Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:52:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 110 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I lost half of my crypto amount! what to do?  (Read 10068 times)
ufaiz50

Activity: 1666
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:08:26 PM

So I basically got fomoed. Towards the end of 2017 I saw how high bitcoin skyrocketed and decided to invest in ripple as a test. Less than one week it went up 3x. This made me more ballsy and I put in 11k total in various other alt coins like ripple, ethos, tron, and cardano. After the crash I lost about half of my value just like that. I am frustrated with the experience and wish I would have just put in 1k or something. I wish I could just not invested and went into what I was doing earlier which was just investing the boring and traditional way. Should I wait and hodl or pull out and do something else?
From what I see, if you do something like recover by selling your assets then trade or invest again, I'm not sure you can make a profit that can recover your loss, it would be better for HODL. you need to learn to understand the market much longer, you've done a mistake from the start by buying because of the test and because bitcoin the price goes up, you do not see and try to figure out why bitcoin prices go up.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
sergikrnd

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:14:32 PM

in such a situation, most people had to invest only those funds that are not sorry to lose!

ORVIUM Open and Transparent Science
『 https://orvium.io/ 』 Powered By Blockchain
MEMEX

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 12:05:34 AM

Maybe we still remember when China made Bitcoin crashes last year, and we also remember who among the bitcoin holders of that time were the winners. So I think it's not about making a profit 3 times a week, but maybe 30 times in 3 years, including patience when the situation is not as expected.
btcpara

Activity: 182
Merit: 22

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 12:07:51 AM

When it rains you have a bad mood and you do not want to have fun. But when it is over, you will smile again. It's raining now. Just wait until it's over. This year, we will all be able to sell our coins with good profits.
Awan Awan

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 12:16:25 AM

Mot of the crypto dealer r user lost something or value during the red zone, some even lost more than the half depending on the quality of the coin they were holding, but what is done is done, there is no  undoing. the best thing you can now do is t hold on to the coins you are having and give them time to regain their value.
Yes i am the one who loss more than half capital and i think around 80%. I know its big amount but i am holding my asset.
No we need to learn from experience and not to fall to the same hole twice. However, you should learn from experience too and become better.
putrisa

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 12:53:34 AM

you can do it seems like you should be more able to control the patience you have and you also have to remember what mistakes you have made and as much as possible not to repeat the same mistakes again.
bstewart

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 02:15:31 AM

Mot of the crypto dealer r user lost something or value during the red zone, some even lost more than the half depending on the quality of the coin they were holding, but what is done is done, there is no  undoing. the best thing you can now do is t hold on to the coins you are having and give them time to regain their value.
Yes i am the one who loss more than half capital and i think around 80%. I know its big amount but i am holding my asset.
No we need to learn from experience and not to fall to the same hole twice. However, you should learn from experience too and become better.

Learn and move on, improve from what you've learned. A good lesson is not to fomo at the top or all time high and buy lower.
melliana

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 02:20:22 AM

Consider those things as a lesson and great experience so you won't do the same thing in the future. You are able to earn more from others, just be patient and move on.
luckyFF

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 02:23:25 AM

When you make a mistake, if you are only losing a little bit, then stop losing immediately. If you lose more than half, I would suggest that you continue to hold or you should continue to buy at a low price to pull down your integrated buying price
Crypto_Train

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 02:32:12 AM

A lot of peoples portfolios are down at this point. For now you can either just hold on and wait for the bull run to come back and exit when you're even, hold on and wait to be in profit or sell at a loss and walk away thinking I made a mistake there. I think holding on is your best choice, it will recover and advance it just won't happen over night.
SalmanMJ9

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 02:35:18 AM

Well, i think most of the people who entered the crypto market between Dec 2017 and Jan 2018 without a proper knowledge in trading market or crypto market experienced quite the same. From my understanding, you haven't lost half of your crypto amount, but you just lost the value and that's fine. My suggestion, you have to ways:

- Spend your free time to master technical analysis with virtual trading, then start trade with your portfolio with a goal to gain more tokens.

- Forget about crypto, follow you hobbies and do your thing and check the market every 3 months

By following the market without doing anything, you're not gaining any good out of it.
emily666

Activity: 37

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 02:39:36 AM

This is a lesson. Learn what you did wrong and avoid it next time if you can (disclaimer: this is very hard in crypto)

also, markets are down for everyone today so you're not alone:) 
Tux99

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 02:45:16 AM

If you loss that much then you should think of options to move focus to other coins and sell your coins, no need to think about losses because all decisions are dynamic and recoverable. I have a similar experience and i cut loss and buy at deeper and try also other options.
Seeker#9

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 02:50:57 AM

Holding a coin is still one of the best strategies in cryptocurrency investment because this give you time to recover your losses. Because this is long term, you need enough patience for waiting for your investment to grow rather than selling your coins at a loss. In trading, you should also learn how to control your emotions to avoid further mistakes in the future.
BitcoVast

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 02:54:21 AM

investment coin is high risk, there must understand it before you buy coin, now you have already bought coins, my advice, you should hold up until you get profit
AlanShlafter

Activity: 157

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 02:55:06 AM

So I basically got fomoed. Towards the end of 2017 I saw how high bitcoin skyrocketed and decided to invest in ripple as a test. Less than one week it went up 3x. This made me more ballsy and I put in 11k total in various other alt coins like ripple, ethos, tron, and cardano. After the crash I lost about half of my value just like that. I am frustrated with the experience and wish I would have just put in 1k or something. I wish I could just not invested and went into what I was doing earlier which was just investing the boring and traditional way. Should I wait and hodl or pull out and do something else?
It seems you hodl for 2-3 months, so my suggestion is to hold your coins a few months more to catch the opportunity to sell higher. Market is not always bearish, it can become bullish and you can get back your loss anytime if you are patient and not take action with fomo or fud.
doge_shit666

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 03:00:24 AM

I think the best thing about this is that you have to control your emotions, calm down so you do not sell your coins. Keep it as a long-term saving asset. Surely the electronic currency you have carefully selected for investment will increase in price in the future.
labilaab

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 03:04:10 AM

I feel sorry for your loss.Its not new to my eyes seeing so many heartbreaking looses by many investors in this forum.Its as they say, ‘’ invest only what you can afford to lose” ,otherwise it will hunt you to the point of making careless decision to the extent of commiting suicide and other bad things but I do hope and pray it will not yield to that.Just calm yourself down and accept your lose.Take it as a good lesson from experience.All veterans in trading industry used to be that. Theres no shortcut and happy moments in life.

Just hodl it since you believe on its project just by investing on it.I know it will surely go back up as long as its project has many new updates.  Smiley

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
▬ xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase ▬
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
Trustor

Activity: 342
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 03:06:00 AM

You have two options left. Either cut loss which means sell your tokens at this point and invest in some other coin which has some recent news, update or partnership. Such coin can help in giving 2x returns on your investment and you would be able to cut the loss. Or you can hodl your coin. This bear cycle is likely to get reversed in coming months and then you can short profits.
lightning mcqueen

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 03:10:56 AM

You are not the only one, I also get affected. I also lost half of my investments here. Due to the red zone, the price drops very huge, so I am also affected. So you do not need to worry because for sure we can recover very soon.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 110 »
  Print  

Jump to: