Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:16:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 03:06:18 AM

Could you confirm that the 80 GH/s machine in this image...

https://i.imgur.com/s6POSIb.jpg

...is the same 80 GH/s machine in this image?

https://i.imgur.com/xvGtJHO.jpg

I am trying to figure out if both images are from the same machine. It seems the first image do not match any part of the machine in the last image.

I can confirm, by logic, that the images are of the same machine. One is a side shot, one is down the cage. The usb-board on the first shot is "Top-View" while the second shot is from the "Side-View", also indicated by the writing on the PSU, thus, showing the miner-board mounted in the cage, which is obscured in the first shot.

Plus, carpet is the same.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 03:28:07 AM
Last edit: January 07, 2014, 03:55:44 AM by Biomech

Evening folks.

Got home from work to a package from AMT. I shot an unboxing video, which I will be posting shortly. The video is terribly amateurish, cuz I didn't script it or edit it. Just shot the bitch and up it goes.

I'll edit this post as soon as I have it up.

I'm not sure I'm going to have time this evening to mess with it. If I do, I'll let y'all know.

Thanks again to the nice folks at AMT for giving me the machine and the opportunity to review it.

First impressions:

The packaging was rather ugly, but well done from the point of view of keeping the beast safe. It was well cushioned.

The unit itself is very small. I'm a bit worried about heat. It's pretty, though.

Jim had PM'd me saying the guy that packaged it might have forgot to include a power cable. You were right, Jim Smiley Not a problem, I have no shortage of power cables. I'll get about hooking it up as soon as I get time. Hopefully later tonight, but no promises.

Edit: Here's the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-kA5avsZBI&feature=youtu.be

I'll be doing some commentary on cryptocurrency on that channel in the future, as well as a full review of this machine.
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 04:29:02 AM

I can confirm, by logic, that the images are of the same machine. One is a side shot, one is down the cage. The usb-board on the first shot is "Top-View" while the second shot is from the "Side-View", also indicated by the writing on the PSU, thus, showing the miner-board mounted in the cage, which is obscured in the first shot.

Plus, carpet is the same.

OK, I follow you logic.
Khanduras

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Movin' on up.

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 08:52:22 AM

Folks,

To be clear,  there are 2 classes of products AMT is building.

If you bought the non-1.2 THs, then these are based on BitFury,  you should be receiving them withing the 3 weeks delivery time they claim.

My 128Ghash that I sent as a test order is now three weeks PAST my "3 weeks delivery time they claim."

I can not get in touch with them by phone, or by email. The only response I got was both unprofessional and rather insulting, where they say, and I quote, "it isn't our fault that our customers don't know how to use a forum."

Bitcoin Address: 1N1sex4rktWdxBJcFTczYZF5Xa75C47j4c                 |
Mining Income Address: 15wgpV7fDN8fVYn1q9QaPb9XSLjGRhry5L    |
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 08:58:42 AM

Ok, boys and girls, I'm reviewing the machine in another thread.

Here ya go. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=403223.new#new
Khanduras

Movin' on up.

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 09:16:50 AM

Glad to see you got yours. Just hoping people who actually ORDERED some get theirs sometime soon. With proof, of course. One of the people refused to post proof of ownership due to "security reasons." Whatever that means.

I'd just be happy to receive an email or a damn phone call. Other people claim to be able to contact them, yet I haven't in a month of trying to contact them multiple times. I just don't get it.

fryarminer

Activity: 686

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 11:55:53 AM

I'm looking forward to your review of the machine! I got mine hashing, it seems it was a faulty USB cable that I was using. I actually pulled the machine apart so there is ample air flow around the bitfury boards. It hashes much quieter, much cooler, much more steady and with much less electricity than my 80gh Avalon Gen2.

Why the images you published were erased?

Sorry, I'm traveling for a couple weeks (on horrible ice roads!) and I'll fix the links when I return back to the office.
fryarminer

Activity: 686

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 12:06:02 PM

At any rate, I ordered a 80gh miner on December 5th. My order number was #888. I paid with BTC. A few days before Christmas I sent an email and Jim replied that I would hear shortly from them that the miner was finished. Sure enough, this week I got an email in my inbox saying that the miner was ready for me to pick it up. I live just outside of NYC, so I took the drive down to Havertown.
Josh was at their small office, he had my miner, and he sat me down and showed me how to connect it and get hashing.

Could you confirm that the 80 GH/s machine in this image...

https://i.imgur.com/s6POSIb.jpg

...is the same 80 GH/s machine in this image?

https://i.imgur.com/xvGtJHO.jpg

I am trying to figure out if both images are from the same machine. It seems the first image do not match any part of the machine in the last image.

By the way, was you who took the shots?

Yeah. Same machine. I actually pulled the center piece out and flipped it around so it isn't much of a "box" anymore. It looks more like guts spilled all over the place now. But it is hashing steady. Much more steady than my Avalon.
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 01:40:35 PM

Yeah. Same machine. I actually pulled the center piece out and flipped it around so it isn't much of a "box" anymore. It looks more like guts spilled all over the place now. But it is hashing steady. Much more steady than my Avalon.

OK, thank you for the clarification.
grumpybearsgirl

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 08:31:56 PM

Yay thanks for posting this. Good to see some actual deliveries and it working out of the box and such.
Khanduras

Movin' on up.

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 08:43:41 PM

Well, here's a slight update on my situation. Jim contacted me today regarding my order of the 128GH machine. Still have yet to hear about the 1.2GH machine. Not sure if it was brought on by the rather nasty email I sent or not, but a response is a response nonetheless. Apologies all around to AMT if they read this, but surely they could understand where I was coming from.

Apparently he said he would send the tracking number as soon as he got to work this morning. That was at 9:30 AM. 3:30 PM and still no tracking number, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt anyway. If it was sent out yesterday, with the shipping method I used, I should get it by tomorrow afternoon.

Since the order was placed on December 1st (at least, according to their website), it should have shipped at the 29th. At the time, 128GH would not have been able to achieve a positive ROI by the end of the machine's lifetime. I have written to Jim asking about their Miner Protection Agreement, and will be waiting on a response to the upgrade inquiry. Not the biggest issue in the world in my mind - at least I'm getting my miner soon - but it would be nice to see they're willing to back up their own agreements.

I'll post again once I receive my miner with pictures as well as some actual performance details. I'll also update once I hear about the MPA. Hopefully things check out.

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 09:17:51 PM

Well, here's a slight update on my situation. Jim contacted me today regarding my order of the 128GH machine. Still have yet to hear about the 1.2GH machine. Not sure if it was brought on by the rather nasty email I sent or not, but a response is a response nonetheless. Apologies all around to AMT if they read this, but surely they could understand where I was coming from.

Apparently he said he would send the tracking number as soon as he got to work this morning. That was at 9:30 AM. 3:30 PM and still no tracking number, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt anyway. If it was sent out yesterday, with the shipping method I used, I should get it by tomorrow afternoon.

Since the order was placed on December 1st (at least, according to their website), it should have shipped at the 29th. At the time, 128GH would not have been able to achieve a positive ROI by the end of the machine's lifetime. I have written to Jim asking about their Miner Protection Agreement, and will be waiting on a response to the upgrade inquiry. Not the biggest issue in the world in my mind - at least I'm getting my miner soon - but it would be nice to see they're willing to back up their own agreements.

I'll post again once I receive my miner with pictures as well as some actual performance details. I'll also update once I hear about the MPA. Hopefully things check out.

Why don't they hire someone to be on the phone (or email) all day? 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
NaranKPatel

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 09:27:41 PM

Maybe because they are start-up without a lot of venture capital backing upfront to fund support properly, wages are a large cost sink. They are betting on organic growth, advertising...maybe eventually through word of mouth / reviews...
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 10:26:30 PM

So are they available now?

The first post of the thread has been blanked out...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Khanduras

Movin' on up.

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 10:32:56 PM

Maybe because they are start-up without a lot of venture capital backing upfront to fund support properly, wages are a large cost sink. They are betting on organic growth, advertising...maybe eventually through word of mouth / reviews...

Except you can outsource support for dirt cheap. I've done it before. Anyone else can do the same thing. It's not that big of a deal, or a very large expense.

YourPalToots

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 10:48:41 PM

Except you can outsource support for dirt cheap. I've done it before. Anyone else can do the same thing. It's not that big of a deal, or a very large expense.

yeah, that would go over well with the nut jobs on this site. Foreign bank account, address in the US, support outsourced to India.

and then what? support says they are still working on it. everyone is in the same place and the company has more cost to tack onto the units.
Khanduras

Movin' on up.

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 10:55:41 PM

yeah, that would go over well with the nut jobs on this site. Foreign bank account, address in the US, support outsourced to India.

and then what? support says they are still working on it. everyone is in the same place and the company has more cost to tack onto the units.

Point. But there's still no excuse that they can't respond to emails. In my case, it seems that they're quite selective in what they respond to. The only emails I've had responded to were two that basically said "give me my miner or give me a refund." One was met with negativity, and the other was responded to with "your miner was sent out yesterday."  :p

YourPalToots

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 11:30:34 PM

Point. But there's still no excuse that they can't respond to emails. In my case, it seems that they're quite selective in what they respond to. The only emails I've had responded to were two that basically said "give me my miner or give me a refund." One was met with negativity, and the other was responded to with "your miner was sent out yesterday."  :p

frankly I would rather have them head down building my machine than chatting with you.
Khanduras

Movin' on up.

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 12:11:42 AM

frankly I would rather have them head down building my machine than chatting with you.

Frankly, I don't care what you would rather have. If you want to get something done, make it happen. It's what I did. If you don't like it, too bad. Bitching and nagging here with no action done elsewhere won't get you anywhere.

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 01:40:08 AM

You think their hands are full "building" miners? LOL. "Building" consists of plugging completed boards into a PC case, of which there are a grand total of 2 confirmed builds in the past few months. My grandmother could "build" faster than that between shuffleboard sessions while her arthritis is acting up.

Buy & Hold
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: