Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:00:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HOW TO STOP HACKERS TO HACK YOUR CRYPTO WALLET  (Read 5308 times)
tranhieu2799

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 01:38:36 PM

It is best not to visit malicious links and trust strangers. Absolutely not disclose your wallet information to others. It is best to have your own private cryptocurrency wallet, myetherwallet is the best choice for you.
BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 02:14:50 PM

And additionally, use 2FA everytime an exchange offers them. 2FA or Two Factor Authentication is an extra security measurement ensuring the identity of a person via access codes that is usually refereshed on a timed manner on the owner's chosen devices (usually your mobile phone).

It is easy to install, easy to use and is quite effective. And more over, popular 2FA such as google or authy is absolutely free. Just don't forget to backup your authentication key so that you could recover your access should you lose access to your device. Loosing your authentication key could get you locked out of your accounts once 2FA is employed.

An extra ounce of care is always helpful.
edsnowangel (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 39

Citowise-Developing Crypotpayment Infrastructure

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2018, 07:18:29 AM

5th: Do not trust PUBLIC WIFI 

It's quite good to have access with free wifi's but have you think this: IS THIS A SAFE NETWORK? without you knowing maybe some of the people connected to that same network may have idea and skill on how to sniff passwords and credentials this method was so called DNS SPOOFING or SNIFFING if you want to use public wifi then use it not just with your bitcoin transactions.
I just wanted to write here not give anybody your private key, but noticed the fifth point of instruction.
That is very important point of your security, remember this and spread this info around.

yes I believe that this thing  is the most important to remember because most of the people nowadays depends on free wifi maybe on cafe or in public places without thinking that this could be the flaw in their computers

sd
Chooroz

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 11:46:00 AM

can it be applied to myetherwallet? I've lost some of my valuable tokens, and I don't know why myetherwallet can be hacked, whereas I've saved private keys in the form of JSON file / Keystore
The best thing to do to stop a lot of hackers to hack our crypto wallet is dont ever give our private keys on other people, the only people can trust about our private key is our family, and the other way to stop hackers is dont  tell to anyone how many cryptos we have.

A re'volutionary decentralized digital economy 
Join us:██`Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github
.ATHERO
.Internet 3.0 solution
BTalarmus

Activity: 443
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 03:38:45 PM

The easiest way to ensure security is to use dedicated computer for the wallet. If you work with large amounts of crypto assets, then small spending on acquiring special device will be completely justified.
umar22pk

Activity: 602

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2018, 04:17:37 PM

That’s a great & informative post for all members of bitcointalk, it will guide to new comers, old members as well.
I think if we want to secure our assets then we have to follow this instruction, hardware wallet is also a best option to make secure our assets.
Satish147

Activity: 420

Harmony for One and All

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2018, 05:11:10 PM

HOW TO STOP HACKERS TO HACK YOUR CRYPTO WALLET
Protect yourself from cyber criminals

Good day to all of you guys I am EdsnowAngel a programmer and a bit security tester in different platforms. Now I heard to my friends a lot of concerns saying "please help me my bitcoin wallet was hacked!!"
Ok ok first thing first when your bitcoin wallet gets compromised then your funds was send in different wallet then it is irreversible meaning no return of funds!! so I wanna tell everyone how to protect your bitcoin wallet from such kind of situation.

1st: Protect your GMAIL or EMAIL ACCOUNT

We all know we use GMAIL as our email provider for such accounts like blockchain then we can recover and approve login with email in some wallets, now when your email account was targeted and get compromised then say goodbye to your bitcoin.To secure your bitcoin wallet(ex: blockchain or other) go to your google account settings. and then turn on the 2FA(2nd factor authentication) here is the guide on how to do it: STEP BY STEP GUIDE

2nd: Use your own DEVICE or COMPUTER/PHONE

It's a very bad idea to use someones device(ex:from friend) to make a transaction in your bitcoin wallet why? because first you don't know what is the capability of that person regarding that matters and you don't know if that phone has a lot of malwares and spywares.So we cannot say that you are safe using someones device to make transactions.

3rd: Always backup you PK's or PRIVATE KEYS

This is the most important thing to remember for everyone using your ETH or BTC wallet without backing up your Private keys then you can't recover you wallet in case you forgot your wallet.PK's are very important but there are thing you should do first. Make sure you store your PK backup somewhere that you only know and not from your computer because there are some spyware that might inside of your computer that can steal that file so make sure you back it up print in a paper and hide it to the place where you only know.

4th: Don't open links from malicious emails

This method was called email phishing where an attacker will send the same email in thousands of random users once the victim will click the link in that email then his or her device was compromised to avoid this please do not click the links included in the email immediately please always have time to check who is the sender of that email and if that email is came from the site where it supposed to came from.

5th: Do not trust PUBLIC WIFI 

It's quite good to have access with free wifi's but have you think this: IS THIS A SAFE NETWORK? without you knowing maybe some of the people connected to that same network may have idea and skill on how to sniff passwords and credentials this method was so called DNS SPOOFING or SNIFFING if you want to use public wifi then use it not just with your bitcoin transactions.

6th: Do not login on Suspicious links

This method is called PHISHING where an attacker  will send you a link to login with your bitcoin wallet luring you with the legitimate site example is:
the real site is: https://www.blockchain.info/
the fake site is: http://www.blockchain.ga/

then once you login to the fake site then the hacker or attacker will have now your credentials. Please always check for the green lock on the url bar and the word HTTPS in the link.

so this are some of the way to stop hackers to hack your bitcoin or crypto wallet. If you have other information then you can comment it down and lets help others.

Good info at one single place. This will be helpful for most of the new comers and experienced people also. Right now security is the biggest concern for digital assets. So everyone be cautious before revealing any info in public and saving info in PCs.

winterland

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 09:35:47 PM

can it be applied to myetherwallet? I've lost some of my valuable tokens, and I don't know why myetherwallet can be hacked, whereas I've saved private keys in the form of JSON file / Keystore
If you still have some coins in your wallet after you were hacked then it is very likely that you were victim of a hacker that is using some kind of script and that is only looking for a particular coin, so if you can you need to try to make a fresh installation in a different computer and then move your coins from your old address to a new address that you generated in that new virus free computer.
riskarcher

Activity: 672

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 09:54:35 PM

If you still have some coins in your wallet after you were hacked then it is very likely that you were victim of a hacker that is using some kind of script and that is only looking for a particular coin, so if you can you need to try to make a fresh installation in a different computer and then move your coins from your old address to a new address that you generated in that new virus free computer.
and never forget to use the google authenticator and the meta mask in accessing the coins that you have on mew because with double protection it will certainly make it difficult for hackers to penetrate the walls you have

sarul
Copper Member

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 02:39:22 AM

Protecting the Bitcoin wallet is a vital necessity for every Bitcoin user. Bitcoin today are the most attractive theft for hackers. To protect your funds, you need to follow a few simple rules and just be extremely attentive. The article is very good and useful!
Yeah, OP have do the right thing to share it through this forum, what the OP tries to explain because anyone must have these very basic skills while surfing the internet and for cover his ass. Believe or not, so many have become victims because they do not know this.
syntac

Activity: 338

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 03:04:51 AM

amazingly, I am very grateful for the info, so I can know that it is very vital and risky in bitcoin or something else, in the future I will be very careful, especially with my bitcoin wallet. once again I thank you as much.
Penuzel

Activity: 32
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 03:08:39 AM

control habit on internet and having clean device from any unfamiliar program  should be number one as priority for security of computer
also with using AV its adding more security it self .
yigga

Activity: 211

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 04:17:53 AM

Well explained in details Thanks for the information This is really worth for everyone, personally I also got more knowledge on how to protect my wallet Because I have a bad experience and I got hacked. Now I have more Idea how to use safe step when I use the wallets

Thanks again !
kucritt

Activity: 616

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 05:27:49 AM

how to stop hacker? i think the motive is use the phising website so to prevent it i think before you input your password or your private key you should check the URL twice, chek it that the URL is right and now a phising website

donadoni212

Activity: 456

Borderless Mobile Finance Marketplace

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 05:48:29 AM

Some people are really creative in storing their private keys. Some have them carved on steel then stored in a safe, but as we know, the most often found in the loss of bitcoin or altcoin is human error itself. Never visit a phishing website, because access to hackers steal your personal data will be easier. We can prevent them by keeping our private keys and our computers safe or by just buying a hardware wallet. But most of us keep private keys digitally which is the biggest mistake of crypto holders. I think you better keep your private key in your diary that must be stored properly.

code

Activity: 536
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 05:53:11 AM

exchangers must have multi-signature, so there will be protection, otherwise it looks very doubtful
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 06:07:37 AM

Those who have 2FA enabled on their wallets have nothing to worry, unless someone manages to install keyloggers in their laptops. So make sure that you follow the basic security precautions and everything will be alright.
[ProTrader]

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 06:28:14 AM

Just an added information, it is better to use hardware wallet to make another layer of security to void hacking incase those listed is being compromised. By using hardware wallet, the hacker need to have a physical device to access your wallet.
CockDiesel

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 06:33:12 AM

The only way to do that is to be reasonably careful about your crypto and the software you use. I mean never using online wallets, but switch to cold wallets instead and keep your private keys in a safe storage in more than one place.
Pikachu12

Activity: 435

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 06:44:02 AM

I feel that Article 1 is the most important thing and we need to keep this in mind. We should not visit strange or no sense links. Viruses are very much at those links and you should install all the layers of email security. That will help you a lot in protecting your account.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: