Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 05:19:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 110 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I lost half of my crypto amount! what to do?  (Read 10068 times)
dommerty

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 05:10:43 PM

Dude, we all here know what you feel most of us got the same problems after crypto falling. If you start trading you shoud agree with the risks of this game. I lose a 2/3 of my money and it is good experience for me.
Ninjacointop

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 05:15:56 PM

Just stop to look at cryptocurrency charts! It makes you nervous. While market is going down, just change activity and explore the world of cryptocurrency! Just forget about your coins. Believe they will surprise you later.
Reez

Activity: 381
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 05:23:19 PM

Just forget about them for few months and then come back again once Bitcoin has stabilized. But remember don't panic sell. Its not just you who lost his crypto portfolio value but almost everyone. Only the hodlers get rewarded in the end.
Boristhecat

Activity: 756
Merit: 629

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 05:33:12 PM

So I basically got fomoed. Towards the end of 2017 I saw how high bitcoin skyrocketed and decided to invest in ripple as a test. Less than one week it went up 3x. This made me more ballsy and I put in 11k total in various other alt coins like ripple, ethos, tron, and cardano. After the crash I lost about half of my value just like that. I am frustrated with the experience and wish I would have just put in 1k or something. I wish I could just not invested and went into what I was doing earlier which was just investing the boring and traditional way. Should I wait and hodl or pull out and do something else?
In your situation, there is only one reasonable option - to keep coins and wait for a good price. Sooner or later it will be. In any case, the income will be higher than from the deposit in the bank.
GoBelle

Activity: 512

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 05:41:50 PM

I think it's a bad idea to sell in a state of panic (depending on the situation, of course.) I personally do not think you should ever invest money and have insane expectations to get rich with money that you need desperately. With that said, I recommend just holding on to the crypto until prices go back up again. There are natural rises and falls. If you panic sell you are possibly going to forever lose money. If you hold out until prices go back up and then reassess the situation, you are likely to do better. That's just from personal experience. That said, if the project you have invested a lot in is actually a crap coin, then you should probably sell while you have the chance to come out with anything before it plummets.
zikabra

Activity: 574
Merit: 139

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 05:44:59 PM

So I basically got fomoed. Towards the end of 2017 I saw how high bitcoin skyrocketed and decided to invest in ripple as a test. Less than one week it went up 3x. This made me more ballsy and I put in 11k total in various other alt coins like ripple, ethos, tron, and cardano. After the crash I lost about half of my value just like that. I am frustrated with the experience and wish I would have just put in 1k or something. I wish I could just not invested and went into what I was doing earlier which was just investing the boring and traditional way. Should I wait and hodl or pull out and do something else?
That decision is only up to you and you won't find good answer here:
As a holder I would suggest you to hold because I don't won't to see more reds.
As a buyer I would suggest you to sell because I want to buy cheap coins.
Think about this  Wink
Leocrypto da Vinci

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

OMNITY Knowledge, connected

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 05:53:50 PM

Well, I can assure that you are not alone in this situation!
Actually, lot of people that jumped on crypto at the end of last year los a lot of money. So what?
This is trading, sometime you win, sometime you lose.
Btw, I'm very positive that the market will grow again.

https://OMNITY.io/ico
               Knowledge, connected.               
Unifying Knowledge For Faster Insight.
themistocleess

Activity: 392
Merit: 2

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 06:09:29 PM

Risk is the most important thing in crypto market, lots of people lost their money, losing money is not the problem but losing hope is the main issue of people in the crypto market. Just wait till the market will recover and it will recover. i said this thousands of time

██████████████  CARTESI 📱 LINUX INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCALABLE DAPPS  ██████████████
https://cartesi.io/
Tylev

Activity: 854
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 06:12:13 PM

Now almost all holders of crypto-currency in the same situation, as the crypto-currency market has fallen for a long time. However, smart traders do not consider the temporary depreciation of their coins some kind of loss and losses. If they are not sold at a low cost, this is not a loss. This is not worth paying attention to. Soon the market will start to rise, then it will be better to consider the profit from the invested funds in these coins.
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 06:54:52 PM

In view of the fact that the fall of the crypto-currency market is common for all the crypto-currency, everyone is now in the same position. However, the possible losses due to the depreciation of the existing coins, this is not a loss. Now you need to hold all your coins and wait for the next revival and growth of your coins. A cyclical drop in the rate of a crypto currency is a common occurrence and one should be calm about this, regardless of the fact that the current decline has been too long.
kliown

Activity: 1080
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 06:57:38 PM

So far, just wait, and after some time, after the market has recovered, you can act at your discretion. But for now, just wait.
Herressy

Activity: 361
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:13:35 PM

Do not panic. In my opinion  cryptocurrencies change so much in price that there is always an opportunity to recoup and return lost money. You just need to correctly allocate money for currency pairs.
just accept for what are may really happen for you after this lost a big amount , there is a lot of chances that you can have the return for all of what you may had been take for. be patient cause everything may back just focus on it.
X-avier

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:06:44 PM

I think your best decision would be to wait for the completion of this lingering and many catastrophic fix, the coins you've invested have the potential to grow, so just believe in a brighter future and never regret what you've done, you've gained experience and until you've sold everything, you've lost nothing!

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Vanopest

Activity: 209

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:16:43 PM

I lost half my crypto due to theft. I plan to hold on and I don't think it will be long before my other half makes up for the loss.
qtronix

Activity: 596

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:18:06 PM

You should not be upset about failures with cryptocurrency. This activity is very risky, and not always everything turns out as you want. I in its time, too, lost many money, not selling on time at face value, and continue to lose money and now. But I just got over it and I'm not nervous anymore.
fmasta

Activity: 254
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:44:35 PM

Leave the coins alone and just wait for them to grow in value. It's very likely to happen.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA    mastercard   SPA    UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
IrenNTA

Activity: 364

"One Token to Move Anything Anywhere"

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:53:13 PM

It's very hard to see when your portfolio is decreasing every day. But until you start selling you still don't loose anything. Remember that after fall there always will be growth. So just be patient don't panic.
weav

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

- "Bitcore (BTX) - Airdrops every Monday"

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:06:52 PM

You are not the first one who this has happened to . First make sure you real life bills are paid and can be paid for , if not take some money out. With the money you have left you can do multiple things , keep it in crypto for example. Most people here lost similar amounts in their portfolio but they are just waiting it out, because they think the price will go back up , which makes sense. Or you take your money and put it in stocks , much safer and a lot less stress. Just always remember never put in more then you can afford/are comfortable to lose. Good luck.

bramgg.crypto

Activity: 194

Grow with the flow.

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:19:51 PM

First FOMO is a common mistake of the new folks in our community,second you made a common mistake,third you shouldnt blame yourself because most of the people here have done that,fourth you should know how to effectively pick good altcoins with these bunch of shitty coins out there,lastly do a lot of research before investing to any coin because investing blindly is worst than donating your money to charity because 95% of the coins in the market are shitcoins,spending a lot of time doing research could have saved you.

At least from charity you'll get some karma points  Grin

I also lost almost half of my initial investment. Give it time. I'm confident that the latter part of this year will make you forget the frustration youll experience right now and you'd wish you've invested earlier.
dogandogru

Activity: 481
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:49:25 PM

You are not alone in this race. There are a lot of new investors are there in the market who entered with strong bullish wave and are in deep loss now.
I suggest you not to sell any of your holding now, have some patience, the market is expected to return back in its own form soon.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 110 »
  Print  

Jump to: