Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 09:39:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 294 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HoboNickels - HBN - High Fast Stake - Version 2.0! More Secure, Less Intensive  (Read 478536 times)
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 02:44:43 AM

mining  Grin

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 06:16:59 AM

mining  Grin

good to mine now and sell asap Smiley

yolo
collapse157

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 12:45:43 PM

The coin facts do signify that the community is stable. I believe we are approaching a low, so any new bloods to HBN like me should keep buying them up! Mine away too. Tranz is one of the best devs I've seen in my short time here and it's been proven this coin isn't going anywhere.

HBN | | HoboNickels -- 2% Interest Every 10 Days -- Stable Network -- Stake for Charity http:hobonickels.info
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 01:29:25 PM

The coin facts do signify that the community is stable. I believe we are approaching a low, so any new bloods to HBN like me should keep buying them up! Mine away too. Tranz is one of the best devs I've seen in my short time here and it's been proven this coin isn't going anywhere.

Tranz is very competent . An expansion of the user base and visibility in any coin always leads to great demands and pressures on the dev. (and not just from coding work). I would always favour low-key development and fine tuning of technicals, until there is a big team on the coding and promotion side.
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 10:29:10 PM

^ yeah after the manic bubble UP and the usual worries & FUD on the return slope I think somewhere between here and 20k should be about normal
I was surprised to see HBN fall through 10k sats but then the recent recovery (post CAP fork) as interest swings and people see cheap coin on the books.

Also another thought on update.

Would it be possible? - not sure about sensible and open to abuse -

To allow a text field allowing free text to be added to the blockchain when you POS a block.

I'm thinking in terms of the future charity activities and community info to be immortalised such as
"The red cross adopts HBN today" and
"$x donated by HBN users to xxx"
Major funding activities and disaster funds could be highlighted in the client as well a s a future "This day in Hobo History" field sourced and serviced by this free text function...

Also giving particular addresses functionality as in a certified charity address/wallet could should be able to do things a standard wallet/address can't

So I have considered adding messaging to the client and block chain. I do like your ideas. So I might begin to consider it more seriously. The only thing that is really holding me back is I am not sure if this type of thing would really bloat the block chain, it may also require a hard fork, so I would have to keep both of those in mind before we moved down that road.

The S4C will make it fully into the gui, and may also have some charities of choice hard coded as well.

Great ideas, keep them coming.

One thing I can think of that makes text in blockchain not as interesting, actually rofo told me about this risk, what if an enemy of the coin inserts something like how to make a bomb or something that could grab the attention of law enforcement?  Something to consider.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 01:14:05 PM

central caverns facebook page updated  Grin please mine your Hobonickels with us
Website|http://www.centralcavern.uk
NOMP|http://eu.centralcavern.uk:8080
Facebook|https://www.facebook.com/coincount?ref=tn_tnmn
Forum Thread|https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=676478.msg7661479#msg7661479
Bottlecaps|http://cap.centralcavern.uk/index.php?page=dashboard
HoboNickels|http://hbn.centralcavern.uk/index.php?page=dashboard
BTC P2Pool (Amsterdam)|http://eu.centralcavern.uk:9332/static/
VTC P2Pool (Amsterdam)|http://eu.centralcavern.uk:9171

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
FlungSpun

Activity: 414
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 01:40:39 PM

^ yeah after the manic bubble UP and the usual worries & FUD on the return slope I think somewhere between here and 20k should be about normal
I was surprised to see HBN fall through 10k sats but then the recent recovery (post CAP fork) as interest swings and people see cheap coin on the books.

To allow a text field allowing free text to be added to the blockchain when you POS a block.

I'm thinking in terms of the future charity activities and community info to be immortalised such as
Major funding activities and disaster funds could be highlighted in the client as well a s a future "This day in Hobo History" field sourced and serviced by this free text function...

Also giving particular addresses functionality as in a certified charity address/wallet could should be able to do things a standard wallet/address can't

So I have considered adding messaging to the client and block chain. I do like your ideas. So I might begin to consider it more seriously. The only thing that is really holding me back is I am not sure if this type of thing would really bloat the block chain, it may also require a hard fork, so I would have to keep both of those in mind before we moved down that road.

The S4C will make it fully into the gui, and may also have some charities of choice hard coded as well.

One thing I can think of that makes text in blockchain not as interesting, actually rofo told me about this risk, what if an enemy of the coin inserts something like how to make a bomb or something that could grab the attention of law enforcement?  Something to consider.

Yes this comes under my "is it sensible and or open to abuse" concerns.
Looking deeper I see that Blockchain.info offer a public note function on their wallets which at one point was included on the blockchain but has since been changed (due to concerns of blockchain bloat) it now resides on their own databases and linked back to transactions.

My first thoughts were to limit the text ala twitter or have some kind of elevated wallet for trusted publishers.
Trusted publisher might be the way to go for simple coin related headlines and community communications.
I'd imagine any future android app would be more focused on community aspects and quick transactions than staking so there is the "on the go" vibe to consider.

To widen it to all coin holders would need something like
A twitter account (first that came to mind) and modifying the block explorers and client to cross reference the transaction IDs
A wllaet function that allows "submission pending approval" for linked tweet to your POS block
Needs some over sight to screen inevitable junk.

It's possible this could be a route to make the free text public outside the need for a client or block explorer, you know, so HBN can show off a bit to everyone and boost cryto awareness, downloading of the client and start staking.

Anyway I'm just talking off the top of my head. I think there is something in there but it needs working out.
presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 03:25:42 PM

Yes this comes under my "is it sensible and or open to abuse" concerns.
Looking deeper I see that Blockchain.info offer a public note function on their wallets which at one point was included on the blockchain but has since been changed (due to concerns of blockchain bloat) it now resides on their own databases and linked back to transactions.

My first thoughts were to limit the text ala twitter or have some kind of elevated wallet for trusted publishers.
Trusted publisher might be the way to go for simple coin related headlines and community communications.
I'd imagine any future android app would be more focused on community aspects and quick transactions than staking so there is the "on the go" vibe to consider.

To widen it to all coin holders would need something like
A twitter account (first that came to mind) and modifying the block explorers and client to cross reference the transaction IDs
A wllaet function that allows "submission pending approval" for linked tweet to your POS block
Needs some over sight to screen inevitable junk.

It's possible this could be a route to make the free text public outside the need for a client or block explorer, you know, so HBN can show off a bit to everyone and boost cryto awareness, downloading of the client and start staking.

Anyway I'm just talking off the top of my head. I think there is something in there but it needs working out.

I think that would make a bit more sense and be a safer method.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
FlungSpun

Activity: 414
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 04:49:44 PM

I got another one.... but it'll tax you...

How about a maximise button on the coin control window?
I finally got fed up stretching it Cheesy
Digi7ech

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

HBN <3

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 07:06:48 PM

It's too bad Tokyo locked his investment thread. That was a cool read. I think it helped maintain value as well since it kept HBN in the lime light a bit.

The current price is pretty sweet for buying. I shut all my miners off due to summer and am just waiting for my Gawminer Falcon to get here to fire up and build some btc to buy more hbn.

Hobo Nickel rocks!
HBN: ErCmri4PCGc1HAQtsufpWA7M1M9tjRdTb6
Tranz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052

May the force bit with you.

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 01:09:09 AM

Version 1.5 is now being started. Please see this thread at CCT for updates as they happen. I expect a few months dev, q/a time, and relased in Q3 '14

If you have any comments feel free to post here or in the offical 1.5 thread.

https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/13199-preparing-hbn-v15/?p=110260

Thanks!

HBN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303749.0 hobonickels.info
Personal Donations: F1TranzWqFGZyFeTMu6iLbtTQgdXuJPsiL
Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw
tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 01:17:58 AM

It's too bad Tokyo locked his investment thread. That was a cool read. I think it helped maintain value as well since it kept HBN in the lime light a bit.

The current price is pretty sweet for buying. I shut all my miners off due to summer and am just waiting for my Gawminer Falcon to get here to fire up and build some btc to buy more hbn.

I do apologize for locking the journal. But I was being threatened by some trolls that they were going to spam the thread. I didn't want them to bring any negativity to my journal or to HBN so I decided to lock it. Also, the Hypercoin guys were using my thread to pump HYPER so that was also another reason why I shut it down, for now.

I might unlock it and do some monthly updates, but I will not leave it open for questions or discussion, as trolls might use that opportunity to spam the thread.

It is unfortunate it has come to that, but that is where I find myself now. I am still invested in HBN and it has allowed me to expand my investments into other coins, while still supporting HBN. It has been a very useful financial tool for me to generate ROI and it will continue to be one of my main altcoin holdings.

glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 01:46:02 AM

Wow HBN is sure took a beating this month.  Beating might not be the right word...decimation perhaps?  It's a shame because the coin itself, and especially the wallet, are great.

I'm beginning to think maybe the PoS rewards might be too high though. Anyone else?  I think it is so high that it will just inflate the coin lower and lower, unless a) bitcoin usd/btc price nose dives  or b) a huge expansion of the number of places you can spend HBN on products happens. 

PoS rewards cost next to 0 energy to make, so basically, users get 'free coins' after investing. Because there is no cost (in power ) to produce the coins though, and nowhere (hardly) to spend them on any products, the only real option is to trade HBN for BTC. So there is a huge downward pressure on the price, that so far, has only been avoided by newcomers & investors coming to the coin to buy initial staking amounts. But in real basic terms there is more pressure to sell then there are buyers. I'm pro HBN and pro PoS but do now think if the PoS rate of return is too high, it will be detrimental to the price, not beneficial. I think half the rate PoS from what HBN has would be better.

I'm rooting for this coin and holding lots still, but sure is tough for [any] alts when there are now over 250 (or whatever, didn't check) coins out there. Maybe a team member whose role is just promoting HBN could have a big impact... I always think of Doge: the coin itself was nothing special at all, one of a hundred, but it took off with such great advertising and community growth.

Whatever the case may be, good job Tranz, the wallet is awesome.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Tranz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 04:34:47 AM

I don't think PoS rate is too high. Especially if we look at the post Unick made a while back. We are only slightly ahead of, in terms of money supply, where we would be if this was a PoW only coin.

At block 1 million we would be at 5 million coins if we only had PoW. But we hit about 5.125 million with the extra reward for PoS.  Also remember this % will begin to decrease in the future.  Which will continue to crowd out PoW and therefore lower inflation, potentially even below PoW only rate.

Not having many merchants, is somewhat of an issue.  It would be nice to get more on board.  I will be working toward this, but only in so much as certain charities.

We should also remember where we started from, and where we have gotten.  The price has moved from 1/10 of a penny to as high as 25 cents. The number of users on the network has gone up at least 2 magnitudes, as well.

A high price is very nice. But for me, it is not the most important aspect.  If together we can create a nice stable network, which can at some level help others, and continue to push cryptos, bitcoin included, forward in a positive light. Then in my book mission accomplished.

Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw
presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 05:35:05 AM

I don't think PoS rate is too high. Especially if we look at the post Unick made a while back. We are only slightly ahead of, in terms of money supply, where we would be if this was a PoW only coin.

At block 1 million we would be at 5 million coins if we only had PoW. But we hit about 5.125 million with the extra reward for PoS.  Also remember this % will begin to decrease in the future.  Which will continue to crowd out PoW and therefore lower inflation, potentially even below PoW only rate.

Not having many merchants, is somewhat of an issue.  It would be nice to get more on board.  I will be working toward this, but only in so much as certain charities.

We should also remember where we started from, and where we have gotten.  The price has moved from 1/10 of a penny to as high as 25 cents. The number of users on the network has gone up at least 2 magnitudes, as well.

A high price is very nice. But for me, it is not the most important aspect.  If together we can create a nice stable network, which can at some level help others, and continue to push cryptos, bitcoin included, forward in a positive light. Then in my book mission accomplished.

Yep I think it is important to remember that HBN is about more than exchange rate. I figure HBN will be the best of the PoS coins for a long time to come.

daemonfox

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 10:54:04 PM

Anyone interested in a couple of domains I have?

hobonickle.com (yes I know it is misspelled but the real one has been taken and in use for the physical nickels to be displayed)
hobonickelpool.com

They both need to be renewed at the end of the month, so keep that in mind... if I transfer them prior the price (in HBN preferably) will be much less than if I renew them first and sell.

Send PMs with offers.

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
     ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦                     ¦¦   
    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦        ¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦  
   ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦              ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
    ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
     ¦¦                      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
....ZEN Nodes.... ....Horizen Academy.... ....Help Desk    ....Faucet   
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
scryptographer

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 11:22:35 PM

Version 1.5 is now being started. Please see this thread at CCT for updates as they happen. I expect a few months dev, q/a time, and relased in Q3 '14

Thanks!

Minor bug that you could perhaps work into 1.5?

Time stamp in transaction list and in coin control do not match (coin control is 1 hour behind)

Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 11:32:29 PM

Wow HBN is sure took a beating this month.  Beating might not be the right word...decimation perhaps?  It's a shame because the coin itself, and especially the wallet, are great.

I'm beginning to think maybe the PoS rewards might be too high though. Anyone else?  I think it is so high that it will just inflate the coin lower and lower, unless a) bitcoin usd/btc price nose dives  or b) a huge expansion of the number of places you can spend HBN on products happens. 

PoS rewards cost next to 0 energy to make, so basically, users get 'free coins' after investing. Because there is no cost (in power ) to produce the coins though, and nowhere (hardly) to spend them on any products, the only real option is to trade HBN for BTC. So there is a huge downward pressure on the price, that so far, has only been avoided by newcomers & investors coming to the coin to buy initial staking amounts. But in real basic terms there is more pressure to sell then there are buyers. I'm pro HBN and pro PoS but do now think if the PoS rate of return is too high, it will be detrimental to the price, not beneficial. I think half the rate PoS from what HBN has would be better.

I'm rooting for this coin and holding lots still, but sure is tough for [any] alts when there are now over 250 (or whatever, didn't check) coins out there. Maybe a team member whose role is just promoting HBN could have a big impact... I always think of Doge: the coin itself was nothing special at all, one of a hundred, but it took off with such great advertising and community growth.

Every coin I hold has taken a beating since 1st July. I think we're seeing profit taking more than anything fundamental to the coin.

That being said, you are right and then some about one thing, and it's not just this coin. There is not enough merchant support. I think that is the next thing that MUST be addressed by the crypto community. BTC you can buy shit with, so all coins end up being BTC sooner or later. Not the proper situation if you are doing something more than a fun experiment. HBN is a very well devleloped coin, with active support by it's dev team and a good many outsiders. It, and a few others, need to be pushed into the real world as transactional instruments. I actually think the high staking could end up being a huge asset for that very purpose, as merchants who accept payment in a high staking PoS coin are likely able to profit beyond just the sale, and in turn can offer discounts because of it.

If HBN were accepted at, say, Starbucks, do you think there would be a constant selloff? Or would buy pressure rise? I know which way I think it would go Cheesy
Tranz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 01:30:33 AM

Thanks!

Minor bug that you could perhaps work into 1.5?

Time stamp in transaction list and in coin control do not match (coin control is 1 hour behind)

Its actually the difference between your timezone and gmt time. Coin control is gmt and the transaction list is your time zone. There are similar discrepancies in the debug log file as well. But yes I will look into this more.

Thanks!

Tranz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 01:32:42 AM

Wow HBN is sure took a beating this month.  Beating might not be the right word...decimation perhaps?  It's a shame because the coin itself, and especially the wallet, are great.

I'm beginning to think maybe the PoS rewards might be too high though. Anyone else?  I think it is so high that it will just inflate the coin lower and lower, unless a) bitcoin usd/btc price nose dives  or b) a huge expansion of the number of places you can spend HBN on products happens.  

Every coin I hold has taken a beating since 1st July. I think we're seeing profit taking more than anything fundamental to the coin.

That being said, you are right and then some about one thing, and it's not just this coin. There is not enough merchant support. I think that is the next thing that MUST be addressed by the crypto community. BTC you can buy shit with, so all coins end up being BTC sooner or later. Not the proper situation if you are doing something more than a fun experiment. HBN is a very well devleloped coin, with active support by it's dev team and a good many outsiders. It, and a few others, need to be pushed into the real world as transactional instruments. I actually think the high staking could end up being a huge asset for that very purpose, as merchants who accept payment in a high staking PoS coin are likely able to profit beyond just the sale, and in turn can offer discounts because of it.

If HBN were accepted at, say, Starbucks, do you think there would be a constant selloff? Or would buy pressure rise? I know which way I think it would go Cheesy

Having merchants that want to KEEP a coin is what can make it appreciate in value. If they simply accept them and then dump them for btc/usd the value stays the same, or perhaps even decreases.

But getting a coin accepted a major retailer would help quite a bit!

Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 294 »
  Print  

Jump to: