Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 04:12:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... 294 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HoboNickels - HBN - High Fast Stake - Version 2.0! More Secure, Less Intensive  (Read 478536 times)
georgidimitrov

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 01:06:52 PM

NO, you get it wrong. This is MAX reward for a POS block. So if you have blocks < 20k HBN you should be fine.

thanks for the explanation

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Digi7ech

Activity: 121

HBN <3

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 06:31:07 PM

Why add that max stake? Does the larger block bog down the network? I constantly refold my blocks in to prevent thousands of sub 1 HBN stakes. I'm not quite at the 25k HBN block yet, but I recently made a 20k block.

Hobo Nickel rocks!
HBN: ErCmri4PCGc1HAQtsufpWA7M1M9tjRdTb6
breakbeater

Activity: 444
Merit: 250

Life is a bitch, get used to it...

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 06:37:33 PM

Tranz, how can i see S4C transactions?? I activated S4C but i don't know if it's working.
ndtv

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 07:44:35 PM

Why didn't you guys support Hobonickels on the Facebook MultiCoin app? It's a great promotional tool to reach non Crypto peeps

Where is the facebook Link.  I will like and share with my friends.
Tranz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052

May the force bit with you.

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 10:53:53 PM

Hi Tranz, do you have any best guess what date the eventual hard fork will be?  

Nov/Dec most likely. Not hard date yet. I still have a bit more work to do before I code up the hard fork. I have been busy with other things the last few days haven't had much time to code.

Why add that max stake? Does the larger block bog down the network? I constantly refold my blocks in to prevent thousands of sub 1 HBN stakes. I'm not quite at the 25k HBN block yet, but I recently made a 20k block.

The main reason is to incentive people to stake on a daily basis rather then only a few times with large blocks. Mostly it would be to prevent someone from simply holding thousands of coins offline, and then bring them back online after a long time and get a very large reward, for doing almost no network protection.

Tranz, how can i see S4C transactions?? I activated S4C but i don't know if it's working.

They will show up in the transaction page after the send goes through. You can see where and how much you are giving my clicking on the Stake For Charity tab, or the Network->Extended PoS Information menu option.

Why didn't you guys support Hobonickels on the Facebook MultiCoin app? It's a great promotional tool to reach non Crypto peeps

Where is the facebook Link.  I will like and share with my friends.

http://www.hobonickels.info/ will have all the links.

The facebook is here:  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hobonickels-HBN-Crypto-Currency/672818916094322

HBN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303749.0 hobonickels.info
Personal Donations: F1TranzWqFGZyFeTMu6iLbtTQgdXuJPsiL
Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw
breakbeater

Activity: 444
Merit: 250

Life is a bitch, get used to it...

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 08:57:39 AM

They will show up in the transaction page after the send goes through. You can see where and how much you are giving my clicking on the Stake For Charity tab, or the Network->Extended PoS Information menu option.

Well, i am using beta 2 wallet, in S4C tab i see a green text "Thank you giving.....", in Extended PoS Info tab i can also see percentage and S4C address. But i had 2 PoS blocks yesterday and there are no S4C transactions in my list.
crypto_chellie

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 01:35:42 PM

Well, i am using beta 2 wallet, in S4C tab i see a green text "Thank you giving.....", in Extended PoS Info tab i can also see percentage and S4C address. But i had 2 PoS blocks yesterday and there are no S4C transactions in my list.

Did you set any values for the min/max boxes in the S4C tab?  I have S4C set to 50% with min = 2.  If 50% of the stake is less than what I have set in the min box then the S4C will not split that stake transaction.  Believe the default value for the min box = 0.
Tranz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 01:38:53 PM

You won't see them as S4C, unless you have them labeled that way. They will only show up as normal send transactions. If they are not showing up, it could be the min/max value (if set) preventing them from sending. As Crypto_chellie suggested.

Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw
Tranz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 01:40:20 PM

Did you set any values for the min/max boxes in the S4C tab?  I have S4C set to 50% with min = 2.  If 50% of the stake is less than what I have set in the min box then the S4C will not split that stake transaction.  Believe the default value for the min box = 0.

Correct.
By default Min is the MIN_TX_AMT which is .0001. Max is MAX_MONEY_SUPPLY which is 120MM ;-)

presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 06:03:01 PM

Tranz, was able to successfully add the latest S4C changes to HyperStake! Thanks for all your good work.  Should we update the daemon makefiles as well?

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
Tranz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 03:29:24 AM

Tranz, was able to successfully add the latest S4C changes to HyperStake! Thanks for all your good work.  Should we update the daemon makefiles as well?

Glad to hear it, your start to the gui helped quite a bit, so thank you too.

I don't believe these changes require updates to other make files, as the dialog pages would only effect the qt client. Although to be honest I haven't tried a daemon compile in a while. So if you find out differently just let me know..

ninjarobot

Activity: 761
Merit: 500

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 09:38:44 PM

I switched back to 1.4.0.1 for now.

reasons:

• The last few days a lot of my staking coins ended up in change addresses.
  • Trying to consolidate coins back from change addresses to the original stake address using coin control would fail with "The amount exceeds your balance"
    (even though my transfer amount was smaller than the selected inputs - fees)
  • S4C would sometimes send the transaction twice (double the amount)
  • S4C would sometimes stop working even though enabled (no S4C transactions)

I was a bit worried that switching back to 1.4.0.1 would cause wallet compatibility issues but it worked fine and I was able to consolidate my coins into a single staking address again.
Tranz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 10:09:33 PM
Last edit: September 14, 2014, 11:30:15 PM by Tranz

Ninjarobot, thanks for the feedback, see below

I switched back to 1.4.0.1 for now.

reasons:

• The last few days a lot of my staking coins ended up in change addresses.
As the S4C is sent, the remainder of the block is sent to a randomly selected change address. PressF1 has also stated he would like to custom address be selectable for S4C. This is in my plans but for now it is not ready.
  • Trying to consolidate coins back from change addresses to the original stake address using coin control would fail with "The amount exceeds your balance"
    (even though my transfer amount was smaller than the selected inputs - fees)
This I am not so sure about, and is not something I have seen. Perhaps some discrepancy between the wallet.dat and the wallet index(database)
  • S4C would sometimes send the transaction twice (double the amount)
If the block that triggers the S4C does not get  accepted, and you get a new block(re-org), this is possible. It seems to be very low occurrence, but is something I am looking for a solution to.
  • S4C would sometimes stop working even though enabled (no S4C transactions)
Not sure here, was this after a restart of the client, or while it was running for a while?
[/list]

I was a bit worried that switching back to 1.4.0.1 would cause wallet compatibility issues but it worked fine and I was able to consolidate my coins into a single staking address again.

David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 03:14:25 AM

Question for everyone.

I am going to be making a choice about IRC. There are 2 options that I see.

#1 Remove it completely from the code. It is already disabled and will only use IRC if the users forces it with -irc=1.
#2 Or we can also keep it in there and I can add to it, so it will connect to a IRC channel and allow users to chat with each other. The wallet will not use it to look for peers though.

Do we remove and forget about IRC, or keep it and expand it's usage?

Zawinski's law of software envelopment
Every program attempts to expand until it can read mail. Those programs which cannot so expand are replaced by ones which can.
Replace "email" with "IRC".
Just tongue-in-cheek, though. I'd like to have it active on HYP to see if people use it (since HYP is all about experimenting and also have a pretty active IRC, it would make sense).

The main reason is to incentive people to stake on a daily basis rather then only a few times with large blocks. Mostly it would be to prevent someone from simply holding thousands of coins offline, and then bring them back online after a long time and get a very large reward, for doing almost no network protection.
A very elegant explanation, much better than the ones I came up with. I just  updated the HyperStake Wikia page about max subsidy accordingly.

Finally, regarding 1.5 beta 2: out of the version number mentionning 1.4.8 (I assume it is related to a technical constraint with github), very nice. First, it finally compiled (you remember I could not compile previous versions. Unfortunately, I had to redownload the whole blockchain. Not a big deal, but worth mentionning.

Oh! I also notice you finally fixed the ugly positionning of the "New", "Add" and "Upload" button on the bottom left by increasing the width of the buttons. Much better now Smiley

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
ofeefee
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1001

Tokenize Fantasy Sports

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 03:33:12 AM

Glad to hear it, your start to the gui helped quite a bit, so thank you too.

I don't believe these changes require updates to other make files, as the dialog pages would only effect the qt client. Although to be honest I haven't tried a daemon compile in a while. So if you find out differently just let me know..

I have added the caps auto saving feature to next release of Fluttercoin, and gitian compiles work, as do makefile compiles to, so no changes should be needed on your end.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▄▄
▄███▒▒▒▒█████████▒▒▒▒███▄
▄██▒▒▒█████████████████▒▒▒██▄
██▒▒████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▄▄███▄▄████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀█████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▄███████▄████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▀███▀▀▀▀▀████████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████▄███████▄███████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████▀▀███▀▀▀▀███████████▒▒██
██▒▒██████████████▄██████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████▀▀▀█████████▒▒██
▀██▒▒▒█████▄████▄██████▒▒▒██▀
▀███▒▒▒▒█████████▒▒▒▒███▀
▀▀████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
.STRYKZ     THE TOKEN FOR ALL FOOTBALL FANS.
..TOKENISING FANTASY SPORTS▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬....

█████████████▄
██   ▄▄   ██▀██▄
██ ▄█▀▀█▄ ██▒▒▀██▄
██ ▀█▄▄█▀ ██▒▒▒▒▀██
██   ▀▀   █████████
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██               ██
███████████████████
Whitelist
WHITELIST
BOUNTIES

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
█████████████▀▀▀      ██████
████████▀▀▀       ▄    ███████
█████▄         ▄█▀    ████████
████████▄    ▄█▀      ████████
███████████▄█▀       █████████
████████████  ▄     ████████
▀███████████ ███▄  ████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
MEDIUM
FACEBOOK
YOUTUBE
[                      █     █     █
                      ██▄ ▄███▄ ▄██
                       ███████████
                       ███████████
                        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄
                       ████████ ██
                      ▄███████▀ ███
                      ████▄▄▄▄▄ ███
                      ▀███████▀  ██
                      █████▄▄▄▄▄
                      ▀████████▀
                       ▀████▄▄▄▄
                         ▀█████▀
STRYKING
]
CrazyLoaf

Activity: 763
Merit: 534

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 08:25:41 PM

CrazyLoaf's CrazySteak(TM) High Pos Investment Journal

Got a little bored at how quiet the high PoS investment arena can be at times, so I started a journal.

The core position is the "Tranz-Tab-Tek Trifecta" Tongue

Check it out and join in if you want:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=783697
beitris.dwlul

Activity: 84

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 04:31:17 PM

I think, everyone is getting on the right train. Don't get left behind.  Grin

broken_pixel

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 12:24:16 AM

All aboard

Crazy, but that's how it goes
Millions of people living as foes
Maybe it's not too late
To learn how to love
And forget how to hate

Mental wounds not healing
life's a bitter shame
I'm going off the rails on a crazy train

I've listened to preachers
I've listened to fools
I've watched all the drop outs
Who make their own rules
One person conditioned to rule and control
The media sells it and you live the role

Mental wounds still screaming
Driving me insane

I know that things are going wrong for me
You gotta listen to my words
Yeah

Heirs of a cold war
That's what we've become
Inheriting troubles I'm mentally numb
Crazy, I just can not bare
I'm living with something that just isn't fair

Who and what's to blame

- Ozzy Osbourne

GA-990FXA-UD5, 1x 7970L, 2x S1, AX1200i, RIVBE, 2x R290x, NEX1500, BTC: 1G9cQix8bMgh35MQ9wY3Rb9yNSSCtnoRmK, DGC: DFo9FcKYsutv9Vx5c5xUzkrt7VJdECZWTM, LTC: LaAN33aktPGaimN5ALL9kjHjuJekfmKfTh
Tranz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 01:18:21 AM

All aboard

Crazy, but that's how it goes
Millions of people living as foes
Maybe it's not too late
To learn how to love
And forget how to hate

life's a bitter shame

I've listened to preachers
I've listened to fools
I've watched all the drop outs
Who make their own rules
One person conditioned to rule and control
The media sells it and you live the role

Mental wounds still screaming
Driving me insane

I know that things are going wrong for me
You gotta listen to my words
Yeah

Heirs of a cold war
That's what we've become
Inheriting troubles I'm mentally numb
Crazy, I just can not bare
I'm living with something that just isn't fair

Who and what's to blame

- Ozzy Osbourne

Great song... I need to remember to put this into my play list during my workout.

strawie

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 12:22:51 PM

I think we could do better. 2 Votes....
Pages: « 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... 294 »
  Print  

Jump to: