Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:01:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HOW TO STOP HACKERS TO HACK YOUR CRYPTO WALLET  (Read 5304 times)
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2018, 03:33:31 PM

I have always believed that whatever we do online is always accessible to someone with or without your permission and hence it is a critically important aspect of maintaining security measures. I have observed that in most of the cases the victim is equally responsible for the success of execution of any scam or hacking attempt. When it comes to the crypto, the decentralization has a tremendous power but at the same time it brings a whole new set of responsibilities for the users and we cannot afford to ignore those responsibilities.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yatogami

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

bvo.trybravo.com

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 03:41:49 PM

Yes, all these recommendations are absolutely right.
I just want to add that one should never download and run archives or exe. files from untrustworthy sources. Or even if there is such a need one should first check the file with antivirus before opening it.

Cocosoxoto

Activity: 69
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 02:04:50 AM

Do not visit third-party sites, do not leave your keys on websites, and best of all it's cold wallets they are not so expensive, but they fully justify themselves and are comfortable enough in their use.
Trixie28

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 06:13:58 AM

To avoid hackers for our crypto wallet we should take care of our different private key for our wallets. Avoid from malicious site or not get in touch from phishing sites. You should be the one who will know our different identity of your wallets. Do some backed from them not only once but rather as many as much. I experience that my wallet was been hacked by the scammers
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 06:22:38 AM

stopping hackers is nearly impossible because they are lots of them that will continue to do hacking attempts in order for them to steal some cold cash for every crypto users . though we can take a safety practice so that we can minimize the risk of being hacked .  the method that i can share is , always check the address before sending any crypto some one else because there are malwares that can change the address that we've aready copied . checking the correct url of the website before doing any transaction is also helpful .
warning_btc

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 06:27:24 AM

I can advise use offline transactions, ist little bit uncomfortable for use but giving you 100% safity.
Create offline wallet then send to this wallet your funds, never connect this pc to the network and use only offline transactions

jrrsparkles

Activity: 2394
Merit: 253

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 06:36:07 AM

Most of the hacks happening through fake site login so the people need to remeber while they entering their credentials into that site need to check the address bar and it is better to bookmark then and login from there will resolve this problem greatly.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
zhelis74

Activity: 510
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 07:17:26 AM

it is very difficult to stop actions that have a negative impact on our wallets. in this era of increasingly sophisticated technology, irresponsible parties are increasingly proficient in doing various things
Internet is an edge cutting technology that change the phase of the world on how people live, it connects people anywhere in the globe but many people abuse the goodness by means of hacking so I think the main reason why our wallet are prone to hack because we are connected to internet and we have no choice over that and to minimize the risk of hacking is to make our PC offline when not in use so that hackers won't play and be careful all the site visited for some of them are phishing.

AdamRay

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 07:21:09 AM

These are the things we need to keep in mind to avoid viruses that can infiltrate our computer to steal data. Besides, if you want absolute security, buy a Ledger Nano S. It's a very hard wallet with very high levels of security and helps investors avoid hackers.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
Ava Duvall

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 07:57:24 AM

very difficult to stop hackers. in this era of technology, from day to day technology is growing and increasingly sophisticated, this is what is used by parties who are not responsible for hacking. we are the ones who must be aware of this matter not to be careless with things that happen in the surrounding environment
We have to take care of you funds as we see fit. we are responsible but at the same time anything can happen
letzdodiz

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:02:16 AM

Prevention is critical activity to anchor our wallet. Continually checking security on site we visit is essential since programmer some of the time making counterfeit site to stole our private key
KimmyF

Activity: 978
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:07:12 AM

This is a great information given to each and everyone of the crypto users. Well I am just only a few months here in the crypto currency community as a crypto users that still lack of relevant and necessary information to keep our own security to own crypto wallet. And this is a good opportunity to each of people that might reach this information of yours buddy.
Corvin17

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 11:15:36 AM

I agree with your details but unfortunately there are still a lot of people who still being hack despite the fact that the ways to avoid being hack are in the internet and forums.
megalith07

Activity: 252
Merit: 15

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 11:35:25 AM

You can't stop them nobody else can. They are assaulting us anonymously that is the reason we can't stop them however we can keep away from them to hack us by methods for dealing with our own information additionally the information of our each record.
uchiikina14

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 11:43:08 AM

To stop hackers is by protecting your crypto wallet and to open your crypto wallet in your own device or own laptop. Do not give your pass key to anyone snd secure it properly.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 12:01:31 PM

I have always believed that whatever we do online is always accessible to someone with or without your permission and hence it is a critically important aspect of maintaining security measures. I have observed that in most of the cases the victim is equally responsible for the success of execution of any scam or hacking attempt. When it comes to the crypto, the decentralization has a tremendous power but at the same time it brings a whole new set of responsibilities for the users and we cannot afford to ignore those responsibilities.
Of course victims who play a big role in this problem, you can see cases like scams, phishing, or even hacking. the victims carelessly invest their money in projects or sites that they don't yet know deeply, or they are careless by logging in on phishing sites, and their awareness of their wallet security that is lacking, they don't give 2fa to their wallets? of course when the case occurs the error is in the user itself
Olayinka225

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 02:13:55 PM

HOW TO STOP HACKERS TO HACK YOUR CRYPTO WALLET
Protect yourself from cyber criminals

Good day to all of you guys I am EdsnowAngel a programmer and a bit security tester in different platforms. Now I heard to my friends a lot of concerns saying "please help me my bitcoin wallet was hacked!!"
Ok ok first thing first when your bitcoin wallet gets compromised then your funds was send in different wallet then it is irreversible meaning no return of funds!! so I wanna tell everyone how to protect your bitcoin wallet from such kind of situation.

1st: Protect your GMAIL or EMAIL ACCOUNT

We all know we use GMAIL as our email provider for such accounts like blockchain then we can recover and approve login with email in some wallets, now when your email account was targeted and get compromised then say goodbye to your bitcoin.To secure your bitcoin wallet(ex: blockchain or other) go to your google account settings. and then turn on the 2FA(2nd factor authentication) here is the guide on how to do it: STEP BY STEP GUIDE

2nd: Use your own DEVICE or COMPUTER/PHONE

It's a very bad idea to use someones device(ex:from friend) to make a transaction in your bitcoin wallet why? because first you don't know what is the capability of that person regarding that matters and you don't know if that phone has a lot of malwares and spywares.So we cannot say that you are safe using someones device to make transactions.

3rd: Always backup you PK's or PRIVATE KEYS

This is the most important thing to remember for everyone using your ETH or BTC wallet without backing up your Private keys then you can't recover you wallet in case you forgot your wallet.PK's are very important but there are thing you should do first. Make sure you store your PK backup somewhere that you only know and not from your computer because there are some spyware that might inside of your computer that can steal that file so make sure you back it up print in a paper and hide it to the place where you only know.

4th: Don't open links from malicious emails

This method was called email phishing where an attacker will send the same email in thousands of random users once the victim will click the link in that email then his or her device was compromised to avoid this please do not click the links included in the email immediately please always have time to check who is the sender of that email and if that email is came from the site where it supposed to came from.

5th: Do not trust PUBLIC WIFI 

It's quite good to have access with free wifi's but have you think this: IS THIS A SAFE NETWORK? without you knowing maybe some of the people connected to that same network may have idea and skill on how to sniff passwords and credentials this method was so called DNS SPOOFING or SNIFFING if you want to use public wifi then use it not just with your bitcoin transactions.

6th: Do not login on Suspicious links

This method is called PHISHING where an attacker  will send you a link to login with your bitcoin wallet luring you with the legitimate site example is:
the real site is: https://www.blockchain.info/
the fake site is: http://www.blockchain.ga/

then once you login to the fake site then the hacker or attacker will have now your credentials. Please always check for the green lock on the url bar and the word HTTPS in the link.

so this are some of the way to stop hackers to hack your bitcoin or crypto wallet. If you have other information then you can comment it down and lets help others.

Thumb up to the writer.
I can say that this  piece of advice is not meant for the newbie or the beginners alone as many people would have been thinking such is for the beginners alone. But i can say lot's of we the so called professionals can also pick one or two things from this as nobody is above a mistake. No one is an island of knowledge, the so called professionals can still be scammed and hacked aimlessly on what even a newbie can't even fall victim for.
Tatsuyashiba

Activity: 147

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 02:43:32 PM

wow this is really very useful info thanks for your time to make a thread as good as this, I really appreciate this thread that was made with difficulty like this rather than a thread that only 1 or 2 lines and after that it was not noticed at all
nehemiah31

Activity: 41

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 02:49:51 PM

Here are important things to remember to avoid hackers.
First, you need to use your personal phone or computer.Next, you need to secure your private keys and lastly, do not click any suspicious links.Be aware of hackers.
arienna23

Activity: 221
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 02:53:02 PM

To avoid phishing or hacking use a hardware wallet to store your Bitcoin. That way your bitcoin wallet will be safe because they cannot open your wallet without your physical wallet. Even if they stole your hardware wallet they cannot open it without your password.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: