Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:23:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HOW TO STOP HACKERS TO HACK YOUR CRYPTO WALLET  (Read 5308 times)
insurgent

Activity: 168
Merit: 12

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 10:12:45 PM

HOW TO STOP HACKERS TO HACK YOUR CRYPTO WALLET
Protect yourself from cyber criminals

Good day to all of you guys I am EdsnowAngel a programmer and a bit security tester in different platforms. Now I heard to my friends a lot of concerns saying "please help me my bitcoin wallet was hacked!!"
Ok ok first thing first when your bitcoin wallet gets compromised then your funds was send in different wallet then it is irreversible meaning no return of funds!! so I wanna tell everyone how to protect your bitcoin wallet from such kind of situation.

1st: Protect your GMAIL or EMAIL ACCOUNT

We all know we use GMAIL as our email provider for such accounts like blockchain then we can recover and approve login with email in some wallets, now when your email account was targeted and get compromised then say goodbye to your bitcoin.To secure your bitcoin wallet(ex: blockchain or other) go to your google account settings. and then turn on the 2FA(2nd factor authentication) here is the guide on how to do it: STEP BY STEP GUIDE

2nd: Use your own DEVICE or COMPUTER/PHONE

It's a very bad idea to use someones device(ex:from friend) to make a transaction in your bitcoin wallet why? because first you don't know what is the capability of that person regarding that matters and you don't know if that phone has a lot of malwares and spywares.So we cannot say that you are safe using someones device to make transactions.

3rd: Always backup you PK's or PRIVATE KEYS

This is the most important thing to remember for everyone using your ETH or BTC wallet without backing up your Private keys then you can't recover you wallet in case you forgot your wallet.PK's are very important but there are thing you should do first. Make sure you store your PK backup somewhere that you only know and not from your computer because there are some spyware that might inside of your computer that can steal that file so make sure you back it up print in a paper and hide it to the place where you only know.

4th: Don't open links from malicious emails

This method was called email phishing where an attacker will send the same email in thousands of random users once the victim will click the link in that email then his or her device was compromised to avoid this please do not click the links included in the email immediately please always have time to check who is the sender of that email and if that email is came from the site where it supposed to came from.

5th: Do not trust PUBLIC WIFI 

It's quite good to have access with free wifi's but have you think this: IS THIS A SAFE NETWORK? without you knowing maybe some of the people connected to that same network may have idea and skill on how to sniff passwords and credentials this method was so called DNS SPOOFING or SNIFFING if you want to use public wifi then use it not just with your bitcoin transactions.

6th: Do not login on Suspicious links

This method is called PHISHING where an attacker  will send you a link to login with your bitcoin wallet luring you with the legitimate site example is:
the real site is: https://www.blockchain.info/
the fake site is: http://www.blockchain.ga/

then once you login to the fake site then the hacker or attacker will have now your credentials. Please always check for the green lock on the url bar and the word HTTPS in the link.

so this are some of the way to stop hackers to hack your bitcoin or crypto wallet. If you have other information then you can comment it down and lets help others.
Thank you for this information we really need this especially for the begginers. I usually trust people before but I am wiser and better now. Dont share any information of yours to others maybe they will take an advantage to you and hack your wallet.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bakugan

Activity: 260
Merit: 28

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 10:49:37 PM

Good day to all of you guys I am EdsnowAngel a programmer and a bit security tester in different platforms. Now I heard to my friends a lot of concerns saying "please help me my bitcoin wallet was hacked!!"
Ok ok first thing first when your bitcoin wallet gets compromised then your funds was send in different wallet then it is irreversible meaning no return of funds!! so I wanna tell everyone how to protect your bitcoin wallet from such kind of situation.

We all know we use GMAIL as our email provider for such accounts like blockchain then we can recover and approve login with email in some wallets, now when your email account was targeted and get compromised then say goodbye to your bitcoin.To secure your bitcoin wallet(ex: blockchain or other) go to your google account settings. and then turn on the 2FA(2nd factor authentication) here is the guide on how to do it: STEP BY STEP GUIDE

It's a very bad idea to use someones device(ex:from friend) to make a transaction in your bitcoin wallet why? because first you don't know what is the capability of that person regarding that matters and you don't know if that phone has a lot of malwares and spywares.So we cannot say that you are safe using someones device to make transactions.

This is the most important thing to remember for everyone using your ETH or BTC wallet without backing up your Private keys then you can't recover you wallet in case you forgot your wallet.PK's are very important but there are thing you should do first. Make sure you store your PK backup somewhere that you only know and not from your computer because there are some spyware that might inside of your computer that can steal that file so make sure you back it up print in a paper and hide it to the place where you only know.

This method was called email phishing where an attacker will send the same email in thousands of random users once the victim will click the link in that email then his or her device was compromised to avoid this please do not click the links included in the email immediately please always have time to check who is the sender of that email and if that email is came from the site where it supposed to came from.

It's quite good to have access with free wifi's but have you think this: IS THIS A SAFE NETWORK? without you knowing maybe some of the people connected to that same network may have idea and skill on how to sniff passwords and credentials this method was so called DNS SPOOFING or SNIFFING if you want to use public wifi then use it not just with your bitcoin transactions.

This method is called PHISHING where an attacker  will send you a link to login with your bitcoin wallet luring you with the legitimate site example is:

then once you login to the fake site then the hacker or attacker will have now your credentials. Please always check for the green lock on the url bar and the word HTTPS in the link.

so this are some of the way to stop hackers to hack your bitcoin or crypto wallet. If you have other information then you can comment it down and lets help others.
Thats right we need to protect our gmail account so no is able to hack it. Each one of us need to remember all of this so if ever that there is someone who wants to hack our account we know what to do.

Ayaah

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 11:34:05 PM

One of the value that we must have in this business is carefulness. We must keep in mind to be careful in every actions and decisions. One way for us to be successful is to study and persevere to gain more knowledge through research.
bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 11:39:48 PM

This is useful to protect our crypto wallet or any wallet that we have so we can sure that your money is safe from all hackers.
Make sure you have strong protection like do what you think can help to your device undentify to others.
Daseento

Activity: 206
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 11:50:21 PM

Well said. The golden rule remains " keep your private keys secured". No one can hack wallet if sensitive information such as private keys, password and mnemonic words are not compromised.
dgreat

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 11:57:38 PM

this is a useful information. nice tips to get your crypto wallet well secured.
i would also want to say this; mind the kind of text messages you respond to requesting you reply some codes you know nothing about. mind who you give your gadgets to use in making calls or browsing and i hope you all know hackers now hack through simcards so we all should be careful.
this is just my opinion.
RiskySanchez

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 11:58:16 PM

You explain the basics of a wallet account that might be stolen from the owner but without overruling account security it would be better to choose a wallet hardware that has a high security level like ledger, you can check the ledger info here: https: //www.ledger. com / protect your crypto wallet before it's too late

Swap & Trade Tokens, Enjoy Great Yield & APYs
▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬  PUFFY FINANCE  ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬
▬▬▬JOIN PRIVATE SALE▬▬▬ >>Early Opportunity<<▬▬▬
xysheeh03

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 12:04:51 PM

Thank you ednsnowangel for your very important post that matters everytime. I think that there are many sending me email that allows me to join airdrops. I am very curious about it although the sites looks like realistic, but i doubt it. And i think it is that what you say a phising site. So, im grateful for this post and thank you for the wonderful explanation.
edsnowangel (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 39

Citowise-Developing Crypotpayment Infrastructure

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2018, 02:58:31 PM

yes we can't stop them but by using the methods I was posted this is a big step in stopping their motifs to penetrate your wallet account right this might sound just a prevention for others

sd
POM

Activity: 547
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 03:06:08 PM

Almost all of us know these things but still sometimes we all being stupid and not caring these things enough. But it’s always important to be careful when you have crypto.
DesiHunterrrr

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 03:09:00 PM

Good tips one time I got hacked and my private key got stolen now I will follow these steps to avoid hacking best way is try to use hardware wallet
riyarana1123
Copper Member

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2018, 03:30:52 PM

Yes,i agree with you sir that we have to protect our all information from the hackers because the security of our account is in our own hands.Moreover the bitcoin is a digital currency and operate by internet so it is easy for hackers to hack the account.So,for that we all investors have to alert and do not use any WiFi we all have to use our own net connect for any work such as transactions and we all also have to protect our wallet as well as use our own gadgets and private keys,is also as important as backups.In addition the gmail and email account are also be protective because they are very easy to hack.

♛ SATURN♛
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
edsnowangel (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2018, 04:06:23 PM

Almost all of us know these things but still sometimes we all being stupid and not caring these things enough. But it’s always important to be careful when you have crypto.

you are right there be careful with the PK you have

sd
DewiKirana

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2018, 04:15:05 PM

I've done it like the tips that you explained. To add tips from you, you should use a device such as a hard wallet such as Trazzor or Ledger to make it safer from hacker attacks.
edsnowangel (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 05:00:59 AM

I've done it like the tips that you explained. To add tips from you, you should use a device such as a hard wallet such as Trazzor or Ledger to make it safer from hacker attacks.

yes you are right using hardware wallet is the most safe way of protecting  your crypto but not all coin is supported by hardware wallet too

sd
The Cryptologist

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 06:36:39 AM

Good job man! It is everything that a newbie should know but you forgot the other one which is not to store their altcoins in an exchange. No matter how popular or how huge is the volume an exchange got, there is still no guarantee that it is safe from hacking.
Sandra999

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 07:00:06 AM

These are very useful tips in protecting our accounts from theft of these cyber criminals. Useful write up. However, it's best if we can get a hardware wallet and store these coins. With these, the coins can be protected with certainty
Ava Duvall

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 07:10:39 AM

keep your funds in a paper wallet or offline. thats your safest bet. why? because if there online viruses and hackers can get to yo funds. is as simple as that.
Ledy Alise

Activity: 237
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 07:18:03 AM

I think this post should be pinned in the top of beginner section to avoid common mistakes what needs to be done with their wallets. It can reduce successful coin stealings by 50% minimum, I guess.
NicoleMorgan764

Activity: 34

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 07:42:48 AM

Use the anti-virus software.
If you are using a Windows computer, you should use antivirus software such as AVG or Sophos. Be sure to regularly install software updates and perform malware scans.
Remove suspicious web addresses.
This is a necessary pre-hyperlink (especially shortened links) from external sources such as those you do not know. If you are required to log into an account or provide payment details, please manually remove the URL links and log in directly to legitimate sites to ensure that it is not a fake site.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: