Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 11:09:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HOW TO STOP HACKERS TO HACK YOUR CRYPTO WALLET  (Read 5308 times)
joykulot

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 10:09:00 PM

They cannot stop if they want to hack your wallet, it's better to protect your wallet and no one can know that. Don't put your private key in your phone. It is better to write it even if it is long.
Vendetta666

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 10:14:52 PM

Nice information for beginner here. bitcoin has attract many peoples including the bad one such as hacker and scammer.
you must protect your wallet, never trust anyone. it will safe.
Yeah, this is true. Never trust anyone including your families. Because sometimes family will give you problem too. And the phishing site, this is very important to know especially for the newbies.
Protect your wallet because hackers os scammers is everywhere.
Wowcoin

Activity: 910
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 10:18:55 PM

HOW TO STOP HACKERS TO HACK YOUR CRYPTO WALLET
Protect yourself from cyber criminals

Good day to all of you guys I am EdsnowAngel a programmer and a bit security tester in different platforms. Now I heard to my friends a lot of concerns saying "please help me my bitcoin wallet was hacked!!"
Ok ok first thing first when your bitcoin wallet gets compromised then your funds was send in different wallet then it is irreversible meaning no return of funds!! so I wanna tell everyone how to protect your bitcoin wallet from such kind of situation.

1st: Protect your GMAIL or EMAIL ACCOUNT

We all know we use GMAIL as our email provider for such accounts like blockchain then we can recover and approve login with email in some wallets, now when your email account was targeted and get compromised then say goodbye to your bitcoin.To secure your bitcoin wallet(ex: blockchain or other) go to your google account settings. and then turn on the 2FA(2nd factor authentication) here is the guide on how to do it: STEP BY STEP GUIDE

2nd: Use your own DEVICE or COMPUTER/PHONE

It's a very bad idea to use someones device(ex:from friend) to make a transaction in your bitcoin wallet why? because first you don't know what is the capability of that person regarding that matters and you don't know if that phone has a lot of malwares and spywares.So we cannot say that you are safe using someones device to make transactions.

3rd: Always backup you PK's or PRIVATE KEYS

This is the most important thing to remember for everyone using your ETH or BTC wallet without backing up your Private keys then you can't recover you wallet in case you forgot your wallet.PK's are very important but there are thing you should do first. Make sure you store your PK backup somewhere that you only know and not from your computer because there are some spyware that might inside of your computer that can steal that file so make sure you back it up print in a paper and hide it to the place where you only know.

4th: Don't open links from malicious emails

This method was called email phishing where an attacker will send the same email in thousands of random users once the victim will click the link in that email then his or her device was compromised to avoid this please do not click the links included in the email immediately please always have time to check who is the sender of that email and if that email is came from the site where it supposed to came from.

5th: Do not trust PUBLIC WIFI 

It's quite good to have access with free wifi's but have you think this: IS THIS A SAFE NETWORK? without you knowing maybe some of the people connected to that same network may have idea and skill on how to sniff passwords and credentials this method was so called DNS SPOOFING or SNIFFING if you want to use public wifi then use it not just with your bitcoin transactions.

6th: Do not login on Suspicious links

This method is called PHISHING where an attacker  will send you a link to login with your bitcoin wallet luring you with the legitimate site example is:
the real site is: https://www.blockchain.info/
the fake site is: http://www.blockchain.ga/

then once you login to the fake site then the hacker or attacker will have now your credentials. Please always check for the green lock on the url bar and the word HTTPS in the link.

so this are some of the way to stop hackers to hack your bitcoin or crypto wallet. If you have other information then you can comment it down and lets help others.
This information are very useful especially to those new on crypto world thay must read this so that they have knowledge how to protect their wallet in the safest way.
bjmpoker001

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 05:26:01 AM

The most basic way to prevent hackers to your wallet is never reveal your password or key on shady website or new fork.
even if you using hard wallet, your wallet can be hacked if you do this. Though using hard wallet is the most safe way to store your bitcoin and other crypto.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
budakjawa

Activity: 471

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 05:38:29 AM

it will not happen will increase the technology in the field of computers and the internet then the hacker more curious and want to try to break down the wallet you have.

Daday23

Activity: 153
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 05:49:58 AM

Good day to all of you guys I am EdsnowAngel a programmer and a bit security tester in different platforms. Now I heard to my friends a lot of concerns saying "please help me my bitcoin wallet was hacked!!"
Ok ok first thing first when your bitcoin wallet gets compromised then your funds was send in different wallet then it is irreversible meaning no return of funds!! so I wanna tell everyone how to protect your bitcoin wallet from such kind of situation.

We all know we use GMAIL as our email provider for such accounts like blockchain then we can recover and approve login with email in some wallets, now when your email account was targeted and get compromised then say goodbye to your bitcoin.To secure your bitcoin wallet(ex: blockchain or other) go to your google account settings. and then turn on the 2FA(2nd factor authentication) here is the guide on how to do it: STEP BY STEP GUIDE

It's a very bad idea to use someones device(ex:from friend) to make a transaction in your bitcoin wallet why? because first you don't know what is the capability of that person regarding that matters and you don't know if that phone has a lot of malwares and spywares.So we cannot say that you are safe using someones device to make transactions.

This is the most important thing to remember for everyone using your ETH or BTC wallet without backing up your Private keys then you can't recover you wallet in case you forgot your wallet.PK's are very important but there are thing you should do first. Make sure you store your PK backup somewhere that you only know and not from your computer because there are some spyware that might inside of your computer that can steal that file so make sure you back it up print in a paper and hide it to the place where you only know.

This method was called email phishing where an attacker will send the same email in thousands of random users once the victim will click the link in that email then his or her device was compromised to avoid this please do not click the links included in the email immediately please always have time to check who is the sender of that email and if that email is came from the site where it supposed to came from.

It's quite good to have access with free wifi's but have you think this: IS THIS A SAFE NETWORK? without you knowing maybe some of the people connected to that same network may have idea and skill on how to sniff passwords and credentials this method was so called DNS SPOOFING or SNIFFING if you want to use public wifi then use it not just with your bitcoin transactions.

This method is called PHISHING where an attacker  will send you a link to login with your bitcoin wallet luring you with the legitimate site example is:

then once you login to the fake site then the hacker or attacker will have now your credentials. Please always check for the green lock on the url bar and the word HTTPS in the link.

so this are some of the way to stop hackers to hack your bitcoin or crypto wallet. If you have other information then you can comment it down and lets help others.
Thank you for this information its a big help for all specially to the beginners like me.It help me how to take care my account.We cannot stop the hackers to hack,all we need to do is to become carefull everytime.
elenora

Activity: 95

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 04:37:00 AM

Very well said! Thank you for this new information. Now I feel more relief with my crypto wallet. It actually helped me a lot. though it was a lot of work But I hope that my account won't ever be hacked again.

Nothing comes with a 100% guarantee of Security, not even the PAID security tools. But certainly, the tips below will get you enough close to the mark.

1. Securing a Wallet is similar to securing your personal data on the computer. You have to be aware of links, advertisement, any type of attachment etc. which appears when a browser is being suffered.

2. Always create backups of your cryptocurrency wallets. So, that it will let you restore your wallet if in case your laptop or cell phone gets stolen.

3. Opening an account to buy cryptocurrency? Set up a unique E-mail id that you’re going to use for that account and never share that id with anyone.

4. Encrypt your whole device in which you are going to use cryptocurrency wallet. Make sure you have the best anti-virus installed on your device and keep it up to date including anti-malware and anti-ransomware.

5. Set up a really hard and long password where it is only able to recover from a piece of paper that you control.

6. Don’t use two-factor authentication on an SMS that could be ported. Instead, using something a bit more like Google Authenticator or yubikey would be much better.

7. Never share the name of cryptocurrency or wallet which you use on social media or with unknown people, Keep it private.

8. Diversify your risk, Buy cryptocurrency across multiple exchanges. So, that in case if one exchange is hacked other will remain accessible.

9. Always use offline wallets.

10. Always use the cold wallet to keep cryptocurrency safe off the internet and cold wallet is like the saving account. While the hot wallet is linked to the internet and should only be used for everyday transactions.

11. The decentralized system doesn’t store funds. Nobody has any access to money accept the owner of that money.

https://cointopper.com/guides/how-to-save-your-cryptocurrency-assets-from-being-hacked-in-2018
meanwords

Activity: 1624
Merit: 163

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 04:59:59 AM

That's some nice chunk of information mate. Usually, those are the common things that people usually do which in turn made them vulnerable to certain information leaks. Well, it's good thing that you informed those newbies to techs because nowadays, there's a lot of hackers roaming the internet. I think you should also include the wallets that the user should use because a lot of wallets to this day are infected with virus which could harm the user's information and to recommended a hardware wallet rather than a software.
Ravenangel

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 05:07:03 AM

Hackers have com up with a number of ways to steal your coins and they will do it and the worst thing is you will not get back your coins once they are gone, caution is therefore needed in everything that you do, avoid frequently logging into your accounts, as they may. Pick up yuour passwords, keep your private key to yourself and use proven wallets like Trezor which will keep your coins away from. The web where they are more vulnerable

Bitcoin to the moon
Tendou_Karen

Activity: 444
Merit: 13

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 07:37:29 PM

What are the wallet you think give such high security would you mind to suggest?

For hardware wallet, i recommended you to buy/use Ledger Nano S, it's highly secure and worth it

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
Teawhalee
Copper Member

Activity: 482

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2018, 11:14:19 PM

This is very helpful. I will emphasis on everyone should avoid using other people's phone or device to loigk to our wallet. This can really enhance hacking and loss or funds. And also, the use of 2FA is very important. And lastly, avoid clicking of unknown source links. 

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
extrimals

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 05:17:38 PM

You have some good points. These will surely help a lot of our forum colleagues on this subject. But we must understand that we can never stop hackers from doing what they do.
mikki14

Activity: 299

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 05:30:16 PM

This method is called PHISHING where an attacker  will send you a link to login with your bitcoin wallet luring you with the legitimate site example is:

It is also important not to upload the back ups of your private keys or mnemonic (like some screenshots) on your social media accounts even if it's protected or visually hidden to others. Coz social media accounts were easier to hack.

And regarding to your 2nd tip, it is a good point. Because even if they deleted the history on that computer it wasn't really deleted. IT knows it very well.

edjames

Activity: 157

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 05:37:08 PM

Another tip would be to not make yourself a target in the first place.

Try to avoid creating a username on here, on any other crypto related forum that can be linked to you in real life, or your other social media accounts. If someone is active on a crypto forum, it's likely they hold currency of some worth. If a scammer can track down your personal info, it makes an effective attack against you just that little bit easier. It might not look like a scam, but someone could discover your interests and suddenly start sending you a links to a new album download. Or they could join another, unrelated forum your a member of and trying to get you to click a link from there.

And this might seem obvious, but don't make any posts relating to how crypto-rich you are. If you own $1,000,000 in BTC, that's great, but telling the internet will paint a big, red target on you.
somtandon2015
Copper Member

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 05:43:28 PM

There are following ways to stop hackers to hack your crypto wallet.

1. Use Two Factor Authentication
2. Don’t Use Public Wi-Fi
3. Beware When You Download (Even On Your Phone!)
4. Use ProtonMail
5. Keep Private Keys Offline
ReiMomo

Activity: 2366
Merit: 305

Duelbits - $100k Bonus/week

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 05:51:05 PM

The information you have provided is really good and people who don't know how to store their wallets or crypto safely will really get knowledge from your post. Thanks for sharing the information to everyone on this forum and as per my knowledge there is no extra inputs I can share since you have provided all the relevant information required for using the wallet or PK's securely.

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DICE 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
berungan

Activity: 124

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 06:15:49 PM

thanks for this notice, i am a beginner without knowledge, i feel get help once with this. maybe if none of these notifications, my wallet will be hacked easily by hackers in some way fraud. and with this I will be more careful again.
Haliburton

Activity: 502
Merit: 118

Liberated Forever. Domesticated Never.

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 10:42:48 PM

Another tip would be to not make yourself a target in the first place.

Try to avoid creating a username on here, on any other crypto related forum that can be linked to you in real life, or your other social media accounts. If someone is active on a crypto forum, it's likely they hold currency of some worth. If a scammer can track down your personal info, it makes an effective attack against you just that little bit easier. It might not look like a scam, but someone could discover your interests and suddenly start sending you a links to a new album download. Or they could join another, unrelated forum your a member of and trying to get you to click a link from there.

And this might seem obvious, but don't make any posts relating to how crypto-rich you are. If you own $1,000,000 in BTC, that's great, but telling the internet will paint a big, red target on you.

Correct. These steps are key to further prevent the stealing of your hard-earned Bitcoin. It is always best to wear an anonymous nickname rather than you're real name across the web, to make it harder for hackers to identify you and gain access to your Bitcoin. Also, complete secrecy about the total amount of funds you have is required to prevent any undesired situations in the future.

If you would like to add additional privacy, it's best to never disclose your public key too since anyone can place that key on a block explorer and see how much Bitcoin you have. You can always try switching to new addresses with receiving payments, but sometimes that's not enough. If you manage to follow the steps stated earlier on this thread, and use your wallet in an offline fashion (like a paper wallet generated offline) you'll be safe from hacks and theft.

I always store most of my Bitcoin in a paper wallet that has been generated offline. This way, no one knows the private key except for myself since keys were generated away from the prying eyes of hackers. Disconnecting yourself from any connections (WI-FI, Bluetooth, etc) would be a huge plus towards protecting your funds in the future Smiley

alkiw21

Activity: 344

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 10:47:42 PM

It's a good thread. I have read it and I think it's great for people who want to protect themselves from hacker attacks. Because we know that hackers will always do various ways in order to steal. Maybe I add a bit to using a safe wallet. There are many wallet options there.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 10:53:15 PM

For hardware wallet, i recommended you to buy/use Ledger Nano S, it's highly secure and worth it
Hardware wallets aren't any more secure than a securely generated Desktop/offline wallet. The only difference with hardware wallets is that they take precautions that users might not when they are accessing their funds regularly. This would be the only time I would recommend using a hardware wallet, however hardware wallets; both the Trezor, and Ledger have had security issues in the past which have since been patched.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: