Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:39:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 110 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I lost half of my crypto amount! what to do?  (Read 10066 times)
Aleksandr_ov

Activity: 252
Merit: 44

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 09:34:05 PM

since the fall, my coins have fallen by 75%, I do not despair, and I think that everything will recover, but now it is necessary to wait this difficult moment

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
creative~mind

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 11:14:37 PM
Merited by d@nte (2)

So I basically got fomoed. Towards the end of 2017 I saw how high bitcoin skyrocketed and decided to invest in ripple as a test. Less than one week it went up 3x. This made me more ballsy and I put in 11k total in various other alt coins like ripple, ethos, tron, and cardano. After the crash I lost about half of my value just like that. I am frustrated with the experience and wish I would have just put in 1k or something. I wish I could just not invested and went into what I was doing earlier which was just investing the boring and traditional way. Should I wait and hodl or pull out and do something else?
If you passed through all of it, you should already know that this is not the best place to ask investment advice. Most users on this forum are promoting centralized shitcoins, like XRP, or coins with serious design flaws, like Ethereum.

All I can say to you is to find professional advice, if you don't want to lose more money.

⚪ Byteball (https://byteball.org/)     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1608859.0)          TELEGRAM (https://t.me/byteball)          TWITTER (https://twitter.com/ByteballOrg)          MEDIUM (https://medium.com/byteball)          SLACK (https://slack.byteball.org/)          REDDIT (https://www.reddit.com/r/ByteBall/)
ANDRE2222

Activity: 145
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 11:28:50 PM

Be careful if you want to invest in other altcoins, because now the price is still unstable, could be the possibility of altcoin will not be sold. Invest in a clear altcoin, and where people invest in it. Bitcoin and ethereum are places of greatest investment.
retrend

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 11:32:11 PM

I, too, lost most of my investment portfolio. Some coins have become cheaper by 50-70 percent. This is very much. I'm sick of this situation on the market.
Everyone was faced with this. Unfortunately, we can not do anything. Only wait.
bastian466

Activity: 1302
Merit: 250

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 12:01:42 AM

many people are trapped by making a purchase at a high price now the price plummets to the bottom. do not sell it until the market returns to its peak. it's time to buy and wait to get into profit

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
guanyikclkv8593

Activity: 484
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 12:21:33 AM

So I basically got fomoed. Towards the end of 2017 I saw how high bitcoin skyrocketed and decided to invest in ripple as a test. Less than one week it went up 3x. This made me more ballsy and I put in 11k total in various other alt coins like ripple, ethos, tron, and cardano. After the crash I lost about half of my value just like that. I am frustrated with the experience and wish I would have just put in 1k or something. I wish I could just not invested and went into what I was doing earlier which was just investing the boring and traditional way. Should I wait and hodl or pull out and do something else?
I think you should hold them and wait for the right price to sell them. If you have enough money, you can buy in  more coins.
Shreek

Activity: 476
Merit: 112

IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 12:30:02 AM

first you can do hold some time, then wait for market from coin back to normal (HODL)
or you choose to sell it now and buy it again at a cheaper price then hold it again (buyback)
never despair of a coin that has development

jimimcome907620

Activity: 397
Merit: 250

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 12:30:36 AM

I think you should hold and wait for the right time to come. If you sell now,  you will have no chance to win them back.

realsmans

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

Transforming the Global Shipping Industry

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 12:33:12 AM

I think you should hold and wait for the right time to come. If you sell now,  you will have no chance to win them back.
I will agree with you. Most of my mistake of losing money on the market, is selling coins on the bottom, because I couldn't wait when it will come back up.

Blockshipping  ────────────────────────────────────────────   Whitepaper   Telegram   Github
██  Transforming The Global Container Shipping Industry   ██████████████            Twitter    Facebook         
『 The ICO starts 14 May 2018 at 2 pm CET 』  ────────────────────   Reddit   Medium   ANN Thread   
enawati

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

https://adonx.one

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 12:33:19 AM

If you now lost 50% , the best way to recover is wait patiently because will be any chance of market back to normal and to grow. While waiting for that learn more about new strategy and learn from the mistake, make better strategy to recover the loss and to gain profit.

doudou1110

Activity: 100
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 12:36:23 AM

Sorry to hear that, the crypto market was very crazy that time, I think you can try to increase your amont of coins buy selling and buying back at a lower price. Also, buy the major coins is wise.

jamiebear

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 12:45:34 AM

Sorry to hear that. I honestly think alot of people are in the same situation as you are. Selling at a loss is not an option in my opinion because some point in time it will go back to the price you bought it, the ideal thing to do is to buy more at a lower price to average the price and to hold it until it comes back up. It is really frustrating to see your holdings go down on fiat value but you need time, patience and discipline in order to be able to recover your losses.
shidannv

Activity: 201

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 12:45:56 AM

We had better hold them and wait for the right time to caome toa mkae more money.
erickastella

Activity: 826
Merit: 281

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 01:34:58 AM

same with me .-.
lost about 50% with my investment , but yesterday , my token increased approx 24% , i sell all , and today the token has fall again.
i buy back at low price and got x2 amount of my investment xD and hold till the price increased again , but hold for take profit is so bored , but just be patient is the key of profit in trading ._.
this is because bitcoin price not stable , someday when bitcoin have stable price maybe $10k++ , then all coins will have a green day , maybe in future , idk when.
Konthol Ngaceng

Activity: 646
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 02:03:04 AM

Almost all users lose more than 50% of the money because the bitcoin price and all the coins down, I also experience so, but I do not panic and convinced that the price of all coins immediately rose, because if we sell now then we will lose and regret.
andeluna

Activity: 238
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 02:15:12 AM

You should hold the crypto you still have and wait until its price increase. Do not sell it while the market is still red because you will have regrets. Just hold it until the price recovered so you can get back what you lost.

♲   ∞   GRN Grid   ∞   ♲
█ ♻ ▌A SUSTAINABLE FIRST BLOCKCHAIN WITHOUT COMPROMISES ▌♻ █
GRNGrid.com
GFE

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 02:27:50 AM

I think the best way is hold criptocurrency at present. Of course, it could be further dump but unfortunately nobody knows it exactly

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Nexmesh Team

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 02:33:07 AM

Hang in there mate. Even though the price you got in at looks bad now, it'll look like a massive bargain in a year or two. My advice would be to buy more now in projects that you believe in if you can afford it. If not, just hodl and enjoy the ride.
askmecrypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 02:43:59 AM

first thing first, if you are investing in crypto, start checking your profit and losses in crypto value (BTC/ETH) whatever you may prefer and stop checking the FIAT value until and unless you are cashing out.
I believe over 50% of investors have a very similar story like you. Even myself, am down from the time I was during ATH market, but my investment in crypto began 4 years back and I am still over 10 times my initial investment.
It all depends on when you enter the market.
7Dyoknga5

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 02:49:11 AM

That's what we call risks. Bad thing is the risk that you took went downside of the hill. With cryptocurrencies' volatility, it's kinda hard to determine when will you have profits, The decision to hodl or sell will still be in you, if you choose to sell it, try investing wisely, if you decided to hodl have patience then. Good luck bruv

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢          Buddy          ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Development Automation Platform
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢ token.buddy.works ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 110 »
  Print  

Jump to: