Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:26:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HOW TO STOP HACKERS TO HACK YOUR CRYPTO WALLET  (Read 5308 times)
Megazord

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 10:28:53 PM

I talked to one good programmer and he told me that hackers can not take and break your wallet in this way. They need to put a virus on the device for this, and they can launch it if you click on the link on the site or from the incoming mail on your mail. never do it. and all will be well.
lazygin006

Activity: 91

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 10:52:50 PM

Just got to be careful not to expose anything online. The safest is to have a hardware wallet so you can keep it physically safe rather than somewhere more likely to be hacked.
sampalokmix

Activity: 315
Merit: 100

Investing in the future development of blockchain

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 10:58:53 PM

HOW TO STOP HACKERS TO HACK YOUR CRYPTO WALLET
Protect yourself from cyber criminals

Good day to all of you guys I am EdsnowAngel a programmer and a bit security tester in different platforms. Now I heard to my friends a lot of concerns saying "please help me my bitcoin wallet was hacked!!"
Ok ok first thing first when your bitcoin wallet gets compromised then your funds was send in different wallet then it is irreversible meaning no return of funds!! so I wanna tell everyone how to protect your bitcoin wallet from such kind of situation.

1st: Protect your GMAIL or EMAIL ACCOUNT

We all know we use GMAIL as our email provider for such accounts like blockchain then we can recover and approve login with email in some wallets, now when your email account was targeted and get compromised then say goodbye to your bitcoin.To secure your bitcoin wallet(ex: blockchain or other) go to your google account settings. and then turn on the 2FA(2nd factor authentication) here is the guide on how to do it: STEP BY STEP GUIDE

2nd: Use your own DEVICE or COMPUTER/PHONE

It's a very bad idea to use someones device(ex:from friend) to make a transaction in your bitcoin wallet why? because first you don't know what is the capability of that person regarding that matters and you don't know if that phone has a lot of malwares and spywares.So we cannot say that you are safe using someones device to make transactions.

3rd: Always backup you PK's or PRIVATE KEYS

This is the most important thing to remember for everyone using your ETH or BTC wallet without backing up your Private keys then you can't recover you wallet in case you forgot your wallet.PK's are very important but there are thing you should do first. Make sure you store your PK backup somewhere that you only know and not from your computer because there are some spyware that might inside of your computer that can steal that file so make sure you back it up print in a paper and hide it to the place where you only know.

4th: Don't open links from malicious emails

This method was called email phishing where an attacker will send the same email in thousands of random users once the victim will click the link in that email then his or her device was compromised to avoid this please do not click the links included in the email immediately please always have time to check who is the sender of that email and if that email is came from the site where it supposed to came from.

5th: Do not trust PUBLIC WIFI 

It's quite good to have access with free wifi's but have you think this: IS THIS A SAFE NETWORK? without you knowing maybe some of the people connected to that same network may have idea and skill on how to sniff passwords and credentials this method was so called DNS SPOOFING or SNIFFING if you want to use public wifi then use it not just with your bitcoin transactions.

6th: Do not login on Suspicious links

This method is called PHISHING where an attacker  will send you a link to login with your bitcoin wallet luring you with the legitimate site example is:
the real site is: https://www.blockchain.info/
the fake site is: http://www.blockchain.ga/

then once you login to the fake site then the hacker or attacker will have now your credentials. Please always check for the green lock on the url bar and the word HTTPS in the link.

so this are some of the way to stop hackers to hack your bitcoin or crypto wallet. If you have other information then you can comment it down and lets help others.
Well, practically speaking, that was all right to state those informations and guidelines on how you can secure your account to be safe from hackers but believe it or not, we cannot stop those hackers from doing their thing because the less we could know, as much as technology is concerned which is continuously facing innovation, the tools and how this type of people access your account without your notice was also developing innovative way to hack accounts so even we are totally securing our account we cannot stop these hackers but we can certainly prohibit them or avoid them hacking our accounts. Avoidance and security is the key for that thing to happen.

ELOCIN

Activity: 276
Merit: 10

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 09:03:56 AM

Nobody can stop them if you are not taking care of your crypto wallet. Keep your wallet safe most of the time and don't be too careless to fall in their bait because once they got an access on it, then it's sorry already and keep it mind to always put security on your top priority.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                         
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
adadaorlina

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 02:01:16 AM

Hackers are a great problem at this time. No one can hack wallet if sensitive information such as private keys, password and mnemonic words are not compromised. And do not use the network or the internet which is unclear because they might use the network to hack our data. The golden rule remains " keep your private keys secured".
edsnowangel (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 39

Citowise-Developing Crypotpayment Infrastructure

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2018, 12:25:22 PM

Hackers are a great problem at this time. No one can hack wallet if sensitive information such as private keys, password and mnemonic words are not compromised. And do not use the network or the internet which is unclear because they might use the network to hack our data. The golden rule remains " keep your private keys secured".

yes the golden rule in crypto world always need but there is also a rule in the cyberspace make your network secure and your computer safe because hackers are getting smarter and smarter everyday they will do anything for the sake of their agenda.

sd
Baby Dragon

Activity: 896
Merit: 272

OWNR - Store all crypto in one app.

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 01:15:40 PM

Good day to all of you guys I am EdsnowAngel a programmer and a bit security tester in different platforms. Now I heard to my friends a lot of concerns saying "please help me my bitcoin wallet was hacked!!"
Ok ok first thing first when your bitcoin wallet gets compromised then your funds was send in different wallet then it is irreversible meaning no return of funds!! so I wanna tell everyone how to protect your bitcoin wallet from such kind of situation.

We all know we use GMAIL as our email provider for such accounts like blockchain then we can recover and approve login with email in some wallets, now when your email account was targeted and get compromised then say goodbye to your bitcoin.To secure your bitcoin wallet(ex: blockchain or other) go to your google account settings. and then turn on the 2FA(2nd factor authentication) here is the guide on how to do it: STEP BY STEP GUIDE

It's a very bad idea to use someones device(ex:from friend) to make a transaction in your bitcoin wallet why? because first you don't know what is the capability of that person regarding that matters and you don't know if that phone has a lot of malwares and spywares.So we cannot say that you are safe using someones device to make transactions.

This is the most important thing to remember for everyone using your ETH or BTC wallet without backing up your Private keys then you can't recover you wallet in case you forgot your wallet.PK's are very important but there are thing you should do first. Make sure you store your PK backup somewhere that you only know and not from your computer because there are some spyware that might inside of your computer that can steal that file so make sure you back it up print in a paper and hide it to the place where you only know.

This method was called email phishing where an attacker will send the same email in thousands of random users once the victim will click the link in that email then his or her device was compromised to avoid this please do not click the links included in the email immediately please always have time to check who is the sender of that email and if that email is came from the site where it supposed to came from.

It's quite good to have access with free wifi's but have you think this: IS THIS A SAFE NETWORK? without you knowing maybe some of the people connected to that same network may have idea and skill on how to sniff passwords and credentials this method was so called DNS SPOOFING or SNIFFING if you want to use public wifi then use it not just with your bitcoin transactions.

This method is called PHISHING where an attacker  will send you a link to login with your bitcoin wallet luring you with the legitimate site example is:

then once you login to the fake site then the hacker or attacker will have now your credentials. Please always check for the green lock on the url bar and the word HTTPS in the link.

so this are some of the way to stop hackers to hack your bitcoin or crypto wallet. If you have other information then you can comment it down and lets help others.
They will take advantage to you if you dont manage your wallet very well. Dont share some private information of yours because anyone can have an access on it. This thing can help us and to those begginers. We need to think what is the best wallet to restore our coins.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████▀   ▀██████
██████▀     ▀██████
█████▀       ▀█████
█████▀▀▄▄ ▄▄▀▀█████
█████▄  ▀  ▄█████
▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
Partner of             
BITFINEX
$$$sparkles$$$

Activity: 350

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2018, 01:23:07 PM

This is useful especially for new comers. But all of the things you listed will not STOP hackers from hacking. These will only PREVENT them from getting into our accounts. There is really no stopping these hackers from what they do. We can only counter them by being smart and vigilant by following your list.

edsnowangel (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2018, 01:33:23 PM

I also believe that this method I've mention will not stop them but in a little time you can prevent them from getting all the things that you work hard to achieve this is just a first aid to the hacking incidents

sd
Baggong

Activity: 247

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 01:38:24 PM

The security factor is very important to keep bitcoin from hackers, and the simple thing to do is activate all the security features that have been provided, some wallets like Xapo or coinbase now require data verification, do it so that if there is a problem we are easier to contact devs.
Ekim22

Activity: 132

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 01:55:35 PM

We know how in bitcoin there are many people using bitcoin  there are hacker scammer hir  in bitcoin world so that the only way we need to do is protect our wallet  so that they didn't get our tokens.
BulbaLord

Activity: 261

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 02:01:19 PM

Its hard to stop hackers.  So we must choose the wallet that high quality security factors to protect our wallet.  This the most important thing we must required to protect our wallet.
Mandarava

Activity: 742
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 02:03:07 PM

Well, practically speaking, that was all right to state those informations and guidelines on how you can secure your account to be safe from hackers but believe it or not, we cannot stop those hackers from doing their thing because the less we could know, as much as technology is concerned which is continuously facing innovation, the tools and how this type of people access your account without your notice was also developing innovative way to hack accounts so even we are totally securing our account we cannot stop these hackers but we can certainly prohibit them or avoid them hacking our accounts. Avoidance and security is the key for that thing to happen.
This article is written very much given a lot of recommendations. But, in fact, in order to avoid hacking attempts on the part of hackers, it's enough to have just one thing that can help you with this - it's a hardware wallet.  Use a hardware wallet for each transaction and you will be protected from a large number of all possible attacks.
Supremacy1

Activity: 331
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 02:13:02 PM

Don't just click on anyhow link, don't submit ur private key to any form online, don't expose ur gmail password , save ur password and private key safely offline
pinkpanther03

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 01:14:29 PM

This is a good a tips for everyone here, very informative about the attack of the hackers. In fact, the only things I knew about this was don't

just click at once in any malicious fishing site, whether in you personal email account or website wallet address like Myetherwallet or known as

MEW.
Haliburton

Activity: 502
Merit: 118

Liberated Forever. Domesticated Never.

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 07:02:19 PM

That's truly the golden rule, my friend. If you're smart enough to hide your private keys or mnemonic words from prying eyes, it'll be practically impossible for a hacker to spend your hard-earned cryptocurrency funds. The security is even greater if you had managed to create your wallet without a connection to the Internet. When you do this, there's no way the hacker could figure out your private keys unless it gains physical access to them. But, if you know the hacker's tricks beforehand, you would simply hide your physically written keys into a place no one would investigate for peace of mind.

And the most important thing too, is to check the software wallet you're downloading before making use of it. Sometimes, hackers place fake wallets which look the same as the original, but they're in fact compromised. If you check the hashes of the original wallet's developers, against the software wallet you're downloading, you can verify if it is indeed compromised or not. In some cryptocurrency projects, developers are careless and don't fix important vulnerabilities within a specific software wallet or blockchain network, effectively allowing a hacker to quickly gain access to your funds even if you don't share your private keys with anyone.

That's why the best solution right now, would be to use a cold storage wallet (like a paper wallet) with keys that had been generated offline for greater safety. There's no need to worry about bugs or issues here (unlike a software wallet), except for the physical security of the wallet itself. I've done this and have my cold storage wallet stored in a place no one would ever investigate for complete peace of mind. Cheesy

edsnowangel (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2018, 04:13:51 PM

That's why the best solution right now, would be to use a cold storage wallet (like a paper wallet) with keys that had been generated offline for greater safety. There's no need to worry about bugs or issues here (unlike a software wallet), except for the physical security of the wallet itself. I've done this and have my cold storage wallet stored in a place no one would ever investigate for complete peace of mind. Cheesy

the big problem in most people nowadays is that they can't afford a cold wallet they can only afford to use free online wallet where they always store a large amount of tokens or coins

sd
Jhonthor

Activity: 54

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 04:24:13 PM

I think it won't work because hackers will continue to try and evolve
Alex31207

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 04:48:50 PM

I don't keep my wallet keys on my computer.I think it is better to store all the keys on a flash drive.Then you will not be disturbed by any swindler.
BigBlackSheep57

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 05:27:59 PM

There are a lot of way to protect yourself form hackers and among them the most important thing is be careful in the case of choosing wallets because if we failed to choose the strong and safest wallet then hackers can easily do their work.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: