcoin wallet was hacked!!"
Ok ok first thing first when your bitcoin wallet gets compromised then your funds was send in different wallet then it is irreversible meaning no return of funds!! so I wanna tell everyone how to protect your bitcoin wallet from such kind of situation.

1st: Protect your GMAIL or EMAIL ACCOUNT

We all know we use GMAIL as our email provider for such accounts like blockchain then we can recover and approve login with email in some wallets, now when your email account was targeted and get compromised then say goodbye to your bitcoin.To secure your bitcoin wallet(ex: blockchain or other) go to your google account settings. and then turn on the 2FA(2nd factor authentication) here is the guide on how to do it: STEP BY STEP GUIDE

2nd: Use your own DEVICE or COMPUTER/PHONE

It's a very bad idea to use someones device(ex:from friend) to make a transaction in your bitcoin wallet why? because first you don't know what is the capability of that person regarding that matters and you don't know if that phone has a lot of malwares and spywares.So we cannot say that you are safe using someones device to make transactions.

3rd: Always backup you PK's or PRIVATE KEYS

This is the most important thing to remember for everyone using your ETH or BTC wallet without backing up your Private keys then you can't recover you wallet in case you forgot your wallet.PK's are very important but there are thing you should do first. Make sure you store your PK backup somewhere that you only know and not from your computer because there are some spyware that might inside of your computer that can steal that file so make sure you back it up print in a paper and hide it to the place where you only know.

4th: Don't open links from malicious emails

This method was called email phishing where an attacker will send the same email in thousands of random users once the victim will click the link in that email then his or her device was compromised to avoid this please do not click the links included in the email immediately please always have time to check who is the sender of that email and if that email is came from the site where it supposed to came from.

5th: Do not trust PUBLIC WIFI 

It's quite good to have access with free wifi's but have you think this: IS THIS A SAFE NETWORK? without you knowing maybe some of the people connected to that same network may have idea and skill on how to sniff passwords and credentials this method was so called DNS SPOOFING or SNIFFING if you want to use public wifi then use it not just with your bitcoin transactions.

6th: Do not login on Suspicious links

This method is called PHISHING where an attacker  will send you a link to login with your bitcoin wallet luring you with the legitimate site example is:
the real site is: https://www.blockchain.info/
the fake site is: http://www.blockchain.ga/

then once you login to the fake site then the hacker or attacker will have now your credentials. Please always check for the green lock on the url bar and the word HTTPS in the link.

so this are some of the way to stop hackers to hack your bitcoin or crypto wallet. If you have other information then you can comment it down and lets help others.
Logically speaking, I don't know how to stop them and I don't know what they are doing. I did all those things you said, and it is just to protect your wallet but it is not a way to stop them.

for me it's a way to stop them from hacking you when you did this things example logging in to suspicious sites

attacker will try to lure you with fake web then you refuse then you stop the possible bad outcomes so you stop them from hacking you

sd
goku21

Activity: 336
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 01:16:49 PM

the most effective way to get security in your email and wallet to hack your wallet is to just charge it 2pa if they withdraw your funds from the wallet they just do not have to pay off because it has a code
triwiji rinaldi

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 01:18:13 PM

nice information for beginner in crypto like me Wink thank you guys
fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 01:18:38 PM

at least we've chosen a website making a safe wallet. because the most vulnerable to phishing is a wallet website. so be careful. the rest are not too risky.
edsnowangel (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 01:24:08 PM

at least we've chosen a website making a safe wallet. because the most vulnerable to phishing is a wallet website. so be careful. the rest are not too risky.

yes choosing the best wallet is the right thing to do because there are lot of wallets that are doing the same thing sending receiving but have lower security than other wallets

sd
Nekroser

Activity: 392
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 01:27:34 PM

How can I steal my data in public Wi-Fi if I use a hardware wallet for a transaction? Explain to me please. (Except for phishing, it's too primitive)
dhanushilakshani

Activity: 177
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 01:30:47 PM

I recommend you to buy a hardware wallet like Trezor or Ledger nano s . It is very safe
edsnowangel (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 01:37:39 PM

How can I steal my data in public Wi-Fi if I use a hardware wallet for a transaction? Explain to me please. (Except for phishing, it's too primitive)

sniffing your packets Smiley also called man in the middle there are lot of ways to do it Smiley

sd
ranman09

Activity: 756
Merit: 112

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 01:44:38 PM

It's quite good to have access with free wifi's but have you think this: IS THIS A SAFE NETWORK? without you knowing maybe some of the people connected to that same network may have idea and skill on how to sniff passwords and credentials this method was so called DNS SPOOFING or SNIFFING if you want to use public wifi then use it not just with your bitcoin transactions.

This is one of the best things to say for some bitcoin beginners. They always tend to be happy and enjoy public FREE wifis. But they don't even know what the risk is.

If you check the DNS of a wifi network you will see that it is different and I find somehow unusual. Yes, they have their own DNS server. Most of the wifi networks I know is using 192.168.1.1 (to get from the ISP) as DNS, the OpenDNS DNSs (208.67.222.222 & 208.67.220.220) as DNS or 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 DNS from Google.

If I'm unfamiliar with the DNS I don't do bitcoin transactions or any login attempt. Most case's I don't use it.
edsnowangel (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 01:49:41 PM

This is one of the best things to say for some bitcoin beginners. They always tend to be happy and enjoy public FREE wifis. But they don't even know what the risk is.

If you check the DNS of a wifi network you will see that it is different and I find somehow unusual. Yes, they have their own DNS server. Most of the wifi networks I know is using 192.168.1.1 (to get from the ISP) as DNS, the OpenDNS DNSs (208.67.222.222 & 208.67.220.220) as DNS or 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 DNS from Google.

If I'm unfamiliar with the DNS I don't do bitcoin transactions or any login attempt. Most case's I don't use it.

yes mostly spoofing the network is hard to see but if you are using some sort of securing your DNS then there is a way to protect you but believe it or not most of people don't configure their network and security

sd
SlickMoTwoToe

Activity: 438
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 01:56:10 PM

It is very helpful and worth in reading specially on the brand new on this crypto currency many people got hack because they didn't know on how to protect their own coin and they didn't know on how to put the security to prevent being hack, I always put 2fa for evey account and I didn't log in on public wifi this is the very high risk on getting hack because if you connect public wifi many hacker can hack your account just use your own wifi.
edsnowangel (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 02:00:32 PM

It is very helpful and worth in reading specially on the brand new on this crypto currency many people got hack because they didn't know on how to protect their own coin and they didn't know on how to put the security to prevent being hack, I always put 2fa for evey account and I didn't log in on public wifi this is the very high risk on getting hack because if you connect public wifi many hacker can hack your account just use your own wifi.

providing a simple pocket wifi is not that hard that's why many people are depending on public wifi because it is free and no charge at all but as they use it they don't even understand the risk  this is to spread awareness to them

sd
Sedorikku

Activity: 99

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 02:07:13 PM

Good day to all of you guys I am EdsnowAngel a programmer and a bit security tester in different platforms. Now I heard to my friends a lot of concerns saying "please help me my bitcoin wallet was hacked!!"
Ok ok first thing first when your bitcoin wallet gets compromised then your funds was send in different wallet then it is irreversible meaning no return of funds!! so I wanna tell everyone how to protect your bitcoin wallet from such kind of situation.

We all know we use GMAIL as our email provider for such accounts like blockchain then we can recover and approve login with email in some wallets, now when your email account was targeted and get compromised then say goodbye to your bitcoin.To secure your bitcoin wallet(ex: blockchain or other) go to your google account settings. and then turn on the 2FA(2nd factor authentication) here is the guide on how to do it: STEP BY STEP GUIDE

It's a very bad idea to use someones device(ex:from friend) to make a transaction in your bitcoin wallet why? because first you don't know what is the capability of that person regarding that matters and you don't know if that phone has a lot of malwares and spywares.So we cannot say that you are safe using someones device to make transactions.

This is the most important thing to remember for everyone using your ETH or BTC wallet without backing up your Private keys then you can't recover you wallet in case you forgot your wallet.PK's are very important but there are thing you should do first. Make sure you store your PK backup somewhere that you only know and not from your computer because there are some spyware that might inside of your computer that can steal that file so make sure you back it up print in a paper and hide it to the place where you only know.

This method was called email phishing where an attacker will send the same email in thousands of random users once the victim will click the link in that email then his or her device was compromised to avoid this please do not click the links included in the email immediately please always have time to check who is the sender of that email and if that email is came from the site where it supposed to came from.

This method is called PHISHING where an attacker  will send you a link to login with your bitcoin wallet luring you with the legitimate site example is:

then once you login to the fake site then the hacker or attacker will have now your credentials. Please always check for the green lock on the url bar and the word HTTPS in the link.

so this are some of the way to stop hackers to hack your bitcoin or crypto wallet. If you have other information then you can comment it down and lets help others.
there are many things that can we do for our sake of privacy and to help us in preventing our cryto wallets to hackers. Nowadays,  the development of our technology has been doing a lot of things in our society, it can be good or bad. But there are things that we should do for us to be safe and that is be aware and be knowledgeable about the hackers.
Haliburton

Activity: 502
Merit: 118

Liberated Forever. Domesticated Never.

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 02:13:12 PM

Thank you for this comprehensive list on how to secure Bitcoins against hacks. I usually keep my Bitcoins in a paper wallet that was made offline. I used a fresh installation of Ubuntu and made sure that WIFI, and other signals such as Bluetooth were off. With this, I think that my Bitcoins could never be hacked or stolen, unless someone gets access to my paper wallet hidden at my place.

Therefore, it is up to the individual to secure his/her Bitcoins by following the necessary precautions to stay safe in a digital world full of hackers and scammers alike. Since Bitcoin is the most secure crypto in existence, it would be hard for a hacker to attack the Bitcoin network itself just to reverse transactions and get access to your funds (if you take the offline approach with a paper wallet). Smiley

edsnowangel (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 02:16:18 PM

there are many things that can we do for our sake of privacy and to help us in preventing our cryto wallets to hackers. Nowadays,  the development of our technology has been doing a lot of things in our society, it can be good or bad. But there are things that we should do for us to be safe and that is be aware and be knowledgeable about the hackers.

yes got a great point there sir but as the tech developed Smiley then the hackers gets more and more smarter than ever before who are the hacker they are the programmers also

sd
edsnowangel (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 02:18:04 PM

Thank you for this comprehensive list on how to secure Bitcoins against hacks. I usually keep my Bitcoins in a paper wallet that was made offline. I used a fresh installation of Ubuntu and made sure that WIFI, and other signals such as Bluetooth were off. With this, I think that my Bitcoins could never be hacked or stolen, unless someone gets access to my paper wallet hidden at my place.

Therefore, it is up to the individual to secure his/her Bitcoins by following the necessary precautions to stay safe in a digital world full of hackers and scammers alike. Since Bitcoin is the most secure crypto in existence, it would be hard for a hacker to attack the Bitcoin network itself just to reverse transactions and get access to your funds (if you take the offline approach with a paper wallet). Smiley

thanks for passing by sir/mam if you have extra time you can share it to your friends to help them too this can spread the awareness more

sd
Abigail Asi

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 02:23:33 PM

That was a great piece. I think you don't have to let anyone at all have access to your wallet unless you trust them because hackers are always ready to hack your cryto wallet.
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 02:44:27 PM

With a hardware wallet, it's really very hard for hackers to get access to them and with the web wallets that we are using, even when hackers get into the wallet if you have 2FA security enabled, they can't send out the bitcoins though they have access to it.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
gwapaMe

Activity: 91

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 02:46:37 PM

Now a days bitcoin is getting bigger because of the fact that there are many hackers coming from. The information you provide are very helpful especially  for the new comers in the field of cryptocurrency. This is a very good example of detailed to secured our crypto wallet.
edsnowangel (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 03:09:56 PM

With a hardware wallet, it's really very hard for hackers to get access to them and with the web wallets that we are using, even when hackers get into the wallet if you have 2FA security enabled, they can't send out the bitcoins though they have access to it.

right sir hardware wallets are great

sd
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: