Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 12:08:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 110 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I lost half of my crypto amount! what to do?  (Read 10068 times)
Spiero7

Activity: 150
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 09:23:47 PM

I think you only got coned because you may have been too greedy. I usually tell people around me that the crypto business of a thing is a volatile in which no one should all of their lives on.
WickedPigeon

Activity: 345
Merit: 16

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 07:37:03 PM

What sound does Crypto make when getting flushed down the toilet?
Hodl, hodl, hodl. Gone.

If the original poster should have/would have sold some (or all) when he originally posted this he would be so, so far better off. I've seen it time and time again in other markets. A trader/investor has a feeling that they should do something, like sell, and instead they freeze. The moment this trader questioned himself, so much that he posted a comment here asking advise, he should have sold at least half his holdings.

He knew it, just couldn't do it.

And to all you hodl mined traders, you've been on the wrong strategy. Time to change your plan of action.

Bitcoin - Headed a lot lower, back to the Mean
Like a lot of people on this Forum, I'm in pain right now. My gains and profits are now turning into losses - capital is vanishing, melting, gone away. And it's going to get worse. I like reading the post here, it's a good community. BUT, lots of people are going to learn a hard lesson if they are trading like they say in their posts.

I've been trading markets for 35 years - as a job - and yep, I'm an old dude. I am still a trader and an accountant for a mid-size company; stocks, bonds, funds, options, futures, forwards, and a lot of currencies (thank god we aren't in Crypto-investments at work too).
Last year was seductive, I was doing well in all the markets (equity, debt, and crypto) - 'halcyon days'.  Last year, I had profits in Crypto, I was even buying into "it will be different this time."  But this year, I now have "unrealized" losses with some serious % numbers next to them. And I'm, from what I read, I'm not alone.

There are unavoidable Truths coming, if not already here. Lots of, if not most, people will lose in Crypto/Bitcoin investing. It’s just the way of the market. Holding to the end is a sure fire way to lose. Stepping up, ending a trade that’s losing money is so, so hard to do. But right now, it’s the only right answer. Save your capital, fight another day.

Good luck
The King Fisher and Wicked Pigeon

The classics never die.. they just find new markets.

From Jean-Paul Rodrigue (2017)
Bubbles can be very damaging, especially for those who arrived late with the hope of getting something for nothing. Even if they are inflationary events, the outcome of a bubble’s blow off is very deflationary as large quantities of capital vanish in the wave of bankruptcies and financial defaults they trigger. Historically, they tended to be far in-between, but the scale and amplitude of bubbles has accelerated; web/technology stocks (deflated in 2000), real estate (deflated in 2006), commodities (deflated in 2008) and crypto-currencies such as Bitcoin (deflated in 2018).

“How did you go bankrupt?” Bill asked.

“Two ways,” Mike said. “Gradually and then suddenly.”
tonylewisverdu

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:27:42 PM

you are not alone. just hold unless you really need the $$$ and wait. eventually it will come back
maxiimallist

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 08:48:37 PM

you are not alone. just hold unless you really need the $$$ and wait. eventually it will come back
We did not lose our money until we sold our coins. Therefore, we just need to keep our coins and wait for a new wave of growth. I think that we have to wait for the wave of growth not very long.

ⓄⓄ    Bitscreener - The world's first financial data ecosystem powered by blockchain    ⓄⓄ
ⓄⓄⓄⓄ    ICO starts in June 27     ⓄⓄⓄⓄ
Follow Bitscreener  | Facebook | Twitter| Telegram
Angel0

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 08:55:08 PM

Common mistake also of my friend was not to convert some of his token in to money last December, his $140000 become $24400 but he want to hold it until the market will recover again to gain more before cashing out some amount.
nightwishx

Activity: 900
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2018, 08:58:19 PM

Nothing to do just hold until your price or the value come. If, you want to invest more then choose some other coin now which are now at an attractive price. Invest in TFL and CAPP.
I think the price is not a good benchmark if you want to get the most profit, you can see how good the team handles it and what concept they offer

djscreem01

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 10:52:53 AM

The market began to accumulate itself. do not settle. do not be impatient. the key to this job is patience. wait and see the old values ​​and even the values ​​you buy will pass.  Wink
skaya7

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 10:54:27 AM

I think you should wait for a while because the times of the market rise very soon I think you will get most of the damage out of it then you can use it

CRYPTOV8 ◄◄◄◄ Bringing banking to blockchain►►►► (https://www.cryptov8.com/)
Naman1111

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 10:58:32 AM

it all depends on the quality of altcoins that you are holding really. Assuming that the the projects are good , then you wait for sometime. The market is beggining to move up and gearing for the second leg up. The market is gonna blast especially all the altcoins.. If the coins are medium to poor qualit of projects then u should consider moving the fujnds to quality of projects which are down right now. Reallocation of the portfolio is the key for making profits. Dont be emotionally attached to your coins
jojowar

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 11:11:24 AM

Me too. I lost more than half of my crypto amount. I think many of us experience that too because most of the cryptos drops down its value this year. We should do is to wait, HODL and have patience until our cryptos goes up again.

helin9108

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

ELYSIAN | Pre-TGE 5.21.2018 | TGE 6.04.2018

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 11:24:27 AM

I think you invested your money to be billionaires in just 1-2 days and crypto market is not like that. First you have some goal and target how much you want to earn per month and if it achieved you should book profit and exit. In your case you been greedy and not booked profit and lost your capital too but now dont worry , wait some time and let come the market to bullish trend again for good profit and not sell your coins in loss.

DrewXland

Activity: 409

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 10:40:32 PM

As long as you followed the rule of investing an amount that you can afford to consider lost, then there's nothing to worry about. If there's no need for you to turn the coins into fiat, then you have not lost anything. Just hold until the market goes up again.

That’s right you only lose when you sell and the most important idea involved in Crypto investing is that one must be in for the long haul. Short termist investing will only lead to loss but if it can stick it out
then you will be a winner. Is like planting seeds - keep on planting and watch them grow!
King Bounty

Activity: 392

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 10:44:45 PM

you have to do is only hold until the price increases again, because I'm sure all altcoin prices will increase again as at the end of December 2017.

Megashaw

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 10:48:53 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2018, 11:08:53 PM by Megashaw

I think everyone has once or twice or even thrice been a victim of FOMO. you feel something big might happen and it wlll be bad if you ain't part of it. I have been there but the thing to do is just hold your position. I mean those coins you are holding are very good coins because selling off might lead to further losses. So just hodl. You'd be glad you did bro
crypto-bit

Activity: 333

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 10:49:19 PM

I think you should hold that for a while, Holding means, you will not lose your investment as long as you will not sell that below in your target prices.Don't look out your portfolio coz make's you stressful even though you know that you already lose half of your investment, Divert your attention from other matter it will help you to relieves some stress.
NineBall

Activity: 123
Merit: 1

BLOCKCHAIN BASED REIT

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 11:03:00 PM

I you smart you will Hold. You must be patient for that. I suggest just leave it for several month or years. I think when you come back and look at the price, you will be surprised and maybe the price will exceed your initial capital.

GLOBAL REIT:    The 1st ever Blockchain based
Real Estate Investment Trust  〔 http://globalreit.io/ 〕
rurubot

Activity: 171

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 11:07:46 PM

Since in the beginning, it is always being mentioned that cryptocurrencies are volatile. They are unpredictable. It is risky especially if we're talking about 6digit investments. That's why, maturity and doing your own research are required before getting into buying and holding. Anyways, if you did hodl, i guess you are happy now because the coins are starting to became stable in increasing trend. You can finally recover what you have lose and even earn double profits.

(ಥ_ಥ) I AM STILL (ಥ_ಥ)
 (´・ω・`)LOOKING FOR( ˘•ω•˘ )
d(=^・ω・^=)b RIGHT BOUNTYd(=^・ω・^=)b
geyayy

Activity: 588

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 11:11:39 PM

There are flaws on how you tackle with your investments. First is that you bought assets or coins when they are high and now that you lost almost all of their value, there is no where for you to run. Second is that you become very greedy. You should have considered the circumstances that may happen for your other assets or other alts. Basically you based your investment on alts by just depending on what has happened to ripple.

Mahanton

Activity: 2730
Merit: 632

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 11:13:18 PM

I you smart you will Hold. You must be patient for that. I suggest just leave it for several month or years. I think when you come back and look at the price, you will be surprised and maybe the price will exceed your initial capital.
Not all the times that holding will be considered as smart yet there are scenarios or situations that a smart person would able to point on when is the best time to sell out.
If you are on negative then holding and not panic selling is the most better option than on selling it cheap.
Since in the beginning, it is always being mentioned that cryptocurrencies are volatile. They are unpredictable. It is risky especially if we're talking about 6digit investments. That's why, maturity and doing your own research are required before getting into buying and holding. Anyways, if you did hodl, i guess you are happy now because the coins are starting to became stable in increasing trend. You can finally recover what you have lose and even earn double profits.
If you did you own research before investing then most probably you would really able to avoid on these kind of cases since you are aware on the possible movements might happen ahead.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
richaerich

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 11:13:53 PM

So I basically got fomoed. Towards the end of 2017 I saw how high bitcoin skyrocketed and decided to invest in ripple as a test. Less than one week it went up 3x. This made me more ballsy and I put in 11k total in various other alt coins like ripple, ethos, tron, and cardano. After the crash I lost about half of my value just like that. I am frustrated with the experience and wish I would have just put in 1k or something. I wish I could just not invested and went into what I was doing earlier which was just investing the boring and traditional way. Should I wait and hodl or pull out and do something else?

in my opinion,. if you're already lost half of your crypto amounty, you need to wait and be patient, you should restrain yourself to sell al of your altcoin even when the market is bleeding, because if the price is falling down, it will be rise again after that
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 110 »
  Print  

Jump to: