Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:31:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HOW TO STOP HACKERS TO HACK YOUR CRYPTO WALLET  (Read 5308 times)
jayveerastrullo

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 03:58:13 PM

These are very good and helpful tips for the beginners or newbie out there. Reading this will help them a lot. Also choosing a right wallet and buying wallet like trezor, nano s, ledger, electrum and keepkey to make it sure no one will ever hack your account. You need to spend also for that if you are planning to invest big amount of money.

❤   humancoin   ❤ (https://www.humancoin.net/)
Join our whitelist!
█A new era of charity █
pinot95

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 04:05:12 PM

HOW TO STOP HACKERS TO HACK YOUR CRYPTO WALLET
Protect yourself from cyber criminals

Good day to all of you guys I am EdsnowAngel a programmer and a bit security tester in different platforms. Now I heard to my friends a lot of concerns saying "please help me my bitcoin wallet was hacked!!"
Ok ok first thing first when your bitcoin wallet gets compromised then your funds was send in different wallet then it is irreversible meaning no return of funds!! so I wanna tell everyone how to protect your bitcoin wallet from such kind of situation.

1st: Protect your GMAIL or EMAIL ACCOUNT

We all know we use GMAIL as our email provider for such accounts like blockchain then we can recover and approve login with email in some wallets, now when your email account was targeted and get compromised then say goodbye to your bitcoin.To secure your bitcoin wallet(ex: blockchain or other) go to your google account settings. and then turn on the 2FA(2nd factor authentication) here is the guide on how to do it: STEP BY STEP GUIDE

2nd: Use your own DEVICE or COMPUTER/PHONE

It's a very bad idea to use someones device(ex:from friend) to make a transaction in your bitcoin wallet why? because first you don't know what is the capability of that person regarding that matters and you don't know if that phone has a lot of malwares and spywares.So we cannot say that you are safe using someones device to make transactions.

3rd: Always backup you PK's or PRIVATE KEYS

This is the most important thing to remember for everyone using your ETH or BTC wallet without backing up your Private keys then you can't recover you wallet in case you forgot your wallet.PK's are very important but there are thing you should do first. Make sure you store your PK backup somewhere that you only know and not from your computer because there are some spyware that might inside of your computer that can steal that file so make sure you back it up print in a paper and hide it to the place where you only know.

4th: Don't open links from malicious emails

This method was called email phishing where an attacker will send the same email in thousands of random users once the victim will click the link in that email then his or her device was compromised to avoid this please do not click the links included in the email immediately please always have time to check who is the sender of that email and if that email is came from the site where it supposed to came from.

5th: Do not trust PUBLIC WIFI 

It's quite good to have access with free wifi's but have you think this: IS THIS A SAFE NETWORK? without you knowing maybe some of the people connected to that same network may have idea and skill on how to sniff passwords and credentials this method was so called DNS SPOOFING or SNIFFING if you want to use public wifi then use it not just with your bitcoin transactions.

6th: Do not login on Suspicious links

This method is called PHISHING where an attacker  will send you a link to login with your bitcoin wallet luring you with the legitimate site example is:
the real site is: https://www.blockchain.info/
the fake site is: http://www.blockchain.ga/

then once you login to the fake site then the hacker or attacker will have now your credentials. Please always check for the green lock on the url bar and the word HTTPS in the link.

so this are some of the way to stop hackers to hack your bitcoin or crypto wallet. If you have other information then you can comment it down and lets help others.

To stop hackers from hacking your bitcoin wallet is simply by protecting and securing your wallet pinkeys. Never leave it to somewhere else not safe. Must keep it in an offline storage or print it in a paper. DO not save it in an email account or in messengers inbox that are hackable.
indayburakday012

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 04:05:27 PM

This is the best way to stop hackers to hack digital wallet. Since there are many experts in the computer and internet then it must be a good strategy to make a certain plan and study on how to get away from hackers. This thread is very helpful and i saw  many merits on top of it. Well good luck to all the crypto holders out there hope that they can bump this thread.
jeromix
Copper Member

Merit: 2

Ako Bayot!

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 04:07:51 PM

There are still ways to hack digital wallet and some of those are very complicated because they will going to use an app where you can disclose your private key like a phishing application that could be forwarded unto to you. However, if you are just too cautious then hackers could not be able to hack  your digital wallet. Just ignore good offer on the messages of the social media that includes here in bitcointalk also.

Haliburton

Activity: 502
Merit: 118

Liberated Forever. Domesticated Never.

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 04:25:44 PM

I would add another point - use antiviruses on your devices, which will protect you from phishing activities, especially when you log into your emails.
Using a virtual machine for getting access to your wallets and exchanges is also a common practice (though not everybody is technically smart enough to install and operate a VM).

Yes sir! Having an up-to-date antivirus will protect you against the latest threats inherent within cyber space. With this, you could avoid phishing attacks, keyloggers, and other malware which are known to have a negative effect over your cryptocurrency funds stored on your device. In addition, adding a good firewall software (such as ZoneAlarm) would contribute towards the security of your hard-earned cryptocurrency funds. This firewall has integrated Ransomware protection, which is good if you want to keep away hackers from stealing your information and asking for money in return.

Virtual Machines are a great way to further secure your cryptocurrencies against hackers too. I've seen a Linux-based OS called Qubes OS which relies on Virtual Machines for nearly every application executed on it. Everything is isolated in a Virtual Machine, which help prevents hackers gaining access to other critical parts of your system that would affect the longevity of your crypto funds. If you're extremely paranoid, then use an external Wifi adapter to conduct your crypto transactions, connect to a VPN, use Tor, and even an amnesic operating system such as Tails (which forgets everything you've done on it after a restart or shut down of your computer). Smiley

Irwandho

Activity: 83

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 04:41:07 PM

Be cautious when downloading files, not only in email. Remember that there are clever people out there in crypto. You’ll notice files posted in communities, on Telegram, Facebook, Reddit, etc. As tempting as it is to click them, be aware that they could be bait. Always caution.

I think this is a very high risk to get a hack because if you connect public wifi, many hackers can hack your account just by using your own wifi.
This is very helpful and deserves to be read specifically on new brands in this crypto currency, many people are hacked because they don't know how to protect their own coins and they don't know how to place security to prevent hacking. I always enter 2fa for evey accounts and I'm not logged on public wifi.
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 01:39:37 AM

To avoid phishing or hacking use a hardware wallet to store your Bitcoin. That way your bitcoin wallet will be safe because they cannot open your wallet without your physical wallet. Even if they stole your hardware wallet they cannot open it without your password.
Yeah, right now there's hardware wallet that will make your assets safer because you will avoid phishing and scams, but you need money to buy hardware wallet, but no problem it will be worthed with the security you will get, but if you don't want to buy it You can use an online wallet and add 2fa
befriendmywater

Activity: 658
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 01:42:45 AM

There are many ways to stop hacking our wallets. But the best way is to buy a hard purse. Ledger Nano S is the best product I have used in the past 3 years and I have never been stolen by hackers ever. it was a great success.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
Flor1982

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 01:57:40 AM

In addition, i suggest to use hardware wallet like Nano Ledger S especially if you are holding huge amount of crypto currencies. Nano ledger S is an offline wallet in which proven safe for years against these hackers. Your ways on how to protect our crypto assets are all very informative and very useful against the thieves plus using hardware wallet will now become trully safe.
rochellesagabaen

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 03:07:07 AM

You can't stop the programmers to hack your digital money wallet. All you have to do or the most secure thing is to separate it into a few spots, there is no assurance that empowering all security highlights will be sheltered. So sharing them into different sorts of wallet is the most secure thing.
Agriasoaks

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 03:22:41 AM

Thanks for this helpful info. I was hacked for wallet but did not know the reason. I will apply your method.
libert19

Activity: 2506
Merit: 943

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2018, 03:26:42 AM

Good day to all of you guys I am EdsnowAngel a programmer and a bit security tester in different platforms. Now I heard to my friends a lot of concerns saying "please help me my bitcoin wallet was hacked!!"
Ok ok first thing first when your bitcoin wallet gets compromised then your funds was send in different wallet then it is irreversible meaning no return of funds!! so I wanna tell everyone how to protect your bitcoin wallet from such kind of situation.

We all know we use GMAIL as our email provider for such accounts like blockchain then we can recover and approve login with email in some wallets, now when your email account was targeted and get compromised then say goodbye to your bitcoin.To secure your bitcoin wallet(ex: blockchain or other) go to your google account settings. and then turn on the 2FA(2nd factor authentication) here is the guide on how to do it: STEP BY STEP GUIDE

It's a very bad idea to use someones device(ex:from friend) to make a transaction in your bitcoin wallet why? because first you don't know what is the capability of that person regarding that matters and you don't know if that phone has a lot of malwares and spywares.So we cannot say that you are safe using someones device to make transactions.

This is the most important thing to remember for everyone using your ETH or BTC wallet without backing up your Private keys then you can't recover you wallet in case you forgot your wallet.PK's are very important but there are thing you should do first. Make sure you store your PK backup somewhere that you only know and not from your computer because there are some spyware that might inside of your computer that can steal that file so make sure you back it up print in a paper and hide it to the place where you only know.

This method was called email phishing where an attacker will send the same email in thousands of random users once the victim will click the link in that email then his or her device was compromised to avoid this please do not click the links included in the email immediately please always have time to check who is the sender of that email and if that email is came from the site where it supposed to came from.

It's quite good to have access with free wifi's but have you think this: IS THIS A SAFE NETWORK? without you knowing maybe some of the people connected to that same network may have idea and skill on how to sniff passwords and credentials this method was so called DNS SPOOFING or SNIFFING if you want to use public wifi then use it not just with your bitcoin transactions.

This method is called PHISHING where an attacker  will send you a link to login with your bitcoin wallet luring you with the legitimate site example is:

then once you login to the fake site then the hacker or attacker will have now your credentials. Please always check for the green lock on the url bar and the word HTTPS in the link.

so this are some of the way to stop hackers to hack your bitcoin or crypto wallet. If you have other information then you can comment it down and lets help others.

Nice info's but, i think most advanced computer user's are already familiar with most of these hacking strategies except for the benefit of newbies.

Do you have any idea's or knowledge about protecting wallet against possible so-called bitcoin private key generator? This are program developed to automatically guest & crack encrypted key through a combination of certain number's

I pointed out this because, now their are lot of advanced hacking techniques which has been employed to steal coin. I think security tester's and coder's in bitcoin enviroment should  focus more on this area's.

Thanks for the info's
Bitcseo

It is certainly not possible. To decrypt encrypted data it takes ages. Make sure that you choose a strong password during encryption.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
bigblackdeck45

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 03:39:51 AM

Thank you for this great information. I hope more people can get to read this awesome information and help them. I believe in a simple way and that is you will never get hacked of you are more cautious. I believe that most incident of being hack are usually user errors who end up blaming the system. A lot of users are not cautious when taking care of their wallets resulting to being hack.
arc67583

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 03:43:40 AM

Most of us are not developers or IT experts and we even got to know how to use a wallet very recently and we saw lot of criminal activities that were happening in the crypto market and to avoid such things from happening to us the best and the only way is to follow right practice when dealing with wallets and using exchanges and those information are available in the Internet for anyone to go through if some one wants to protect his money from hackers   
edsnowangel (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 39

Citowise-Developing Crypotpayment Infrastructure

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2018, 02:29:54 PM

Do you have any idea's or knowledge about protecting wallet against possible so-called bitcoin private key generator? This are program developed to automatically guest & crack encrypted key through a combination of certain number's

yes I have idea about bitcoin private key generator and I also have program something like that the problem with the bitcoin private key generator is that it takes too long to find a wallet with the generated private key that has a balance right.

if you want to find my thread about the PK generating software just refer to the link below:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3427504.0

sd
winterland

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 01:08:10 AM

by following ways
Don’t leave your funds on exchanges
Use online and offline wallets
Use Cold Storage
Never tell anyone about your Income and profits
Do not click on any miscellaneous Emails and link
To not tell anyone about the success that you had with cryptocurrencies is something that is very difficult to do for many numbers in the forum, and it's understandable if you have obtained great profits with cryptocurrencies, it makes sense to want to brag about it with your family and friends but you are right when you say that is something that you should not do because that makes you a target.
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 01:38:35 AM

In addition, i suggest to use hardware wallet like Nano Ledger S especially if you are holding huge amount of crypto currencies. Nano ledger S is an offline wallet in which proven safe for years against these hackers. Your ways on how to protect our crypto assets are all very informative and very useful against the thieves plus using hardware wallet will now become trully safe.

Using wallet hardware is the most recommended thing because its security is guaranteed, but some users are reluctant to buy that
hardware even though it can be a good security on their assets, if they don't want to buy it, they can add 2fa to their wallet
Tunapress

Activity: 110

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 03:14:35 AM

Precautionary measures should be observed in order to keep your cryptowallet safe from hackers. But then again, no matter how secure your crypto wallet is, it can still be breached by hackers if you are very careless in the first place. Being vigilant must be the very first security measure we should equip in ourselves. Tongue Roll Eyes Kiss
Boy_Pikot

Activity: 7

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 03:30:35 AM

It might be a little late to the party but also install browser extensions. The main ones I use are Metamask (although I don't put any eth there), Metacart and Cryptonite. I also installed Ublock Origin to get rid of any potential ads.
popsywura

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 03:45:10 AM

Great piece of information. Am sure most of the newbies and incoming investors will find this piece of information useful and can be use for reference purpose. Just to add to it,  don't be using a public computers in accessing your wallet, it's risky doing that it will expose you to hackers in your absent and always clear your browsing history after using the internet.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: